• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

CHAYjBZU8AID04r.jpg:large

This was such a roundabout way for me to get one of the knight buffers.

Only need to use knights 2000 more times to get Wayne!

It wouldn't be so surprising for global to finally get V2.

I mean you guys are all caught up story wise and are just mostly missing events and a couple of demons.

Of course if they do give out V2 before going through all the V1 event, look forward to buffed up demon raids and other events :D

Ted you handsome bastard, thanks for the help with lvl 100. That was a fast response! She's got that lovely 1hp bug I hear so much about though.

Quixzlizx

Ted you handsome bastard, thanks for the help with lvl 100. That was a fast response! She's got that lovely 1hp bug I hear so much about though.

At least you can just use another soul and finish her off, now. It used to be that you were screwed and had to start over again.

Teddified

Np, not using the souls for anything else anyway. Too bad you got the 1 hp bug but it seems like a non issue seeing how much time is still left on the Demon.

Well that's a relief.

Oh hey they put up Filiana's chain story, guess I'll have something to work on for the week as well as the side story. The question is now whether I want 3 rings on the Julianna banner or tomorrow's one. I have zero faith Gumi will adjust the rates if V2 is actually coming soon.

Aki-at

Missed finishing off the level 114 demon by 4362hp... Ouch : <

Getting v2 would be brilliant, stories done and there's not much else left in terms of content other than the sidestory and quests.

That and I need to spend my 350k arcana's on something, I've been waiting for the promised land too long ;__;

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Well, the raid is almost over and it looks like the help requests have died out. I ended up stopping at 120. Still haven't gotten an extra demon copy, but I went in expecting that so it's not much of a disappointment.

Looks like I ended up getting about 115 rings in total from chests/coins, so that was nice. Almost have enough for my last copy of Trystan now.

Thanks for all the help, you have been a Godsend to me in this raid.

If you weren't around, I would have given up by level 60 :)

Kettch

Thanks for all the help, you have been a Godsend to me in this raid.

If you weren't around, I would have given up by level 60 :)

No problem, I'll be checking in tonight if you want to keep going to 80.

Unfortunate that we've gotten the 1hp bug a couple times now.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
No problem, I'll be checking in tonight if you want to keep going to 80.

Unfortunate that we've gotten the 1hp bug a couple times now.

Yeah, that damn bug.

I swear if we didn't have that bug (and I didn't have to cover Ninja-con on Saturday), we would have hit 80 by now. We can try for it, though at best I can do only 200,000 or 300,000 hp damage.

BJK

If I couldn't get more than 1 extra copy of the demon...at least I picked up around 140 rings this past 8 days. (Some of that was dailies, gauntlet, & login bonuses, but I've tried keeping those in the gift box just to get a sense for my progress.)

I remember buying Deed back in February after the Coro raid, because I wanted to be ready for AG. I'd like to think she paid me back this week. Now I'm hoping Trystan will do the same. Since I'm sitting fairly comfortable to MLB Frau, I decided Trystan was my best option to diversify on weapon types. Even if he is my 3rd-best soldier behind Coro LB3 and Selene LB3, he's my best sword carrier by a wide margin (since Juliana has the Volunteer Sword, next-best for sword raids fell to LB3 Harukai). Now it's time to grind dailies & chain quests to see if I can still splurge on Paloma's XP boost.

Not sure if I'm throwing tickets at Chain Story Fest 3 (don't like that 2 of the 4 featured characters don't have story chains...so since I already have Filiana's CSQ, it's Musika or hope for one of the non-featured arcana).

Rixa

If some of you are interested there is new F2P game coming in few days to OBT (it was CBT). Release is 11.6.2015, its South East Asia version, in english (with "some" engrish there).

Merc Storia.
MS/Ujoy FB pages
Steparus MS (JP version of game) pages
Game should come to IOS also same day (11.6).

Rerolling might be a must, since drop rate is bad.

Rixa said:
1 pull is 5 diamonds, 10 pulls costs 45. Always do 10 pulls. I made 2x10 pulls in CBT, got 18x 2* (Rare) units and 2x3* (High rare). Rates are low, prolly lower than GCC.
Here are some CBT pics. Just to show how game looks, dunno if they nerf game values to OBT.

Screenshot_2015-05-28-09-05-23.png
Screenshot_2015-05-28-09-26-38.png

Screenshot_2015-05-28-09-18-21.png
Screenshot_2015-05-28-10-04-06.png

Screenshot_2015-05-28-10-04-27.png
Screenshot_2015-06-06-11-36-27.png

Screenshot_2015-06-06-12-15-48.png
Screenshot_2015-06-06-12-15-57.png

Screenshot_2015-06-06-12-21-09.png
Screenshot_2015-06-06-11-47-31.png

Screenshot_2015-05-28-10-02-22.png

In Merc Storia rarity goes (as far as I know)

1* Normal
2* Rare
3* High Rare
4* Super Rare
5* ???
Havent seen one and google didnt help either :p

From Merc Storia FB page:
MS said:
Thank you so much for joining the CBT journey with mary.Just wait for the OBT in June 11th.
&#55357;&#56584;&#55357;&#56584;&#55357;&#56584;The CBT ends on June 8th.After the end of CBT, players' data will be deleted and all game data will be wiped.
&#55357;&#56584;&#55357;&#56584;&#55357;&#56584;The server will be under maintenance till the OBT release,players can't login the game through the old APK file during this period.
&#55357;&#56584;&#55357;&#56584;&#55357;&#56584;In the meantime,our develop team will fix the bugs and optimize the game for OBT. Special thanks to those players who reported bugs and feedback and gave suggestion.
&#55357;&#56584;&#55357;&#56584;&#55357;&#56584;The OBT Q&A will be announced soon. Stay tuned.

If some of you are interested there is new F2P game coming in few days to OBT (it was CBT). Release is 11.6.2015, its South East Asia version, in english (with "some" engrish there).

I'll check this out. It's always fun to jump in at the start of the bandwagon. Is someone making an OT already?

Azusa

Merc Storia.
MS/Ujoy FB pages
Steparus MS (JP version of game) pages
Game should come to IOS also same day (11.6).

Rerolling might be a must, since drop rate is bad.

I read at 4chan that its impossible reroll in merc storia and gatcha rates are so bad that people who play jp version more than a year didn't have super rare cards.

Eh, no surprised this whole 5 million downloads event isn't winning people over in JPCC. It is good for leveling characters and weapons though. Just not much more than that.

It's also no surprise all the events in JPCC this month is basically trying to wring out as much pysrma as possible, lol

two gatchas with exclusive characters
the return of the V2 characters
a new demon raid
there's still also the seiyuu selection characters to be released

"Doubt CC will survive long at this rate"

lol, they make 500 million a month, that's not stopping because of some forum posts

Slightly off topic but isn't global CC pretty "low" in the highest grossing apps list. In the google play store it's only ranked ~350 while all the other popular gacha-rpgs are confidently in the top 200.

Gumi is probably still making bank considering how big the mobile market is though.

Rixa

I read at 4chan that its impossible reroll in merc storia and gatcha rates are so bad that people who play jp version more than a year didn't have super rare cards.

I didnt try rerolling in CBT so I dunno if it works in OBT.
From this Merc Storia FB group for English players, mentions its possible?.
1) Re-rolling 1st unit
This means uninstalling and reinstalling the game again and again and hope for a better diamond unit at the start of the game.
You can only pull up to a 3 Stars unit for the very first free unit they give you in the game (Jap version).
If you are serious about playing this game, you should aim for a decent ranged dps, tank or a healer that are in the following list:
*As of 24/5/2015
^^ So it might be that you can only reroll for 3* Or try to play game littlebit more, when you can use your diamonds for 3-5* pulls.

Slightly off topic but isn't global CC pretty "low" in the highest grossing apps list. In the google play store it's only ranked ~350 while all the other popular gacha-rpgs are confidently in the top 200.

Gumi is probably still making bank considering how big the mobile market is though.

I posted this earlier to thread (end of March):
Mmoculture.comgumi &#8211; Brave Frontier publisher to lay off around 100 employees

MMOCulture said:
Gumi announced plans to lay off about 11 percent (around 100) of its employees and that it would also sell two of its gaming assets. This follows the loss of USD 5 million for the fiscal year and the corruption in South Korea.

Corruption?

Kettch

That's a lot of URs in there with Musica. Even though Cheery is nice too, any slight interest I had to try this one is gone now.

Azusa

If V2 is very soon. You should check kizuna ability of the arcana you want to sell first. Some of them are good to keep.

Gizuko

@jpCC: I noticed the 5AP increase for the rings quests earlier and it hurt, really. Didn't expect it, and its a shitty move. On the bright side they did it 1-2 days before the end of the event, so that's that - don't even know why they bothered for 2 days at most, and it also seems even the drop rate is worse.

Fatima is good, as that post explained, in fact, is a team-wide buffer, with a 3 mana skill that can hit for about 30k-40k and seems to pierce during the whole duration (it's a channeled beam). Still, I expected so much more out of her. I hoped she would dethrone Cheery in many ways but... well, you can't just compete with a 2-mana 3x3 AoE that deals 12k damage and has a knockback effect, with a 3-mana lazor.

As for the demon... I actually like her art, but damn, she is far too similar to AG, don't know how they risked it, specially now that gCC is around AG's.

Let's see how Sega handles all this, I'm starting to get burnt myself, hope they DID fix the subjugation event, that'd be the last straw, really.

--------------------------

As for global, thank you guys, managed to get to 85 thanks to all your high-leveled Selenes. No luck with neither drops nor the DC recruit, though.

Aki-at

"Doubt CC will survive long at this rate"

lol, they make 500 million a month, that's not stopping because of some forum posts

Just unfortunately dissatisfied customers. We've been treated far worse and we're still here :(

(Plus the anime is around the corner, I expect that to give it a nice boost too.)

...there are OVAs?

Yeah. I watched it in bad quality and without subs though.

Every episode is like 5 minutes, the first one is some boring introduction. The others all cover an individual characters chain story.

Nimpha and Lindsey's episodes were the only ones that are worth watching without subs. Let's say that you don't need to understand what's going on to enjoy those.

O7pfPbZ.png

Some high quality artwork

Others are mostly boring: Juliana, that edgy mage guy and Kiki all have one.

The best thing about the OVA's is that every conversation still gets interrupted by combat.

Aki-at

Oh yeah, when's that coming up?

With the generic story and the animation quality of the OVA's I'm not expecting much though.

No idea, SEGA hasn't given a solid release date, I've only found the director is Takeshi Mori. I'm always surprised SEGA outsources most of their media projects though since they own both Marza and TMS.

(Also it bothered me immensely that Alundra looked like a teenager/women in her early 20s than someone in her 30s.)

...there are OVAs?

Adding to what Kenji said, it was shown off in cinemas to market the game. Nothing particularly great about it really but I'm willing to give the anime a chance when it rolls out.

Gizuko

2nd Mustapha @jpCC... I don't even know if I want to LB this one, he has no buffs and he is only good in a gold farming party, I don't need him Lb'en for that.

garath

Finished Adelle's chain story today and got my Lilith the Dawn Cane. The healing is incredible now. I can't wait to try some harder content. She's level 49 or something now. I am getting very close to finishing her, then have to work on Trystan and Phoena to unlock her quest and get my butt handed to me.

I still cant' decide if I'm going to try pulling for Musika or not. I think I used up all my luck on Lilith.

Quixzlizx

So I used up my 6 tickets this morning... 9 rings, Hassan, and 2x Cleora.

Cleora would be way better if her treasure ability stacked with Nimpha's, but I guess she's a good Cheery substitute, since I don't have her. I would've rather just pulled Cheery though, lol.

Couldn't Gumi at least have given me Jedah with one of my 3* pulls?

Fishious

Spent my six tickets and got:
ring x 9
Cleora x 2
Musica x 1

I'm more than satisfied with my gacha pulls. I ended the recent demon raid with 3 copies of Aelle which isn't too shabby, especially considering I stopped shortly after rank 100. On most raids after I hit a wall I'll do requests and help my alt rank up for the additional coins, but I wasn't feeling it this time. As others have said, the HP increase was ridiculous and it really put a damper on my usual enthusiasm for raids.

Considering we got this raid out of order and many people had Selene, I won't say an HP increase was totally out of the question, but the amount they added was absurd. More than anything it harms new and casual players since Gumi is tweaking the difficulty based on the teams of a few hardcore players.

garath

Spent my six tickets and got:
ring x 9
Cleora x 2
Musica x 1

I'm more than satisfied with my gacha pulls. I ended the recent demon raid with 3 copies of Aelle which isn't too shabby, especially considering I stopped shortly after rank 100. On most raids after I hit a wall I'll do requests and help my alt rank up for the additional coins, but I wasn't feeling it this time. As others have said, the HP increase was ridiculous and it really put a damper on my usual enthusiasm for raids.

Considering we got this raid out of order and many people had Selene, I won't say an HP increase was totally out of the question, but the amount they added was absurd. More than anything it harms new and casual players since Gumi is tweaking the difficulty based on the teams of a few hardcore players.

Damn! Nice pulls. Unfortunately I didn't get any extra demons myself. I agree with your sentiments on the raid. The size of the hp increase was such that ONLY people with Selenes were going to succeed (or maybe MLB deeds too? Dunno). It was pretty harsh.

garath

Spent 3 tickets. All 3* ring fodder. At least I got a new ally out of it. I'm going to save my last 2 tickets for a couple days from now. The cynic in me says the whales are out day 1 and maybe that rate is a tiny bit nerfed :p

Quixzlizx

That was my one chance to get Musica, I'm guessing :lol Maybe once the meta becomes dancer-centric, I'll have Musica friends during raids instead of 30 raid weapon friends.

Gizuko

Woooooo just beat the lvl70 free quest with my mono-mage team! It's a shame I didn't get all 4 chests (specially since my Minoa team lost earlier and I'm not confident Cheery will pull this twice) but I got Fatima's wand from the challenge mission!

I also pulled Fatima earlier. I'm on a lucky streak! - except in gCC, where I only get rings :D!

Woooooo just beat the lvl70 free quest with my mono-mage team! It's a shame I didn't get all 4 chests (specially since my Minoa team lost earlier and I'm not confident Cheery will pull this twice) but I got Fatima's wand from the challenge mission!

I also pulled Fatima earlier. I'm on a lucky streak! - except in gCC, where I only get rings :D!

:O

Congrats!

I tried the new quest before the level 70 one and got wrecked so not going to try and get Fatima's wand, lol

also, grats on not being a junior anymore

Top Bottom