• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

Level 41 demon does spell AOE, dont know how much it does damage cause I killed it same time AG casted spell, but did see those balls raining down.

Rixa

Been getting nothing but Phoenix Canes. Got three of em thus far.

43 demons done, 43 wooden chests. DC pulls sofar:

1. Faceless
2. Lance
3. Leadran Pike
4. Kai
5. Rhynel

^^ Iam not drowning in rings. But atleast I got (after 26 demons) 1 extra Pike.

Edit: Did a test to level 50 AG. Cadille (LB2 lvl 47) poisoned her. Result was poor :(. Only 1039 damage per tick -> Time to tune party.

Love when the enemy guantlet team has a ranged unit with a non-offensive ability. Can just idle with Alvert tanking hits until I get enough mana to continue into the next battle. No need to micromanage a unit in order to keep them from killing their healer.

chrono01

On Level of the event now. Not a single Silver/Gold drop, aside from one 3* I received from the demon gatcha [all of my current coins already used]. Typical luck when it comes to raids. :/

I'll get my two guaranteed event demons, keep one for collection and sell the other [as per usual]. I'd love to LB one further, but my luck with demon events is always ridiculously bad. I can't even get 3* units to sell for rings with the demon gatcha. :(

Teiran

Just had Selene roll up and hit Aelle Gloon in the face for 107k damage with her special...

It's nice to actually be running the raid weapon on my leader for once.

elty

Is it just me or Selene's skill like to miss if the boss is not exactly in front of her?

Finally get something useful.... a Nicky! I guess she s a good candidate for the volunteer bow?

Aki-at

Starting to use (barely) two souls now. After level 66 I've obtained...

- Three mage enhancers
- Phoenix Cane
- Robby
- Ryubia
- Kai
- Audette

Eh, not bad, not used any of my demon coins yet. Fingers crossed I managed to snag something more worthwhile from it.

Is it just me or Selene's skill like to miss if the boss is not exactly in front of her?

Finally get something useful.... a Nicky! I guess she s a good candidate for the volunteer bow?
Not just you, it needs to be dead on.

And yes, she's probably the perfect candidate!

Kettch

Selene's special is a ranged line attack. So you could hit the boss from the back row with her if you want. Different from, say, Nympha's special which is melee, but is able to hit to the side.

And I've never really seen a reason to put the Volunteer Bow on Nicky. As far as I see it, if I'm farming XP then the fight isn't going to be difficult enough for an attack bonus to mean anything. And if I'm doing a really difficult fight, then I'm going to want someone better than Nicky in the sub. Sure, she has a sub bonus and the bow gives a sub bonus, but they don't mesh at all.

Not that I know of a better spot for it, but I'll be hanging on to mine.

garath

You guys are lucky with drops. I'm on level 51 and I haven't seen anything more than two 3* arcana. An audette and a rydia. That's it. I've used every demon coin as well.

chrono01

You guys are lucky with drops. I'm on level 51 and I haven't seen anything more than two 3* arcana. An audette and a rydia. That's it. I've used every demon coin as well.
Same here. Level 54 and only three 3* [sold for 9 Fortune Rings].

I hate my luck.

Stider

Just finished level 60 and received 1 Aelle Goon from DC as well as two raid weapons. Pity I don't need them as I recruited Juliana and Fee Gleah from the event. Now have 3 spare spears going to waste :(

Level 60 was also the first time I had to use more than 1 soul to finish the stage. Damn AOE with knockback :(

elty

austere is so horrible.her skill is single target only and sometimes she knock the boss out of bound and all units automatically retreat. I regret giving her the raid weapon.

Kettch

Man, slow being added to the AoE knockback really destroyed my damage at level 80. Went from being on the border of 1 and 2 souls depending on how well I killed people off for mana, to having to use 3 souls.

I've been using up all my demon coins, and so far I've gotten 39 rings from selling 3*s, plus 1 blacksmith and 1 enhancer. Not too bad I guess, still no AG though besides the guaranteed copies, which is what I'd really like.

Absol

I should start checking if people actually has the Pike equipped. Random dude in my friend list with a 80 Selene equipped with the Furnace Blade Was surprised I failed the level 63 demon :(

desverger

Selene's special is a ranged line attack. So you could hit the boss from the back row with her if you want. Different from, say, Nympha's special which is melee, but is able to hit to the side.

For some reason I never realized this. Thanks for clearing it out lol.

This is why I tell people to calm down and unwind their knickers when they start suggesting that Aggdra or any other demon is a replacement for a ring character. You have to be lucky to get even a single, extra copy of a demon during a raid, and even more lucky to MLB it.

I'm up to rank 70 on my third raid and I've only gotten one Coro as a drop. The rates are not great.

However, demon raids are a pretty good source of rings :p

And I've never really seen a reason to put the Volunteer Bow on Nicky. As far as I see it, if I'm farming XP then the fight isn't going to be difficult enough for an attack bonus to mean anything. And if I'm doing a really difficult fight, then I'm going to want someone better than Nicky in the sub. Sure, she has a sub bonus and the bow gives a sub bonus, but they don't mesh at all.

Not that I know of a better spot for it, but I'll be hanging on to mine.

Yeah, I think Phillip might be a better candidate considering his sub bonus boosts attack also.

The stat growth on Selene is ridiculous after 60. 260 atk per level? Crazy. I was gonna stop feeding her arcana on account of me not wanting to go broke in the middle of the week. But each level gives such a large stat boost that I'm just gonna keep leveling her.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I now have two spare leadran pikes, but my only other spear user is a lv1 Dannady. Is there any point throwing him in there and maybe levelling him up a bit, or will I do more damage with my normal levelled up warriors (all lv50 or higher)?

Kettch

Hm, just noticed that I can cancel out Aelle Gloon's AoE attack by hitting her with Selene's special soon after she starts to cast it. Think I was doing it accidentally before, but it's helping out a ton now that I'm timing it well. Back up to 500k+ damage in the 80s.

NightDX

Neo Member
I now have two spare leadran pikes, but my only other spear user is a lv1 Dannady. Is there any point throwing him in there and maybe levelling him up a bit, or will I do more damage with my normal levelled up warriors (all lv50 or higher)?

If you'r willing to level up dannady the spear is a good weapon on him.
I think someone here said that the damage boost is 4 times the normal damage so each level will have exponential returns.
But it also depends on which demon level you are since from my experience I got fee gleah at demon lv 45 and he was instagibed by AG until I leveled him some.

Azusa

Level him up! My 50lvl Dannady with spear did more damage than my 75/80lvl warriors.

Anko

I noticed that they cleared the demon coin balance this time. Does anyone know if it is possible to leave the demon coin rewards in the gift box to claim them in the other demon raids? I would very much prefer saving the coins for a different demon... like Aggdra.

I'm also holding off on giving Dannady my second spear. I need a full solider party right now.

I noticed that they cleared the demon coin balance this time. Does anyone know if it is possible to leave the demon coin rewards in the gift box to claim them in the other demon raids? I would very much prefer saving the coins for a different demon... like Aggdra.

That's pretty clever actually. I'm going to try this but I don't think it's worth the effort.

You might want to consider if investing all that Exp is worth it. It'll probably allow you to complete more waves but you could also use all the enhancers on an unit that you're actually going to be using in the future.

Rixa

That's pretty clever actually. I'm going to try this but I don't think it's worth the effort.

Just remember, if you accidentally accept those coins, when there is no raid. You lose coins. Happened to me, when I took screen captures (when server migration was coming).

Edit: I heard that level 90 demon has 1 million HP.
Check the HP difference:
Screenshot_2015-06-03-14-28-05.png

Also over 60 level demons has higher blue chest drop rate. Killed that Shin demon and got 3* Killie, same time Shin got 1 HP bug (couldnt kill it). Used orb and went to that 62 level demon again, got 3* Rhynel.

All in all: 2 Souls = 2x 3* :).

Aki-at

Yeah looks like me saying that this might be a cakewalk to 200 was way way too ambitious. I expect to clock out around 110 - 120 now.

Also I agree about the increased blue chest rates, I've gotten three in the last 12 odd demons.

garath

Yeah looks like me saying that this might be a cakewalk to 200 was way way too ambitious. I expect to clock out around 110 - 120 now.

Also I agree about the increased blue chest rates, I've gotten three in the last 12 odd demons.

Yeah. I think they expected all the Selenes. The demon has a lot more HP than I remember from other raids. Could be my imagination though.

And I think the increase in blue chest rate is anything over 50. I'm only on 57 and I got my first two blue chests back to back. Only 3* enhancers but still.

edit: Make that three in a row. 3* Maurice.

I disagree. You three might just be experiencing luck.

Of course, the ones who didn't get anything interesting wouldn't post about it here so you'll always get a bad view of the situation.
My streak has ended btw.

As a side note. When pulling multiple arcanas with demon coins. Are you guys getting your characters first and after that enhancers? It doesn't really matter but it's something I noticed.

NightDX

Neo Member
The difficulty really spikes after demon lv 70. Took me 3 souls for 70, and 2 for both 71 and 72. Considering my team is weaker than most teams with lv80 Selene and comparing this raid to the Coro raid I think I can probably get to 100 for the ticket and then start helping.
I've been getting a lot more blue chests compared to the last 2 demon raids especially after lv 50.

garath

I'm still one soul in the mid 60s here but that'll change. I can't two shot the demon anymore. Have to wait for the third red mana to come to three shot her.

Just got another blue chest. I got none until mid 50s, now I've gotten 5. Though I'd really like another demon.

Enron

Banned
in the mid 70s, i started needing all 3 souls to take down the demon.

lvl 78 demon has 642804 hp
lvl 80 demon has 766800 hp

prepare accordingly

Teiran

As a side note. When pulling multiple arcanas with demon coins. Are you guys getting your characters first and after that enhancers? It doesn't really matter but it's something I noticed.
It can go either way. Seems like a multi-pull is divided into weapons/enhancers and characters, and once one set is done you'll only see the other.

It blows seeing an Enhancer I come out first, followed by, like, Cervantes.

Miff

Whoaaa that HP ramps up quickly. Wouldn't surprise me if Gumi analyse a raft of active player data before each raid and set whatever difficulty curve gives them the optimal profit.

I think it's the continuous mob that streams around Aelle that are going to start causing me issues, as I don't have an event weapon AOE attack. In the mid-70s, a Lvl 70 Coro spin only seems to hit the mobs for 1/3rd HP.

Missed quite a few help requests today (sorry BK_GAF). In general, do people mind receiving help requests? I held off during the last raid, as didn't want to spam people with demons that were impossible for me to complete.

Whoaaa that HP ramps up quickly.

I held off during the last raid, as didn't want to spam people with demons that were impossible for me to complete.

It's just the wave 20/40/60/80 difficulty spike.

I don't think anyone cares if you spam them with help requests as It only allows them to get more demon coins.

Top Bottom