• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

I've got number 1 in my sights, let's just destroy this poser and claim my prysma.

Edit:
BEclPfkh.jpg

Seems like the ranks reset and I only got to challenge Rank 3. Cashed out early because I'm afraid of dropping down.

Sweet.

Kettch

Maybe the rewards are just bugged on the first day here, since there were no previous rankings. The info pretty clearly states that you should get rewards based on your final ranking of the previous day.

Or they just completely screwed it up, which is highly possible.

bonkeng

The new quest with gold card reward glitched on me. 3rd stage, last wave, no enemies came out and I have to quit from the menu. Goodbye 10 AP. Does anyone test these things?

And the chests aren't guaranteed. When it glitched I'd had a blue chest drop but the 2nd time through it was nowhere to be seen. Bogus.

Got the same bug. Have 2 blue chests but the mission won't ever stop.

Did you try again?

Oreoleo

Got the same bug. Have 2 blue chests but the mission won't ever stop.

Did you try again?
Yeah I was able to finish it when I retried. No blue chests though :/

The other 1AP quests I can't even start. get an error message of some sort.

And 150 prysma from the colosseum holy moses

Seems like the real winners of this event are those who can play at the very start of a new day. RIP whoever lives in a bad timezone
#EuropePrivelege

I hope this won't change.

Does it mean we can only play coliseum 5x per day? Like gauntlet is 1/1, coliseum has 5/5 counter.

Yeah you get 5 tries to reach Rank one. I think that it's best to just rush all of your battles at the last moment to reach a high rank. Then pray that you won't drop down before the day turns over. Or just claim it. We'll see tommorow how all of that works out.

Yaari

Don't like Coloseum in that you cant ever challenge the #1 since you will drop down ranks before the 5 minutes are over that refreshes your status. Bleh.

Aki-at

Claimed my reward before I started battling.

Oh well, now I know for tomorrow.

Between this and Gauntlet I am going to be drowning in prysma. Depend to spend some cash just because of the good will!

Rixa

Claimed my reward before I started battling.

Oh well, now I know for tomorrow.

Between this and Gauntlet I am going to be drowning in prysma. Depend to spend some cash just because of the good will!

This was first day. Tomorrow might be somehow based our ranks today. So tomorrow it can be so that when you claim your rank reward you get it based for yesterday. Dunno tho how it determines who is actually first :p.
I only lose my nerves in Gauntlet so wont bother with it at all.

Last week was brilliant. During the week I managed to make 4 pulls.

Monday - Aida (LB2 now)
Friday - Musica \o_
Sunday - Lilo
Sunday - Lilo (lb 1 now)

Musica was my 4th tavern / event 5* pull. I dont save my prysma / tix for later use.

garath

Dammit. Rank 12. I had number 1 in my sights but it changes in that 5 min window. I think I should have refreshed a few times but I got bumped from 14 to 174 or something in that 5 min as well. My refresh might not have been as high.

It really reads that you get your rewards based on the previous day's ranking but it really does seem like you just get as high as you can in the 5 challenges then claim reward before you get bumped. I kind of hope that's the way it stays. I bet it's a bug though. Otherwise the rewards are going to be WAY too good. 30 prysma, ALL enhancer 4*, etc etc. Way too easy for those rewards.

Quixzlizx

Can someone repost one of those pvp guides? I pretty much never do gauntlet, and now I never want to do the Colosseum either, because I don't know how to play it, apparently. I'd might as well put down my phone and go do something else if there's even one mage on the opposing team, since she'll definitely have infinite mana and my team will be decimated by the time I take her out.

garath

Can someone repost one of those pvp guides? I pretty much never do gauntlet, and now I never want to do the Colosseum either, because I don't know how to play it, apparently. I'd might as well put down my phone and go do something else if there's even one mage on the opposing team, since she'll definitely have infinite mana and my team will be decimated by the time I take her out.

Colosseum seems a LOT more fair than gauntlet. Gauntlet it's just non-stop mana spam from the AI. Colosseum seems like you are facing a legitimate amount of mana. I won all 5 of my matches today when I rarely get more than halfway through Gauntlet. Closest one I had was against an Alundra who wiped all of my party except Lindsey, but I had like 5 red mana and I just Lindsey spammed invulnerability to take out the remaining 4 lol.

Quixzlizx

Colosseum seems a LOT more fair than gauntlet. Gauntlet it's just non-stop mana spam from the AI. Colosseum seems like you are facing a legitimate amount of mana. I won all 5 of my matches today when I rarely get more than halfway through Gauntlet. Closest one I had was against an Alundra who wiped all of my party except Lindsey, but I had like 5 red mana and I just Lindsey spammed invulnerability to take out the remaining 4 lol.

The first person I challenged in the Colosseum this morning had Aludra and Bilgitto. It didn't end well for me.

Aki-at

This was first day. Tomorrow might be somehow based our ranks today. So tomorrow it can be so that when you claim your rank reward you get it based for yesterday. Dunno tho how it determines who is actually first :p.
I only lose my nerves in Gauntlet so wont bother with it at all.

Last week was brilliant. During the week I managed to make 4 pulls.

Monday - Aida (LB2 now)
Friday - Musica \o_
Sunday - Lilo
Sunday - Lilo (lb 1 now)

Musica was my 4th tavern / event 5* pull. I dont save my prysma / tix for later use.

It would suck if it does... It'd mean whoever is willing to wake up the latest will get the rewards. I hope its like this, you can cash out as soon as you've obtained a high enough spot, seems quick, fair and fun for anyone!

Also congrats on the pulls!

Like Gareth said, just rushing people works for now. I've had no trouble and unlike gauntlet, it seems even if you lose a battle you'll still be able to use your team for the next battle, something you can't do in gauntlet.

The first person I challenged in the Colosseum this morning had Aludra and Bilgitto. It didn't end well for me.

Aludra and Cheery are both super scary. Using the invulnerability frames of your abilities is the only thing that can save you. It requires some luck.

I do think that it's pretty easy to defeat the higher level parties though. Just look at my weak team.

Maybe will see some sort of meta where someone finds a counter against mages but in return that team gets countered by another party setup.

Quixzlizx

Like Gareth said, just rushing people works for now. I've had no trouble and unlike gauntlet, it seems even if you lose a battle you'll still be able to use your team for the next battle, something you can't do in gauntlet.

Well, I had 80/80 Selene, 70/70 Coro, 60/60 Yoshitsugu, and 60/60 Lilith, and most of my HP was gone just from Aludra immediately doing her special at the beginning. Maybe I need to switch to a one-mana healer.

Aki-at

Well, I had 80/80 Selene, 70/70 Coro, 60/60 Yoshitsugu, and 60/60 Lilith, and most of my HP was gone just from Aludra immediately doing her special at the beginning. Maybe I need to switch to a one-mana healer.

Maybe active Coro skill as soon as Alundra hits and use the three soldiers as sacrifice for more mana? I think they'd do the trick.

garath

How is Sulstan in PvP compared to Coro? I can see him having a lot of potential. His skill has a longer range and stuns.

I like (and use) them both. Coro has the big advantage of nuking everything around her and the way melee clumps up on the frontline she's potent. But I like Trystan for his line of attack, I can push right through soldiers to the mages with his ability. It just depends how the enemy team has laid themselves out. Mine's only 62 now too compared to Coro's 70 so he's a little weaker as it stands.

desverger

How is Sulstan in PvP compared to Coro? I can see him having a lot of potential. His skill has a longer range and stuns.

I prefer Trystan much more these days. His ability to go straight through to the "annoying line" is a saving grace in my soldier party.

No more Kilie's nuking in the background, just stick Trystan to her face!

garath

The 5ap quest seems good for xp.

I've been running it all day. Despite the shit drop rate, the xp to AP ratio is pretty damn good and if you do happen to get the fourth chest, that's a nice 3* warrior enhancer. You get the 1* enhancers quite frequently too. It's pretty win.

Quixzlizx

Every time I've played the Colosseum so far, I've gotten one green mana from the starting mana jackpot. Maybe I should just take Lilith out, because the other team always has enough to do some sort of aoe while I just have to sit there until the next jackpot.

desverger

Every time I've played the Colosseum so far, I've gotten one green mana from the starting mana jackpot. Maybe I should just take Lilith out, because the other team always has enough to do some sort of aoe while I just have to sit there until the next jackpot.

No need for a healer in the Colosseum anyway. Lilith especially is pretty bad there, considering she is a regen healer with two mana required for her skill.

Anyway, the best plan seems to be just stomping the enemy quickly.

Quixzlizx

No need for a healer in the Colosseum anyway. Lilith especially is pretty bad there, considering she is a regen healer with two mana required for her skill.

Anyway, the best plan seems to be just stomping the enemy quickly.

Are there any mana training soldiers other than Selene? And Yoshitsugu just OHKs everyone with his skill... when I have 2 red mana to use it before he dies.

desverger

Are there any mana training soldiers other than Selene? And Yoshitsugu just OHKs everyone with his skill... when I have 2 red mana to use it before he dies.

Selene and Yoshino are the only notable candidates, sadly. Mages are much better off in the mana training department.

Yoshi is especially OP in pvp. She starts with 2 mana and her special costs 2. Does a full line dash for 7x damage. I wish I had her :(

Gizuko

I might probably bite the bullet tomorrow, and get Trystan in gCC. I'm close to the 600 FR mark (probably close to 640 if I sell my whole giftbox stash), so I really hope I can get MLB Frau by the time she arrives (1 paloma would be great, too).

Guess the colosseum will increase my FR stash via prysma and honor, too.

Edit: Are the 1 AP quests permanent (the fog quests)? Still there, and they show no time restrictions.

garath

I might probably bite the bullet tomorrow, and get Trystan in gCC. I'm close to the 600 FR mark (probably close to 640 if I sell my whole giftbox stash), so I really hope I can get MLB Frau by the time she arrives (1 paloma would be great, too).

Guess the colosseum will increase my FR stash via prysma and honor, too.

Edit: Are the 1 AP quests permanent (the fog quests)? Still there, and they show no time restrictions.

I'm feeling really good about my MLB Frau chances. I bought a MLB Trystan and I'm already back up to 220 rings. The demon raid was a good source.

Gizuko

I'm feeling really good about my MLB Frau chances. I bought a MLB Trystan and I'm already back up to 220 rings. The demon raid was a good source.

I think it's pretty doable if we get the next DR soon, but my team wasn't up to it during the AG raid, so I fear it might happen yet again.

Also, tower events, as KenjiGlove pointed out.

Well, I'm getting him regardless, need him for PvP :<

The subjugation event is causing me to become poor, lol

It's spitting out enhancers like candy and I'm actually running out of worthwhile units to level right now and just been leveling the 4 stars I didn't sell for rings, lol

Still missing two more copies of Rafa though. Been having really bad luck in getting gold chest drops and kinda disappointing you are limited in the number of golden chickens you can get.

Kettch

Finished up 50 gauntlet runs, so I got to see 100 rewards.

Stamina 24
Ring 20
Revival 20
Prysma 18
Enhancer 18

Looks pretty close to equal odds. Prysma was available in 16 different runs, so that's almost 1/3.

Oreoleo

Anyone else having problems logging in? Cant get past the loading bar on the start screen. Been like this since the ap update earlier today.

Aki-at

Anyone else having problems logging in? Cant get past the loading bar on the start screen. Been like this since the ap update earlier today.

The Shenmue hype has crashed even Chain Chronicle, impressive.

(I just played a game on my end, seems fine to me)

Kettch

Heh, I was sitting at rank 31 trying to snipe a top 3 spot at the last minute. Someone knocked me down to 360 with 2 minutes to go. :( Managed to get back up to 23 though, which isn't too bad.

It sounds like they fixed the rewards so that it works properly by recording ranks at the end of the day now, but I'll wait on collecting until we know for sure.

Kettch

Yep. I got knocked down to 2755 already today and just claimed my rank 23 reward, so that's how it works now.

Sucks for anyone that isn't around at the end of the day.

So there is no reason why I shouldn't just claim my reward now right? And then I'll just need to use my 5 battles tommorow.
I already wasted one battle though ;_;

Edit: Nevertheless this still is a pretty huge amount of Honour tokens that you'll be able to get daily.

NightDX

Neo Member
Yoshino and Selene are realy nice since you start the battle with 3 mana but against the higher lv arcanas 1 Yoshino special is not enough to kill everyone.

The stupid thing is that you can't arrange your team to a fixed formation since the game changes the order of your arcanas.

This would be easy of I could use my strategy for the last gauntlet battle. Selene top, Coro mid, Suls...Trystan bot and Yoshino on the middle of the second row to snipe. And the 5 minute cooldown always screws me since I get to rank 20 or something and then when I can battle after that I'm already at 400 or 700.

Even with all the problems if the rewards are not changed this is a good way to farm prysma.

Gizuko

I complain and the game giveth!
Congrats! This event has been kind to me as well, and it was fun, too.

I got 3 Lilo... but isn't she useless? Self explode skill as a mage with low HP to begin with.

She doesn't die, though, since her attack boost kicks in at 3/4hp and her special only hits her for 50%, if I recall correctly.

Solity (future FR char) for example, deals 70% damage to herself and the buff kicks in at <50% Hp.
Solity outclasses Lilo on all fronts, though, so Lilo is a mixed bag. Not outright bad, at least.

Avalt

People on the east coast get screwed over yet again by Gumi :p
Won't be bothering with the colosseum much as I'm not waking up @ around 3:30-4am each morning.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Lilo had great skill synergy. Her abilities give her a 15% chance per kill to spawn mana, and 30% more attack at 2/3rds hp. Her mass AOE 2 mana special works well with these, and her suicidal damage leaves her as a higher powered backline shooter after she bombs for mana. I agree with the Chain Chronicles wiki discussion, in that she seems quite underrated.

Using the FB arcana gimmick, I managed to pull a Lilo, Cleora, and a first LB for my Airi. Was pretty happy, even with no Musika. Would have loved to trade the 3 Franz the pulls got me, for more Lilo or Cleora, ha. After beating the game and Phoena's quest, along with all the Gauntlet play, I have a much higher appreciation for multi-faceted utility characters.

garath

Dammit Gumi. Of course they take a nice thing and ruin it. The king of the hill garbage is terrible when it's an all day event like this. I went from rank 12 to rank 6,124.

Quixzlizx

Dammit Gumi. Of course they take a nice thing and ruin it. The king of the hill garbage is terrible when it's an all day event like this. I went from rank 12 to rank 6,124.

Especially when you're on the east coast. West coast US can stay up, and Europeans can do it in the morning, but we're just fucked.

Top Bottom