• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Kettch

Yeah, I had to use a Vigor Fruit at level 100. Probably could have done it in 4 if I'd played perfectly, but I didn't. The fodder mobs actually start getting quite strong at this point, to where my units are actually taking some damage that the Selene's+Hero can't quite heal each wave. If I had another soldier spear user this would be a lot easier, as I only need a few more seconds on the boss to do a lot more damage, but all I have is Selene.

Level 101 was a lot easier at least, almost finished it in 3 souls despite screwing up a bunch again.

garath

I'm a little behind everyone. Just finished 80. Still havent' had to use more than 2 souls but that will change. In an ideal soul I'll do 450k or so. But I've messed up to the point where I've done less than 300k as well. One glorious time I used Coro's special instead of Selene's. Just kind of laughed as I watched the demon run away with 10k hp.

elty

The Coro raid is actually easier than this one despite my team was like lv 30 and 40. Who would have thought having a 10000 attack arcana means nothing. Feel sorry for those who miss Selene.

lv86 now, no demon nor weapon to be seen yet. Needs 3 souls despite Selene hitting for 75K + 95K + 95K. About 400K damage done per soul.

Quixzlizx

I'm going to beat 100, then spend the rest of the raid doing requests. I'm not going to be able to get far enough for the really good rewards like the 4* enhancers, so there's really no point in spending 4 souls per demon after that.

The Coro raid is actually easier than this one despite my team was like lv 30 and 40. Who would have thought having a 10000 attack arcana means nothing. Feel sorry for those who miss Selene.

lv86 now, no demon nor weapon to be seen yet. Needs 3 souls despite Selene hitting for 75K + 95K + 95K. About 400K damage done per soul.

Yep, I managed to get to 100 in the Coro raid with a party of level 25s and down just by intensely microing level 80 Lindsey friends and through help requests.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Ugh, I hate the difficulty and gigantic HP spike in this raid

Me: "Yay, I finally have a warrior who doesn't suck."
Gumi: "Fuck you, 2x HP jump in the next raid"

:/

Hcoregamer00

Scumi at its finest. I mean remember how optimistic we were before this event? Gumi got us good.

I was expecting to at least do what I did last time, which was hit level 80 with a far weaker team.

At this rate, I will pretty much tap out at level 60 with my level and team :/

BJK

Ugh, I hate the difficulty and gigantic HP spike in this raid

Me: "Yay, I finally have a warrior who doesn't suck."
Gumi: "Fuck you, 2x HP jump in the next raid"

:/

Really makes me wonder how they're going to handle the Club-based DR, where newer players will be punished for not having Coro...if they continue with this kind of HP bump. (And given the scant number of club-wielders, makes me happy to have Lephret and Coro.)

Avalt

How much more can Gumi piss off their customers before they start to leave? I'm starting to get sick of this...

Coro at lvl.100 had 462000 hp (source)

This demon apparently has 1492000 HP.... Gumi has added 1 million health points since then. Their greed is incredible.

Fuck I'm pissed off now :( Shouldn't have spent any nickles on this.

Isn't her quest a royal pain in the rear? I have a defensive sub party buffer, but that's it. Phoena sits in my inbox.

Oh most definitely a royal pain. Stock up on revival fruits or just blow the 60 odd prysma needed for the best buff available. 15% damage buff and 10% defensive buff for the whole team makes such a difference, especially when the damage skyrockets during raids like this.

Throw that Trystan and Lilith on the bench and get her up!

garath

Oh most definitely a royal pain. Stock up on revival fruits or just blow the 60 odd prysma needed for the best buff available. 15% damage buff and 10% defensive buff for the whole team makes such a difference, especially when the damage skyrockets during raids like this.

Throw that Trystan and Lilith on the bench and get her up!

Ok. You've convinced me. I'm going to start throwing enhancers at her instead of Lilith. Lilith at level 37 is already stronger than my 45 Melvina anyways. Trystan is sort of useful at 57.

Yaari

It's not too bad, the Phoena quest.. I did it as a much lower level than what you guys are at now.

I do 93k with my Selene skill, so it sure helps.

Quixzlizx

I've been holding off on Phoena because I have Juliana, and it's going to be a long time until I can fit two 5* subs. It'll be pretty sweet when it happens, though.

Hcoregamer00

Really makes me wonder how they're going to handle the Club-based DR, where newer players will be punished for not having Coro...if they continue with this kind of HP bump. (And given the scant number of club-wielders, makes me happy to have Lephret and Coro.)

I actually started playing the game slightly before Coro, so I acrually missed out on Coro. :/

Since then I made it a point to level my characters enough that I get all the 5* event characters. Though with HP inflation, I am not sure how long that can last.

How much more can Gumi piss off their customers before they start to leave? I'm starting to get sick of this...

This demon apparently has 1492000 HP.... Gumi has added 1 million health points since then. Their greed is incredible.

Holy crap, DAT HP INFLATION.

By the time V2 rolls around the demon raids would jump another million.

Kettch

Seems like I've gotten a silver chest almost every, if not every level since 90. They've all been weapons/enhancers though. Weird since the occasional silver chests I got earlier on were mostly characters.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I like these events, but they've distracted me from the main story for a while now.

Not going to bother with this after hitting lv80 - will just help others out or it'll get annoying.

chrono01

This is exactly why, despite still playing the game, I refuse to give one more cent to Gumi. I decided to stop early on, after I saw how they responded to Coropatiron and insisting that everything was "working as intended", despite it obviously not being the case. Even insisting that WE were wrong, when we have Japanese data to prove we were right. Of course we got a "free" Coropatiron later on, but we really needed to work for it. The way Gumi is handling this raid, as well as other aspects of the game, definitely isn't helping things.

Speaking of V2, the Japanese version received the update just after the Selene event ended. I have a feeling that we'll be waiting a long time for V2 in the Global version, that's if we get it at all. But don't worry! We have the [basically useless] Blacksmith feature, as well as the upcoming Colosseum, which will probably be nothing but chum for the IAP players!

I'm on Level 87, with not a single gold chest drop nor a demon drop from the gatcha [every coin used]. I wish I could say I'm surprised but, considering past events, I'm really not. :/

Hcoregamer00

This is exactly why, despite still playing the game, I refuse to give one more cent to Gumi. I decided to stop early on, after I saw how they responded to Coropatiron and insisting that everything was "working as intended", despite it obviously not being the case. Even insisting that WE were wrong, when we have Japanese data to prove we were right. Of course we got a "free" Coropatiron later on, but we really needed to work for it. The way Gumi is handling this raid, as well as other aspects of the game, definitely isn't helping things.

Speaking of V2, the Japanese version received the update just after the Selene event ended. I have a feeling that we'll be waiting a long time for V2 in the Global version, that's if we get it at all. But don't worry! We have the [basically useless] Blacksmith feature, as well as the upcoming Colosseum, which will probably be nothing but chum for the IAP players!

I'm on Level 87, with not a single gold chest drop nor a demon drop from the gatcha [every coin used]. I wish I could say I'm surprised but, considering past events, I'm really not. :/

Yeah, this event pretty much has shown me that Gumi shows contempt for the players.

The difference of attention in care between Gumi treating Chain Chronicle users compared to how Gung Ho treats its Western Base for Puzzle and Dragons is striking. While I do enjoy the friendly banter between me and the Gumi employees on the Chain Chronicles Facebook, I rather they don't try to be obvious when trying to nicke and dime us, when others have done a better job of being a good mix of IAP and skill based gaming.

I love chain chronicles, hence why I am far more active here than other generals, but damn do they test this love.

Spending money in this game is always a waste if you look at the amount of $$$ that you need to get one 5*. And even then your new unit probably won't compete with the arcanas that you already got from events. Using prysma for AP refills would probably be better, but that's boring.

I wouldn't say that this game is P2W
yet
as you get enough resources to obtain the big hitters from events (Selene) and Fortune rings (Trystan).

Since you already get strong units for free there really isn't a reason why you should gamble with your money to get more average arcanas. The only reason why anyone would spend money on this game (and most other F2P mobile games) is if they wanted to support the developers but lol Gumi.

Yaari

The game is feeling pretty boring now that I started Dragon Blaze tbh. Grind Grind, for what? I don't even need the demon. I want the ticket, but its not worth sitting here catching every orb. I'm probably sitting it out for the rest of the event.

Kettch

Ioh is terrible, just sell him for rings.

AG should have uses. Especially if you don't have many other wizards. Doesn't do much besides deal a lot of single target damage though.

Quixzlizx

I've beaten through 97, and I haven't even gotten a silver chest in the 90s. I wonder if I'll ever get an RNG demon before I stop playing this game.

Kettch

Made it to level 100 and it took 5 souls so I'm gonna call it quits there and just start helping people.

101 is a lot easier than 100, so you can probably do more with 4 souls if you want. If you're getting enough help requests to use up your souls, it probably is better to do that though.

I'm on 105 now, still no extra copies sadly. I've probably gotten around 80 rings in total though, so I'm happy with that. Can get back to the story or leveling characters instead of ring farming finally.

Rixa

I wrote this 05-27-2015, 11:58 AM...
Somehow Iam predicting that AG has alot more HP than Coropatillon or Armilus had.
Here are HP pics of Coro & Armi

Coro level 89 & 118

Armilus level 77 & 102

AG over 1m at 100?

Oh why I was right :(. Damn you Gumi.

Screenshot_2015-06-05-08-48-54.png

ANFA1.png

Oreoleo

I don't get you guys :\

Obviously there is gonna be consequences due to the power creep of all the players having better teams than 1-3 months ago. 1.5mil is 4 souls for me (disregarding the extra damage from the stronger minions- but I'm averaging 430-450k a soul currently). And that's just for level 100, depending on the HP decrease from 100 to 101, it might be feasible to get back to 3 souls. I was up to using 4 souls by the mid 70's in the Armilus raid (GixGaf getting me to 80- never forget). Now I'm sitting pretty at 83-84 still only using 2 souls per demon.

It's not like Gumi is doing anything unfair or underhanded. The difficulty of the game/raids is basically growing linearly over time with the increase in team strength.

They basically already gave everyone who cared an LB3 Selene plus raid weapon for her for free. How much more do you want?

Rixa

I was up to using 4 souls by the mid 70's in the Armilus raid (GixGaf getting me to 80- never forget). Now I'm sitting pretty at 83-84 still only using 2 souls per demon.

It's not like Gumi is doing anything unfair or underhanded. The difficulty of the game/raids is basically growing linearly over time with the increase in team strength.

They basically already gave everyone who cared an LB3 Selene plus raid weapon for her for free. How much more do you want?

Its not like everyone is using Selene.

I didnt have any difficulties in Armilus raid to get 120, even I had only 1 wand, to think if those fuckers gave me 1 wand more. In this raid Iam counting on friends and their Selenes. My party can do about 150k damage to AG. Its not like everyone has leveled Selene to 80 (mine is mid 30s and no spear).

I tried to run full knight party with 2 spear users and 3rd spear (Rebecca) in sub. I could to 34k damage to AG. My friends are doing over 600k damage to AG, I can do 200k if I use Rodell skill but yeah its kinda pain in the ass keep Rodell alive and have enough time in AG.

My alt has 0 Selene and it is at 43 level. Yet it already has 2 AGs another is drop and another is from DC gacha.

I know alot of players that have quitted GCC (many IAPers) due to ridiculous things Gumi has done.

- Julianagate
- Corogate
- Meigate
- Poor fucking customer service (I have many own examples of it).

And now this "Hey they got Selene" "Lets boost AG HP". Also at Coro poison per tick did 1.5% damage. At Armilus poison per tick was 1.0%. At AG poison per tick is 0.5%.

Next raid demon is prolly immune to poison and in v2 if we get it has AC gacha as 5k and lower 5* ring unit drop than Mei was or no drop at all.

chrono01

Obviously there is gonna be consequences due to the power creep of all the players having better teams than 1-3 months ago. 1.5mil is 4 souls for me (disregarding the extra damage from the stronger minions- but I'm averaging 430-450k a soul currently). And that's just for level 100, depending on the HP decrease from 100 to 101, it might be feasible to get back to 3 souls. I was up to using 4 souls by the mid 70's in the Armilus raid (GixGaf getting me to 80- never forget). Now I'm sitting pretty at 83-84 still only using 2 souls per demon.

Considering Gumi didn't keep the HP level equivalent(s) of the Japanese raid [and increased them quite a bit in the Global release], it kind of feels as though they're intentionally making things more difficult than they should be, so people will forced to spend Prysma [and thus, money].

Take this table, for instance. It lists the HP amount of the Aelle Demon during specific levels of the event.

http://www57.atwiki.jp/sega-chainchronicle/pages/425.html

According to the picture posted earlier by Rixa, a Level 100 Demon in the Global event has 1,492,000 HP. In comparison, a Level 120 Demon in the Japanese version only had 1,075,000 HP. That's a good 20 levels more than the Level 100 Demon, and 417,000 less HP. I'm sure the difference between the two will only increase more as you get higher up in the event.

In my personal opinion, Gumi should kept things as they were in the Japanese release, not purposely make them more difficult to make a quick/easy profit. It just frustrates the player-base otherwise, especially if they know the truth behind it.

Top Bottom