• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

garath

Gone from 6.5 million to 5.5 million.

Never thought I'd start to worry about how much gold I have in this game... max limit break is a real killer because after her it's Trystan's turn *gulp*

My only comfort is it's pretty easy to grind out some gold over the weekend. I have 2 or 3 units with increased gold abilities and just finishing the 20ap one with a special gets you quite a bit. I'm sure I can bring in at least 500k over the weekend.

Kettch

Finally picked up Juliana on my 69th pull. Glad I got her first rather than Fee Gleah. O_O Definitely not doing this again until V2. I did get 14 4*s though at least, so I suppose that part was slightly lucky.

Avalt

Finally picked up Juliana on my 69th pull. Glad I got her first rather than Fee Gleah. O_O Definitely not doing this again until V2. I did get 14 4*s though at least, so I suppose that part was slightly lucky.

You were at about 20% chance to get a 4* and at 1.45% chance at getting a 5*.
Seems about right for 4* arcana. You were unlucky with drawing 5* arcana however, unless you recently pulled a 5* from somewhere else.

I won't do the calculation to see how much prysma that cost you thou :p

Kettch

You were at about 20% chance to get a 4* and at 1.45% chance at getting a 5*.
Seems about right for 4* arcana. You were unlucky with drawing 5* arcana however, unless you recently pulled a 5* from somewhere else.

I won't do the calculation to see how much prysma that cost you thou :p

A lot. Gumi got a bit of money, but I don't mind much since I'm enjoying the game. Thankfully I still had a lot of tickets/free prysma to use at the start, so I only had to pay for about half of it.

And oh yeah, the 4*s were actually a bit on the unlucky side as well. I think the rate was supposed to be 22% or something.

BJK

It's worthwhile to remember, and I presume it'd be the case this demon raid, but one of the rewards is the weapon that does massive damage to the demon.

So you can equip one on your Deed now and then later on give the other one to Selene. I'd imagine a Deed equipped with the spear is enough to drag you into the 70s of this demon raid and it helps if you have other spear users ready to help out.

My hesitancy to commit to Deed or Selene the pike is that we haven't seen a drop table for the new raid yet. I'm afraid the quest pike is meant as the replacement for the copy of Liberation we got after 10 Coros, or the Temperance wand after 30(?) Armilus. (I vaguely recall seeing a drop chart posted on another forum - allegedly for CC TW - which did not show the pike dropping.)

If I thought we were getting a 2nd pike, it wouldn't be a concern (so I'd be debating whether to put Spear #3 on Kai - limiting mana types + higher HP - or Febrya for slightly higher damage + greater ability to dodge special attacks). Since I've never been lucky enough to pull a spare raid weapon (without it being attached to Filiana or Juliana...which I'm not attempting this time around), I hate the idea of squandering the resource I know we'll have.

EDIT: Gumi released the initial drop table for AG, and there's a spear at 10...just like Aki-at thought there would be. Free Spears for everyone! YAY!

Oreoleo

On the character bio screens (where it shows abilities and equipped weapon and all that good stuff) it shows the character's "Type" which seems to either be Early, Normal, or Late.

What's that all about, exactly?

On the character bio screens (where it shows abilities and equipped weapon and all that good stuff) it shows the character's "Type" which seems to either be Early, Normal, or Late.

What's that all about, exactly?

I think how their stats grow.

so if they are an early bloomer, average stat growth or a late bloomer

I think how their stats grow.

so if they are an early bloomer, average stat growth or a late bloomer

My Selene is "normal" so I'm not sure if that's it as shes the very definition of a late bloomer.

Edit: Seems that you're actually right though.
Did some quick googling and found this.

There are three growth types (成長タイプ): early (早熟), normal (普通) and late (晚成). Early growth gives the character great stats growth in the early levels, but it gets lesser as the character levels up. For late, the character has shit stats growth in the early levels, but the stats increase accelerates as their level increases. Moreover, late growth character needs lesser total exp than early and normal to hit the max level. It's worth noting that the growth type will only determine the exp required and the graph of the stats growth. It has no impact over the final stats at maxed level.

I'm still not 100% convinced, it's pretty inconsistent to say the least as Selene is catagorized as normal.

Teiran

It's pretty much accurate. Early, normal, and late designations only apply until an arcana's original (LB0) level cap, but the thing is that even "normal" units gain relatively fewer stats as they approach that cap. Once a character levels past that, his/her stat growth will be constant for all the remaining levels.

To use Selene as an example: she starts out gaining 90ish attack per level, decreasing steadily as she levels up so that leveling from 59 to 60 only gives her something like 30 attack... but every level she gains thereafter, from 61 all the way to 80, is worth 260 attack.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My Selene has the rapier at 8/8/8. I have the furnace blade unused still. Should I give her the leadran pike even though it has lower defense and critical, purely for the event? I have an ok warrior team but not that high level yet (Trystan and Selene are both around level 40). And I have a dannady and Audette that I have barely levelled up.

Should I stick with my stronger all warrior team, or go for as many spear users as I can?

garath

My Selene has the rapier at 8/8/8. I have the furnace blade unused still. Should I give her the leadran pike even though it has lower defense and critical, purely for the event? I have an ok warrior team but not that high level yet (Trystan and Selene are both around level 40). And I have a dannady and Audette that I have barely levelled up.

Should I stick with my stronger all warrior team, or go for as many spear users as I can?

The raid weapon makes a huge difference. I would give it to Selene and put her in your main party. Spend the rest of the week working on leveling her. Then after the event you can give her a nice A weapon.

Well, I switched phones and during the transfer process I ended up with a brand new account on both devices. Hopefully Gumi support can figure something out for me otherwise I'm done.

Quixzlizx

Well, I switched phones and during the transfer process I ended up with a brand new account on both devices. Hopefully Gumi support can figure something out for me otherwise I'm done.

That sucks, man. I had the 5.1 update sitting on my phone for weeks until I stopped being lazy and created a Facebook account to link my CC account to. I was paranoid about the update screwing up and losing everything.

Enron

Banned

I nearly fucked my shit up. I just switched phones this weekend and i did the transfer process right, but somehow it makes 2 accounts - im guessing when you download the game you get a "guest" account until you give it a name after starting - but if you use the transfer code, it creates 'your' account on the device in addition to the guest account.

When i linked my facebook, i was logged in to my primary account but somehow it got associated with the guest account. So when i try to login with facebook to the app, i get the Guest account instead of my main. But, i can see all the facebook folks' friend requests in my main account.

nice going, Gumi.

Stider

Is Aelle Gloon going to be worth keeping? Her 2nd ability which gives her a 20% attack boost at full hp is a big boost, especially if you can MLB her. Max atk of 8500 at level 80, so +20% puts her at 10200 atk, not including weapon stats. Combined with her special(15 x atk), could be very useful for nuking bosses/a mage staff raid.

Is Aelle Gloon going to be worth keeping? Her 2nd ability which gives her a 20% attack boost at full hp is a big boost, especially if you can MLB her. Max atk of 8500 at level 80, so +20% puts her at 10200 atk, not including weapon stats. Combined with her special(15 x atk), could be very useful for nuking bosses/a mage staff raid.

I'd keep one copy like usual. Limit breaking a unit that I'll only use one or two times seems like a waste of rings.

desverger

I'd say this is a similar case to any demon raid - any MLB unit is valuable in your roster, regardless of the type. Maybe not as much in v1, but in v2 you'll need a way deeper roster than a stomp soldier team.

There's also raids to consider. I think Gizuko said that Hatiphas raid uses a wand also. AG would have been awesome in Armilus raid, but sadly, gumi switched the raids around :p

Anyway, like I said - if you can only get the guaranteed copies, I would recommend keeping one copy and selling the other. Any more, and if you're not starving for rings - LB and keep her for a time when she becomes useful.

Stider

I'd say this is a similar case to any demon raid - any MLB unit is valuable in your roster, regardless of the type. Maybe not as much in v1, but in v2 you'll need a way deeper roster than a stomp soldier team.

There's also raids to consider. I think Gizuko said that Hatiphas raid uses a wand also. AG would have been awesome in Armilus raid, but sadly, gumi switched the raids around :p

Anyway, like I said - if you can only get the guaranteed copies, I would recommend keeping one copy and selling the other. Any more, and if you're not starving for rings - LB and keep her for a time when she becomes useful.

Yeah will see how I do, if I can MLB her will keep. Sitting on about 550 rings atm(still haven't bought Trystan yet) and can get another 50-100 from extra cards I haven't sold yet.

Aki-at

My only comfort is it's pretty easy to grind out some gold over the weekend. I have 2 or 3 units with increased gold abilities and just finishing the 20ap one with a special gets you quite a bit. I'm sure I can bring in at least 500k over the weekend.

Yeah the 20 AP gives you over 43k with two characters with increased gold abilities and all the battle requirements. Get a few chest drops and its a cool 60k.

Been so worried about leveling my characters I've completely forgotten about the gold hunt events heh.

EDIT: Gumi released the initial drop table for AG, and there's a spear at 10...just like Aki-at thought there would be. Free Spears for everyone! YAY!

No one is going to have any trouble in this demon raid hitting 100, I'm interested to see how far I can go with 3 spear users... Maybe 4 by the end of it, in my team.

Gizuko

@jpCC: Mother of whaling, the current ranking is pure bullshit. The first ranker has 41M+ points and we are 9 hours in.

I would advise against pulling much in this event, though, Olga seems a bit lackluster and we are getting either the pixiv winners' arcana (including a demon descent) or a subjugation event with the nude loli (whose name I can never recall) from the sage's tower.

It's a pity we aren't getting Melchior, but mages are always welcome. Let's see if Sega fixed the damned subjugation event.

@jpCC: Mother of whaling, the current ranking is pure bullshit. The first ranker has 41M+ points and we are 9 hours in.

I would advise against pulling much in this event, though, Olga seems a bit lackluster and we are getting either the pixiv winners' arcana (including a demon descent) or a subjugation event with the nude loli (whose name I can never recall) from the sage's tower.

It's a pity we aren't getting Melchior, but mages are always welcome. Let's see if Sega fixed the damned subjugation event.

whales whales everywhere lol

Yeah, saving the pulls for the pixiv event looks to be the better idea.

Haven't started the event yet, but hopefully not a subjugation event next. I couldn't even figure out how to get through the last one.

Teiran

Next month's fortune ring character, Mireille.

TL;DR
- Spear-using knight, 2-mana 8x damage column AoE special, low attack, decent health (7030/8240 at lv80).
- Ability 1: +30% dmg to slowed enemies (useful if you have, say, Deed); ability 2: -20% dmg taken during boss waves.
- Voiced by Ami Koshimizu.

Objectively she's not great, but I'm going to get at least one copy because I dig the art and I love her name. Hooray for making logical decisions.

Gizuko

The main problem with Frau is wether we get Lindsey or not. I still don't know if I should pass on Trystan, since I'd rather have Lindsey for the airshield.
I did some research by the way, Agudara is V2 and Tsuru's subparty buff unlocks at lvl70. Just in case anyone needs to plan ahead.

whales whales everywhere lol

Yeah, saving the pulls for the pixiv event looks to be the better idea.

Haven't started the event yet, but hopefully not a subjugation event next. I couldn't even figure out how to get through the last one.

I really dig that demon's art, whoever drew/designed her is amazing.
The subjugation event is just... Too much for me to handle honestly. Let's see if they really improved it.

It seems we might get a love live collaboration as well! Would be nice, it's been a while since the last.

Quixzlizx

I still haven't gotten Trystan either. Yoshitsugu's special hits like a truck, so if anything I'd be replacing LB2 Coro with him, which doesn't really seem worth 350 rings.

johnsmith

remember me
Blah, with Dragon Blaze I barely even care about this game anymore. Especially when I can burn through my stamina in 3 minutes doing dailies or story quests, and not have to touch it for hours. The fact that it takes so little effort to use my stamins is pretty much the only reason I haven't dropped it.

Yaari

For real? I'll start JPcc if they do a LL collab. That being awesome.

Edit: dragon blaze eh. Gotta give that a try then

Lockon

What's the best way/place to get arcana for leveling up characters currently? My Selene is 60 right now, it' going to take a lot to max her before the event start.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Quixzlizx

What's the best way/place to get arcana for leveling up characters currently? My Selene is 60 right now, it' going to take a lot to max her before the event start.

Spark of Battle in Flame Sprite Colony gives a guaranteed 1* soldier enhancer for 8 AP. It's really mind-numbing and slow, but probably the most consistent way to level up soldier arcana. You're not going to get Selene from 60 to 80 in 3 days, though...

Elija2

Do the gauntlet. Occasionally a 3* All enhancer will appear 3/4ths of the way through the board.

Kettch

Really sucks that we got cheated out of those knight enhancer quests this week. Just now getting my Juliana up to 30 and I haven't even gotten started on Dannady who it would be nice to put the second spear on. Guess my best strategy is to stick with the all soldier team and have Juliana come out of the sub for some extra damage at the end. Just feels kinda bad wasting that second spear on no one.

Rixa

Really sucks that we got cheated out of those knight enhancer quests this week.

Yes this sucks, obviously they want our money in forms of bought 3* enhancers :(.

New feature incoming, PVP?

Screenshot_2015-05-29-08-49-57.png

Gizuko

About the LL rumour, user TheSilentOne over at chain-chronicle-forum confirmed they are actually having a poll to see which Sega game gets the collaboration, and it might not be CC (it's third right now).

Rixa

I know my friendlist is going to be divided. Half of them go to "Team Selene" 49% goes to "Team Knight". For the laughs I could go to "Team Rebecca" :).
Ok my 2nd spear will go to Rebecca, first one is already at Deed.

Plans did change. Ill bring Toka to raid. She is going to be my wave healer.

Yaari

About the LL rumour, user TheSilentOne over at chain-chronicle-forum confirmed they are actually having a poll to see which Sega game gets the collaboration, and it might not be CC (it's third right now).

What's first?

How do collab work in this game anyway? Do they add gacha characters? Or can they be gained by a challenge or such.

Edit: Thanks for the heads-up on the bundle. Appreciated, and wouldn't have known, I never check that stuff.
Edit 2:

Found this page. http://lovelive-movie-sega.com/
What's the PuyoPuyo game? Is that on iOS?

Aki-at

What's first?

How do collab work in this game anyway? Do they add gacha characters? Or can they be gained by a challenge or such.

Edit: Thanks for the heads-up on the bundle. Appreciated, and wouldn't have known, I never check that stuff.
Edit 2:

Found this page. http://lovelive-movie-sega.com/
What's the PuyoPuyo game? Is that on iOS?

It's Puyo Puyo Quest and yeah it's on iOS.

Another cool game SEGA has locked up in Japan : <

Quixzlizx

Where can you get the bundles? I checked at 7:30 EST, and there were no bundles in the shop, and when I clicked on the Mystery Bundle banner, it just sent me to the usual recruit screen.

Top Bottom