• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Quixzlizx

Just did the facebook friends invite thing. Got 320 prysma for inviting 50 at once.

So I did 6 pulls.... and got 6x 3* crap, as always.

Either way, I'm AvaGAF --> 186,387,940, feel free to add. If your name doesn't have GAF in it then please post your name here :p

I sent an invite as Quix.

My ID is 102 366 264. I'll try to free up some more slots.

I guess I am totally screwed then as my selne is just lv50.

There's still a lot of time to level her up before and during the raid. You also don't really need a strong Selene. I was able to get pretty far with only a 3* mage last raid so I wouldn't worry that much.

johnsmith

remember me
You can also level her during the demon raid itself, as long as you have tons of gold and don't mind burning it enhancing with crap 1 and 2 * characters that you get from demon coin pulls.

CF6jgNlUEAEeNvi.jpg:large

:O

New event character get for the upcoming tower raid!

I'm actually a little jealous how easy it was to get her compared to the pulls I did to try and get sensei from the last demon raid and never did. ;[

Rixa

ugh, all i got was this dumb looking thing

And still I would take that. I like picture way more than the semi naked lady which you get 13 in one dozen. Anyways, I stopped playing JPCC, changed my phone and not interested to start again from scratch and no autobattle was no good for me.

Gizuko

:O

New event character get for the upcoming tower raid!

I'm actually a little jealous how easy it was to get her compared to the pulls I did to try and get sensei from the last demon raid and never did. ;[

Congrats! I got nothing this time around, so I'll be depending on you lol

garath

I swapped out my leader with Selene. She's not quite as strong as my coro yet but very close. She's level 67 and has a max attack raid weapon. Warrior daily today will probably push her to 68 or 69. I should have her over 70 by the raid no problem.

I have 4 friend slots left. Let me know if you invite and don't have GAF in the name. I just rejected all the pending friend invites so it won't be too cluttered.

name: garath
ID: 115,422,117

I swapped out my leader with Selene. She's not quite as strong as my coro yet but very close. She's level 67 and has a max attack raid weapon. Warrior daily today will probably push her to 68 or 69. I should have her over 70 by the raid no problem.

I have 4 friend slots left. Let me know if you invite and don't have GAF in the name. I just rejected all the pending friend invites so it won't be too cluttered.

Is rookie better or SoB for warrior?

garath

Is rookie better or SoB for warrior?

Truthfully, I can't stand doing SoB. It's so boring. I've been running the 20ap daily. The 3* enhancer is a ton of xp and it seems like I get the 2* enhancer most of the time.

I'm sure SoB is statistically better but I don't think my brain could handle running that 20 times a day and watch Selene's xp go up 2-3% at a clip.

Quixzlizx

Sent an invite as Quix.

Truthfully, I can't stand doing SoB. It's so boring. I've been running the 20ap daily. The 3* enhancer is a ton of xp and it seems like I get the 2* enhancer most of the time.

I'm sure SoB is statistically better but I don't think my brain could handle running that 20 times a day and watch Selene's xp go up 2-3% at a clip.
I guess intermediate is better. Also it feels like the silver chest drop rate increased.

Also if you don't mind I added you. Ign CFans

Added! K76Gaf :)

garath

Miff

This should be the easiest raid we've ever done. My Selene already does 12k damage at level 67. Fully leveled with a raid weapon will chunk the raid dragon so hard.

Especially considering people were levelling spear users before Aelle got pulled. If there's a reasonable chance of getting another raid weapon (hopefully as a reward), people are going to be smashing this event hard. 70 Deed and (soon to be) 80 Selene here, looking forward to it.

garath

Especially considering people were levelling spear users before Aelle got pulled. If there's a reasonable chance of getting another raid weapon (hopefully as a reward), people are going to be smashing this event hard. 70 Deed and (soon to be) 80 Selene here, looking forward to it.

Yeah. That will be disgusting. I was going to be in trouble for the spear raid prior to Selene. My only other spear user is Audette. The people with Deed as well as Selene are going to crush it. Level 200 incoming? :)

And still I would take that. I like picture way more than the semi naked lady which you get 13 in one dozen. Anyways, I stopped playing JPCC, changed my phone and not interested to start again from scratch and no autobattle was no good for me.

I wouldn't mind getting 13 copies of her in one dozen.

Max LB and like 160 fortune rings sound great!

Congrats! I got nothing this time around, so I'll be depending on you lol

I have two days to level her up lol

garath

My Selene at level 68 officially now has a stronger attack than my 70 Coro. Both with 11 attack maxed weapons, Selene has 40 higher attack. Excellent. We're getting close to 70 then the push to 80.

Warrior daily has helped. I'm almost tempted to use a bit of prysma to get a few more 20ap runs.

Quixzlizx

I have 60/60 Wayne, 50/50 Dannady, and 54/55 Audette just in case I get more raid spears, but the problem is that they are all knights and will interfere with collecting enough red mana to double down on the Selene smash.

garath

I have 60/60 Wayne, 50/50 Dannady, and 54/55 Audette just in case I get more raid spears, but the problem is that they are all knights and will interfere with collecting enough red mana to double down on the Selene smash.

That's the big issue and why it may just be best to run an all soldier party like normal. For all the damage the other spear users can do, it might be best to just use her massive attack more than once. Then again later when it gets tougher to even GET to the boss, having 4 spear users might be huge.

My Selene at level 68 officially now has a stronger attack than my 70 Coro. Both with 11 attack maxed weapons, Selene has 40 higher attack. Excellent. We're getting close to 70 then the push to 80.

Warrior daily has helped. I'm almost tempted to use a bit of prysma to get a few more 20ap runs.

Why don't you use rings or honor tokens to get some stamina fruits?

My Selene is 49 right now and I'm running low on gold. Not sure if I can get her level 60 ability in time. I probably won't need it until I reach the 40 demon, but still would be nice to have.

garath

Why don't you use rings or honor tokens to get some stamina fruits?

My Selene is 49 right now and I'm running low on gold. Not sure if I can get her level 60 ability in time. I probably won't need it until I reach the 40 demon, but still would be nice to have.

I feel like rings are a little more valuable to me than Prysma. At least for now, they guarantee UR characters. Prsyma usually just gets me 3* junk.

Honor tokens isn't a bad idea though. I keep forgetting about those.

And yeah, gold. Ouch. I've spent over 1.5 mil leveling Selene, Trystan and Lilith.

edit: Honor tokens for a stamina fruit. Worth it. Got two 3* enhancers and three 2* enhancers out of it.

Don't they have that EXP buff when enhancing? :eek:

Good luck with it though, I'm getting Seraphim ready as well lol

Hm, that would explain why when I threw like a random assortment of 1 and 2 star enhancers with one 3 star and she suddenly went up to level 25 from level 1 lol

Aki-at

Yeah. That will be disgusting. I was going to be in trouble for the spear raid prior to Selene. My only other spear user is Audette. The people with Deed as well as Selene are going to crush it. Level 200 incoming? :)

Lvl 74 Selene, Lvl 60 Deed and Lvl 48 Audette, I feel like I might actually hit level 200 haha! >: 3

Let's all thank Gumi for giving us Selene prior to this demon raid, it's like they wanted us to obliterate this event.

Yeah I've got a similar problem since I was leveling up my Deed and Audette to be my mains but now that plans been filled around thanks to Selene.

I think Kenji and Desverger were the ones that mentioned having multiple spear users outweighs mixing up mana. Honestly though I think a good idea would be to leave Wayne and Dannady in your subparty if you can and sacrifice two units when you get to the demon. That way you can go ham with Selene and also still bring in the two units when it's time to take on the boss.

BJK

Yeah I've got a similar problem since I was leveling up my Deed and Audette to be my mains but now that plans been filled around thanks to Selene.

I think Kenji and Desverger were the ones that mentioned having multiple spear users outweighs mixing up mana. Honestly though I think a good idea would be to leave Wayne and Dannady in your subparty if you can and sacrifice two units when you get to the demon. That way you can go ham with Selene and also still bring in the two units when it's time to take on the boss.

In the same boat, only not as well-leveled. Lv. 60 Deed, Lv. 50/55 Kai, Lv. 50 Febrya, and Lv. 46/75 Selene are my spear options. (I was trying to build up my woefully-underleveled LB3 Coro for the past month, to handle the War Chronicle and surrounding events.)

Factoring in current enhancers on my weapons, Selene is 900 Attack behind Deed...which will take about another 16 levels at this point. If I only get the one quest spear (and I should be finishing that quest chain yet tonight), I'm torn between the two of them. I have over 2m gold, so it would be fairly easy to throw my demon coin proceeds into leveling Selene over Deed by the time the event is over. On the other hand, how many orbs will I end up wasting by having to run a raid twice that I'd have finished the first time had I given the spear to Deed?

Leaning towards giving the spear to Selene...if only because her 1 mana skill + one of the many, many Selenes on my friends lists = 2/3rds of the way to her big nuke before the first wave even hits. I think I'm going to hold on until the last minute before actually using the pike on either character.

EDIT: Reminder - maintenance starts in a little over a half-hour.

Stider

My team of extremely underleveled spear users
Lvl 50 Selene
lvl 38 Deed
lvl 37 Dannady
lvl 35 Fan-Fan
lvl 13 Fee Gleah
lvl 1 Rebecca
and lvl 12 Juliana with the sword for the new raid

3 units with the raid weapons(Selene,Fee Gleah and Juliana). But of course, the maintenance is on the day of the knight daily :(

Going to need lots of enhancers from demon coins in raid to be able to do the higher levels.

Rixa

That's the big issue and why it may just be best to run an all soldier party like normal. For all the damage the other spear users can do, it might be best to just use her massive attack more than once. Then again later when it gets tougher to even GET to the boss, having 4 spear users might be huge.

In the same boat, only not as well-leveled. Lv. 60 Deed, Lv. 50/55 Kai, Lv. 50 Febrya, and Lv. 46/75 Selene are my spear options. (I was trying to build up my woefully-underleveled LB3 Coro for the past month, to handle the War Chronicle and surrounding events.)

Plans do change :(. My original plan is to go raid with bicolour party.

Mages:
Aludra 60
Rebecca 50

Knights:
Deed 65 (has spear)
Barienna 55 (going to be 60)
Cadille LB2 underleveled 23
Audette MLB 26
Cad & Aud are going to get levels more ofc, as much as I can give them enhancers.

- Aludra & Barienna both give 2 mana thus at the start of fight I have 2 mage mana & 2 knight mana.
- Rebecca will get my 2nd spear
- Depending how minions spam, I either use Aludra aoe to clear screen or use the mana to demon & Rebeccas spear.
- Barienna gives mana to Deed
- Audette is spear user
- Then I have Cadille who is sword user but has poison. To get full use of Cadilles poison she should do it at the start of demon.
- Question is, shall I sacrifice Aludra at demon to pop in Cadille asap.
- Cadille poisons and prolly dies soon
- Last unit is Audette who tanks demon + hopefully uses mana to knockback demon so that poison can be longer thus making more damage.

^^
Thats the plan. But yeah, it prolly changes.

4 hours till maintenance is over, I need to level up my Selene!
She is 41 now.

I have other spear user:
Kai level 60
Audette level 45

Kai will be good because his special is an area attack with only 1 blu mana.

It will be better to equip demon lance to Kai or to Selene?

It's a shame that this demon is kinda useless for me.
What's the bonus weapon for the Agadura and Sapuras raids? Those are the ones that interest me.

This is exactly what I'm going to do. Using two Selenes and swapping out my healer with Toka will probably guarantee 8 mana at the start of the boss wave. That translates to almost three strong hits with Selene. I'm thinking of using all the other mana on Coropatilon. Too many bad memories of missing my big three mana single target skill with Loletta.

Anyway, it will be pretty easy to get all the good rewards this time. The real challenge of this raid is going to be finding the time to play it and getting good demon gacha RNG.

It will be better to equip demon lance to Kai or to Selene?

Just decide whenever you actually need it. It's all going to depend on how much you'll be able to level Selene. Chances are that you already got another spear by the time you actually get to the challenging waves though. I wouldn't really worry.

desverger

It's a shame that this demon is kinda useless for me.
What's the bonus weapon for the Agadura and Sapuras raids? Those are the ones that interest me.

I only remember Sapuras is mace. Coro MVP!

Somehow Iam predicting that AG has alot more HP than Coropatillon or Armilus had.

The thing to remember here is that AG should've been before Armilus. It might be more than Coro, but less than Armilus.

Rixa

The thing to remember here is that AG should've been before Armilus. It might be more than Coro, but less than Armilus.

Umh, yeah. But Gumi changes weapon damages, they might change HP values too. Oh well 120 should be the target again for me.

Yaari

Only 1 spear user here. But the rest of my team should be full of level 80's. We'll see how far I get I guess. I only need 1 to spam skills with anyway.

Gizuko

I immediately regret my decision of equipping Coro with Explosion ;_;

I do have two mace users though.

I sure hope you didn't equip Trystan with an A-rank sword yet, then (regarding agudara).

Also, try to keep a copy of AG, everyone. I think I read Hatiphas (mage) is good and her raid weapon is a wand.

garath

I sure hope you didn't equip Trystan with an A-rank sword yet, then (regarding agudara).

Also, try to keep a copy of AG, everyone. I think I read Hatiphas (mage) is good and her raid weapon is a wand.

Ugh. I gave trystan assassins blade.

I'm not sure but isn't Agudara V2? I think I've heard people in here say that you can switch weapons in V2 so it shouldn't be a big deal right.

RIP my Grief Sword.

Edit:
Has anyone been experimenting with Sulstan in the gauntlet instead of Coro. Mine is underleveled but he has some good skills for gauntlet.

Rixa

I'm not sure but isn't Agudara V2? I think I've heard people in here say that you can switch weapons in V2 so it shouldn't be a big deal right.

Well unit has 3 weapon slots in V2, so you can equip A weapon to one and raid weapon to another and some special weapon to third (or another raid weapon).

garath

71 for my Selene. Might get 80 by the end of the week? Sat/Sun I need to grind gold though. I went from 2.5 mil to under 1 mil now. Too close for comfort. I may not even have enough gold to finish her.

Gizuko

RIP my Grief Sword.

Edit:
Has anyone been experimenting with Sulstan in the gauntlet instead of Coro. Mine is underleveled but he has some good skills for gauntlet.

TBH I'm not sure either, will check that later. And yes, v2 adds 2 more weapon slots as Rixa said.

I wouldn't overwrite that grief sword, though.

Aki-at

Leaning towards giving the spear to Selene...if only because her 1 mana skill + one of the many, many Selenes on my friends lists = 2/3rds of the way to her big nuke before the first wave even hits. I think I'm going to hold on until the last minute before actually using the pike on either character.

It's worthwhile to remember, and I presume it'd be the case this demon raid, but one of the rewards is the weapon that does massive damage to the demon.

So you can equip one on your Deed now and then later on give the other one to Selene. I'd imagine a Deed equipped with the spear is enough to drag you into the 70s of this demon raid and it helps if you have other spear users ready to help out.

Thats the plan. But yeah, it prolly changes.

Man this is what I love about the demon raids, it really brings out the best in this games mechanics. I can't wait for v2 that makes the soldiers weaker and balances out the overall game.

This is exactly what I'm going to do. Using two Selenes and swapping out my healer with Toka will probably guarantee 8 mana at the start of the boss wave. That translates to almost three strong hits with Selene. I'm thinking of using all the other mana on Coropatilon. Too many bad memories of missing my big three mana single target skill with Loletta.

Really worried about that with my Selene, even if you're practically next to the target you can still miss. She actually needs to be level with the target to land a hit with her special!

71 for my Selene. Might get 80 by the end of the week? Sat/Sun I need to grind gold though. I went from 2.5 mil to under 1 mil now. Too close for comfort. I may not even have enough gold to finish her.

Gone from 6.5 million to 5.5 million.

Never thought I'd start to worry about how much gold I have in this game... max limit break is a real killer because after her it's Trystan's turn *gulp*

Top Bottom