• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

garath

Actually... if people are expecting a spear raid then why using the A rank spear now? Wouldn't it make more sense to use the event one first?

I'm definitely not using the A rank spear yet. I'm loading her with a B rank spear to level it up some before any event though. C rank only lets you put a couple points into it.

elty

I think someone posted a chart saying top 1500 in Japan required 300K point? Since global seems to have less players 300K should be absolutely safe.

Avalt

I think someone posted a chart saying top 1500 in Japan required 300K point? Since global seems to have less players 300K should be absolutely safe.

Assuming that the rank 1500 spot grows daily by 30k pts, we can calculate that at the very minimum you will require about 175,000 pts come Sunday night. However add in people using up all thier remaining fruits next Sunday, that number will probably grow to around 200,000 pts

I consider 250,000 pts to be a good safe point to be at when all is said and done.

Sensei is a traveller, meaning she is event only. It really is a pity, she is awesome.

Wanna see that knew knuckle, he deserves a blind.

Edit: Damn, lilith and treelancia on pickup. Gotta farm those hunt missions!

Edit2: the wand seems to have a chance to inflict ailments, I'd advise against getting it before knowing who to give it to.

Oh that's a shame, should have probably did more pulls but didn't want to max LB Rebecca or something

I'm amused by these two event quests right now.

One coughs up 2 star mage enhancers, the other pops out wands and mace enhancers. It's like JPCC is saying since you got a new mace wielding mage demon, why not go ahead and level her to your hearts content.

Plus the last new event quest pops out nothing but money so you won't go broke in the meantime.

JPCC is so nice~

Vylash

Rm2uqAO.png
oh yeah, pulled her last night at the last minute and maxed her out instantly thanks to those very generous mage quests, now i just need to wait for the teacher to show up aga-

Sensei is a traveller, meaning she is event only. It really is a pity, she is awesome.
cdX1IiT.jpg

elty

Should I level up my Hassan? He is very useful in gauntlet as a lv1, 30% attack buff so my Coro can AE enemy in one hit. On the other hand he seems to be a very useful sub too...

Vecks

Wanna see that knew knuckle, he deserves a blind.

Edit: Damn, lilith and treelancia on pickup. Gotta farm those hunt missions!

Edit2: the wand seems to have a chance to inflict ailments, I'd advise against getting it before knowing who to give it to.

I did like 17 pulls to see if I could get Lilith and failed. :(
But I did manage to get Parchelle and Ares, so it wasn't all a loss.

chrono01

I'm trying to pace myself, running the higher/slower AP quests for higher points per Stamina Fruit. I went from a little over 200,000k in points to 234,572. I still have Stamina Fruit x2 and Super Stamina Fruit x2.

I'd rather not use Prysma to replenish, or my Fortune Rings to purchase more Stamina Fruit, but we'll see how things turn out...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm at rank 631, but I'm running low on fruit. I think i have 3 fruit and 4 SS fruit left. I'll probably get that 10 stamina fruit bundle since it's not much prysma.

? In the shop I could only see a war chronicle bundle for 60 prysma which has 2x revival fruit and 4x super stamina, and there was another pack with 15xsuper stamina for 140 prysma but I bought that and now it doesn't show up anymore. I don't have any bundles wih just stamina fruit.

Edit: how many points would I recover per hour? I'm wondering if I can use some AP now before the next fever but want it to be full again by then

orrible

Neo Member
? In the shop I could only see a war chronicle bundle for 60 prysma which has 2x revival fruit and 4x super stamina, and there was another pack with 15xsuper stamina for 140 prysma but I bought that and now it doesn't show up anymore. I don't have any bundles wih just stamina fruit.

There's an 80 prysma pack for 10 stamina fruit along with the other 2 packs. I think you're only allowed to purchase one pack out of the 80 or 140 prysma packs.

Gizuko

Oh that's a shame, should have probably did more pulls but didn't want to max LB Rebecca or something

I'm amused by these two event quests right now.

One coughs up 2 star mage enhancers, the other pops out wands and mace enhancers. It's like JPCC is saying since you got a new mace wielding mage demon, why not go ahead and level her to your hearts content.

Plus the last new event quest pops out nothing but money so you won't go broke in the meantime.

JPCC is so nice~

I know right? It definitely is a way to max Alphin. I don't plan to let it go to waste, gotta get her up to 80 as soon as possible.

oh yeah, pulled her last night at the last minute and maxed her out instantly thanks to those very generous mage quests, now i just need to wait for the teacher to show up aga-

cdX1IiT.jpg

I literally lol'd, I didn't expect Luccana to be used as a reaction image.

Also, congrats on Stella, I really like the way she says "Collection" for some reason.

I did like 17 pulls to see if I could get Lilith and failed. :(
But I did manage to get Parchelle and Ares, so it wasn't all a loss.

Those are damn fine knights. I got Wayne and Rowendia, so 16 rings out of 4 pulls. I Wish I had more stones, Arietta isn't enough at times.

By the way, did you all see the next Fortune Ring Gacha character? A markswoman!
It seems I'll definitely be skipping Ruuno. Friendly reminder, though: she'll be gone soon (between the 14th and 19th, probably, since that's when Aile left).

Rixa

Just heard that Gauntlets subheal bug has been fixed at Ios devices. No update yet to Android. Not going to bother with Gauntlet anymore. They tuned mana roll & rewards and now this.

desverger

What did they change?

A lot of things just went from bad to worse on iOS. I used to wonder what people were talking about, but after playing with the new patch, gauntlet is pretty awful now. For example, you used to roll mana every 6 seconds, now it's every 10 seconds (after the first roll). And the opponent still spams skills like crazy, that was completely unchanged.

I honestly wouldn't bother with the gauntlet anymore with a Coro team, you'll basically have to force restart if you don't roll 2 red mana from the beginning.

I've also heard they made the reward worse, but I cannot confirm that myself. I'm gonna stop doing it myself, the force restarting was pretty bad already but it's even worse now.

elty

Wiped three times today....
- not watching the 4th battlefield defend quest
- wiped on last defend quest
- used my level up team on the last free quest. Despite a difficulty of only 27 that quest is harder than the defend quest.

not going to attempt the last defend quest again. Made only 30K point.

Weird, the chart at http://horc.bitbucket.org/ is not showing me when I should be rank in 666. It looks like that chart is screwed up.

desverger

Finally finished the story during this fever. Glad that's over with. Now I have tonight & the rest of the weekend to just farm points. I'm at 130k, gonna try and push to 200k during the weekend I guess.

FYI, the first two stages in the last quest of Black Fortress give out 4 chests with a lot of points, it's a good idea to do those during fever time at least. The last two stages give out 3 and 2 chests, respectively.

garath

215k points now. I should be able to get 250k after the next fever np provided I don't get hung up on something at work.

I hoooooope that's enough to get the 1500. I'm nervous. I can imagine a last day blitz on people burning everything they have to push themselves over that 1500 mark and the bar reaching 250k or higher.

I wouldn't care except I really did work at it and I'd hate to fall in the last couple days. I'll try my best to squeeze in some fever time over the weekend but I really suspect I'll maybe get 20k more total over the whole weekend.

I still have SSF to use too. Maybe I'll just save them for the next event if it doesn't look like I'll need them.

Finally finished the story during this fever. Glad that's over with. Now I have tonight & the rest of the weekend to just farm points. I'm at 130k, gonna try and push to 200k during the weekend I guess.

FYI, the first two stages in the last quest of Black Fortress give out 4 chests with a lot of points, it's a good idea to do those during fever time at least. The last two stages give out 3 and 2 chests, respectively.

Each stage has a chance for 4 chests. Bring a Nimpha if you can. I got a bundle of points on that last story quest during yesterday's fever.

desverger

Each stage has a chance for 4 chests. Bring a Nimpha if you can. I got a bundle of points on that last story quest during yesterday's fever.

Oh, I always thought story mode drops were fixed. Maybe it's just different for the war chronicle..

Anyways, I'm always using a Nimpha since she's my leader regardless :p

Gizuko

I still have SSF to use too. Maybe I'll just save them for the next event if it doesn't look like I'll need them.

Considering the next war chronicle is either Moanette or Tsuru, keeping them is definitely a good choice.

Well, if you don't feel like they'll do much for you this time around, at least.

[Edit] Let me rephrase that: People think it is either Moanette or Tsuru. Moanette uses fist weapons, so she is a V2 unit, if it is her, it is safe to assume it is not soon.

elty

I don't think 200K will be enough. Last mid night it is 85K, tonight (i.e. 3 fever time) should brought that up to 115K.

However, many people who can previously only get 1 fever time will be able to do 2 over the weekend. Instead of 30K we are probably looking at 50K per day. Add in panic among the rank 500-2000 and probably closer to 60K - don't forget many people haven't use prysma on fruit yet. So 235K should be the absolute minimum and 250K maybe a bit dangerous.

However, many people who can previously only get 1 fever time will be able to do 2 over the weekend. Instead of 30K we are probably looking at 50K per day. Add in panic among the rank 500-2000 and probably closer to 60K - don't forget many people haven't use prysma on fruit yet. So 235K should be the absolute minimum and 250K maybe a bit dangerous.

60K seems a bit too much, i think that everyone who is going for the top has already started using their fruits. People being able to play more in the weekend is an interesting idea though but i don't think it'll matter that much.

elty

Considering the next war chronicle is either Moanette or Tsuru, keeping them is definitely a good choice.

Well, if you don't feel like they'll do much for you this time around, at least.

[Edit] Let me rephrase that: People think it is either Moanette or Tsuru. Moanette uses fist weapons, so she is a V2 unit, if it is her, it is safe to assume it is not soon.

Tsuru doesn't look interesting at all, except she will be a good sub so a LB0 should be enough.

4800 max attack, by the time her attack is actually needed (i.e. 2 death) there will be no mana available to boost it.

elty

60K seems a bit too much, i think that everyone who is going for the top has already started using their fruits. People being able to play more in the weekend is an interesting idea though but i don't think it'll matter that much.

I am f2p and I still have 15 fruits, 8 SSF, 360+ rings, 600+ prysma to buy more fruit and bundle. I don't plan to stop until I get 300K point to be safe. I should be within rank 500 now after this morning.

Not to mention the 12 or so SSF people keep equate to another 2 hours of fever time. So we are looking at a potential of 8 fever time available over the weekend, 10 if you buy the bundle. I think 4 fever time over the weekend is a conservative guess.

garath

I don't think 200K will be enough. Last mid night it is 85K, tonight (i.e. 3 fever time) should brought that up to 115K.

Well up until now, it has been steady at 30-35k per day moving that bar up. Whereas I do believe some people will panic and start blowing prysma and fruits in the last couple days, I actually think MORE people have already used their fruits to get where they are currently and the top 1000 will probably slow down if anything.

I don't see a 60k climb per day. MAYBE the last day.

Right now 1500 is 95k. One more fever for today brings it to 115k like you said.

If we keep current pace, 185k is probable for the cut off. If it picks up by 10k per day, 205k. It would have to break 70k a day for the last two days to beat 250k. That's the pace that the 200-300 ranks have been moving at. I don't see the bottom of the 1500 ranks doing that. Not that many people at least.

I think 250k should be safe. Even JP only had the cutoff at 300k and they have a LOT more players. We only have ~6k total even participating.

Gizuko

Tsuru doesn't look interesting at all, except she will be a good sub so a LB0 should be enough.

4800 max attack, by the time her attack is actually needed (i.e. 2 death) there will be no mana available to boost it.

Actually, she is meant to be the first sub, since her active is better than her passive, except for the speed boost. Ideally, you'd wait for her to be out to spam abilities because of this, so she would actually benefit a bit.

I thought this way too, and nearly sold my extra copies of Aile (a ring gacha character that has a sub and active boost as well) instead of getting her to LB3. Her stats aren't as bad as Tsuru's, but she has definitely helped me a lot thanks to the extra stats - even if as a meat shield. Once things go south having whatever extra stats is a big help, in my experience.

ah_hia

Any of you guys know of a way to buy prysma from ccjp? Apparently they blocked outside jp from purchasing stuff today.

A lot of things just went from bad to worse on iOS. I used to wonder what people were talking about, but after playing with the new patch, gauntlet is pretty awful now. For example, you used to roll mana every 6 seconds, now it's every 10 seconds (after the first roll). And the opponent still spams skills like crazy, that was completely unchanged.

I honestly wouldn't bother with the gauntlet anymore with a Coro team, you'll basically have to force restart if you don't roll 2 red mana from the beginning.

I've also heard they made the reward worse, but I cannot confirm that myself. I'm gonna stop doing it myself, the force restarting was pretty bad already but it's even worse now.

Well that sucks. I was kinda getting bored with it anyway. I can reach the end but the restarts are tedious enough as it is on Android. Especially when they throw a Phoena, Aludra, Barienna bullshit team at you near the end.

Points wise I've fallen from 221 to like 700. I was exhausted from work yesterday and fell asleep through the one fever time I can do. I have been saving SSF's since the start so I might blow most of em later to catch up and save a few for the weekend.

Yaari

205k now. But I shouldn't have issues missing any Fever Time other than the one that I've never made, so I can probably maintain the points required to stay in the 500-700 range. I might throw some fruit in just to be sure.

Gizuko

Any of you guys know of a way to buy prysma from ccjp? Apparently they blocked outside jp from purchasing stuff today.

I used paypal a week ago, but I have only purchased stones once before. Tried to pull without stones/tickets and simply accepted to buy some but, as I said, it was a week ago.

Also, is anyone here using android lollipop with jpCC/gCC? Does it work properly? I have read it gave people some headaches a while ago, but I don't know if they fixed it.

ah_hia

I used paypal a week ago, but I have only purchased stones once before. Tried to pull without stones/tickets and simply accepted to buy some but, as I said, it was a week ago.

Also, is anyone here using android lollipop with jpCC/gCC? Does it work properly? I have read it gave people some headaches a while ago, but I don't know if they fixed it.

I can confirm the block as I was still able to buy prysma via PayPal yesterday but today all I'm getting is authentication required. Need to log in Google account. I tried to vpn bit it failed. Maybe someone can find a way eventually.

Gizuko

I can confirm the block as I was still able to buy prysma via PayPal yesterday but today all I'm getting is authentication required. Need to log in Google account. I tried to vpn bit it failed. Maybe someone can find a way eventually.

Damn, so they really did it? Well, I actually prefer to avoid IAP, so it's all good in my books. I find it strange nonetheless.

Thanks for confirming it!

Once I got Lollipop, gCC broke itself and that's when I switched over to jpCC.

Never had a problem with jpCC on lollipop at all since then, the only time that broke was the last update but that seemed to break for like a bunch of people.

Haven't tried buying stuff yet, so dunno. Been stockpiling like over 100 stones right now, so haven't had a reason yet even if I been wastefully pulling lol

Gizuko

Once I got Lollipop, gCC broke itself and that's when I switched over to jpCC.

Never had a problem with jpCC on lollipop at all since then, the only time that broke was the last update but that seemed to break for like a bunch of people.

Haven't tried buying stuff yet, so dunno. Been stockpiling like over 100 stones right now, so haven't had a reason yet even if I been wastefully pulling lol

Thank you for the input, I might wait a bit before updating then. It is nice knowing jpCC will still work, though, so I won't wait that much :p

Also, 100 stones? Damn, I should hoard some instead of wasting them, I don't think I have ever had more than 50 lol

Thank you for the input, I might wait a bit before updating then. It is nice knowing jpCC will still work, though, so I won't wait that much :p

Also, 100 stones? Damn, I should hoard some instead of wasting them, I don't think I have ever had more than 50 lol

Sega fixed it pretty quickly, made everyone aware of it and gave out stones as compensation as a result.

I only lost a day of not being able to play the last demon raid lol

Much better than Gumi pretending nothing's wrong for like a week.

I been hoarding them since I have like 5 and more units to actually raise still so kinda been telling myself to not wasting stones right now unless its an event, lol

Kreed

I'm using Lollipop for Global and it works fine/I haven't noticed any issues.

elty

3rd battlefield defend if you can't pay attention
4th battlefield defend if you want to be time efficient
black fortress defend if you can do it and want to be AP efficient

Top Bottom