• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

It just frustrates the player-base otherwise, especially if they know the truth behind it.

Don't forget that only a very small fraction of the playerbase knows the actual truth behind it. F2P games primarily target whales and anyone who does actual research on this game would now that spending money is a waste. It's shitty but we aren't the demographic that Gumi is really targeting at.

On this whole AG raid, there are basically 4 things that can happen in future raids:

1) They up the HP like they did with the previous raids [Meh]

2) They give us a unit equivalent to Selene which allows Gumi to justify a harder raid [Best case]

3) They follow the actual JPCC hp graph. [Good]

As long is Agadura isn't impossible I don't care what they do.

A company wanting money *GASP* what a shock!
Vote with your wallet, don't play if this is something that annoys you, nobody is forcing you to.

- Meigate

Fuck Gumi for giving us a free 5* healer!!! Gumi truly is the devils incarnate.

Oreoleo

Its not like everyone is using Selene.

I didnt have any difficulties in Armilus raid to get 120, even I had only 1 wand, to think if those fuckers gave me 1 wand more. In this raid Iam counting on friends and their Selenes. My party can do about 150k damage to AG. Its not like everyone has leveled Selene to 80 (mine is mid 30s and no spear).

I mean.. that sucks that your Selene wasn't ready for the raid but that isn't really Gumi's fault. We both check this same thread and I knew well enough in advance to not put Furnace Blade on her yet and to lever her ASAP for the raid. There are characters that have been in my main party for MONTHS and I was able to get Selene leveled past all of them in a week or two without spending a cent (At 77 right now).

This is true, but considering Gumi didn't keep the HP levels of the Japanese raid [and increased them quite a bit] kind of feels as though they're intentionally making things more difficult than they should be, so people will forced to spend Prysma [and thus, money].

In my personal opinion, you should keep things as they were in the Japanese release, not purposely make them more difficult to make a quick/easy profit. It just frustrates the player-base otherwise, especially if they know the truth behind it.

Wasn't it mentioned that the Armilus and Aelle Gloon raids were swapped from Japan's CC and the one we're playing (ie, Japan got AG first and Armilus after)? That fact alone makes any HP differences easy for me to dismiss, personally. I respect that you think they should be keeping parity with JPCC, but I don't see a reason for them to do so. That seems like catering to a minority to me. And while, sure, I'd prefer if AG had less HP, I understand this is a business and the purpose is to make money. It's like one level below slots and gambling. It can be evil, or it can be really fun with some self-control. I'm getting off topic but, I'm happy with the team I have and the amount of content I've been given for free (I did spend some money on stamina fruit to ensure I got LBM Selene. Could have easily settled on LB3 but uh.. something something self-control). Life is more fun when you don't compare what you have to others \o/

Don't forget that only a very small fraction of the playerbase knows the actual truth behind it. F2P games primarily target whales and anyone who does actual research on this game would now that spending money is a waste. It's shitty but we aren't the demographic that Gumi is really targeting at.

Well put. This is sorta what I was trying to get at with the gambling analogy.

chrono01

On this whole AG raid, there are basically 4 things that can happen in future raids:

2) They give us a unit equivalent to Selene which allows Gumi to justify a harder raid [Best case]

True. A lot of people throw money at this game and don't really care about how they get there. Myself, on the other hand, like to stay informed on the JPN --> ENG differences, which is why seeing this is so distressing. :(

If Gumi wants to continue to release overpowered units to help "balance" the HP difference in the raids, then so be it. However, considering the amount of work [and Stamina Fruit] that I put into getting a fully LB'd Selene, if Gumi continues to do things this way I can see myself losing interest pretty quickly. Not to mention the people who don't have the time/luxury to put a little overtime into these events.

From my perspective, Level 80 [or even 100, for that matter] should be obtainable by anyone who puts in the work, F2P or P2P. Leave the 100+ levels for the hardcore/dedicated/IAP crowd. However, considering many who don't have Selene are already finding it difficult at Level 60+, I can see a good number of them not making it even close to Level 100, unless they burn through in-game resources.

Keep in-mind that Selene was available in the JPN version too, although [from what I know] she was released after the Aelle event. But then, I could be wrong on that.

I guess we'll see for sure once we get the next Demon raid [and the order gets back in-line with the Japanese version], and see how they handle the HP there. If they continue to increase the HP even more [maybe accounting for all those that worked on getting Coropatiron LB'd?], it could set a dangerous precedent.

But I'm probably stressing myself over nothing, haha. No use worrying about something that may [or may not] happen.

Oreoleo

Also @Rixa, are we friends on CC? Add me, 147,074,251 I'll knock down every Aelle Gloon you send me (If I notice it in time/have the souls, of course).

Same goes for the rest of you who need help. Just leave your name here if it isn't totally obvious you are from GAF.

Rixa

A company wanting money *GASP* what a shock!
Vote with your wallet, don't play if this is something that annoys you, nobody is forcing you to.

Fuck Gumi for giving us a free 5* healer!!! Gumi truly is the devils incarnate.

1. Thats why Iam worried for those that spend some money to this game. Not sure if it has the whalebase to carry to V2. Atleast Selene event showed how small playerbase is. It was rather easy to get to MLB Selene and very easy to grab LB3 Selene.

2.Yup, Gumi is not getting any cent from me, F2P here.

3. Giving is kinda poor word here. You had "chance to obtain it", if your party could handle level 50 quest and if RNG gods were good. Iam happy that I only tried 1 day for Mei, noticed I wont get it and wont use more time to it.

Also @Rixa, are we friends on CC? Add me, 147,074,251 I'll knock down every Aelle Gloon you send me (If I notice it in time/have the souls, of course).

Same goes for the rest of you who need help. Just leave your name here if it isn't totally obvious you are from GAF.

^^ I think we are not. But sorry :/ my playerlist is full (50/50) with active players. Btw just happened to get 2nd extra spear to my main party. Now my Selene has spear and she is over 40.

Meanwhile in JPCC, it's their 5 million download event, so Fatima is the new gatcha character, along with a bunch of other pretty great 5 star knights in the event gatcha.

As such:
CGuDI9vUYAAAXYd.jpg:large

Sega is really aiding me in my all knights team right now. :]

1. Thats why Iam worried for those that spend some money to this game. Not sure if it has the whalebase to carry to V2. Atleast Selene event showed how small playerbase is. It was rather easy to get to MLB Selene and very easy to grab LB3 Selene.

We still don't know the size of the playerbase for sure since the Selene event was kinda hidden, people who found out later on that the event was actually going on might have been discouraged to actually try it.
Also, did you see some of the top players? I'm not sure how much it costs to maintain a F2P mobile game but I can easily see Gumi making a profit with the amount of money that's being thrown around.

3. Giving is kinda poor word here. You had "chance to obtain it".

A chance is always better than no chance at all no?

Added you <3

Rixa

We still don't know the size of the playerbase for sure since the Selene event was kinda hidden, people who found out later on that the event was actually going on might have been discouraged to actually try it. Also, did you see some of the top players? I'm not sure how much it costs to maintain a F2P mobile game but I can easily see Gumi making a profit with the amount of money that's being thrown around.

A chance is always better than no chance at all no?

1. True, one of the top players who did lead the event many days is on my friendlist. Then he said I dond need to use more fruits. After that the top players were from ccf.net forum Kenny & Matt.

2. So true :). Sidenote pulled my first Melvina in this raid, now my Melvina is MLB. It only took 3 raids to MLB Melvina :p. (Iam using mostly Orianna when healer is needed).

ice cold bro :(

^^ How I wish there would be a way to buy more friendslots. Gumi is missing easy money on this. 20 Prysma for 5 slots or something.

Gizuko

The bolded is far from the best option, you have to take into account there are only 1500 MLB Selenes, and even if a lot more are LB3 they aren't fecerolling the raid.

This option not only doubles the reward from "whaling" in a previous event, but it makes it nigh impossible for players that didn't achieve MLB to actually compete in the following one.

They should just stick to the jp HP pool, wether we get an op character or not - they have to mind new players, specially since the old ones know how they do things already.

Edit:
using single souls is always more efficient, right? First, you may only need 2, but even if you need all three, you get three sets of team resets so you get all your HP back. Yes you have to go through the earlier waves, but they aren't too bad and I don't lose much health to them.

I think if I used 3 souls, I'd have enough time but would just get my team wiped out.

Yes, maybe your team will actually withstand if you are using full-knights or a strong healer, but chances are you will get whiped before de 110 second mark.
Actually, the 3-souls option should be modified later on so that it doubles your stats. The time increase was nerfed as a result, though. This might have been their way of acknowledging it's current effect is a waste of souls.

------------------------------------------

Edit: as for jpCC, they have modified all the returning DL Fes event characters' abilities. For example, Rolo's now affects him as well. You jpCC players might want to check them out.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
using single souls is always more efficient, right? First, you may only need 2, but even if you need all three, you get three sets of team resets so you get all your HP back. Yes you have to go through the earlier waves, but they aren't too bad and I don't lose much health to them.

I think if I used 3 souls, I'd have enough time but would just get my team wiped out.

Oreoleo

^^ How I wish there would be a way to buy more friendslots. Gumi is missing easy money on this. 20 Prysma for 5 slots or something.
Hah, you are not wrong. Thought you were giving me the runaround at first but, after seeing your post about who else you have on your friend list I don't blame you for not wanting to make space for little ol' me :p

lol, You are certainly welcome to give it a shot and see how it goes. I made the mistake of trying to use all 3 at once in the Armilus raid and it went so, so, SO badly. When I came crying about it on here someone posted saying they did the same thing in the Coro raid with the same results and it made me feel a bit better. As you've suspected, your team would get wiped. At the level you are at to need 3 souls, there isn't really a healer in the game that can keep up with the enemies damage output without completely eating into your mana for Selene/whoever.

Rixa

Hah, you are not wrong. Thought you were giving me the runaround at first but, after seeing your post about who else you have on your friend list I don't blame you for not wanting to make space for little ol' me :p

Yeah, most of my friendlist members are either here or from chain-chronicle-forum.com.

Btw server died when helping friend demon:

I want my free Vigor fruit (which we get (if we get) after raid prolly :D).

The bolded is far from the best option, you have to take into account there are only 1500 MLB Selenes, and even if a lot more are LB3 they aren't fecerolling the raid.

If Gumi gives us an unit thats like a LMB 3 Selene before every raid I wouldn't even need the demons.

Gizuko

If Gumi gives us an unit thats like a LMB 3 Selene before every raid I wouldn't even need the demons.

I might agree with you if every character was the same class as the demon. Having a varied team is really important, as Selene won't be wielding a wand during the Hatiphas event.

There aren't enough units you can LB3/MLB anyway, specially since tower events get revamped sooner or later and characters aren't given out depending on ranking - meaning a small user base won't make the trick again and again.

Rixa

There aren't enough units you can LB3/MLB anyway, specially since tower events get revamped sooner or later and characters aren't given out depending on ranking - meaning a small user base won't make the trick again and again.

If Iam not wrong, it starts from next points (fever time) event. Like you need 1 million points to get LB2 or something "funny". When we know how Gumi nerfs those amounts that 1 million might be 5 millions. And lot of players only get 0-1 5* from points event.

Edit: Now to help others.

Selene was centered and started skill in that fight. Fellow team members decided to make fuzz...Poor minion got 88k damage

ah_hia

If Iam not wrong, it starts from next points (fever time) event. Like you need 1 million points to get LB2 or something "funny". When we know how Gumi nerfs those amounts that 1 million might be 5 millions. And lot of players only get 0-1 5* from points event.]

The current tower event in jp is such a slog. 5.5 million points to get lb3 olga. Fever time is random and I had all three event characters. How that translates to Gumi greediness, we probably would only get lb0.

Yaari

Yeah, it always is. You'll never survive the demon for the full duration of 3 orbs. It's a waste of time tbh. Not to mention that going in fresh, gives you a full bar of mana orbs to spam.

BJK

Having crossed the 100 raid mark (thanks mostly to team GAF), early on a Friday of raid week, it's hard for me to complain about the HP boost...though it certainly sucks for newer players.

I'm going to keep throwing out raids over the weekend when I don't see help requests; feel free to help other players hit 80/100 before throwing orbs at my raids from here on out.

garath

I've been going slow. I really don't have any issues clearing the levels. Just not really optimizing my time on it. I think I just cleared 89. It's now to the point where I NEED to do 430k+ per soul to keep clearing in 2.

Event goes until Sunday? Not sure if I'll hit 100 at this rate.

I've been going slow. I really don't have any issues clearing the levels. Just not really optimizing my time on it. I think I just cleared 89. It's now to the point where I NEED to do 430k+ per soul to keep clearing in 2.

I've been taking my time as well but I don't really mind. I'm the same as you with damage though. 430K is average but i've also gotten 480K one time.

garath

I've been taking my time as well but I don't really mind. I'm the same as you with damage though. 430K is average but i've also gotten 480K one time.

Yep. 430+ is more than doable, it just takes one slip-up to miss that though. i.e. Selene shifts and her skill hits a minion or she's tanking instead of the coro or the friend Selene randomly changes targets despite my targeting. Or I miss canceling AG's skill and suddenly all the positioning is wrong. Etc.

Yep. 430+ is more than doable, it just takes one slip-up to miss that though. i.e. Selene shifts and her skill hits a minion or she's tanking instead of the coro or the friend Selene randomly changes targets despite my targeting. Or I miss canceling AG's skill and suddenly all the positioning is wrong. Etc.

All these demon events always make me realize how clunky the gameplay is. I wished Gumi improved it a bit by adding some different methods to play.

Miff

I reached 100 this morning and I'm just going to be using my souls for help requests, but now I'm not getting any :lol

Just cleared 93, I'm going to do the same as you and chill after 100. Hopefully I'll hit it tonight.

Perhaps we should spam out our demons after 100 and see how far we get. Shame to let souls go to waste.

elty

Just beat lv94, I am so slow.

I haven't seen any 3* non weapon/enhancer for a long time, let alone a single demon.

garath

All these demon events always make me realize how clunky the gameplay is. I wished Gumi improved it a bit by adding some different methods to play.

Yeah. I'm not going to lie. I am tempted to just uninstall the game every time I watch Selene decide to walk away from the demon and attack a minion. No interaction, that's just what she does. It's pretty ridiculous. Especially when I leave the demon with 15k hp.

Kettch

I actually quite like the gameplay. You can find workarounds for most things. I had to swap my Selene from the top spot to the bottom starting spot because the top was getting wrecked harder, and I needed all the others to die.

The only thing I would really like is some character portraits to click to control them, having to tap a tiny hit box in a big blob is a real pain and I've messed that up a number of times.

Anyway, feel free to keep sending any and all help requests my way. I finished up 108 and still have a bit of damage to spare. But I'll be stopping my runs if I can't finish 110 in 7 souls or 111 in 4.

I reached 80 about a day ago and I've just been really unmotivated to proceed with the demon raid any further when they've moved the goal post by a million fucking HP. Like, I get it, you gotta scale it to compensate for giving people Selene. But at the same time, do you? I find this kind of scaling to be too extreme and punishing to new players, while being completely unrewarding to loyal players who have stuck with the game for months. Isn't the whole point of investing this much time in the game to be so that we do increasingly better at events? Building up a powerful team to push even further into the demon raid levels? Yes, you want to keep the content challenging for longtime players, but isn't that why there are 200 demon raid levels and not just 100? I can't agree with the "scaling for longtime players/Selene" argument. It shouldn't have to scale when there are 200 levels. Longtime players will find a challenging experience past 100. They shouldn't HAVE to scale.

Avalt

I reached 80 about a day ago and I've just been really unmotivated to proceed with the demon raid any further when they've moved the goal post by a million fucking HP. Like, I get it, you gotta scale it to compensate for giving people Selene. But at the same time, do you? I find this kind of scaling to be too extreme and punishing to new players, while being completely unrewarding to loyal players who have stuck with the game for months. Isn't the whole point of investing this much time in the game to be so that we do increasingly better at events? Building up a powerful team to push even further into the demon raid levels? Yes, you want to keep the content challenging for longtime players, but isn't that why there are 200 demon raid levels and not just 100? I can't agree with the "scaling for longtime players/Selene" argument. It shouldn't have to scale when there are 200 levels. Longtime players will find a challenging experience past 100. They shouldn't HAVE to scale.

Completely agree. I want them to release statistics on how many players actually reach lvl.200. Looking back @ the Selene event rankings, I'm betting that less then 25 players manage to get that high.

Aki-at

Just cleared the level 100 demon.

It took me 5 orbs... The difficulty spikes are insane, Gumi is just sacking out any fun I could have in this raid and I was someone who was having fun on the previous raids :(

Kettch

Level 110 was surprisingly not that hard. Seemed identical to 100, except maybe a little more HP (I don't remember). Only took 5 souls.

Yaari

Gumi makes me angry in their effort to adjust raids. I mean, what's the point of hunting down rare Arcana, they lose their entire value if Gumi makes content more difficult again. There's no progress to be made at all.

I absolutely agree that this was their retaliation for 90% of the community having a high LB Selene. Must be a shocker for them to find out how many people already ditched this crappy game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just finished lv80. Going to call it a day. Will check on any assistance or do the occasional levels but I'm not pushing anymore.

And my gold is decimated. Down to around 200k from 2m almost entirely from enhancing Selene by using demon spoils and demon recruits

Kettch

It's only a small amount so far, but I finished up a week's worth of gauntlet reward recording. Prysma showed up 9 times, though 1 was a double, so ended up getting 80. Everything else showed up 4-6 times. Probably a lucky week, but Prysma doesn't look particularly rare so far.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Okay, I finally hit my wall Level 60.

I got one Demon, and I am fine with it. Just bitter about the huge HP increase + Difficulty spike right after I have a team that didn't suck ass. Oh yeah, and with that crappy team I was able to get up to 80 last time :/

Kettch

I got one Demon, and I am fine with it. Just bitter about the huge HP increase + Difficulty spike right after I have a team that didn't suck ass. Oh yeah, and with that crappy team I was able to get up to 80 last time :/

I sent you a friend request. If you want to get up to 80, feel free to send help requests over whenever you want. I should be able to catch a lot of them.

Aki-at

So I completed the story, imagine my surprise when
the final boss actually had his own theme! It's nice little touches like this that made me love Chain Chronicle.
Overall an enjoyable plot with some good side stories of Pirika proving to be the world's biggest pervert.

Also I'm not sure if this was mentioned but it seems that demon hp isn't the only thing Gumi messed around with, the final story missions take 20 AP but I've seen in the Japanese version it takes only 13 AP...

I wonder if this was just because the Japanese version was older or if it was always 13 AP and Gumi decided to mess around with the AP requirements?

I know the feeling, I was looking forward to this demon raid thinking 150 was a dead set, as it is I'm suffering just getting past 100. I've had an easier time in the previous raid with a weaker team than I have in this raid with a far stronger team :/

elty

This demon raid is very discouraging. At first I thought I can reach higher level thus hopefully break the curse of no extra demon. However the buffed HP and the same RNGesus just shatter my dream.

Looks like they will bump up the difficulty as they please to ensure free player will not get far beyond lv100.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I sent you a friend request. If you want to get up to 80, feel free to send help requests over whenever you want. I should be able to catch a lot of them.

Thanks, you are too awesome.

So strong @____@

I know the feeling, I was looking forward to this demon raid thinking 150 was a dead set, as it is I'm suffering just getting past 100. I've had an easier time in the previous raid with a weaker team than I have in this raid with a far stronger team :/

That's the unfortunate thing, if they didn't greatly increase the HP and difficulty, the ranks do ramp up in difficulty at a reasonable rate.

It is funny that I have a team that could essentially beat the game, but I am struggling just to get past 60-ish :(

This demon raid is very discouraging. At first I thought I can reach higher level thus hopefully break the curse of no extra demon. However the buffed HP and the same RNGesus just shatter my dream

Same here, I only got one Gold Chest in all the invades, and that was during the Armilus raid.

Top Bottom