• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

I swear whoever came up with this 2-arcana-no-revives lvl45 quest full of mimics in jpCC is made of pure evil.

lol, I only tried that once with a full party and it was still too stressful for me

decided to just go back to completing the main story

----------------------------------------

CFyDBnBUkAEc0j3.jpg:large

At least I cleared the 4th Healer mission and got my free 4 star. So making slow progress on these, hopefully I'll clear the knights one soon lol

Kettch

Not really, it's more of a referral system.

1) Join a dummy account facebook group and/or spam random people with facebook friend invites.
2) Get 50+ friends
3) Start op CC and press friends while on the world map
4) Press "invite friends"
5) Log in with your Facebook account
6) Invite 50+ people. Some people have said that you need to do it in one go so try to do that.
7) When you send them the rewards in the friends menu should be crossed out and you'll recieve your prysma in the gift box

It's kinda buggy though since it rewards certain "friend invite milestones" twice for some reason (probably because you invite them all in one go) so you'll get more prysma than you should be getting.

I got 360 Prysma 7 copies of Maurice.

Edit: While i'm still salty about my rolls the past week I have one weird request for you CC.GAF.

Is there someone here with good gif editing skills that can edit this gif:

By changing one of the cards with Faceless/Maurice and changing the other with Lilith.

It's pretty stupid but it will make my day if someone does it lol.

Thanks for the step by step. It gave me 320 prysma, but I'm happy with that.

Gizuko

lol, I only tried that once with a full party and it was still too stressful for me

----------------------------------------

At least I cleared the 4th Healer mission and got my free 4 star. So making slow progress on these, hopefully I'll clear the knights one soon lol

Oh, congrats on that! A chain story and 4* cleric are always welcome lol

I think I haven't completed the knight's one yet, even though I run 3 knights most of the time. The alliance ones are the best though, tickets aplenty!

How hard is JpCC actually? Will we be able to complete all the content with our Coro/Sulstan/Selene parties?

So what's a good FB group to invite people from? I don't really use FB, so I don't know any of the tricks.

This is the group I used.
Just request to join the group and invite all the members while you're waiting to be accepted. Might be smart to change your profile picture to something CC related.

Kettch

I used that group as well. Up to 59 friends after 2 days, so people are pretty good about accepting.

Just a note, that facebook started giving me a warning about friend requesting too many people after I invited the first 175 in the group (waited a day before doing more and it went away), so you might wanna space them out a bit more.

Quixzlizx

How hard is JpCC actually? Will we be able to complete all the content with our Coro/Sulstan/Selene parties?

This is the group I used.
Just request to join the group and invite all the members while you're waiting to be accepted. Might be smart to change your profile picture to something CC related.

I used that group as well. Up to 59 friends after 2 days, so people are pretty good about accepting.

Just a note, that facebook started giving me a warning about friend requesting too many people after I invited the first 175 in the group (waited a day before doing more and it went away), so you might wanna space them out a bit more.

Thanks for the info. And yep, I just hit the captcha warning for friend invites.

Gizuko

No.

I gues some people will disagree with me, but after finishing the story so far I don't think the Continent of Sins is doable with a warrior team. You needen't worry about that, though, as it is the latest content.

As for events, the answer is still no, for some of them. Having different teams composed of different arcana (different classes) is actually needed in some, but is not the norm.

The mission system introduces some nasty spins, for example, the mission we were comenting on is a hard lvl 45 free quest, but their spin is to ask you to take it on with a single arcana (+ a friend's) in order to get 2 tickets upon completion. It can be tackled as a run of the mill free quest, but you won't get the tickets that way.

There is also a special ruleset for some quests (only archers, only mages, max 40 cost, etc) that can be mandatory - this is more common.

No.
I gues some people will disagree with me, but after finishing the story so far I don't think the Continent of Sins is doable with a warrior team. You needen't worry about that, though, as it is the latest content.

Why? would a knight team work or are mages the way to go?

Gizuko

Why? would a knight team work or are mages the way to go?

Knights work, most of the time (continent of beasts is a headache for knights, as they are mostly warriors). I run mostly knights, and the damage the CoS gunners can output is no joke, even knights. I needed to redo a couple of stages, but that had more to do with me messing something up while buffing my main DPS.

V2 brings a lot of buffs to mages, archers and knights, and enemy gunners fire a lot faster than yours, so warriors are generally a bad idea (in the continent of sins or gunner-heavy events).

Holy Knight's Special Training - Wave 2- Top Row - Game Over
I will always forget to turn off auto-battle and he will slip through unnoticed. The thing is, it's not like he spawns later than everyone else. All 3 soldiers spawn at once and auto-battle will tell my units to all beeline for the bottom and middle enemies.

Merun

Holy Knight's Special Training - Wave 2- Top Row - Game Over
I will always forget to turn off auto-battle and he will slip through unnoticed. The thing is, it's not like he spawns later than everyone else. All 3 soldiers spawn at once and auto-battle will tell my units to all beeline for the bottom and middle enemies.

I just put my healer in the top row right from the start so that the enemy is blocked and I can order someone to attack him.

BJK

I just put my healer in the top row right from the start so that the enemy is blocked and I can order someone to attack him.

I just manually move one of my attacking soldiers wide to intercept the runaway knights on waves 3 & 5.

Knights work, most of the time (continent of beasts is a headache for knights, as they are mostly warriors). I run mostly knights, and the damage the CoS gunners can output is no joke, even knights. I needed to redo a couple of stages, but that had more to do with me messing something up while buffing my main DPS.

V2 brings a lot of buffs to mages, archers and knights, and enemy gunners fire a lot faster than yours, so warriors are generally a bad idea (in the continent of sins or gunner-heavy events).

Huh interesting, sounds like I need to diversify my team once I get to V2 stuff lol

desverger

Huh interesting, sounds like I need to diversify my team once I get to V2 stuff lol

A huge part of v1 is just stomping everything with a soldier team. As a global player, I'd say it's a problem for Gumi, since there is really no need to have a deep roster in v1. Also, if you started pre-coro, you should pretty much now be done with your basic soldier team. Coro, Selene and Trystan are the best units that you don't have to spend a dime for.

Gizuko

I learnt it the hard way. That Rafalgar event scarred me, not being able to use a character in more than one team was madness lol

That bunny in book 2 chapter 3 as well :<

Gizuko

I won that easily just using a full soldier team + michidia. Used michidia to snipe all the copycats.

Yeah, I can deal with the normal quest, but the special mission requires you to go in with only 2 characters. I'm getting trashed so hard I'm about to give up. I have seen people complete it with Ruuno + sensei, so theresstillachance.gif

i learned that the hard way during the deed event, ugh

That event was harsh as well, I remember this mission asking you to deliver the final blow with a cleric, in a stage full of giants. The nerve.

ah_hia

Ahh so the "Suggested friend" section for some reason only show a few people.... how do I make it to show everyone?
Go to search friend bar. Type a, add all the people that show up. Erase a then put b, add again until you reach 50.very important you reach 50 as the difference on doing it properly 360 prysma versus 140 prysma received.

I just manually move one of my attacking soldiers wide to intercept the runaway knights on waves 3 & 5.

I just turn off autobattle and let the enemy meet my units, then turn it back on after that. But when I'm at full AP and just want to blaze through the quest 7 times, it's easy to forget every once in a while.

garath

I just turn off autobattle and let the enemy meet my units, then turn it back on after that. But when I'm at full AP and just want to blaze through the quest 7 times, it's easy to forget every once in a while.

Yep. I've forgotten a few times. I've let it slip 3x today lol.

Quixzlizx

I was wondering if anyone who has a junk/dummy Facebook account could help me out. I'm at 48/50 friends, and I kind of want to use the bonus prysma before the week resets, since I'd rather pull from this event gacha than the Juliana one. The name for the account can be seen when the post is quoted, and it's the one with a CC profile pic.

Edit: OK, I made it. I got 3 4*, but nobody useful. More rings for the ring god.

Stider

Just did 21 draws:
1st good card was Mustapha
Then I got Rebecca
Draw 17 got Fee Gleah!
Draw 21...Juliana!!

So, a party of Selena, Juliana and Fee Gleah So do me good for the upcoming raid :)

Rixa

I got good row of Great Success in enhancing.
I used 40 enhancers
10x1* GS
10x1* Normal
10x1* Normal
8x2* 1x3* 1x4* GS.
That helped to raise my Barienna from 30 to 46

At level 46 Barienna has almost same stats than Coro lb2 at 60 level and better stats than MLB Trystan at 59 lvl:

B: HP 6303 ATK 5609
C: HP 6040 ATK 5740
T: HP 5463 ATK 5963

desverger

Shouldn't we have some knight training quest?

Too generous by gumi standards, I guess.

Yes, the jp version had a repeatable knight "daily" for a week before the raid - a good place to get some enhancers and spear forgers before the raid, a bit cheaper than your regular daily. Apparently, we don't get those. Or they aren't up yet.

Avalt

It appears that Lilith is not available from the Holy Capital Tavern recruit. No further chance of getting her for those that were unlucky (like me) :(

garath

MLb Selene + maxxed out leadran pike get! Hopefully a few more spears will drop during the raid

Nice!! We're friends right? ;)

My Selene is getting there. Level 63. Pike isn't close to maxed though. Lost some stats from my other B spear.

It appears that Lilith is not available from the Holy Capital Tavern recruit. No further chance of getting her for those that were unlucky (like me) :(

Wow. That sucks :( can't say I'm surprised though. Will make people pay even more when she comes around again.

So no additional knight quests today? Boo. I did a lot of ranking and leveling last week. This week back to the dailies I guess.

garath

Pulled once with a ticket. Got a 4* thelmina. Ok. I can deal with that. Given knight prowess in v2, I have a start of a decent knight team with thelmina and 2 copies of Alvert.

Quixzlizx

So am I just supposed to be running Spark of Battle all week to level up Selene? I should've used some stamina fruit over the weekend while I had the chance.

Azusa

So am I just supposed to be running Spark of Battle all week to level up Selene? I should've used some stamina fruit over the weekend while I had the chance.

You had a whole week to run knight quests to farm exp and enchanters. I've managed to level up my Trystan from 1 to 80.

Quixzlizx

You had a whole week to run knight quests to farm exp and enchanters. I've managed to level up my Trystan from 1 to 80.

I don't know how you managed to do that without blowing a massive amount of stamina fruit on it.

I even said "I wish I had used stamina fruit" in my post, if I had known that this week would be useless.

Too generous by gumi standards, I guess.

Yes, the jp version had a repeatable knight "daily" for a week before the raid - a good place to get some enhancers and spear forgers before the raid, a bit cheaper than your regular daily. Apparently, we don't get those. Or they aren't up yet.

Was the event this past week separate from the one we're supposed to get this week?

garath

I don't know how you managed to do that without blowing a massive amount of stamina fruit on it.

I even said "I wish I had used stamina fruit" in my post, if I had known that this week would be useless.

Yeah. I dunno either. I pretty much burned every available stamina through the week and only got my Selene to 62 or so. I might have lost a little AP overnight but not much. I only get about 6 hours of sleep per night and my stamina doesn't come back fully in that time lol

Gizuko

Would any of you at jpCC happen to have a buffer like tablubik? Or Roxanna, or a heavy hittier with a ridiculous skill multiplier like Marena? I don't think I'll be able to do the 100k damage missions, but it's worth a shot.

garath

Yeah. I shouldn't have pulled more lol. Two camiles 3*, one minimo and one Johan 3*. I limit broke minimo just to have a decent mage. Rest are rings I think.

Mine should be on top of that list. :(

I don't think I have you as my friend though.

We should make a list with everyone that's going to run a Selene in the event so we can add each other. I still have some slots free.

178,373,984 <-- My code for those who don't have KenGAF on their friendlist and want a weak Selene
I'll level her up, I promise ;)

Avalt

Just did the facebook friends invite thing. Got 320 prysma for inviting 50 at once.

So I did 6 pulls.... and got 6x 3* crap, as always.

Either way, I'm AvaGAF --> 186,387,940, feel free to add. If your name doesn't have GAF in it then please post your name here :p

Absol

141,681,618 for me. TirGAF is the name.

My Selene's only at 71 but should be able to max her or at least near 80 before the raid.

Top Bottom