• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

So the demon events don't continue to spawn for a period like the last one - you have to do one event to get one demon? So presumably just spam the 4AP free quest in Vice Capital?

^^ Yup. I spam 4 ap level 1 quest (the first one which gives Greg, ac and 1* warr ench).
You dont get all times demon to pop. So dont wonder if there is no demon coming after fight.

garath

Selene couldn't be a better raid character.

- bonus mana
- wave heal
- ranged line of attack
- massive single target damage attack
- insane attack

going to be easiest raid ever? most likely. Especially considering it seems like I have 15 friends with Selenes lol.

Raids are fun. Good break from the normal. Too bad I only got my Selene to 78. She'll be 80 in short order though. Already had a pull with 3 2* enhancers from the demon coins.

Enron

Banned
too bad my selene is only lvl 50. i didn't bother giving her the pike because i didn't think id have enough time to get her to 80.

I don't really care about this demon anyways - pretty much just want coin for gacha.

garath

Can anyone think of a reason not to sell these 3* arcana?

- 3x Robby
- 2x Cadille

I know knights get a buff in v2 which is why I'm hesitating. Though I do have a Ihelmina and 2x Alvert if I need knights.

Quixzlizx

Selene has been one-shotting the demon so far... with her regular attack.

- 3x Robby
- 2x Cadille

I know knights get a buff in v2 which is why I'm hesitating. Though I do have a Ihelmina and 2x Alvert if I need knights.

I've kept Robby because I like her +speed ability and that she does a 1 mana column attack.

garath

Lol. There's almost no Nimphas left on my friend list. Everyone is a Selene. Guess I won't be getting any extra luck on free quests this week. haha

Which characters/classes had a bonus in this raid?

Welcome back!
Fee Gah and Julliana deal bonus damage if you get them from the current Festival. The special weapon is a spear. You can get one in Dawning

- 3x Robby
- 2x Cadille

It's not like a strong team is going to rely on 3* arcanas. Just sell them whenever you need the rings.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how many days is this event on for? Want to figure out roughly how many demons I should be trying to get each day to be on track for the good prizes.

how many days is this event on for? Want to figure out roughly how many demons I should be trying to get each day to be on track for the good prizes.

7 days.

Edit: Seems that the rewards in the Aelle Gloon news post don't match up with the actual rewards list. Who is doing QA at Gumi?
nobody probably

mrklaw

MrArseFace

so roughly 7 levels per day for lv50, or 12 per day for lv80. 7 sounds doable - thats a couple of logins if you forget. But 12 is 4 restocks which might take some attention to cover off, especially as it takes 90mins to fully stock your souls back up. And that doesn't count any situations where you might start needing 2+ souls to clear levels.

Is she even that good a character? Is this a LB1 thing, a 'keep her stock and sell the copy' or just sell both for rings?

garath

so roughly 7 levels per day for lv50, or 12 per day for lv80. 7 sounds doable - thats a couple of logins if you forget. But 12 is 4 restocks which might take some attention to cover off, especially as it takes 90mins to fully stock your souls back up. And that doesn't count any situations where you might start needing 2+ souls to clear levels.

Is she even that good a character? Is this a LB1 thing, a 'keep her stock and sell the copy' or just sell both for rings?

12 per day means you need to log in at least once every 60-90 min across 6 hours and use 2 souls each of those logins. It's really not too tough. I don't think anyone has much of an issue getting to level 80 if their party is up for it.

Usually you'll find yourself hitting a wall not because of time but because it gets too hard. This event we may have a distinct advantage with so many Selenes around though.

Rixa

- 3x Robby
- 2x Cadille

Iam leveling my Cadille, she is now 39/50. There will be a sword raid and poison works well. Infact Iam going to use Cadille in AG raid too.

Edit: Level 20 demon has 101k hp. Level 21 has 55k

Screenshot_2015-06-01-19-22-38.png

So no point keeping the demon other than kizuna later if you want correct? 1 copy for posterity.
With all the Trystans, Selenes and Lindseys around and AG coming eventually, it might be worth your while slowly building a mage team. I would personally LB her as much as I could with V2 content coming eventually where different teams are needed.

Also it's a relief to not have to worry about goblins and wasting 20AP :)

garath

With all the Trystans, Selenes and Lindseys around and AG coming eventually, it might be worth your while slowly building a mage team. I would personally LB her as much as I could with V2 content coming eventually where different teams are needed.

Also it's a relief to not have to worry about goblins and wasting 20AP :)

Is she a good mage though? Her stats look a little lackluster.

Miff

Saving allll my demon coins until the end.

Doing Phoena's quest tonight. Gotta get me another 15% stacked onto Seleneee!

edit: wtf

chrono01

I didn't expect the raid today. I was surprised when I launched my game this morning and saw the raid notification at the top of the screen.

Unfortunately, my Selene is only Level 62, but I'm working my hardest at leveling her up as much as I can. I probably won't reach Level 80 which is too bad, but I'm hoping 70 will be doable. Thanks to all of the Selene on my Friend List, by the way, especially those at Level 80. I hope to return the favor soon enough!

Is she a good mage though? Her stats look a little lackluster.

The stats are a little deceptive. She gets a 20% attack boost at full hp. Being a mage, chances are she will be at full health most of the time. Definitely worth limit breaking if you don't have better mages imo.

garath

The stats are a little deceptive. She gets a 20% attack boost at full hp. Being a mage, chances are she will be at full health most of the time. Definitely worth limit breaking if you don't have better mages imo.

That's definitely solid. Of course with my demon raid luck I'll get at most LB1 :(

Gizuko

How does AG's skill work? I have read it's an AoE, but wiki said it was a single lane missile.

She is worth getting and keeping, btw, just keep in mind Hatiphas is very solid.

Quixzlizx

I didn't expect the raid today. I was surprised when I launched my game this morning and saw the raid notification at the top of the screen.

Unfortunately, my Selene is only Level 62, but I'm working my hardest at leveling her up as much as I can. I probably won't reach Level 80 which is too bad, but I'm hoping 70 will be doable. Thanks to all of the Selene on my Friend List, by the way, especially those at Level 80. I hope to return the favor soon enough!

I'm already returning the favor to you and all of the other gaffers with Nimphas and Lindseys who friended me when I was still a scrub.

Stider

Damn, Fee Gleah is a beast in this raid. Lvl 51 Selene(4715 atk) with maxxed raid weapon does 1900-2000 damage per regular hit. Lvl 35 Fee Gleah(4830 atk)with maxxed weapon and the passive boost from Juliana does 4800 damage per hit! Was going to power up Selene but after seeing those numbers, Fee Gleah here we go!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm up to level 15 without using any friends' selenes and my own Selene is only lv42. Still clearing with 60s to spare. I'm sure it'll ramp up but it seems good so far.

I have a decent Mage team already but I'll check this demons stats - I have the potential to get three copies as I got one from a chest drop, but that is also nearly a free ring character if I sell them.

I'll keep Aelle but I won't Limit Break her. At least not right now.
Seems a waste to invest rings in a unit that I'm not going to be using a lot and doesn't even deserve to be in my late game mage team (whenever I get around to making one)

I'll Lvl one copy up to 60 and keep the others in my box. Then I'll sell my spares whenever I need the rings or Limit Break her whenever the extra stats will decide whether I complete a stage or not. It's probably going to be the first.

Damn, Fee Gleah is a beast in this raid. Lvl 51 Selene(4715 atk) with maxxed raid weapon does 1900-2000 damage per regular hit. Lvl 35 Fee Gleah(4830 atk)with maxxed weapon and the passive boost from Juliana does 4800 damage per hit! Was going to power up Selene but after seeing those numbers, Fee Gleah here we go!

It's a shame that he's pretty useless outside of this one raid. At least compared to the other 5* Knights.

elty

About to reach lv 30, who should get my second spear?

HP/ATK
Febrya (mage, 2784/4102)
Audette (knight, 5130/4530)
Dannady (knight 3916/3678)

About to reach lv 30, who should get my second spear?

HP/ATK
Febrya (mage, 2784/4102)
Audette (knight, 5130/4530)
Dannady (knight 3916/3678)

I also have 2 spear knights and Febrya. I'd give it to one of the knights. In case you get a third one, you can give it to your other knight. Then split the mana 2 ways instead of 3, assuming your leader is Selene. I'd only put Febrya in if I get a 4th spear.

garath

My Selene is now 79 and 3/4. I should have her 80 by tomorrow. Better late than never. Then I'll give my second spear to Audette. I actually just pulled another so she'll be LB1. Not terrible. She'll be a good sub.

Stider

Do we know what extra boost Fee Gleah is getting for this raid? My lvl 37 Fee Gleah(4957 atk) with the passive boost from Juliana do over 5000 damage with basic attacks compared to Yaari's lvl 80 Selene doing 4190 base damage.

garath

Maxed Selene. Nice. Working on Lilith and trystan now. Don't need Lilith at all for the raid but trystan is handy just for damage soak.

elty

Now lv32 demon.

no demon from chest
no demon from coin
no weapon as well
just 2 garbage 3* Maurice and Faceless

life as usual.

Do we know what extra boost Fee Gleah is getting for this raid? My lvl 37 Fee Gleah (4957 atk) with the passive boost from Juliana do over 5000 damage with basic attacks compared to Yaari's lvl 80 Selene doing 4190 base damage.

It might be that Aelle is considered a dragon. Fee Gleah deals bonus damage against dragons with his first skill(someone with a Vorg should test this out)

It could also be that FG's weapon just deals more damage against her then the Leadran Pike. The description of the weapons are the same but the numbers might be different (someone with the balls to equip FG with the Leadran Pike could test this out).

Stider

It might be that Aelle is considered a dragon. Fee Gleah deals bonus damage against dragons with his first skill(someone with a Vorg should test this out)

It could also be that FG's weapon just deals more damage against her then the Leadran Pike. The description of the weapons are the same but the numbers might be different (someone with the balls to equip FG with the Leadran Pike could test this out).

Those damage numbers are coming against the normal grunts as well though. Either way will be beastly later, his ability does 30k+ to all enemies in range

Those damage numbers are coming against the normal grunts as well though. Either way will be beastly later, his ability does 30k+ to all enemies in range

Then it has to be the weapon.

Maybe there will be dragons later on. Seems likely as FG is made to counter this raid.

Stider

Then it has to be the weapon.

Maybe there will be dragons later on. Seems likely as FG is made to counter this raid.

Yeah, wish I'd known just how much better than Selene Fee Gleah was, would've focussed on levelling him over Selene. Now just hoping for lots of enhancers from DC pulls.

Rixa

Yeah, wish I'd known just how much better than Selene Fee Gleah was, would've focussed on levelling him over Selene. Now just hoping for lots of enhancers from DC pulls.

After this event, you prolly still use Selene.
After this event, you prolly wont use Fee Glea.

FG is crap outside AG raid.

I have given my 3 spears to:

Deed 65
Rebecca 50
Audette 41/60

Now at 36 demons done. Aludra is good in this raid again to kill those minions with aoe, so my spear hitters can actually hit AG :).

Later on Ill switch Audette to first sub place and in comes Cadille, she poisons AG and dies :).

Top Bottom