• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Quixzlizx

You guys are making me not want to grind this quest anymore. I got super lucky and got a copy of Mei the first time I ran the quest, but I don't really want to grind someone up to level 60 if she's barely going to be better than my Arietta.

Who's the best healer out of Arietta, Orianna and Vanessa? First two are LB0 while I can make Vanessa LB1. Also, IF I can get Mei, would it be worth upgrading to her or should I turn her into rings?

Probably Arietta since she's a 1 mana healer. I have Orianna and she's really good cause she cures poison and the moderate heal will pretty much restore everyone to full health no matter how hurt they are. Only downside is that it costs 2 mana.

Personally, if I get Mei, I'm probably gonna ring her. I don't really like heal over time.

Teddified

I've been using Adelle since I got her during the Demon event. Before that I either had no healer or just used Roy which was basically my only healer.

Kettch

Anyone here have a Parchelle leader? I have one on my friend list and it makes the Mei boss so easy. Could use a second to farm a bit easier though. Also I'll be getting five new friend slots soon, so if anyone else needs Nimpha feel free to send one over and I should be able to add you soon.

ID: 108472385

Hope we get our war chronicle rewards soon. Really want to replace one of my soldiers with a decent level Selene for this too.

Anyone here have a Parchelle leader? I have one on my friend list and it makes the Mei boss so easy. Could use a second to farm a bit easier though. Also I'll be getting five new friend slots soon, so if anyone else needs Nimpha feel free to send one over and I should be able to add you soon.

ID: 108472385

Hope we get our war chronicle rewards soon. Really want to replace one of my soldiers with a decent level Selene for this too.

I actually do myself, check the post I made back one page for the friend code, and I can switch it if you still need one.

Rarutos

I just got my missing Conquest rewards. Hopefully the ranking rewards come soon. Love Live is so prompt with those after events that it feels like it's taking a long time for these lol

ah_hia

I just got my missing Conquest rewards. Hopefully the ranking rewards come soon. Love Live is so prompt with those after events that it feels like it's taking a long time for these lol
For a moment there I thought gumi screwed me over with my ranking rewards. =)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Most of us are still rocking Melvina or even (/shudder) Latty. I'd kill for a decent 4 or 5* healer at this point. Mei would be a nice upgrade if she ever dropped.

I have both melvina and a LB2 Latty, plus phoena and Elemia. Currently I'm using Elemia as my healer so I have extra attack power plus her healing is quite strong. But I do miss the regular HP restore of Latty. Should I consider switching to a different healer? I'm rank 56 but can't quite scrape through Mei's quest for example

Rixa

I started to do dailies again. If I have excess AP I run Mei quest, if not then I wont.
Todays 20 AP daily took 5 tries to get 4th chest.

Merun

I have both melvina and a LB2 Latty, plus phoena and Elemia. Currently I'm using Elemia as my healer so I have extra attack power plus her healing is quite strong. But I do miss the regular HP restore of Latty. Should I consider switching to a different healer? I'm rank 56 but can't quite scrape through Mei's quest for example

Elemia is better used in a mage team as mage don't go melee, so there is less need for the regular healing. Melvina is a good healer if you don't have alternative and can be MLB thanks to raid demon gatcha. Latty is more of a started and Titan cave healer. At your rank you should move to something else than Latty.

Somehow it sounds like I'm the only one who like heal over time and Noel lol.

Rixa

My alt account (device went broke so havent been able to play for few weeks, I should get new device in 1 month time :D) has Melvina, Orianna, Noel. Noel is 50/50 and I like her healing and she is my main healer there. My main account uses Orianna.

NightDX

Neo Member
Personally I prefer heal over time if the it can sustain the damage my soldiers take from melee and because usually it heals for more but I understand why people prefer burst heal for clutch saves and I am actually using a Popra lv55 and its only because of her freze heal that I can clear the Mei quest.

But still I fill kinda bad that Popra is the MVP of my team in a quest to get a healer to retire her...

Then the abysmally low drop rates that chest take me back to reality.

Used ally AP yesterday and still don't have a single copy...

WzdHS6uh.jpg

We did it boys.
Save your Furnace Blade for after the Spear demon raid guys.

Can't log in too

edit1: Ok I just managed to!

Welcome! Don't forget to share your friend code <3

Miff

Just had a mare trying to get in too. Kept retrying and it let me in eventually.

My final ranking dropped from 192 to 193 too. I'm assuming they've added missed chest drops to yesterdays totals. If you were very close to border line there's an very small chance you might have some good / bad news waiting. (MidBoss!!)

Rank up during the Selene hunt gave me plenty of friend slots, welcome to add me. 115,994,211 MLB Selene as leader soon.

damn I finished with rank 2091, but got 2 selene, 2 premium ticket, 2 4* star enhancer, 2 spear forger 3*, and 1 furnace blade.
Not bad!

Gizuko

MrKlaw, you set Melvina as lead! Just letting you know in case it was by mistake :p

Also, yes, Elemia is awesome in mono-mage, but she tends to over-heal, and Cure blind is a waste on soldiers, so lvling melvina is the way to go. Do give Yona a try otherwise, if you want to run mage-soldier.

MidBoss

Just had a mare trying to get in too. Kept retrying and it let me in eventually.

My final ranking dropped from 192 to 193 too. I'm assuming they've added missed chest drops to yesterdays totals. If you were very close to border line there's an very small chance you might have some good / bad news waiting. (MidBoss!!)

Rank up during the Selene hunt gave me plenty of friend slots, welcome to add me. 115,994,211 MLB Selene as leader soon.

Didn't change for me :(. I need Mei to be happy again..

Aki-at

Final ranking was 792.

I could have definitely slept in!

Also I too keep getting no connection errors. Seems to have calmed down now.

garath

Yay for MLB Selene. So much leveling to do :(

My poor level 60 Lindsey. She used to be the star of my team, now she's completely outmatched by the 70 coro, 80 Trystan and 80 Selene.

I hope they bring her back so I can MLB her. She was my first UR and I still love her mana ability.

Just grinding the Warrior daily today. Tried for Mei all day yesterday to no avail.

desverger

Yay for MLB Selene. So much leveling to do :(

My poor level 60 Lindsey. She used to be the star of my team, now she's completely outmatched by the 70 coro, 80 Trystan and 80 Selene.

I hope they bring her back so I can MLB her. She was my first UR and I still love her mana ability.

Just grinding the Warrior daily today. Tried for Mei all day yesterday to no avail.

It's crazy to think this month gave me two MLB 5* units. I don't even know what my current best lineup would be. I guess Coro, Trystan and Selene first and foremost.

Trystan is still very useful due to his speed, lifesteal and great active skill. Selene is just a stat stick, but a very good one at that.

garath

It's crazy to think this month gave me two MLB 5* units. I don't even know what my current best lineup would be. I guess Coro, Trystan and Selene first and foremost.

Trystan is still very useful due to his speed, lifesteal and great active skill. Selene is just a stat stick, but a very good one at that.

Don't forget Selene's wave heal. That'll come to light more in the next demon raid where soldier parties are best without a healer.

Just going on levels, I'm the same - Coro, Trystan and Selene will be my core. But I really want to keep Lindsey in there somehow. That 1 mana ability with massive invulnerability frames has always been great.

Don't forget Selene's wave heal. That'll come to light more in the next demon raid where soldier parties are best without a healer.

Just going on levels, I'm the same - Coro, Trystan and Selene will be my core. But I really want to keep Lindsey in there somehow. That 1 mana ability with massive invulnerability frames has always been great.

Hell I'd keep her in subs just in case.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Elemia is better used in a mage team as mage don't go melee, so there is less need for the regular healing. Melvina is a good healer if you don't have alternative and can be MLB thanks to raid demon gatcha. Latty is more of a started and Titan cave healer. At your rank you should move to something else than Latty.

thanks. I like heal over time too - but Melvina seems to have less range than Latty.

Where can I get more Melvinas for limit breaking, or has that opportunity passed?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
MrKlaw, you set Melvina as lead! Just letting you know in case it was by mistake :p

Also, yes, Elemia is awesome in mono-mage, but she tends to over-heal, and Cure blind is a waste on soldiers, so lvling melvina is the way to go. Do give Yona a try otherwise, if you want to run mage-soldier.

yeah was trying her out so swapped with melvina. Will jiggle around a bit and probably just put coro there if I'm not using Elemia :)

lankelink

Neo Member
I need some advice for my party. My healer is LB3 Arietta (who si awesome!). But then I'm undecided about which soldiers to use.

My actual party is:

- LB4 Ibuki (lvl 61/70): 10%exp + 5% from volunteer sword, she is my leader. I really like her AoE special
- LB4 Toka (lvl 67/70): 50% more damage to ogres, 50% more damage to golems (weapon ability) and wave heal to all party
- LB3 Vorg (lvl 62/65): 50% more damage to dragons helped me in some story quests, otherwise not so useful. 5% attack up each wave is nice though
- LB3 Arietta (lvl 63/65): I have 2 copies of Mei, but I'm not grinding her anymore

But I have some new units now:

- LB4 Trystan
- LB3 Selene
- LB4 Yoshikage
- LB2 Coropatillon
- LB0 Yoshitsugu
- Enough rings to LB4 Lindsey

I was really lucky with Yoshikage and I think the buff will be useful. But then Coro, Trystan/Sulstan, Selene and maybe Lindsey appeared. I'm not sure if I should replace someone in my party, any advices?

For subs I have Phoena with her lvl 60 quest and volunteer staff, and Nicky/Phillip/Roxanna for exp/attack/ defense, speed and AP recovery

Regarding the Mei quest... Isn't there something said about the definition of madness is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

You're all photoshopping, there is no 4th chest, tell it to me straight.

You're all photoshopping, there is no 4th chest, tell it to me straight.

It only drops if you completely believe in it's existence.

I need some advice for my party. My healer is LB3 Arietta (who si awesome!). But then I'm undecided about which soldiers to use.

Building a soldier team isn't that hard really. Most of the time you only use one character's skill (Coro for me) so try to pick a character with a nice and heavy hitting skill and fill the rest of you slots with your highest stats units (your 5* arcana). Keep Toka around for demon raids, replacing Arietta with her increases your damage while still keeping your team alive.

With the amount of good units you have it doesn't really matter though. You'll easily plow through all the upcoming content. May I ask how much you spend on prysma?

Kettch

Yay, picked up my first Mei. Think I'm gonna burn prysma on this and try to MLB. I have 540 still stocked up and it seems like a good investment here.

I'm gonna throw out a total guess and say the drop rate is 2%. My reasoning is that 1% seems too low given the numbers people are throwing around. 3% on the other hand is dangerously close to letting people infinitely loop by selling Mei for rings and selling those rings for stamina fruits. I think you would only need Nimpha and about 77 max ap to do it if my math is right.

Also, assuming a 2% rate, then running Mei would be better than the dailies purely for rings. 1 ring per 24 ap compared to 1 per 40.

desverger

Yay, picked up my first Mei. Think I'm gonna burn prysma on this and try to MLB. I have 540 still stocked up and it seems like a good investment here.

I'm gonna throw out a total guess and say the drop rate is 2%. My reasoning is that 1% seems too low given the numbers people are throwing around. 3% on the other hand is dangerously close to letting people infinitely loop by selling Mei for rings and selling those rings for stamina fruits. I think you would only need Nimpha and about 77 max ap to do it if my math is right.

Also, assuming a 2% rate, then running Mei would be better than the dailies purely for rings. 1 ring per 24 ap compared to 1 per 40.

Horray, probability math incoming!

If we assume the 2% rate is correct, then on average, you would need to run this event 50 times to get a single copy. 50 times is 600 stamina. You regen 1 stamina every 8 minutes, so 600 stamina is actually 4800 minutes, or 80 hours, or around 3,3 days of natural stamina regen.

However, there is a 13% chance that this does NOT happen in 50 tries. 13% is still very real.

If we double the amount of tries and bring the time required up to 6,6 days - almost a week, we drop down to 1,7% chance of not getting a copy. That's low enough for me to believe the 2% rate is correct, and GUMI has calculated that everyone gets a copy, if they grind this event a whole week. On average.

Yaari

I also think I'll drop rings and prysma into it. Even if I pull a 5* healer. she won't be LB'd. So this is a nice opportunity.

garath

Should I use my 3* enhancers on Selene? I ALWAYS sell the 3* enhancers but given how much leveling I have to do between Selene, Trystan and possibly Mei (lol) I'm not sure if the handful of rings is worth the time lost.

Quixzlizx

I also think I'll drop rings and prysma into it. Even if I pull a 5* healer. she won't be LB'd. So this is a nice opportunity.

How are you dropping prysma? Just spending 10 prysma to refill your AP bar, or is there a more efficient way of doing that?

Yaari

How are you dropping prysma? Just spending 10 prysma to refill your AP bar, or is there a more efficient way of doing that?

Better would be buying fruit but they took the bundles down. Sigh. If I do do that, it's the only way.

@garath, I feel that getting Selene up has bigger priority than the rings so I usually use the enhancers when I need to level something up. Trystan would have lower priority for me, and I'd level him with 2* and 4*'s

Merun

It only drops if you completely believe in it's existence.

Building a soldier team isn't that hard really. Most of the time you only use one character's skill (Coro for me) so try to pick a character with a nice and heavy hitting skill and fill the rest of you slots with your highest stats units (your 5* arcana). Keep Toka around for demon raids, replacing Arietta with her increases your damage while still keeping your team alive.

With the amount of good units you have it doesn't really matter though. You'll easily plow through all the upcoming content. May I ask how much you spend on prysma?

Ideally you want to use everyone skill in chain to get higher multiplier.

It's better to use prysma to buy stamina fruits in bundles. Never use raw prysma for stamina or revive. It's not worth it.

Quixzlizx

Ideally you want to use everyone skill in chain to get higher multiplier.

It's better to use prysma to buy stamina fruits in bundles. Never use raw prysma for stamina or revive. It's not worth it.

The stamina fruit bundle during the War Chronicle wasn't really much more efficient than just spending prysma alone.

War Chronicle Special: 60p for 4 SSF (40p) + 2 revival fruit (20p)
Stamina Fruit Bundle: 80p for 10 SF (100p)
Super Stamina Fruit Bundle: 140p for 15 SSF (150p)

I bought the stamina fruit bundle because that had the best value, but it wasn't like I would've been totally ripped off in comparison if I had just used prysma to refill my AP each time.

Maybe there are occasional stamina fruit bundles that have an even better value?

Top Bottom