• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Aki-at

Last nine pulls, hoping for a Armilus in the end but only managed a 3* weapon and an Iris. Overly very satisfied with the drop rate in this event (Blue chests after every 6 raid or so it felt) but the pull rate seemed to be worse from the previous event. Managed to get to 100 soon I've gotten another premium ticket, yay!

I've collected enough ring to be able to fully limit break Sulstan so I've accomplished my first objective. Now the second would be to get a further 420 to max limit break Lindsey and Deed when they come around again.

Didn't get any new characters via drops this time round though, but got a few thanks to prysma pulls. Should have enough content between the main story and side missions to last me till the next event. Still annoyed Gauntlet doesn't work for me : <

Thank you Aki and all the others helping out. I think my next level is 80 and then I'm done except to help others if I can. My LB0 Minimo and warrior team just can't handle this raid.

No problem! You're Nimpha helps me out plenty of time with the chest drops, glad I could finally return the favour!

Yaari

No rolls here. Figure I might as well wait while V2 is getting closer each month. I can already see my 10~ rolls being full of 3*'s.

desverger

I would not pull from this event. Rates seem pretty bad, as usual.

Regardless, I spent my 4 tickets just to get rid of them and got..

3* Isach - some mage guy with blind, he's gonna end up being sold for rings I bet
3* Inuchiyo - spear warrior, not gonna use him since I already have a spear team as knights
3* Audette - dupe, sold already
3* Raheem - knight with 1 mana blind, gonna keep him for a cheap blind effect

All in all, pretty much what I expected. I Still have over 750 prysma, not gonna pull more though.

After the raid ended I've been grinding the Dusty's holy weapon quest. Almost got my Melvina's Phoenix Cane fully upgraded!

Avalt

No rolls here. Figure I might as well wait while V2 is getting closer each month. I can already see my 10~ rolls being full of 3*'s.

With 10 rolls I would expect about 8x 3* arcana and 2x 4* arcana. I lost hope of ever pulling a 5* in V1.

Someone on my friend list got alv80 filiana, how do they level do fast?

Well, with the demon raid you got a lot of Arcana's. If you combine that with the AC gacha and a whole lot of gold (allowing you to even use 1/2* characters) it isn't that hard.

Edit: since she's MLB i'd also assume that your friend used some $$$.

I dropped a 4 star cleric that cures blind and 2 tornados, should I keep them or sell them?

The Cleric is Celeya right? A MLB Melvina (The baseline cleric IMO) has better stats compared to a lvl 50 Celeya. All of her abilities are kinda useless too.

There are a lot of better 4* clerics out there.

sibarraz

Banned
Well ty now I got my third tigre with that I already had a LB 1 melvina and another 4 star cleric with pink hair and a corset that dont know if should I keep it too

What about the 2 tornados? Or better yet which 3 stars are wirth keeping?

Pulled three times, got three 3 stars including two of the same old desert man.

You sure aren't compelling me to come back to this game, Gumi

NightDX

Neo Member
Well ty now I got my third tigre with that I already had a LB 1 melvina and another 4 star cleric with pink hair and a corset that dont know if should I keep it too

Pink hair and corset should be Vanessa. She is not bad but kinda hard to use since her skill cost 2 manna and her first ability increases healing but decreases range.

Melvina is the best 3* healer and its not hard to come by or LB.

Personally I have Popra and Melvina LB1 and I prefer Popra but most people would disagree.

As for Tornado I think that Dusty is better than most 3* and its easy to LB.

I prefer a 1 mana group heal skill so that's something you'd need to look for
A lot of the 4* clerics are only marginally better then Melvina wich is kinda underwhelming. Arietta seems to be the only cleric which checks all the right marks.

Does anyone know when a 5* healer will arrive?

On 3* units:
http://chain-chronicle-forum.com/threads/a-beginners-guide-to-3&#9733;-characters.44/

This guide seems usefull, i don't know of it's outdated or completely correct but i'm sure it will at least point you in the good direction.

chrono01

It's definitely what I'm doing.

Since launch, I've used all of my earned [and some purchased, but this was early on before I knew better] Prysma and haven't received a single 5*. This event has nice units, but the rates on them still aren't the best. It's not as though we need them for the current content anyway [aside from Phoena's ability quest, which you can Revival Fruit your way through].

elty

Well, with the demon raid you got a lot of Arcana's. If you combine that with the AC gacha and a whole lot of gold (allowing you to even use 1/2* characters) it isn't that hard.

Edit: since she's MLB i'd also assume that your friend used some $$$.

I mean I don't see option to outright level up with $$ - it is not like you can buy enhancer with prysma. I do use all my 1/2* arcana to level up and I cannot even reach 40. The exp needed to reach 40 is probably just a very small portion of the exp needed to reach 80.

I mean I don't see option to outright level up with $$ - it is not like you can buy enhancer with prysma. I do use all my 1/2* arcana to level up and I cannot even reach 40. The exp needed to reach 40 is probably just a very small portion of the exp needed to reach 80.

I think that there are some bundles that you can buy which give enhancers. He also could've reached very far in the event for those 4* enhancers. Some "Great Successes" will also take you a long way.

You can also buy 3* enhancers with Fortune rings.

Most of the time a 4 stars basic char has better stats than a MLB 3 stars?

I quickly compared the stats of the clerics and a MLB 3* is better statswise then a 4* lvl 50 unit. The difference is really small though.

Edit: What rank is the weapon that Fortune ring characters start of with? Thinking about keeping my 3* sword so i can immediately upgrade Sulstan's weapon to the Grief Sword when he is available.

garath

It's definitely what I'm doing.

Since launch, I've used all of my earned [and some purchased, but this was early on before I knew better] Prysma and haven't received a single 5*. This event has nice units, but the rates on them still aren't the best. It's not as though we need them for the current content anyway [aside from Phoena's ability quest, which you can Revival Fruit your way through].

That's the best reason to wait. I've also spend around 800 prysma plus a handful of tickets all during rate up events to get not a single 5*. We're talking 20+ pulls so far without a single UR. It's not at all worth gambling what I have right now. On the off chance v2 comes out any time soon, I'll have a much better return for the tickets. Not like I really NEED anything. My characters are more than capable of handling current content.

Most of the time a 4 stars basic char has better stats than a MLB 3 stars?

As stated, probably pretty similar.

I imagine while leveling, a 4 star will have higher stats than a 3 star at the same level.

Gotta take into account that 4 stars have two skills instead of one though.

garath

Edit: What rank is the weapon that Fortune ring characters start of with? Thinking about keeping my 3* sword so i can immediately upgrade Sulstan's weapon to the Grief Sword when he is available.

I'm pretty sure they just start off with normal C rank weapon. I remember having to find a B rank sword to give Lindsey before I could do the grief sword.

I have a mess of B rank swords and the assassin's blade ready for Sulstan. Come on 10 more days.

Though in retrospect I got more than a few normal swords from the raid.. I should have kept one to give to Sulstan to upgrade him to assassin's blade. Whoops.

desverger

its 2X UR rate for some of the most popular characters - so the UR roster is fairly well stacked. Not sure you'll get a better option to pull anytime soon?

2X 1.7% is not a lot - but having said that, now would be a pretty good time to reroll for a new account :p

v2 is when we all are waiting to spend our hard earned prysma, if/when we hopefully get some better pull rates.

I'm pretty sure they just start off with normal C rank weapon. I remember having to find a B rank sword to give Lindsey before I could do the grief sword.

I have a mess of B rank swords and the assassin's blade ready for Sulstan. Come on 10 more days.

Though in retrospect I got more than a few normal swords from the raid.. I should have kept one to give to Sulstan to upgrade him to assassin's blade. Whoops.

If you're missing a B-rank sword for Sulstan, there's a Dusty's War Sale going on now, with the chance to grab a decent B-rank sword for yourself. I may just need to do that since you just reminded me of that :p

garath

2X 1.7% is not a lot - but having said that, now would be a pretty good time to reroll for a new account :p

v2 is when we all are waiting to spend our hard earned prysma, if/when we hopefully get some better pull rates.

If you're missing a B-rank sword for Sulstan, there's a Dusty's War Sale going on now, with the chance to grab a decent B-rank sword for yourself. I may just need to do that since you just reminded me of that :p

I have 3-4 3* B-rank swords. Just realized I should have kept one of the normal draw swords I got during the raid. It's a little bit of a waste to use a 3* sword when I'm immediately going to upgrade to a 5* sword.

I feel like some people make 4 color mana teams just to be pieces of shit when people face them in AI form in the Gauntlet. Having a mage/archer and healer and knight and soldier in your team isn't really advantageous mana-wise. But when you face their computer form it doesn't matter cause they get infinite mana of every color. They have the most annoying set of skills with knights to tank shots and shit, making sure you can't reach their ranged nuker.

elty

How lucky am I? For the last 7 runs of daily,I got the same two enhancer chest every time. The 20ap took 7 tries to get the 4th chest and the 10ap took me 8 tries and still not finished. I sometimes wonder if daily is really worth it, but then I need fortune ring.

Another question, I have about 280 FR now,. I want both Sulstan and Lindsey. I am wondering if I should save my FR for Lindsey - since my team lack a 1 mana boss tanker.

Current team:
Nimpha
Coro LB2
Sonya
Melvina

Sub
Haruaki
Dusty

elty

I was bored and I don't think V2 will come before I quit, so I blew all my premium ticket away.

Get the following

4*
Hassan
Airi
Febrya

3*
Toto
Audette
Nelva
Raheem
Jedah

No 5* it is not THAT bad. Only Nelva and Raheem (and perhaps Airi) can go straight to the ring.

I guess if there is a spear raid I can field Febrya + Toto + Audette + (another knight or Minimo).

I was bored and I don't think V2 will come before I quit, so I blew all my premium ticket away.

Get the following

4*
Hassan
Airi
Febrya

3*
Toto
Audette
Nelva
Raheem
Jedah

No 5* it is not THAT bad. Only Nelva and Raheem (and perhaps Airi) can go straight to the ring.

Hassan's pretty good, I try to fit him into the sub-party for whatever team I make. His 5% attack buff is pretty substantial when you're running a warrior team like most people.

I'm disappointed with the war sale this week. None of the weapons are that great. I guess I'm still bitter about missing out on the Grief Sword and Assassin Blade. The weapon enhancers are nice though.

I think the gauntlet has been a nice addition in terms of having something else to do and actually being a semi-consistent place to get prysma once you've exhausted the quests. I think it's been something like 2-3 times a week there's some to collect near the end. If only the actual combat wasn't so completely luck based for most teams.

elty

How do people do gauntlet now anyways? The event is just weird because the better card you have, the harder is your enemy. There is no incentive to level up.

Tried to use Liz, but her active can only do 700-800 damage. I thought titan cave buff would make her better.

Edit: Liz kind of works, but her active is too weak so you have to essentially spam the skill. I may need to bring her to lv 50 and see.

Vecks

How do people do gauntlet now anyways? The event is just weird because the better card you have, the harder is your enemy. There is no incentive to level up.

Tried to use Liz, but her active can only do 700 damage.

I always do terrible at the gauntlet. I've been trying the strategy where you just bring in one strong AoE character (all I've got is Coro for that role) with the rest as sacrificial lvl 1 junk, in order to keep the enemy level low. But it doesn't always work out as well as I hope.

Tried to use Liz, but her active can only do 700 damage. I thought titan cave buff would make her better.
It all hinges on having someone with AOE and focusing on the biggest AOE threats on their side. If they have the likes of Cheery,Aludra, Coro or Phoena take them out ASAP. The incentive to level up is to get someone's skill to be damaging enough to take out all but the tankiest of tanks in one shot.

I have Sonya who can take out at least 3 at the start and then if I'm lucky with the mana, can finish off the rest with another dash. With this amazing "strategy" I can finish the gauntlet each time but still need some restarts.

The only other tips are carrying over the right mana to the next round by leaving their healer alive and stalling until you get the right spins. This is a lot easier in the first couple rounds though when a couple seconds isn't the difference between full life and game over. Also try take advantage of invincibility when you see them about to use a special.

On a side note, I've seen a couple people rag on Filiana for not having a ranged special. However that thing has a huge AOE and hits hard with her self buff. It's been great for the gauntlet.

elty

No I mean in a normal game you would level up all your cards so that you have an edge. But for gauntlet the optimal strategy seems to be just 1 max level + 9 lv 1.

Oh I agree it's certainly dumb. Are your opponents scaled to your rank or average party level? That seems to go out the window anyway at the end when you're up against 7 level 80's.

elty

Oh I agree it's certainly dumb. Are your opponents scaled to your rank or average party level? That seems to go out the window anyway at the end when you're up against 7 level 80's.

I think it is the average party level, because once I field only 6 cards and the opponent is stronger than 6 + 4 cannon fodder.

A lv 40 + 9 lv1 means you will face at most lv 40s in the final battle. I am going to try using a lv 30 Sonya + 9.

Does flame weapon actually add damage if the target is not vulnerable to it?

Azusa

Kinda similar game. Maybe.

Fantasy War Tactics

Its in the beta phase and you can try it till April 30th (Thu) 02:00 A.M.(PST). Android phones only. They give out many crystals to play around and all progress after beta end will be reset.

[Coupon code] GAMESTART

I don't know if its a fun game or not. I'm playing it now but I need some time to assess. It's possible that this is just an another mindless-p2w-auto-everything game.

elty

I am suspecting the dusty war sale has the same drop rate as the goblin raid, always first 2 chest and nothing else.

Azusa

Sulstan is now Trystan. Gumitranslation.

garath

Sulstan is now Trystan. Gumitranslation.

Lol. Oh well. At least he's coming right? Should be May 1?

I have 350 rings ready to go. It'll be nice actually having a MLB 5* for once.

I'm even thinking I'm going to use some prysma to expand my 35 inventory and stockpile some blade enhancers for him. Get that assassin's blade up and running quick.

Rixa

Lol. Oh well. At least he's coming right? Should be May 1?

I have 350 rings ready to go. It'll be nice actually having a MLB 5* for once.

I'm even thinking I'm going to use some prysma to expand my 35 inventory and stockpile some blade enhancers for him. Get that assassin's blade up and running quick.

Yup, getting MLB this and then 1 Tigre and then gathering rings to Frau. Frau is coming about in 3 months from Trystan and I should have 350 rings again (now at 372 rings).

I think starting slot amount is 40. It makes life easier the more slots you have. I have 110 slots and buying more when I get more Prysma. Basically I do one prysma pull and buy 5 slots and then gather again Prysmas for 1 pull and 10 Prysma for 5 slot increase.

Elija2

I have 289 rings, just enough to LB4 Trystan. I'm guessing we won't be seeing Lindsey again for a while so no point in saving up for her.

garath

521 rings and two demon cards to sell.

I think I need one archer. Who is better demon or Tigre?

I went with demon because she was a free LB2 as I ended up with 3 cards. I suspect Tigre might be a better archer with the poison but she'd be LB0 or I'd have to spend some of my precious rings that I'd use on future characters.

I have 289 rings, just enough to LB4 Trystan. I'm guessing we won't be seeing Lindsey again for a while so no point in saving up for her.

Tough to say.. according to the JP release schedule, Lindsey returned shortly? after Sulstan. I'm kind of banking on that, saving my rings to get 4 more Lindseys.

I have 400 now so still a long way to go to MLB Trystan + 4 more ring characters. 230 more. I can scrounge up 30 by getting rid of my extra 4*s but that's not enough. Hopefully there's at least one more raid between now and then or v2 hits.

Azusa

I went with demon because she was a free LB2 as I ended up with 3 cards. I suspect Tigre might be a better archer with the poison but she'd be LB0 or I'd have to spend some of my precious rings that I'd use on future characters.

Yeah it make sense. I can LB1 demon and I think it will be enough for now. I'll save rings to get last copy of Lindsey (if she returns) and some copies of Frau.

Gizuko

I have been meaning to ask this lately, but with Sulstan (I refuse to call him Trystan) coming next month, have you decided how to spend your FR?

I still don't have enough for Sulstan yet, unless I sell my Gift Box stash (which is a last resort), but he isn't my top priority either. I'll probably LB0 or LB2 him, since I want a copy of Paloma for a farming team (although I could do without her, honestly) and Frau is my top priority right now.
That's ~630FR in 3 months. Seems doable, but I don't really know.

Did they confirm they are bringing Lindsey back? Might want a copy of her too, if only for her airshielding.

garath

Here's an interesting breakdown I found comparing Sulstan to Frau.

http://chain-chronicle-forum.com/threads/analysis-to-mlb-sulstan-or-frau.1159/

This guy seems to know his stuff but man you have to be talking about the long game when you are talking about a F2P phone game 4 months down the line.

I'm pretty sure I'm sticking with my original plan to MLB Sulstan in 10 days, drop an assassin blade on him and have a very scary front line of LB2 Coro, LB0 Lindsey (with grief sword), MLB Sulstan (with assassin blade). This is provided I have the cost to do any of this lol. I need to rank up hard.

I'll probably miss out MLB'ing Frau and I'll likely prioritize additional copies of Lindsey if she drops but who knows.

As a F2P player, I don't have the luxury of having multiple teams unless I get lucky. Frau won't complement my soldier team as well as an all mage, knight or dance troupe team. At least she will be as useful LB0 as MLB to me. For now. We'll see. I'll think on it some more.

Yaari

Interesting. Doubt I'll have too many issues LBing both. Already on 520 rings right now.
I'll get Sulstan. I might not even play anymore by the time the rest comes out. Game isn't that much fun anymore.

Top Bottom