• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Kettch

I decided to start collecting statistics on the good reward from the gauntlet today, and ended up getting Prysma on both runs. That was nice. From my experience Prysma shows up at least 1 out of every 4 runs, but I'll try to get some hard stats.

garath

My Selene is stalled out at 77. Probably won't get 80 at this point. Doing free quests with silver card rewards trying to find 3* enhancers but I keep getting weapon enhancers lol

elty

Finally got Selene to lv60. Her secret is 66AP.

Still have 5 4* enhancer though, I hope there is a great success boost tomorrow.

I just noticed that the event starts at the second of June according to the In-game news. pretty wierd that it isn't going to start on a Monday. Maybe it's because of timezones though.

garath

The 5x stamina fruit bundle just went up for 2 hours. This is your last chance to get this.

Hmm. I'm a little torn on the stamina bundle. I already bought one set but unless we get into another race event I don't see needing that many. And if we're in a race event I'll need a LOT more than 5 more lol

chrono01

Only a few more hours left to decide whether I should grab a Tigre [for her art as well as use as a kizuna later on]. I want to save for Frau, but she's still a couple months away and we'll [hopefully] have V2 then, where Fortune Rings will be a lot easier to obtain [after spending all of these hoarded Arcana Coins]. However, if we don't get it...

As for my Selene, she's only level 57. I was hoping to have her at level 80 in time for the raid, but I didn't expect to see it so soon after the Selene event ended. If only I didn't spend all of my IV enhancers on Trystan. :(

The 5x stamina fruit bundle just went up for 2 hours. This is your last chance to get this.

I bought it for the second time, 5 stamina fruit is always better than getting tempted and rolling a 3* unit. It's a shame that I don't have more prysma though, I also wanted to buy the tickets.

Miff

Friend slot appears..! 115,994,211

I've cleared out a few randoms... maxxed out Selene raring to go tomorrow(?), hope it helps. Good luck with the raid.

garath

Screw it, I bought the stamina fruits lol. Only 30 prysma.

My selene is so close at 77. Ugh. Not going to make 80 :( Just needed one more day of farming the daily. Spent too much time with free quests today since I finished the story :(

Elija2

Would it be a good idea to use a party with multiple classes in the raid? I only have two spear units but one's a soldier and the other's a knight. I'm wondering if it would be better to just bring soldiers so that my mana isn't divided between two different classes.

Kettch

Would it be a good idea to use a party with multiple classes in the raid? I only have two spear units but one's a soldier and the other's a knight. I'm wondering if it would be better to just bring soldiers so that my mana isn't divided between two different classes.

I'm planning on going with 4 soldiers and then put extra spear knights in the subs, to bring out at the end to do more damage. I figure Selene's specials are more important than possibly getting to the boss a little faster.

BJK

Only a few more hours left to decide whether I should grab a Tigre [for her art as well as use as a kizuna later on]. I want to save for Frau, but she's still a couple months away and we'll [hopefully] have V2 then, where Fortune Rings will be a lot easier to obtain [after spending all of these hoarded Arcana Coins]. However, if we don't get it...

As for my Selene, she's only level 57. I was hoping to have her at level 80 in time for the raid, but I didn't expect to see it so soon after the Selene event ended. If only I didn't spend all of my IV enhancers on Trystan. :(

I'm skipping Tigre & Trystan, but mostly because I plan on MLB'ing either Solo or Paloma down the line (possibly both, if demon raids are good enough to me). I'd rather run Selene LB3 / Coro LB3 / healer / Frau MLB as the front-end of my party than run a full 3-soldier group. Solo's 8 arrow special is the type of attack I hate to see in the Gauntlet, and is about as close as archers get to an AoE. With Paloma, the higher her max level, the longer I can justify running her out with my leveling group (especially at only 14 cost).

The only argument I could make for Tigre over the two I'm working on is having them now (100% guaranteed to be before the archery-vulnerable demon raid) vs. getting them in a few months.

...and I had to burn my AC pile a bit (~20k coins), but I nudged Selene over Lv. 60 in time to get her 2nd ability before the Demon Raid starts. I'm sticking with Deed as my party leader, since I have a better chance of my character being needed by people running a knights team; if you're running soldiers, I'd expect to be pretty low on the pecking order (given the sheer # of LB3-MLB Selenes out there following the War Chronicle).

181,929,145 BK_GAF if anyone needs me; I'm a bit strict about booting people off my friends list if they're inactive for longer than ~24 hours, but I have a few spots open (& will have one more open if Rixa's alt doesn't show signs of life once the DR begins...).
If it matters, I'm mostly actively playing during early mornings & evenings (Central US).

Avalt

Alright, got a lvl 80 Selene and just finished getting Febrya to lvl 60. This is the first time I actually feel prepared for a raid. Wonder how far I will reach :p

Looking forward to the raid as always in the morning. I had to take a bit of a break for a while after I got burnt out from the Selene and Mei event.

My Selene is 79 and I think I have the majority of you on my list. I'll comb a page or two back and send some more adds if I missed anyone. Good luck!

Enron

Banned
Looking forward to the raid as always in the morning. I had to take a bit of a break for a while after I got burnt out from the Selene and Mei event.

My Selene is 79 and I think I have the majority of you on my list. I'll comb a page or two back and send some more adds if I missed anyone. Good luck!

The info for the raid says it starts on the 2nd, not tommorrow.

desverger

Yup, apparently raid starts on Tuesday instead of Monday like every other raid. There's some sort of holiday in Singapore, and I guess gumi doesn't want to risk releasing a raid with an empty office.

Your priority for a raid party should be as following:
1. Your absolutely strongest unit that can use the raid weapon.
2. Anyone else with a matching class that can equip the raid weapon.
3. Anyone else with a matching class that can survive to the boss wave.
4. Anyone else that can equip the raid weapon.

--

At this point, if you don't have a full party, you may be wondering what to do. You could pad with a healer, but it's usually a bad idea to bring a mixed mana party since the only thing you want to do in a demon raid is to deal damage. You deal the most damage by having a full, single color mana bar at the demon wave and spamming a special at the demon's face.

chrono01

Well, got my Selene to level 80. Here's my friend ID if anyone wants it: 168,363,811

I've sent a request to you. I'm currently running a Level 80 Lindsey w/ Grief Sword, but I'll switch to my Level 60 Selene when the event starts. I'll also try my hardest to level her to 80 as quickly as I can with the fodder I get. I wish I had more time. >_<

Name in-game is CrnoCF.

Rixa

PSA

Raid is on!

Screenshot_2015-06-01-11-06-49.png

Rixa

I've restarted a number of times, and always the same thing.

Looks like it's happening to others as well though, so hopefully they fix it soon.

I have the same problem :(

One player with same bug did this:

1. switch from tablet to phone then it works
2. Some people say you need to update to solve freeze problem

^^
My Android (Xperia Z2) is using 1.3.4 version of CC.

Kettch

Update fixed it, thanks guys.

And yeah, Selene's damage is insane. Haven't gotten a special off yet, but I was seeing 4500 normal attacks on the boss.

Rixa

I think FG has an extra damage multiplier for the boss. I'm not sure if she beats Selene though.

In this raid surely. FG uses 2 mana (Knight) while Selene needs 3. Max Selene does about 76k damage to AG.

Ofc it all depends your party build and do you need wave heal etc.

Enron

Banned
Hah. On the Demon Descends screen, if you tap the info button, it takes you to the raid info screen and most of the info there is still for the Armilus raid. nice going, gumi!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So the demon events don't continue to spawn for a period like the last one - you have to do one event to get one demon? So presumably just spam the 4AP free quest in Vice Capital?

Top Bottom