• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Interesting. Doubt I'll have too many issues LBing both. Already on 520 rings right now.
I'll get Sulstan. I might not even play anymore by the time the rest comes out. Game isn't that much fun anymore.

Yeah, I just finished Chapter 10 and feel there's nothing left to do. Now they want us to buy more prysma at a sale...

Gizuko

What's this monthly quest that guy is talking about?

In v2 they added a monthly quest with 3x 2* enhancers and a stone (10 prysma) as drops, with the completion reward being a FR character. They switched the stone and the FR arcana later, so that you could LB said character while giving away a single stone each month.

That said, it is a dreadfully low chance. Just yesterday I got Solity to drop, and I have been doing 2-3 tries on a daily basis.

In v2 they added a monthly quest with 3x 2* enhancers and a stone (10 prysma) as drops, with the completion reward being a FR character. They switched the stone and the FR arcana later, so that you could LB said character while giving away a single stone each month.

That said, it is a dreadfully low chance. Just yesterday I got Solity to drop, and I have been doing 2-3 tries on a daily basis.

It also costs 25 AP per run and the last chest probably has a 1% drop rate, lol

Congrats on actually getting Solity to drop though

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I got a strange notification on iOS saying 'get up to 1000 free bonus prysma on our dusty's special prysma sale starting 21 April until 27 April. Login to find out more'

But I can't see any info in the game. What is this all about?

I got a strange notification on iOS saying 'get up to 1000 free bonus prysma on our dusty's special prysma sale starting 21 April until 27 April. Login to find out more'

They are just adding more bonus prysmas when you buy them.

Of course the 1000 free ones is the highest priced one, so I guess that could be a deal. ~_~

sibarraz

Banned

It means that if you spend $99.99 (best value!) they will give you 1000 prysma

Gizuko

It also costs 25 AP per run and the last chest probably has a 1% drop rate, lol

Congrats on actually getting Solity to drop though

Thank you! I really wanted a copy, it was about time.

Also, regarding the bonus 1000prysma, this bunch of... Gumi employees, actually waited a day before putting up the deal. Just how many must have bought prysma yesterday due to the current fest?

elty

What does "Google maintenance" even means anyways? Just tring to shift the 60 hours maintenance blame to Google?

I highly doubt Google will bring down any service for 4 hours for the sake of maintenance. Heck even minutes of outage is widely reported.

Kettch

Oh wow, here I was struggling through the first 2 or 3 gauntlet fights with my best characters, then I take the advice here and run just my level 23 Minimo and a bunch of rainbow level 1s and make it through the first 4. Turns out rank 7 accounts are a lot easier to beat than rank 30-40. :p

If I can get a decent full screen AoE character, this will be easy. Not sure if Lizerotte will be good enough though. Maybe even just having pure mage and Minimo can get me through it.

desverger

Oh wow, here I was struggling through the first 2 or 3 gauntlet fights with my best characters, then I take the advice here and run just my level 23 Minimo and a bunch of rainbow level 1s and make it through the first 4. Turns out rank 7 accounts are a lot easier to beat than rank 30-40. :p

If I can get a decent full screen AoE character, this will be easy. Not sure if Lizerotte will be good enough though. Maybe even just having pure mage and Minimo can get me through it.

It's true the levels don't really matter in the gauntlet, which is kind of funny. I guess the go-to plan for gauntlet is to bring a decent aoe char and enough sacrificial mana so you can spam it :p

Since I guess you started before Coro raid, you don't have her - for a soldier team, she's pretty much the best aoe char at the moment.

Fiona is also a decent 3* mage for gauntlet since she gets a 40% attack boost when someone dies, and has a 2-mana full screen aoe.

NightDX

Neo Member
Well did 9 pulls hopping to get at least 1 parchelle or cherry. Got 1 Oguma and a bunch of 3*. At least got a chain story character... This rates are horrible but if I wait for v2 to use my prysma I'll lose interest in that game. And I like this game enough to consider spending money on it

Hoping for v2 in 3 months time.

Also reading that comparison between Suls...Trystan and Frau, I really like the ideia of dancing troupe!!!

Rixa

Well did 9 pulls hopping to get at least 1 parchelle or cherry. Got 1 Oguma and a bunch of 3*. At least got a chain story character... This rates are horrible but if I wait for v2 to use my prysma I'll lose interest in that game. And I like this game enough to consider spending money on it

Hoping for v2 in 3 months time.

Also reading that comparison between Suls...Trystan and Frau, I really like the ideia of dancing troupe!!!

Dont expect to get 5* with 10 pulls.

Dont expect to get 5* with v2 JPCC rates in 10 pulls either. I did 20 pulls (12 tickets rest prysma) in JPCC where 5* rate is 7% and didnt get any 5* units.

We dont know what are the rates in global Gumi v.2 world going to be. If they are 7% it aint easy to get 5*.

To get 5* here as F2P is a thing to remember. My alt has got 0. I played alt daily from the beginning of Coropatillion raid and used all the tickets & prysma which we have got.

NightDX

Neo Member
I know the rates suck and I already got Yoshino from the valetine's day event but the list of of 5* in this event is too good to pass up.
But even then with 9 pulls wasn't expecting to get only 1 4*.

I have a friend who has 2 5* and is only rank 14. And one of those is parchelle pulled last week from the holycapital.

I really want parchelle to have and excuse to make a knight team.

desverger

Dusty's War Sale couldn't have come at a better time :p

Melvina's Phoenix Cane and Toka's Gladius have been fully upgraded already from 0. Now I just need a few random enhancers to fully upgrade my other characters' weapons.

elty

I was just checking

I did a total of 29 pulls (1 free roll, 19 rolls with double rate, 4 rolls with 5x rate and 5 rolls with honor point) in the last few months, in total I get:

3x 5*
5x 4*
21x 3*

Compared to in FFRK I only did 12 rolls, and already get 3x 5* and 2x 4*. I seriously cannot believe people can afford to LB4 on gatcha only arcana.

Rixa

I was just checking

I did a total of 29 pulls (1 free roll, 19 rolls with double rate, 4 rolls with 5x rate and 5 rolls with honor point) in the last few months, in total I get:

3x 5*
5x 4*
21x 3*

Compared to in FFRK I only did 12 rolls, and already get 3x 5* and 2x 4*. I seriously cannot believe people can afford to LB4 on gatcha only arcana.

Yeah, you need money to MLB gacha only 5* units.

My take in 10 days, 2 accounts.I have made total of 28 Prysma/Tix pulls (not counting HT pulls).
About 14 per account. Main account has only gotten 3* units, while alt has got 2x 4* units.

Alt accounts only gacha 5* is from reroll marathon (Katya). Main has incredible luck and got 2x 5* from tavern pulls (I did start with 2x3* no rerolls).

sibarraz

Banned
Im reaching this point where I had way too little AP to advance with the story plus doing the dailies.

Should I just finish the game and later do the dailies?

Kettch

Im reaching this point where I had way too little AP to advance with the story plus doing the dailies.

Should I just finish the game and later do the dailies?

Are you running a Nimpha for the drop rate increase? I've only been doing dailies for about a week, but I'm ending up with a decent amount of AP left over after finishing both each day. Working on the 5th dusty war sale quest already. Maybe I've just been lucky though.

Avalt

Are you running a Nimpha for the drop rate increase? I've only been doing dailies for about a week, but I'm ending up with a decent amount of AP left over after finishing both each day. Working on the 5th dusty war sale quest already. Maybe I've just been lucky though.

Today I wasn't even able to finish the 20 AP warrior daily. The drop rates are just so miserable sometimes (and yes all the tries were with lvl.60 Nimpha friends)

You must have a lucky account :p

BJK

Today I wasn't even able to finish the 20 AP warrior daily. The drop rates are just so miserable sometimes (and yes all the tries were with lvl.60 Nimpha friends)

It took me about 8 tries(w/Nimpha) to complete the 20 AP daily yesterday. I'm currently 0-3 in getting the 4th chest for the cleric 20 AP daily.

For whatever reason, it always seems like my luck in the dailies is terrible during Dusty's War Sale weeks. Only got about half of the rewards last war sale; I've only been able to throw about 20 AP at it so far.

elty

I run a Nimpha myself, and on average both daily takes about 4 tries to complete - so that's 120AP gone in a 180AP day.

Kettch

Yeah, with a 19.5% drop rate on the last chest I'll be bound to hit a rough patch eventually. On the other hand, someone ran the numbers over here and came up with an average of 44ap left per weekday after finishing the dailies, so I think that's enough to progress decently while still stockpiling rings.

elty

Yeah, with a 19.5% drop rate on the last chest I'll be bound to hit a rough patch eventually. On the other hand, someone ran the numbers over here and came up with an average of 44ap left per weekday after finishing the dailies, so I think that's enough to progress decently while still stockpiling rings.

Is there data on which daily is better for exp?

Kettch

Is there data on which daily is better for exp?

The most comprehensive XP guide I could find was here. Which has rookie as considerably better than intermediate for XP. Though various free quests are a lot better for XP, if you're willing to skip out on immediate fortune rings.

desverger

I think the gauntlet either has some randomization OR it factors in your success in it.

Yesterday I reset it early because I was facing rank 45 from the beginning. Today morning, I took the exact same team and faced rank 28 opponents in the start, making it considerably easier. After I fully cleared and reset it, with the same team again, the first rank I was facing was 38..

edit: Maintenance in game.

Gizuko

Just got myself a lb2 cheery and a copy of the event mage in jpCC. When I got 2 cheerys in a row I didn't know wether to cry or laugh, given the event mage is on pick up.

40fr for a ticket is pretty expensive, but it's something. Gonna need to farm a lot of AC for next month's fr character, though.

ah_hia

Just got myself a lb2 cheery and a copy of the event mage in jpCC. When I got 2 cheerys in a row I didn't know wether to cry or laugh, given the event mage is on pick up.

40fr for a ticket is pretty expensive, but it's something. Gonna need to farm a lot of AC for next month's fr character, though.

I got the event mage and a cheery as well. Can't believe I got them on so early. V2 needs to come out soon for global.

garath

So regarding Sulstan/Trystan whatever they are going to name him. I was originally going to MLB him and give him the assassin's blade. Now after reading that breakdown on Frau vs Sulstan and looking ahead to v2, etc etc. I'm less sure.

All of this is given that my interest in the game is waning and I'm thinking just MLB Sulstan to have someone new and strong NOW.

I have 400 rings. I don't think I'll have enough to MLB both Sulstan AND Frau unless we get another raid or two between now and then. This current raid I didn't even have that great of a return because I kept the demon.

The Sulstan replacement Aggdra is 6 months out so I'd be relying on my current soldier team of LB0 Lindsey, LB2 Coro to tide me over until then. Frau looks like the better long term choice but who knows if I'm even going to be playing at that time.

Then there's the possibility of the return of Lindsey who I desperately need to MLB and supposedly the Paloma ring character in 2 months is really useful for the xp boost as well.

I'm unsure the best approach.

I'm leaning toward getting Sulstan, skipping the next two ring characters and saving as many as I possibly can. Then just getting as many copies of Frau as possible, probably LB2 at this rate. Dunno though.

elty

I hope they just bring down the server indefinitely until v2 launch, then give 1 ticket and 3 rings for each day of downtime.

NightDX

Neo Member
So regarding Sulstan/Trystan whatever they are going to name him. I was originally going to MLB him and give him the assassin's blade. Now after reading that breakdown on Frau vs Sulstan and looking ahead to v2, etc etc. I'm less sure.

All of this is given that my interest in the game is waning and I'm thinking just MLB Sulstan to have someone new and strong NOW.

I have 400 rings. I don't think I'll have enough to MLB both Sulstan AND Frau unless we get another raid or two between now and then. This current raid I didn't even have that great of a return because I kept the demon.

The Sulstan replacement Aggdra is 6 months out so I'd be relying on my current soldier team of LB0 Lindsey, LB2 Coro to tide me over until then. Frau looks like the better long term choice but who knows if I'm even going to be playing at that time.

Then there's the possibility of the return of Lindsey who I desperately need to MLB and supposedly the Paloma ring character in 2 months is really useful for the xp boost as well.

I'm unsure the best approach.

I'm leaning toward getting Sulstan, skipping the next two ring characters and saving as many as I possibly can. Then just getting as many copies of Frau as possible, probably LB2 at this rate. Dunno though.

I was thinking the same thing but a dance troupe team seams hard to get considering most of them are 5* and tabiblik is a demon that global will not get till next year, also the strategy relies on getting the event character and probably using money to get souls for higher level demons.

And Aggdra is a 22 party cost 5* that its only certain that we can LB1... And again her demon raid drops, if we'r lucky, late this year/ early next year.

This said I will probably lb2 or 3 Suls... Trystan and hope for the best in that monthly quest...

How long is this maintenance supposed to be?

desverger

So regarding Sulstan/Trystan whatever they are going to name him. I was originally going to MLB him and give him the assassin's blade. Now after reading that breakdown on Frau vs Sulstan and looking ahead to v2, etc etc. I'm less sure..

For me the answer is simple - since I run mainly a soldier team, I'm getting MLB Sulstan and only one copy of Frau, since she'll be more of a support character for me. Sulstan and Coro will be the heavy hitters in my team.

This may be a silly question but why would you want to MLB Frau? She's a good support but her active skill does no damage whatsoever, so the only benefit of having more ATK/HP on her is to deal more autoattack damage.

I don't know. I don't care about gatcha rates. Are there anything else?

The events are generally a whole lot more helpful to the player.

Like, we're getting an upcoming demon raid, where mages are going to be the in-thing. So we get a new gacha with mages, plus event quests that drop wands enhancers and mage exp. And that's all before the raid has even started.

Pulled once, got a three star dud. Kinda tempted to pull again or so considering I have like 10+ tickets left unused and like 140 prysmas but at the same time, I already do have a decently leveled mage...

Avalt

I will be skipping Sulstan for Frau. I figure there will be plenty of MLB Sulstan friends around :p
(and my LB2 Coro with LB1 Bernadette seem capable for the time being)

Fishious

For me the answer is simple - since I run mainly a soldier team, I'm getting MLB Sulstan and only one copy of Frau, since she'll be more of a support character for me. Sulstan and Coro will be the heavy hitters in my team.

This may be a silly question but why would you want to MLB Frau? She's a good support but her active skill does no damage whatsoever, so the only benefit of having more ATK/HP on her is to deal more autoattack damage.

Going by the analysis I read read on another forum, the rationale for MLB Frau vs Sulstan is that eventually Sulstan will be obsoleted by the demon Aggdra (as garath mentioned) and to this day Frau has not been adequately replaced by character in the Japanese version. As I understand it you're right in that MLB Frau only increases her stats, but since her active skill buffs the party and doesn't stop her from attacking (unlike dancers) she gets more mileage out of her increased stats.

That said, I'm not sure what the right choice is if you can only choose one. While Aggdra will eventually replace Sulstan, going by the Japanese schedule that's still six months out and it looks like a lot of people in this thread are already burning out so it may be better to go with Sulstan. Plus Aggdra's team cost is an expensive 22.

I've personally got enough rings that I can do both and probably still grab at least 1 copy of another character by the time Frau comes around. If you're already close to having enough rings for MLB Sulstan you can probably grab enough for MLB Frau between daily quests, demon raids, and gauntlet before she rotates out.

desverger

Going by the analysis I read read on another forum, the rationale for MLB Frau vs Sulstan is that eventually Sulstan will be obsoleted by the demon Aggdra (as garath mentioned) and to this day Frau has not been adequately replaced by character in the Japanese version. As I understand it you're right in that MLB Frau only increases her stats, but since her active skill buffs the party and doesn't stop her from attacking (unlike dancers) she gets more mileage out of her increased stats.

Ah I see - thanks for the explanation (and the clarification that Frau's active is not a dance).

Aggdra sounds to be so far into the future that I'd rather get Sulstan now, though. I don't even know if I'll be playing when her raid comes out. Also my luck with demon raids hasn't been that great, so MLBing Aggdra might not even be a possibility.

Top Bottom