• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

garath

One thing for sure, the GAF network will have this eventual spear demon raid covered in spades. Two LB3 or MLB Selenes will mow down anything.

My plan is try for Mei a couple days, farm for arcana a couple days, just do Warrior daily tomorrow for Selene leveling.

Arcana will be good.... eventually. It's hard to see that far out though. Version 2 HAS to be getting close now but still no idea when it'll hit.

I think the thing with V2 is if Gumi will want to get through all the demon raids that came out before V2 and the other events.

It looks like global is still 4 demons behind before V2 came out in Japan.

This also doesn't count other tower and random events inbetween then.

Teiran

Missed the final fever hour inadvertently; it turned out to be the best I'd slept in a week.

I'm certainly hoping to get Selene online post-haste. I can't wait to see those ridiculous stat gains post-60.

I haven't checked my rank yet but it looks like 500k was overkill. I'm afraid to update and check in case that's the update that messes with the gauntlet.

Also to beat a dead horse, that 4th chest is something alright. Anybody have a link as to what Mei's abilities are? I really prefer the burst heals as opposed to ticks but if she has extended range or something I may push harder to get at least one copy.

garath

I haven't checked my rank yet but it looks like 500k was overkill. I'm afraid to update and check in case that's the update that messes with the gauntlet.

Also to beat a dead horse, that 4th chest is something alright. Anybody have a link as to what Mei's abilities are? I really prefer the burst heals as opposed to ticks but if she has extended range or something I may push harder to get at least one copy.

First ability is extended range. And yes, that chest is a bitch. I've run it maybe 10 times so far. Nothing.

First ability is extended range. And yes, that chest is a bitch. I've run it maybe 10 times so far. Nothing.

Cool, I'll keep running it and hope for the best. I'm not unhappy with my LB2 Celeya so I wont be going crazy buying fruit packs or anything.

If I get her it's going to be yet another character with a looong grind to level up. I'm already going to be focusing on Selene, Phoena and Trystan in that order.

Miff

The door is unlocked and I'm still waiting for Selena to come home here.

Just seen the Rank 1458 score on another forum... damn, MidBoss. LB3 isn't too shabby and there WILL be other opportunities, I'm sure.

(If anyone wants to know the 1458 score, quote me... feels more respectful doing it that way).

BJK

0/6 on getting the Mei with the 4th chest; finally got the 3rd on attempt #5. This quest is just so within my capacity to run successfully...so long as I micromanage well enough to prevent characters from getting ganged up on & get enough healer mana to make the tri-color party {60 Deed, 50 Alvert, 50 Melvina, & 47 Coro} work.

Hate that I'm going to spend the 4* enhancers from War Chronicle on Coro instead of Selene (LB3), but I have to start focusing on the characters I need...and Selene is a luxury at this point.

Gizuko

Anyone having an empty gift box thing showing up?
Do you mean the icon (the gift box, without a number, I mean), or "inside"?
Yesterday my gift box icon was missing the number indicating how many things are currently stored, but showed up after entering the storage (damn, I really don't know how to put it u,u).

desverger

Was 325k. I'm hoping they get the chest points bug sorted out. Or maybe they catch someone cheating or... something. Selene would have been my first MLB, but I guess it just wasn't it in the cards. heh.

Damn, that's eerie. I was under 300k in the second to last fever. I decided to go crazy and popped myself over 370k in a 1,5 hour session.. Then I did the final 30k this morning in the commute.

Lets say I only did 30k like usual, and skipped playing on the bus as it's usually pretty crowded in there. I'd be in the same boat as you.

So it was pretty close actually..

Aki-at

Another SEGA doing well on mobile thread, another MOBILE IS KILLING GAMING D:

So far I think I've attempted the Mei event about 7 times and yet to get her dropping. It's a good event to get a 2* enhancer though, dropped for me about 4 times so far.

Rank 1517. Crap.

You have my condolences : <

Rank 1334 with about 344k points. Cutting it closer than I would like, dropped over 500 rank by missing the last fever time.

Damn I had more than enough points, I sacrificed my sleep for no reason!

I was watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure in between so it's all good.

For those that want a level 60 Aludra to their team for the AoE stuff for Mei, here's my friend code:

ID: 168,094,744

I have about 8 spots left. If you don't have a GAF tag to your name, please let me know here!

Avalt

Anyone else is checking their phone every 30 minutes just to see if the Selenes are there yet?
I already got her to lvl. 27 :p

garath

Anyone else is checking their phone every 30 minutes just to see if the Selenes are there yet?
I already got her to lvl. 27 :p

I want to use all 3 of my 4* enhancers on her but I really really want to make sure I get her MLB before doing so lol. Mine's only 13.

Quixzlizx

I want to use all 3 of my 4* enhancers on her but I really really want to make sure I get her MLB before doing so lol. Mine's only 13.

I have two 4* soldier enhancers, 1 4* archer enhancer, and 1 4* cleric enhancer, but it feels like kind of a waste to use off-class 4* enhancers.

garath

I have two 4* soldier enhancers, 1 4* archer enhancer, and 1 4* cleric enhancer, but it feels like kind of a waste to use off-class 4* enhancers.

I'd use them all. You get something like 80-90% of the full xp for the enhancer, which is still a ton compared to a 3*.

I used 2x 4* and 7x 3* and only managed to get her to like, level 35.

Going to be a slow SLOW burn to 80, I feel it.

It's even worse that my MLB Trystan is only level 41. I have TWO big soldiers to level. Sigh. I felt accomplished getting Coro to 70 ages ago, let alone two guys to 80.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Another SEGA doing well on mobile thread, another MOBILE IS KILLING GAMING D:

CHANGE IS HARD, SEGA IS DEAD

That is all I see over there, I have been a fan of Sega since the early 90's and frankly, if I see more quality stuff like Chain Chronicle, I am really happy. I just hope that next time they actually handle their property instead of farming it out to a third party

Just cleaned up my friendlist. I have 30 spare slots lol.

I don't think i've got any of you on my list so if you want to have a MLB selene (when she's released) you can go right ahead.

You don't even need to have GAF in your name, just invite me and i'll accept even if you just lurk this thread <3

garath

I don't think i've got any of you on my list so if you want to have a MLB selene (when she's released) you can go right ahead.

You don't even need to have GAF in your name, just invite me and i'll accept even if you just lurk this thread <3

Shot you an invite. We can share mlb Selenes. :)

Gizuko

gCC still hates me (no Mei), but I just got Lilith in jpCC!!

Also, shamelessly stolen from another forum, me a while back:

mLyMfnu1FCI.jpg

Bless those 5 stones hunt missions.

Yaari

Still waiting for her Global appearance. I remember the speculation about her showing for Easter, well that didn't happen.

Gizuko

Thank you! Arietta is good, but was starting to show why she is a 4* in some recent quests. I just hope I don't regret not getting trelancia :p

We are way past Lilith's release, according to the Japanese release schedule, which is ridiculous. Mei only makes this worse, though, she is an inferior Lilith and releasing two clerics in a row wouldn't make much sense - but we are talking about Gumi here, so who knows. I just hope this isn't some weird licensing issue or something and she is released soon.

garath

Thank you! Arietta is good, but was starting to show why she is a 4* in some recent quests. I just hope I don't regret not getting trelancia :p

We are way past Lilith's release, according to the Japanese release schedule, which is ridiculous. Mei only makes this worse, though, she is an inferior Lilith and releasing two clerics in a row wouldn't make much sense - but we are talking about Gumi here, so who knows. I just hope this isn't some weird licensing issue or something and she is released soon.

Most of us are still rocking Melvina or even (/shudder) Latty. I'd kill for a decent 4 or 5* healer at this point. Mei would be a nice upgrade if she ever dropped.

Merun

Still waiting for her Global appearance. I remember the speculation about her showing for Easter, well that didn't happen.

I totally failed that one :(. Just to put some perspective on the timeline:

After Selene was chapter 10 & Musika. Lilith was for 1.5m downloads of JPCC. We are at 1m, so perhaps at 1.5 we get Lilith xD.

Anyhow, I got one Mei. 4 left to go.

Gizuko

Most of us are still rocking Melvina or even (/shudder) Latty. I'd kill for a decent 4 or 5* healer at this point. Mei would be a nice upgrade if she ever dropped.

My thoughts exactly. Even if Melvina is a good cleric, Gumi keeps throwing lvl50 content at us. This is starting to turn into a problem.

Guess I'll have to farm Mei, I'm even considering spending some rings on SF.

I'm still rocking Roy here. :p

Don't even have a higher starred cleric yet expect for Licht who is better in fighting than healing.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.

I am using Vanessa, she is actually really nice. The problem is that the RNG drops hasn't been kind to me once I got her. I need more to max her out.

Gizuko

I'm still rocking Roy here. :p

Don't even have a higher starred cleric yet expect for Licht who is better in fighting than healing.

What about Marina v2? She is quite capable, apparently better than any other 4* cleric.

Licht rocks, I'm in no hurry to get him, but he seems so fun to use I'll eventually pull for him. He could be used together with per wave healers, maybe? He is a better Vanessa after all :p

Also, it's getting late here, so I'll excuse myself for today.

Aki-at

It's even worse that my MLB Trystan is only level 41. I have TWO big soldiers to level. Sigh. I felt accomplished getting Coro to 70 ages ago, let alone two guys to 80.

I completely forgot about Trystan, I've been waiting so long for him that Selene came and usurped him and Frau might do so in a few months too! I really do want him just because I can't hold onto Haruaki forever (And I'd like some guys in my team too!)

CHANGE IS HARD, SEGA IS DEAD

That is all I see over there, I have been a fan of Sega since the early 90's and frankly, if I see more quality stuff like Chain Chronicle, I am really happy. I just hope that next time they actually handle their property instead of farming it out to a third party

Yeah I'm actually excited for Hortensia Saga I just hope whoever brings it over at least does a better job than Gumi did with Chain Chronicle. A lot of Japanese publishers really are taking on board what was wrong with their first generation mobile titles and coming leaps and bounds with the improvements. Hope they keep it up.

Just added you, going to be swell when we have to face the spear demon together >: 3

Unless that just so happens to be next week!

Oreoleo

Anyone use Orianna as their healer? I have one ive been tossing enhancers into but not put into a party yet
She's my main healer. Her skill heals a ton but you have to play mana RNG a little since it costs 2. Works for me since my highest level characters are both knights and can tank a few rounds first. You could do way worse.

Edit- derp

What about Marina v2? She is quite capable, apparently better than any other 4* cleric.

Licht rocks, I'm in no hurry to get him, but he seems so fun to use I'll eventually pull for him. He could be used together with per wave healers, maybe? He is a better Vanessa after all :p

Also, it's getting late here, so I'll excuse myself for today.

Oh yeah, her. Haven't touched any of the V2 story mode yet. I'm still on spirts island story-wise. And I'll need to level her up too.

Yeah, I was thinking of per wave healers or maybe I could do a 2 knight, 2 healer party.

Yeah I'm actually excited for Hortensia Saga I just hope whoever brings it over at least does a better job than Gumi did with Chain Chronicle. A lot of Japanese publishers really are taking on board what was wrong with their first generation mobile titles and coming leaps and bounds with the improvements. Hope they keep it up.

I want to play Hortensia Saga but it doesn't like my phone.

Quixzlizx

I sent an invite as Quix.

Yaari

Did you ever get your loading crap fixed?

If I close the game often enough it works, but there's a very significant decrease in performance after the last patch. It gets stuck on loading most of the time.

Oh well as long as I can go through my AP once a day I'm good. It is a nuisance during raids though.

elty

If I am lucky enough to get a Mei, I think I will only get one - she seems transitional.

edit: from cc forum

Just FYI, I've used over 30 stamina fruit with 82AP and only managed to pull one Mei.

Stider

Who's the best healer out of Arietta, Orianna and Vanessa? First two are LB0 while I can make Vanessa LB1. Also, IF I can get Mei, would it be worth upgrading to her or should I turn her into rings?

Top Bottom