• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Kettch

182 ap into the advanced quest and no 4th chest yet. Think I'm getting close to the point where this will have not been worthwhile compared to just running SoB.

Vecks

I think it should change one month from now. Then again, I'm not sure.

A wild rafalgar just popped up in a golden chest (stage 14), so you might want to wait before expending points for him.

It seems this has turned into a full-blown DR, I feel disappointed and relieved at the same time.

It looks like they change every two months. Runo (the last one) went from March to May so Candice will go from May to July.

Huh, didn't expect to already get a copy so quickly. Got him from the 9th set of stages (fixed drop). I guess MLB him shouldn't be that hard, already got 2/5 copies needed, lol

Though, suddenly needing three parties shows how I only really have one good healer. My second team is getting by with per wave heals and my third hastily put together team is more of a suicidal team

Thanks. Looks I still have about half a month then. I'm not hopeful, but I'll persevere anyway.

garath

I almost forgot that I still have the Furnace Blade, it's a shame that it lowers Selene's attack a bit.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that thing too.

How much attack does she have at 50? Mine's at 36 and she already has 5100k attack, meaning between 36 and 60, she will gain 1300 attack.. It's most likely not necessary to have her at 60 to attempt that quest.

5915 right now at 50. I probably could leave her here and work on phoena now. I already feel how strong she is.

Going further in this subjugation event I can already see how event character dependent it'll become if you want to make any progress in obtaining the rewards.

Even more than the tower and demon raids where you can just get one to really carry you, here where you have to make multiple parties, you probably need at least one per party and I'm already reaching three and I'm only at level 13.

Will be crazy (and probably impossible for me) if they up the requirement to four parties lol

And then, decided to spend the stockpiled tickets I had:
CHR37TIWsAEu9lT.jpg:large
CHR37wBWoAAbIV6.jpg:large

Well then, with Rafaga, I guess I really can have three parties with an event character in them lol

bonkeng

Going further in this subjugation event I can already see how event character dependent it'll become if you want to make any progress in obtaining the rewards.

Even more than the tower and demon raids where you can just get one to really carry you, here where you have to make multiple parties, you probably need at least one per party and I'm already reaching three and I'm only at level 13.

Will be crazy (and probably impossible for me) if they up the requirement to four parties lol

And then, decided to spend the stockpiled tickets I had:

Well then, with Rafaga, I guess I really can have three parties with an event character in them lol

Is that Robby? *4 star robby?

desverger

New Global exclusive arcana!

Yep, this time she'll be in recruitment though. Along with Mei.

I guess that's allright!

Anyway, the new unit is a buff mage called Rino. Her active is a 20% attack/10% defense boost to the party. It doesn't seem like a dance; instead it's like like Juliana's active skill.

Gizuko

Yeah, some cards have gotten an better/extra version, I'll dig back in this thread to find the others.

Edit:

Actually, yukata versions aren't better. They have slight redesigns, but in some cases they are actually worse.

They are all about the art, really.

Actually, yukata versions aren't better. They have slight redesigns, but in some cases they are actually worse.

They are all about the art, really.

That's a shame since I really like them.
I'd rather have a smaller cast of characters with multiple versions than another GenericAnimeDesign#472.

garath

I hate these goblin quests. Drop rate is so small.

On the bright side, with Lilith I can auto battle it this time. Hooray.

Rixa

I hate these goblin quests. Drop rate is so small.

On the bright side, with Lilith I can auto battle it this time. Hooray.

After 3 runs I decided toss Nimpha away and run full mage party. Worked well and it took about 8 (total) runs to take 15 (wtf) prysma reward.

garath

After 3 runs I decided toss Nimpha away and run full mage party. Worked well and it took about 8 (total) runs to take 15 (wtf) prysma reward.

I stuck with the Nimpha just because I can auto battle it regardless. Ended up taking 5 or 6 runs. Not terrible this time around. Was disheartening getting only the first chest on the first 3 runs though.

Quixzlizx

I've done about 5 runs so far, only 1st and 2nd chests. I gave up on them the first time around, but this week I don't really have anyplace I need to spend my AP.

BJK

Anyone finish Black Fog urgent quest? What's the reward?

The Lv. 50-something one? A 4* Archer Enhancer, if memory serves.
It also opens up two 1AP quests, with extremely high drop rates; 1 gives gold rewards, the other also has a 10 Prysma reward for completing. (Everyone I've heard from says you clear the free quests with your first run; I know I did.)

My less than optimal teams are starting to fall apart on stage 18. :|

Definitely starting to see what's going to be my limit in the subjugation event now.

I guess I'll just start farming points now.

Gizuko

My less than optimal teams are starting to fall apart on stage 18. :|

Definitely starting to see what's going to be my limit in the subjugation event now.

I guess I'll just start farming points now.

Difficulty ramps up quickly, stage 26 are 4 lvl60 quests already (40 stages total).

Still, I hope powering up will do the trick, the points rewards are quite good.

So what happens to the normal versions you already have? Do they get upgraded to the better versions or are they just treated as separate arcana and have to?

Treated separate but I believe you can't have two of them on the same team? I can try if I ever pull up a Robby again haha

You'll have to get them again, lol

These newsets of V2 are all from the gatcha. The V2 for the Hero and the first set of characters that join you are from quests.

So what happens to the normal versions you already have? Do they get upgraded to the better versions or are they just treated as separate arcana and have to?

I don't play JpCC so take this with a grain of salt.
Separate Arcana's. I think you can only have one of a character in you party though. So you can't make a party with the 4* and 5* Toka's.

Difficulty ramps up quickly, stage 26 are 4 lvl60 quests already (40 stages total).

Still, I hope powering up will do the trick, the points rewards are quite good.

Had my first loss at stage 19 lol

Mages ended up destroying my warriors haha

But, it does seem that if you lose, you just need to do the rest of the battles on the map, then you can use one soul and you can go back to any of the unfinished battles, right where you were before with any team you have.

This definitely sounds like a good idea to cheese through the harder stages, especially since I can probably get by with using one extra soul.

Well until they start forcing 4 team maps at me, haha

Gizuko

Both KenjiGlove and Dakkumauji are correct. Still, seeing as many V2-related features aren't quite clear yet, I'll expand a bit upon some of them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gacha an economy changes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gacha rate. All related changes are widely known (do take into account, however, that they might have been introduced due to Japanese Laws on gachapon mobages and thus might not affect gCC's v2).

AC and FR gacha. Both pretty well known:

• AC gacha: Allows you to wast... use. Use 2000 AC to pull for the current month¡s FR character - FR still stay for 2 months, but are only featured in the gacha the month they are released. The main reason though, is that even if you don't get the FR arcana, you will get either a 3* weapon/class enhancer, a 3* weapon (I actually need to check this one up, have not come across any lately) or a 3* character arcana.
    Rare characters have the highest rate, though, so it's a reliable way to get 3FRs and the main reason dailies suck until you get to Book 2 dailies.
  • FR gacha: For just 5 FR you get to pull for some "more-than-FR-exchange-arcanas-less-than-tavern-arcanas" arcanas. They are hard to get, though. 500+ rings to MLB is no exageration (no need to plan ahead, though, v2 has plenty of ways to get rings).
    The rest of the prices are: 2*, 3*, 4* class enhancer arcana, 2*,3* weapon enhancer arcana, 3* weapon arcana and 3* character arcana.

Mission/challenge system. Adds both petty and mighty challenges alike. Quite straightforward. They aren't repeatable and sometimes have more than 1 tier or difficulty (IE: first kill 50 mobs, get the reward, then the next tier needs 100 kills and offers a better reward). There are two types:

• Normal missions: Use this arcana type X times. Manage to perform a LB X times. Win X quests with Y type of weapon in the team. Get the last hit with an X class arcana. - you get the drift.
    They reward you with prysma, rings, weapon enhancers, premium tickets and SR and UR arcana. To name a few: Dannady, Wayne, Elemia, Arietta. These missions require you to include X arcana class in your team during an obscene number of missions - the number won't reset if you don't include them, though. Sub-party and guest members count.
    The missions that reward characters take an obscene amount of battles. For Dannady, which is the level 4 (out of 5) knight mission, you need to clear a total of 3620 battles. Wayne needs a total of 13620, lol

Take note of Alliance (like the above, but with ALL classes at the same time in the team) and Hunt missions. Hunt missions require you to kill X enemies of Y class -ie: 50 goblins- and the reward is always prysma. Up to 5 stones in jpCC (50 prysma).

I'll expand on daily missions later, but keep in mind for now there are weekly missions and that they always award you with 10 prysma. They usually require you to get 3 mana from slots 5 times, fight 5 times on X type of battlefield.
  • Event missions: They are time-gated as they only appear during events, and they challenge you to take on some of the event's Free Quests (FQ) with a spin. IE: "Do over 300k damage to a single enemy. "Congratulations, musika owners. - a salty Roxanna user.
    They are 100% optional unless you want that f***ing 4* wand that is event-gated and requires you to complete a lvl70 FQ with a mono-mage team and no revives. They are tons of fun, though, even if frustrating.

Condition-restricted FQ. Max. team cost, limited classes, fixed helpers (special guests), no revives (stuff of nightmares, I tell you).

Ways to get rings and new dailies. So, before I said that v2 is far more generous with FR than v1, and here is why:

• They added a ton of missions that reward rings. Awakening (LB) missions reward an obscene amount of rings, for example.
  • Daily missions: You can do them wherever. Usually require you to finish with a special, deliver the killing blow with X class, etc. They award 1 ring and are, uh, daily.
  • Book 2 dailies: 30 ap lvl 51 quest. Same rotation as current dailies (still there at Dawning), butwith a high chance of giving you at least 1 3* class enhancer (CE). I think exact drops were 2* CE, 3* CE, 3* CE, 3* weapon enhancer (WE). Weekend dailies net you a crapload of gold.
  • Challenge gacha - covered.
  • Tavern rares. What did you expect, when they give you a lot of prysma and tickets for free?

Monthly FR exchange character quests. Easier, 25AP version of Mei's quest, during a month. Final reward is the featured FR exchange arcana (the 70 FR ones), and you actually fight him or her during the last wave. Completion reward is 10 prysma**.

** Sega went full retard when they introduced this and switched the FR character and the completion reward. In other words, you could farm 10 prysma, but only get 1 FR arcana at most.

New mechanics and card/weapon types
Kizuna. You can bind one arcana to another, getting a hefty stat boost at the very least.
Mandatory conditions:
  • Arcana needs to be lvl40 before you can equip them onto another - the arcana that actually fights has no lvl restriction.
Non-mandatory conditions:
  • Both arcana are from the same region/tavern - small extra stat boost.
  • Both arcana are of the same class - Kizuna ability* activates.
*kizuna ability is the actual skill that gets passed down from the one arcana to the other. IE: UR Hero's sub-party boost only activates if he is equipped to a warrior.

For kizuna:
- You gain a stat boost if the kizuna character is from the same tavern (holy capital, mage tower, soul island, etc) as the one it is being equipped to.
- You gain more extra stats the higher leveled the kizuna character is.
- Gets unlocked after clearing chapter 2.
Regarding unlocking of kizuna, I don't remember if it was ch.2 or 3, I'm pretty sure it is the chapter that indroduces
Lake of Sand
, after all the events in
Sage's tower and North colony
, though.

Kizunas can be swapped, but you can't equip character A onto character B AND have character A fighting in the same team. They also add to the total party cost. Usually, but not always*:
  • 1&2*: +1 AP**.
  • 3*: +2 AP.
  • 4*: +3 AP.
  • 5*: +4 AP.
* I kind of recall some lower tier arcana having +1 increased party cost (SR with +4 cost), but don't quote me on this, since none of my current kizuna-able characters actually seem to behave this way.
** Keeping the starters for kizuna: Kaim, Michidia and Marina have reduced party cost (8 AP each), and most of the time they can find a place in your party. I f they don't, however, keep in mind they have poison/stun inmunity, Kaim and Marina, and their v1 versions can be cheaply Kizuna'd to avoid poison/stun.

Weapon swapping. Weapons still get soul-bound, but you have 3 slots. 3 slots, 3 different weapons - they don't share upgrade points, either.

Elemental damage reduction. You no longer get a 50% damage penalty when hitting ice enemies with ice weapons/attacks.

New arcana types.
Warriors:
  • Grapplers: use hand weapons, hit for less but more quickly. Most top tier DPS warriors are grapplers, and they are mostly found in book 2, namely, Beast Island (they have animal ears too!).
Archers:
  • Gunners: quickly fire 3 times, then reload during a long time - except enemy gunners. Plough those Prison Island wh*resons.
  • Marksmen/snipers: Use riffles. Are slower but stronger versions of gunners. Newest markswoman Candice actually fires just once before reloading, but does so faster and has higher firepower.

V2 Arcanas. Stronger v2-ready versions of popular v1 arcana. Either different or the same abilities/skill ones with a spin - IE: Minimo's v2 activated skill doesn't penetrate but heals the whole team for the full damage done. One of her abilities heals twice (most injured, highest level arcana on the field) for a high %, while the other increases exp gained and has a chance to restore 20-25%AP.

They are 100% independent, though, and neither having one implies requires you to have the other, nor is the abilities' unlocking related. At all..
Exceptions:
  • One instance of this rule of the thumb being broken was during the previous subjugation event, where Sega gifted a v1 version of whatever v2 character you pulled from the fest as compesation for ploughing up the difficulty AND the rewards of said event.
  • The other one exception are all 3 companions; Michidia, Kaim and Marina. You can get them without as much as having a copy of their v1 version, but you need to unlock their v1 abilities AND finish their weapon quests before being able to take on the v2 abilities quests.
    These three are a main story mission reward each, actually.

Demon Raid changes
Fixed Demon pull after X demon recruit pulls. Number of pulls varied during fine tuning, seems to be 200, 400, Nthousand recently, so about 600 pulls for LB3 without any drop.

Maximum number of stored souls. 6, vs 3 in global. Vigor fruit still recovers 3 of them.

3-souls option. Less time per round (~120s vs 190s in gCC), but doubles HP and Attack stats of all your characters. Just imagine Selene's Max. chain attack with doubled stats. Beautiful.

I think this covers a lot of what v2 has to offer, though you could probably find all this using a bit of google-fu. It is based on my own experience in jpCC, so expect things to be a bit different during the beginning of gCCs v2, since I haven't played since that long ago.

Do tell me if anything isn't clear, or if I missed something you want exlpained. Also excuse my english, since it is not my first language.

desverger

Both KenjiGlove and Dakkumauji are correct. Still, seeing as many V2-related features aren't quite clear yet, I'll expand a bit upon some of them.

That was actually a very nice, consolidated writeup of the v2 changes. Thanks a lot!

I really hope global gets v2 soon.

Beautiful list.

Some amends/comments from the top:

From what I heard, the regular 10 pull of arcana coins can also net you (probably extremely rarely) the FR character of the month too.

Yes, the 2k pull can net you pretty much 3 star of anything, character, weapon, enhancer. Getting a weapon is probably the worst.

The fortune ring gacha also coughs up crap, lol
No other characters, but any level enhancer (imagine getting a gold car and it ends up being an enhancer :E), weapons or weapon upgrades.

The missions that reward characters take an obscene amount of battles. For Dannady, which is the level 4 (out of 5) knight mission, you need to clear a total of 3620 battles. Wayne needs a total of 13620, lol

For kizuna:
- You gain a stat boost if the kizuna character is from the same tavern (holy capital, mage tower, soul island, etc) as the one it is being equipped to.
- You gain more extra stats the higher leveled the kizuna character is.
- Gets unlocked after clearing chapter 2 I think.

Really good writeup. What are those subjugation events though?

Think of it as a mix of tower and demon raid events.

You need to use souls to enter a map.

Each map has 2 to 4 battles.

Each party you have can only partake in one battle. Your characters can't partake in more than one battle as well. You can use souls to recharge this restriction after all battles have been done on the map.

You get points for clearing battles. You gain rewards for clearing maps and for reaching point totals.

You can use the points for a large variety of items (past FR characters, items, tickets) or toss them into a gatcha for a chance to get the featured SR character.

Gizuko

Thank you all, will correct these soon (it's getting late here) and reformat it, for some reason the list command got all jacked up and listed things that were only follow-ups instead of separate points.

Had my first loss at stage 19 lol

Mages ended up destroying my warriors haha

But, it does seem that if you lose, you just need to do the rest of the battles on the map, then you can use one soul and you can go back to any of the unfinished battles, right where you were before with any team you have.

This definitely sounds like a good idea to cheese through the harder stages, especially since I can probably get by with using one extra soul.

Well until they start forcing 4 team maps at me, haha

Yup, I think I'll end up cheesing through them. It seems the golden hen/whistle/whatever has a fever time effect as well, so getting to the last stages could net a hefty amount of points.

Really good writeup. What are those subjugation events though?

They were introduced earlier this year. Basically, you divide all you arcanas in up to 4 teams (cannot use a single arcana in multiple teams/battles) and send each team to battle. Things start easy - only two teams with low-level quests- but get out of hand really soon.

The first instance used a day/night system, where night was basically 1:30h punishment for not completing all quests of a stage. You could also force night to power up your teams, though this didn't happen when night was caused by a failure. Each victory would give you points and you could them spend them to buy prizes -- point-prices where bullshit, though.

The current event, though, is a better version that's basically a demon raid without demon (Rafalgar would be the demon arcana, but he doesn't try to kill you), it even uses an orb system similar to DRs. You can also spend points for rewards, but some rewards are fixed, and prices are a bit more OKish, since you get more points.

Edit:
Very nice writeup!

So you don't need the original v1 characters to get their upgraded v2 version? Specifically talking about the starters - Kain, Marina, etc. I've been holding onto them all this time lol.

You don't, you only need to have their quests completed so that you can start their v2 counterpart's quests - they are useful, though, as cheap kizuna (I actually need to explain kizuna cost as well, went right over my head).

garath

Very nice writeup!

So you don't need the original v1 characters to get their upgraded v2 version? Specifically talking about the starters - Kain, Marina, etc. I've been holding onto them all this time lol.

Very nice writeup!

Just for the starters, Kain, Marina, that archer girl, you will need to complete their level 40 quests in order to unlock their V2's first quest.

I believe you don't actually need to have a copy of them to unlock their V2's though.

Aki-at

Excellent write up there! Makes me very excited for version 2.

For all intents and purposes, it pretty much is Chain Chronicle 2.

Quixzlizx

I finished chapter 10 when I woke up this morning, so I spent the rest of day collecting 1* and 2* arcana from free quests and doing their prysma quests. I just hit 100p a few minutes ago, made a couple of pulls, and the second one was Musica!

The past couple of weeks have really built up my ranged units. I've gotten Aelle, Cleora, Tigre, and now Musica, and I'm planning on LB0'ing Paloma (or whatever her name is) and MLB'ing Frau.

And Gizuko, thanks for all of that detailed information regarding v2.

Gizuko

Thank you all for the positive feedback! It's nice to know it was helpful.

Newsflash @jpCC!
There's a second fixed Rafalgar reward for completing the 30th stage (don't know if there is a third since I stopped at stage 30). You might want to wait before spending any points in the fes (30k points down the drain for me, getting tickets now) or in any other way, really, remember Rafalgar has obscene attack (10400) and increased critical damage (1.5x -> 2x). And don't get me started on that 20x skill.

Also, regarding the gold whistle/hen:
Bravely time (fever time) lasts 20 min, increases attack/hp and points gained, which is all good and all but! it seems it doesn't consume brave points (orbs) while in effect. Use this to cheese the pirate encounters in stages 14 to 17 with ALL your event characters in a single team. Seems people are getting millions of points this way.

According to CC over at C-C-Forum:
Any mission within "part 8" should work (missions 14-17) since they share the same battle table. If you're really speedy you can get a good 20 runs in.. the pirate battle (船上の戦い/Battle on the Ship) always appears in the same location on the map, the lower left corner near the center of the marker lines on the ocean (careful, the clione mission is near that area too!) So you tap the button to enter, and if the battle isn't there in the ocean, quickly tap the camp and hit exit, then change to a different difficulty in the same part to try again (since you can't really "reset" a mission per se, you can just abandon your current one to start a different difficulty level).

The original advice, by zgmfx09a:
As such, it is recommended to use the gold kfc at stages with the pirate quest. Easy stages recommended for doing so is stage 15 and 16. After that, all you have to do is simply to spam the stage till a pirate quest appears. Then, clear the stage with your event team. When you are done, don't bother doing the rest of the quest, change the stage difficulty to exit the stage. Rinse and repeat.

You can read more on this here.

I'll post more info on this later today once I have tested it properly.

Edit: it works. 200-350k points per golden hen, I'm at 550k right now, don't know wether to MLB Lindsey or get all the available tickets. Lindsey is a bit dated right now, but has a decent airshield skill.

chrono01

GCC Goblin quest made it easy. Just use 2x speed and place your units and wait.

Todays reward is 20 Prysma (took 2 runs to get it).
I just went all out with my Soldier team, with an occasion heal in-between. Getting all four chests to drop was frustrating [especially that last chest], but for 50 Prysma [15 x2, and then the final one for 20], I can't really complain.

Aki-at

It really took me less than a few runs to get all the chest drops for all the quests this week. Bit surprised I wasn't having the same problems as everyone else.

Kettch

I tried one fight and easily smoked an Alundra team. Beating the AI looks just as easy here as in the gauntlet, though your mana will be limited.

The system looks pretty stupid to me though. You swap positions with the person you beat, and the rankings only count at the end of the day. So the only thing you want to do with this is try to snipe as high a spot as possible right at the end of the day. Not sure if Gumi thought this through very well.

EDIT: Oh, wait. I just claimed my reward while in position 34 and got the rewards for that sent to my gift box. So you can claim your spot whenever you want? That makes things a lot nicer and even easier to abuse. Wish I'd gone up to the top spot before clicking that. But ah well.

Oreoleo

The new quest with gold card reward glitched on me. 3rd stage, last wave, no enemies came out and I have to quit from the menu. Goodbye 10 AP. Does anyone test these things?

And the chests aren't guaranteed. When it glitched I'd had a blue chest drop but the 2nd time through it was nowhere to be seen. Bogus.

Top Bottom