• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

garath

I wish I had another soldier spear user. There's no way someone like Audette's dps will match getting three Selene skills off in a fight. That's 220k damage. I have to keep that red mana flush.

Kettch

Yeah, don't worry about spam and send all the help requests you want. I'm picking up every one that I see, as a chest and coins for 1 soul is a lot better than a chest and some more coins for 3 souls which I should be hitting regularly soon.

I'm happy that my damage isn't going down too much though, despite the fodder HP going up a lot. Still managing about 450k or so per soul at level 90, if I get the special counters off right.

garath

Level 70 was the first level I had to use two souls. I wasn't paying attention and missed Selene's third skill then ran out of time. Oops.

Two 11k damage Selenes still make short work of all this though. It's been an absolute breeze so far.

I've been getting a good amount of blue chests too. The past 5 or so levels have yielded wooden chests, but overall I feel like I've gotten way more blue chests than before.

garath

Damn. Yeah, in the 70s it's taking two souls. I can do 450k damage per soul pretty easily but it's just not good enough for one soul. Bah.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You shouldn't take the effort to reroll. Just get two S chars and you're good to go, preferably an AOE healer. Combining will get you higher ranks.

Getting 2 S characters isn't easy. Rates are pretty bad. I would be okay with one S and going with that.

Getting 2 S characters isn't easy. Rates are pretty bad. I would be okay with one S and going with that.

I've seen a pair pop up once in a while, the real chore is getting SS. Luckily there is the pretty generous combining system.

I dropped Dragon Blaze though. It required an extreme time investment for a game with gameplay that's even less engaging than Chain Chronicle, and it's pretty hard to be less engaging than a game where you only press the auto-battle and 2x button 90% of the time.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Wow, is it me or does the demon invade have a TON more HP than previous demon invades?

I had a weaker team and we steamrolled through level 70 last time, with a far far stronger team, I am already having difficulty in level 43. What gives? :/

BJK

I've been getting a good amount of blue chests too. The past 5 or so levels have yielded wooden chests, but overall I feel like I've gotten way more blue chests than before.

I had a good run on chests from 60-70, but that luck has dried up a bit. Cleared Lv. 83, but it's starting to get harder and harder to clear stages with 2 orbs.

Oddest thing about this DR: I have not received a single new character outside of the demon herself. There are a few 3* characters I'd love to have for future content (Yona & Jedah mostly), but I keep seeing the same arcana...could have pretty much MLB'd Rhynel from demon coins alone.

Really wish I could draw an extra raid spear, if only to cut down the adds on Wave 5.

Enron

Banned
Wow, is it me or does the demon invade have a TON more HP than previous demon invades?

I had a weaker team and we steamrolled through level 70 last time, with a far far stronger team, I am already having difficulty in level 43. What gives? :/

Exactly what you said. The HP ramp up this time around is NUTS.

Vylash

gumi-logo.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What's the damage given out by enemies on the higher raid levels? Thinking to switch my healer for another warrior, mainly to avoid diluting the mana pool

Elija2

I think I'm doing better than the last raid. I'm at level 80 and I'm still able to beat the demon with only 2 souls.

garath

What's the damage given out by enemies on the higher raid levels? Thinking to switch my healer for another warrior, mainly to avoid diluting the mana pool

Yes. Switch out that healer. It is 100x more efficient to load up on the single mana AMD additional DPs than get a heal or two. You will be running out of time more than you will be wiping it most cases.

Absol

Oh fuck! Got a copy Aelle Gloon with demon coin pull from level 78. Not sure what to say considering my luck lol

9Z1OHvR.png

Aki-at

Yeah. I think they expected all the Selenes. The demon has a lot more HP than I remember from other raids. Could be my imagination though.

No both of you guys are right. Now what I'm wondering is if the original Aelle Gloon had this much HP at level 80 (I believe 710k) or if this is something Gumi upped thanks to the Selene event. Sucks if they did, but if the original Japanese version got this hard eh, I don't really mind then I guess.

(But I doubt it, this would be nigh impossible if you didn't get Selene in the conquest event.)

Aki-at

So I just used 20,000 demon coins!

It started off great, a 3* weapon off the bat... And then it went downhill and I only managed an Aduette and Rhynel after that.

I want a refund : <

Kettch

I don't suppose there's a way to quit out of an incoming demon? It's kind of annoying when I trigger my own and then somebody sends a help request while I'm in the normal fight. I'd like to get rid of mine and restart it without having to wait out the full hour.

On another note, I failed to get the 300 honor reward in the gauntlet for the first time in like 2 months. Ran into a rank 33 account that somehow had a level 65 Parchelle.

EDIT: Woah, I managed to 2 soul level 94. Finally remembered to use Juliana's 20% attack buff when she comes out, and that made a big difference.

elty

Still no way to see if there is any demon request other than restarting the app?

I found out take out Audette is better even if she has a raid weapon.... she is just too useless skill wise.

lv78 now, no demon and weapon. Got like 3 copies of faceless. If I cannot get another copy I probably will ditch her as I already have some good mage (Filiana, Febrya, Elemia, Airi, and soon Frau). I just hate an uneven level like 65.

For your demon's HP, took me to find it and while this list isn't complete, here's what one of the JP wiki recorded when they did their demon raid two years ago.

Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see. It does kinda sound like Gumi did up the HP. :p

-------------------------------------------------

In JPCC news:

Finally got the tower raid character. God this event is not fun. The AP requirements are crazy, you definitely need one of the event gatcha characters to really get far in this. Plus, she isn't even all that good, buffing Maze Pass characters that no one really even use. :p

Not going to bother to limit break her at all. At least the ranking is a whole lot more generous. Basically if you put some effort into it, you'll probably at least get two tickets and three 4 star all enhancers.

At least I also completed the 4th warrior mission from this tower raid.

Anyone ever use a revival fruit out of spite? I just refuse to believe it took that long for my MLB team of warriors to kill an enemy while one of those fucking goblins snuck all the way to my back row.

Quixzlizx

I think I just had some sort of bug. I started level 87 with one soul, sent out help requests, and started doing regular fights with my AP. Then I get a message saying that level 87 is available again... it definitely had not been an hour.

Kettch

I think I just had some sort of bug. I started level 87 with one soul, sent out help requests, and started doing regular fights with my AP. Then I get a message saying that level 87 is available again... it definitely had not been an hour.

The same thing happened to me during the Armillus raid, which really sucked. Sounds like the same bug, so just be sure not to do anything while you have an injured demon to finish off still.

Rixa

Trolldell helps in this raid. Just managed to make with help of Trolldell 164k damage by Selenes skill (0 chain). Ofc there is the risk that he casts it to itself :D.
Rodell1* arcana that Neogaf member Desverger named "Trolldell".

In other news, my alt is stealing the demons. One from gacha and one from chest.

Main has yet to get one (2 inbox)...

Miff

Still no way to see if there is any demon request other than restarting the app?

Best way I've found is to wait until you've missed a request (so the banner shows '1' or more). As long as you don't erase the history, you can flip between the map / demon screen to refresh it. You can also flip between friend screen etc. but takes longer for me.

Yeah I've come across that, not sure if bug or regular behavior. I think if you do another regular quest it refreshes the demon, so if someone kills it in the meantime you'll need to do it again. Last raid I was trying a struggler clear lvl80 about an hour before the event ended (talk about leaving it until last moment). Had to do it twice for them and use 10 pryma in the process, hope he appreciated it.

Azusa

7 more raids to get a second copy and I'm done with this event. Don't want to use fruits for this useless arcana.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Argh, stupid auto battle pushing Selene down so her attacks missed the boss. Might have to send her in manually for a couple of hits before the others follow on

Didn't realise you get demon coins from wins, bought they were only from rewards. Had enough for lots of recruiting which mostly went straight back to enhance Selene. Makes me wonder if it is worth using arcana coins to do the same - she's on lv56 now, and I have 218k arcana coins which I'm saving up because I was told to, but I'm still not sure why :p

chrono01

Argh, stupid auto battle pushing Selene down so her attacks missed the boss. Might have to send her in manually for a couple of hits before the others follow on
This is why I always center the attacking Selene in the front row and move her forgward/activate her skill ASAP. I hate when they're pushed. >_<

desverger

This is why I always center the attacking Selene in the front row and move her forgward/activate her skill ASAP. I hate when they're pushed. >_<

Remember, her skill is ranged ;)

About the increased HP, we have to remember AG was supposed to be before Armilus so comparing this raid to jp numbers might not be a fair comparison.

If we look at the Armilus raid in jp and compare those hp numbers to current AG hp numbers, are they more in line?

desverger

Oh, it is? Well damn, haha. I've always just ran her up the enemy and used it. Hasn't missed yet, although I could have just been lucky.

Yeah, took me by surprise too. Kettch revealed it to me a page back.

If you just send her to the forward center square it's super easy to hit with her special, but you'll most likely miss a few autoattacks. Worth it though, imo.

chrono01

Yeah, took me by surprise too. Kettch revealed it to me a page back.

If you just send her to the forward center square it's super easy to hit with her special, but you'll most likely miss a few autoattacks. Worth it though, imo.
Thanks for this. Good to know!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wow level 60 is a big step up. 5 waves of HP sponges makes it tricky to get past with one soul. Whereas the level before I was clearing with 30 seconds to spare. Progress going to slow a lot towards 80 I think.

elty

Lv85 and now barely 2/3 souls.

Anyone know how to cancel the boss skill? Sometimes my whole team took no damage despite the rain.

Lv85 and now barely 2/3 souls.

Anyone know how to cancel the boss skill? Sometimes my whole team took no damage despite the rain.

I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with Selene's skill. Try to cast just one at the start of the fight and use the other while Aelle is channeling her skill.

Does anyone know the specific point in time when Aelle fires of her skill for the first time, it has te be the same moment every time right? At least close to it.

Edit: seems to be about 17~18 seconds after the wave starts. I'll need to get more data though.
Try to use Selene's skill at the 15 second mark and see what happens.

Miff

I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with Selene's skill. Try to cast just one at the start of the fight and use the other while Aelle is channeling her skill.

Does anyone know the specific point in time when Aelle fires of her skill for the first time, it has te be the same moment everytime right? At least close to it.

Aelle casts first knock back as soon as Pirika appears to drop mana. If you unleash Selene's beast when you see pirika's speech bubble it seems to cancel her attack.

You may need to be quick and have Selene lined up and ready. Running auto with a full offensive party, I noticed that as long as Selene is that last one to reach Aelle, she will always squeeze in and stay put dead-centre. This obviously helps as Selene can continue whacking up Aelle whilst waiting to use mana, no need to keep her back.

Not yet sure if there's any visual cues for the second knock back. Currently trying to gauge it and will have a clearer idea later.

This is at level 83 btw, not sure if differs at lower / higher levels either.

Quixzlizx

Aelle casts first knock back as soon as Pirika appears to drop mana. If you unleash Selene's beast when you see pirika's speech bubble it seems to cancel her attack.

You may need to be quick and have Selene lined up and ready. Running auto with a full offensive party, I noticed that as long as Selene is that last one to reach Aelle, she will always squeeze in and stay put dead-centre. This obviously helps as Selene can continue whacking up Aelle whilst waiting to use mana, no need to keep her back.

Not yet sure if there's any visual cues for the second knock back. Currently trying to gauge it and will have a clearer idea later.

This is at level 83 btw, not sure if differs at lower / higher levels either.

I fire Selene's first special off at the beginning of the wave, her second special 15 seconds after the wave starts, and her third special 13 seconds after that. I'm pretty consistent at cancelling Aelle's special that way.

Another tip is to manually send Selene down to attack the bottom mob at the beginning of the 4th wave. If you just go completely auto, the bottom mob is the last one to be attacked, and it'll get squished at the bottom of the screen, possibly keeping your raid weapon users from reaching it if other characters are in the way.

Miff

I fire Selene's first special off at the beginning of the wave, her second special 15 seconds after the wave starts, and her third special 13 seconds after that. I'm pretty consistent at cancelling Aelle's special that way.

Another tip is to manually send Selene down to attack the bottom mob at the beginning of the 4th wave. If you just go completely auto, the bottom mob is the last one to be attacked, and it'll get squished at the bottom of the screen, possibly keeping your raid weapon users from reaching it if other characters are in the way.

Thanks - keeping track of the seconds is definitely a better approach, my pirika method was a second or two too late this time.

Gizuko

In JPCC news:

Finally got the tower raid character. God this event is not fun. The AP requirements are crazy, you definitely need one of the event gatcha characters to really get far in this. Plus, she isn't even all that good, buffing Maze Pass characters that no one really even use. :p

Not going to bother to limit break her at all. At least the ranking is a whole lot more generous. Basically if you put some effort into it, you'll probably at least get two tickets and three 4 star all enhancers.

At least I also completed the 4th warrior mission from this tower raid.

Congrats on that! I don't like this event either, the last free quest (the one past the castle) is nuts and one of the missions is to finish it without dying. It's a level 75FQ!

Seriously, I hate tower events with a passion.

Top Bottom