• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

oh right, forgot to vote

Voted for Kain, Ares, Dannady, Roy and Hassan.

Basically characters who served me well while playing the game, lol

Elija2

I think I'm gonna stop playing this game. Not because Gumi are a terrible company (although they kinda are), but the game's just boring to me now. Might as well rip the band-aid off now before they announce some event that makes me reluctantly continue to play.

desverger

I think we can all agree Global needs v2 asap. Whether Gumi realizes this, or has the actual resources to pull it off, is a mystery.

Given how few players Global seems to have, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do it. It's a simple investment vs return principle.

I think we can all agree Global needs v2 asap. Whether Gumi realizes this, or has the actual resources to pull it off, is a mystery.

Given how few players Global seems to have, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do it. It's a simple investment vs return principle.

But didn't Gumi already acknowledge V2? I doubt they would say that it's "coming very soon" if they have no plans of releasing it.

Kettch

The coliseum change actually hurt me a lot, because my defense team is so poor. Only threat I have is Trystan, no Coro or anything else good AoE-wise. So I get knocked down a bunch during the day. Best I can do at the moment is hopping back up into the top 1k for the end, which I guess isn't terrible. 1k honor and a 3* enhancer. Was just looking a lot more lucrative before.

desverger

But didn't Gumi already acknowledge V2? I doubt they would say that it's "coming very soon" if they have no plans of releasing it.

Well, I wouldn't put any weight behind FB-Pirika's words. That answer might've just been a generic "it'll be allright"-type of answer. She's already shown to be disconnected from Gumi altogether.

The coliseum change actually hurt me a lot, because my defense team is so poor. Only threat I have is Trystan, no Coro or anything else good AoE-wise. So I get knocked down a bunch during the day. Best I can do at the moment is hopping back up into the top 1k for the end, which I guess isn't terrible. 1k honor and a 3* enhancer. Was just looking a lot more lucrative before.

I dropped to 4k-something when I forgot to do all my fights yesterday. I blame real life :p

But honestly, with Phoena sub, the defense team doesn't matter at all. There is currently no team in the game I can't oneshot with a Trystan dash or a Coro spin. This is kinda why pvp in this game is quite unbalanced.

Quixzlizx

I've won 5/5 fights every day since the first day, when I took Lilith out of my PVP party, but I still haven't finished a night in the top 1000.

Aki-at

Does anyone know that if you combine Nimpha with another treasure bonus character if the rate would go up? I've got Cleora who comes with a 10% chest drop increase bonus or does it cancel each other out/goes no further than a 50% increase?

Also does it matter if they're in the active/sub party to get the treasure drop bonus?

Does anyone know that if you combine Nimpha with another treasure bonus character if the rate would go up? I've got Cleora who comes with a 10% chest drop increase bonus or does it cancel each other out/goes no further than a 50% increase?

Also does it matter if they're in the active/sub party to get the treasure drop bonus?

This post seems to suggest that it doesn't stack and doesn't activate in the sub-party. That seems to be in line with what I've heard from others. I'm not 100% sure though.

Edit: This upcoming festival sounds pretty promising, not the new UR's but the 3x draw chance. That's like 5%. Pretty close to the V2 standard.

1434796286001.jpg

SSR Knuckles V.2 looks amazing.

desverger

This post seems to suggest that it doesn't stack and doesn't activate in the sub-party. That seems to be in line with what I've heard from others. I'm not 100% sure though.

Apparently, there have been some tests on the Japanese forums that drop chance abilities do indeed work in sub. None of the drop abilities stack, though - sadly.

For Nimpha especially, her drop ability does work in sub, but the mana roll ability does not.

Kettch

Hit the 100,000 honor mark tonight. It's too bad they put the new character in the gacha instead of just having it be a set cost. Really not worth bothering with as opposed to buying stamina fruits.

Also managed to get back in the top 500 prysma bracket in coliseum. Not sure if I got lucky or if less people are playing it now, but I only got kicked down to 2300 over the course of the day instead of 6000 like the day before.

Aki-at

Apparently, there have been some tests on the Japanese forums that drop chance abilities do indeed work in sub. None of the drop abilities stack, though - sadly.

For Nimpha especially, her drop ability does work in sub, but the mana roll ability does not.

Ah thanks for the the information, guess there's carrying Cleora into battle if I've got plenty of Nimpha friends.

I just started this game yesterday and really like it so far. Despite reading the first 10 pages of this thread, I still have no idea what I'm doing, really, but it's fun.

Besides the phriasma or whatever it's called, is there anything I should hoard/hold onto?

I don't understand what the fortune rings are that I see mentioned here? How do I get them and what are they good for?

desverger

I just started this game yesterday and really like it so far. Despite reading the first 10 pages of this thread, I still have no idea what I'm doing, really, but it's fun.

Besides the phriasma or whatever it's called, is there anything I should hoard/hold onto?

I don't understand what the fortune rings are that I see mentioned here? How do I get them and what are they good for?

Yeah, don't let the negativity of the posters here get to you. Most of us have been playing this for a long time, maybe too long, and the novelty has dropped off for us ;)

The basic rule of thumb is to hoard Prysma, since it's usually a better idea to buy bundles during events with those. Pull with tickets when there's a good event up. The current event isn't very good (imo), a chain story festival is a much better place to pull but sadly you just missed one. Of course if you're just starting out and need units, you can go ahead and pull with Prysma too.

Fortune rings you can either get from dailies (those 10/20 AP quests in Dawning, collect all chests for the ring), gauntlet, or by selling unwanted 3* or higher rarity units. The rings are mainly used to buy 5* characters from the ring exchange (70 rings a pop), but can be used to buy stamina/revival fruits.

A small tip: Go farm 5 copies of Dusty and Latty from the free quests that they drop in, those 2* units will serve you a long time. More information from Dusty f.ex you can find from here: http://chain-chronicle-global.wikia.com/wiki/Dusty

Excellent, thank you for the information and advice.

I see this current event has a higher drop rate for a few characters. Since I'm not very far in, would it be worth it to re-roll and try for one of those 5*?

I see this current event has a higher drop rate for a few characters. Since I'm not very far in, would it be worth it to re-roll and try for one of those 5*?

Sure, go ahead. There is also Nimpha in the first tavern who is well liked. Any 5* is fine though, at least in my opinion.

desverger

Well rerolling is generally worthwhile in this game, since the pull rates aren't really good - so if you can start off with a 5*, that's already a huge step up. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but if you can stomach it, go for it.

The current event sadly isn't a very good pool, especially for a f2p player. Generally, in v1, soldiers are much better than everything else and easily obtainable - and this event only has one, Kiki, and he isn't ultimately very good among the other 5* soldiers.

However, I cannot really say anything about the other 5* characters. I guess you could make things work, unless you pull the underpowered Islem.

Ugh...I didn't realize I'd have to play through the tutorial over and over. They had to make this painful somehow, I guess!

Props to the ios people that kept transferring to re-roll. Fuuuuuck that; you guys are hardcore lol.

garath

Lol. I love facing all mage teams in the colosseum. I literally walk up to all 4 with Trystan and use his ability. It kills all 4 instantly.

So I'm having a tough time figuring out the best way to do this. I think if I get too high, too early in the day then I get knocked around. Last night I got to rank 400 right around 9pm est and this morning I was 747. Not terrible. Sure beats the day before when I finished rank 101 and dropped to 1700.

Aki-at

Lol. I love facing all mage teams in the colosseum. I literally walk up to all 4 with Trystan and use his ability. It kills all 4 instantly.

So I'm having a tough time figuring out the best way to do this. I think if I get too high, too early in the day then I get knocked around. Last night I got to rank 400 right around 9pm est and this morning I was 747. Not terrible. Sure beats the day before when I finished rank 101 and dropped to 1700.

Yep I'm trying to figure out the same thing myself, I was 140ish 5 hours before the start of the new day and found myself getting rewards for the 1515 position... Now I'm currently 2332. I think the 500s might be the safe point in the rankings but I guess it totally depends on how lucky you are.

Quixzlizx

Last night/this morning was the first time I managed to stick in the top 500. I guess I got lucky and kept getting challenged by incompetents.

Quixzlizx

Same here. Maybe putting my Coro to in sub helps.

I'm going to try that, too. I just put Yoshitsugu and Dusty as my subs. Yoshitsugu has the auto-OHK AOE, and Dusty has a 1-mana attack with the lengthy i-frames, and they'll both have plenty of mana to spend by the time they appear. But that is causing me to have to put the hero in my mains with Selene/Coro/Toka until I level up Hassan, so I hope that doesn't cause more people to target me.

Sigh...getting pretty tired of doing the tutorial. Up until now, all I've received are 3* units.

This last time my premium ticket pulled the 3* medic Melvina then I used the 50 prysma and got a 4* Vorg.

I'd like to actually play the game again but will I end up regretting not rolling until I pull a 5* with the ticket and saving the 50 prysma?

Sigh...getting pretty tired of doing the tutorial. Up until now, all I've received are 3* units.

This last time my premium ticket pulled the 3* medic Melvina then I used the 50 prysma and got a 4* Vorg.

I'd like to actually play the game again but will I end up regretting not rolling until I pull a 5* with the ticket and saving the 50 prysma?

Depends. One 5* is going to make everything a bit easier but it won't really matter in the grand scheme since a non-limitbroken 5* isn't really useful late-game.

Just use this as a lesson of why you shouldn't spend money on this game ;)

Kettch

Depends on how much you think you'll like the game, but I'd say keep at it until you get a 5* at least. If you skip all the dialogue and 2x speed through the fights you can get the entire tutorial+pulls+deletion down to 10 minutes. And you don't really need to pay attention, so you could watch something at the same time.

EDIT: Oh, use the 50 prysma as well though if you don't get a 5* with the ticket. It's not a big loss, and worth cutting the time it takes to do it by half.

garath

I did not reroll when I started the game. I don't have a Nimpha or anything. I'd like to say I'm pretty competitive now through demons, fortune ring characters and one singular lucky pull (for the best healer in the game woo). If I had to do it all over, a Nimpha would have been very nice to start out with but at this point anything I might have pulled except a Nimpha would have been replaced. It only took a year to get there. Lol

Really hard to say go forth and prosper with no 5* from a reroll but I did it.

Vylash

might as well stop until v2 hits

chrono01

might as well stop until v2 hits
Speaking of, there's an extended maintenance on June 23rd. It mentions "Preparation for new events". Probably demon invasion-related, but could it also mean V2?

I hope so. I'm sitting on 21 Premium Tickets and 500 Prysma. :/

Oreoleo

I'd try not to worry about it too much. Playing for the long game is a great way to burn yourself out and get annoyed with drops. Just enjoy the units you do get and the rest will come in time. Between ring characters and demon raids, 5* units are easy enough to come across without worrying about getting them in pulls.

Yaari

Speaking of, there's an extended maintenance on June 23rd. It mentions "Preparation for new events". Probably demon invasion-related, but could it also mean V2?

I hope so. I'm sitting on 21 Premium Tickets and 500 Prysma. :/

All they said regarding v2 was very soon. That was a while ago.

I personally almost stopped playing entirely. My inventory is full and I can run a full 5* team. I don't care anymore either, it's gotten pretty dull.

I like Dragon Blaze in that you can make progress without being tied to how Gumi wants to run their game. I can get level80 and a nice weapon but only when Gumi decides to put up the event. It's just really boring to me now.

chrono01

All they said regarding v2 was very soon. That was a while ago.

I personally almost stopped playing entirely. My inventory is full and I can run a full 5* team. I don't care anymore either, it's gotten pretty dull.

I like Dragon Blaze in that you can make progress without being tied to how Gumi wants to run their game. I can get level80 and a nice weapon but only when Gumi decides to put up the event. It's just really boring to me now.
No, I can understand the frustration. I still play, but I'm not too worried about "wasting AP" or anything. It's only casually, since I have other games [namely Treasure Cruise, School Idol Festival, and now Record Keeper] that I play regularly.

I tried Dragon Blaze, and it was fun, but I found it way too chaotic with all of the other games I play. >_<

Yep I've pretty much stopped playing all together. With the recent non-events and how my team kinda just wrecks everything I've completely lost interest. I let my login bonus lapse this week for the first time since I started playing.

I've kind of dove back into Record Keeper. The rapid fire pace of new content keeps it interesting despite other elements being somewhat unengaging. Gumi could also learn a thing or two about how they handle pulls. As opposed to being drip fed prysma for abysmal odds, RK gives out the equivalent currency like candy lately with what feels like much better rates. This has actually been an incentive to, you know, keep playing.

It's kind of a shame as CC was the game that got me bitten by the FTP bug and I like the people in this thread. I'll definitely come back in full swing once V2 hits, if ever.

Top Bottom