• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

desverger

It should have still been up for you. Some other people said they couldn't see it either though, so I guess there was an issue.

Funnily enough it's not the 26th yet in the PST timezone, so there shouldn't have been a bundle up. However, the last time this event was around, some people reported seeing bundles outside the timeframe of the event, but they were only visible to those few people. I guess this is a similar case.

Gizuko

dunno, here's my ID: 158.085.616

let me know what leader you have :3

congrats, lucky you :E

Actually, was running through 6 more demons and for level 20:
HP: 139800
Poison Damage: 1586

So it's something and it does help with one of the event cards doing more damage when they are poisoned.

I also forgot how trashy the demon gacha and drops are. All these 1 star enhancers. The subjugation event spoiled me.

Yeah, and it is about 4.5-4k for lvl40, so it seems they even kept the scaling. Now I only have to check it works versus regular bosses and cry over getting a copy of Tigre for poison during the subjugation event.

I wish they added a dc shop, after MLBing the demon coins are basically a 1* farm :l

Rixa

Hax everywhere :/ & poor coding...

Gumi plix
11659320_1580580572202346_8425196182551773429_n.jpg

desverger

Some good stuff in the upcoming events!

Lindsey re-release.
Zaren event (1 copy of Zaren for everyone?)
Sapuras pre-raid events.

I'm ok with this.

Lindsey re-release.
Sapuras pre-raid events.

I'm ok with this.

Still salty that I wasted my Explosion on Coropatillon with this new raid. Fortunately I still have a Loletta, I'll just use her skill.

Is Zaren any good? Seems like he'll be a nice addition to my knight team.
That I'll never use
. I guess he uses a Mace, comes in handy with this raid.

Edit: Shouldn't another Fortune Ring character be re-released before Lindsey? Seems like they aren't following the schedule.

Gizuko

They are re-releasing lindsey?! I somehow regret MLBing Trystan now.

Well, guess I'll get a copy at least, might have to miss Paloma.

Edit: Zaren's kizuna is awesome but very niche (high damage increase versus the black army), it's worth keeping at least 1 copy of him.
However, there's only 1 demon of the knight class, notwithstanding Zaren, so the stats boost is far from ideal.

bonkeng

Lindsey re-release.
Sapuras pre-raid events.

I'm ok with this.

Is Lindsey worth the MLB? I started quite late so didn't get the chance.

I have a MLB Trystan and Selene, wondering if Lindsey or Frau is better. I have 270 rings currently, so enough for atleast LB3.

Still salty that I wasted my Explosion on Coropatillon with this new raid. Fortunately I still have a Loletta, I'll just use her skill.

That I'll never use

Edit: Shouldn't another Fortune Ring character be re-released before Lindsey? Seems like they aren't following the schedule.

I put million impact on my Lepret :(

desverger

That I'll never use

Zaren's not exceptional, but considering he can LB'd at least once now, he might be decent in a knight team. He gets a huge boost in attack against the black army, but that's about it. He could still be useful in the upcoming raid, however.

The event information for Lindsey re-release sounds like she'll not be replacing a ring exchange character. The event date is June 29 to July 12, so half a month. Either she'll be an additional character, or Paloma will come after her.

Sadly I won't have the rings to MLB her, but I'm considering getting 1 copy. I'm not regretting Trystan one bit, he's super useful in pvp for sure - probably more than Lindsey.

Is Lindsey worth the MLB? I started quite late so didn't get the chance.

I have a MLB Trystan and Selene, wondering if Lindsey or Frau is better. I have 270 rings currently, so enough for atleast LB3

I wouldn't bother. Just use all those rings on the next Tower event if you really need another warrior.

The event information for Lindsey re-release sounds like she'll not be replacing a ring exchange character. The event date is June 29 to July 12, so half a month. Either she'll be an additional character, or Paloma will come after her.

Oh, I'm talking about Nina who was re-released together with Lindsey in JpCC according to Gamerch. Looks like they skipped her.

garath

Damn. How did I know they'd do that. Re-releasing Lindsey :( I really want to MLB her but that is going to severely impact my Frau purchase later.

Gizuko

"Dear captain,

You thought poison would carry you through the raid?

As of stage 50, f*ck you.

Best regards,
Sega."

Or, in other words, poison ticks for 1 damage from stage 50 onwards.

Aki-at

YES LINDSEY!

Damn. How did I know they'd do that. Re-releasing Lindsey :( I really want to MLB her but that is going to severely impact my Frau purchase later.

Yeah same here but I'm guessing it'll help me out more in the end. According to Gumi's wording Lindsey has some uses in the up and coming demon raid? Glad I didn't give her the Grief Sword yet if that's the case!

I'm getting about 26 fortune rings a week thanks to gauntlet, coliseum and the dailies so I think between the demon raid and gathering more rings I should have more than enough for Frau.

Damn it, I currently have 440 rings. I don't think I'm going to be able to hit 700 to MLB both Lindsey and Frau. WAT TO DO?

Frau will be unavailable in 3 months right? So I think you'll need around 3 rings a day. Not really that hard with between dailies, selling 3* enhancers and Colloseum. Demon raids also help out a lot.

garath

I don't regret MLB Trystan in the slightest. His AoE attack is invaluable in the colosseum and he's stronger than my Coro who is only level 70 thanks to poor demon luck. I needed him. Between him, Selene and Coro I smash anything the game has thrown at me so far.

Gizuko

Well, the one thing Trystan has over many soldiers is an AoE stun, since it is rather unique (not to mention his lifeleech). As a unit, he is a must. Actually, I'm leveling a MLB Sulstan in jpCC too.

I just regret not getting him to LB3 and getting the last copy when v2 hits and he is featured in the monthly quest. This way I would have had more rings for Paloma, Frau and Lindsey, since I don't think demon raids are going to be a good way to get rings after the AG one.

Aki-at

Trystan was a must for me, the amount of time he's helped me in Coliseum or Gauntlet against an Alundra or Cherry cannot be stated enough :p

Frau will be unavailable in 3 months right? So I think you'll need around 3 rings a day. Not really that hard with between dailies, selling 3* enhancers and Colloseum. Demon raids also help out a lot.

Yeah the way I look at it, if you really wanted to you could still manage a MLB Frau if you go with Lindsey.

17 fortune rings if you complete the dailies and sell the 3* enhancers.

Probably 5 - 10 more fortune rings a week thanks to gauntlet if you successfully complete it and get a 3* enhancer or fortune ring along the way.

Now if you manage to complete gauntlet successfully and get a good ranking on coliseum you should be getting over 4000 honour tokens every 2 days. So you'll get at least 3 chances to draw and get a minimum of 9 fortune rings from selling arcanas.

So you're looking at at least 31 - 36 fortune rings a week. Throw in the demon raid event and there's still plenty of time for Frau.

Avalt

Was Chain Chronicle in Version 2 by the time Sapras Demon Raid happened? Will be boycotting it if that is the case. Will not be replacing my rank A maces on my Coro or Bernadette.... and I have no other mace users....

Was Chain Chronicle in Version 2 by the time Sapras Demon Raid happened? Will be boycotting it if that is the case. Will not be replacing my rank A maces on my Coro or Bernadette.... and I have no other mace users....

No,

Zaren came out in JPCC in March of 2014

V2 came out in July of 2014

There's actually still three more demons that were released before JPCC went into V2.

Avalt

No,

Zaren came out in JPCC in March of 2014

V2 came out in July of 2014

There's actually still three more demons that were released before JPCC went into V2.

Well I guess I better start pumping everything into a still fresh Lephret.... thou I wonder how effective she is going to be since she will be the only knight.

Oh wow, a full event team is starting to lose steam as I'm getting closer to level 60, lol

Not that I'm getting killed, just my team isn't killing them fast enough haha

Losing poison damage isn't helping.

Still no gold chest drops or demon coins gacha get either :E

Aki-at

So the next demon special weapon is going to be a club right?

Wondering if I should limit break my Zaren to 65 and push my Lephret to level 60 + my other solider units (Deed lvl 60, Audette 60, Robby 50 and Mirellie 10) or stick with Coro + lvl 40 Jedah (With Lindsey, Trystan and Selene maxed out.)

Does Zaren's black army buff work against the demon as well?

Quixzlizx

Trystan was a must for me, the amount of time he's helped me in Coliseum or Gauntlet against an Alundra or Cherry cannot be stated enough :p

Yeah the way I look at it, if you really wanted to you could still manage a MLB Frau if you go with Lindsey.

17 fortune rings if you complete the dailies and sell the 3* enhancers.

Probably 5 - 10 more fortune rings a week thanks to gauntlet if you successfully complete it and get a 3* enhancer or fortune ring along the way.

Now if you manage to complete gauntlet successfully and get a good ranking on coliseum you should be getting over 4000 honour tokens every 2 days. So you'll get at least 3 chances to draw and get a minimum of 9 fortune rings from selling arcanas.

So you're looking at at least 31 - 36 fortune rings a week. Throw in the demon raid event and there's still plenty of time for Frau.

I need to see one of those Gauntlet guides again. I don't even do it currently out of frustration, but I win every time in the Colosseum just because Yoshitsugu is unstoppable there with his special. He's the reason why I haven't spent any rings on Trystan. I'd rather spend them on Lindsey, since her skillset is more unique compared to my other characters.

Aki-at

I need to see one of those Gauntlet guides again. I don't even do it currently out of frustration, but I win every time in the Colosseum just because Yoshitsugu is unstoppable there with his special. He's the reason why I haven't spent any rings on Trystan. I'd rather spend them on Lindsey, since her skillset is more unique compared to my other characters.

Did you know you can quit the battle and start it all over again in case you feel you messed up? I've done it a few time but it does lead to some frustration if I have to do the same fight for the fourth time! I absolutely hate facing a Yoshitsugu in Gauntlet though, usually has enough health left over after I use Coro's special and then he goes on to wreck my whole team.

Lindsey is a great character to have, just having a 5* who has a 1 mana special is brilliant. Helped me out time to time in gauntlet and the other events.

elty

This is bull shit, it cost me 2 battle because my whole team just froze. then one battle my opponent has like 5 people for whatever reason.

Kettch

That apparently happens when people have an empty slot in their defense team. So don't challenge any of those. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. :/

desverger

That apparently happens when people have an empty slot in their defense team. So don't challenge any of those. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. :/

Can confirm. Everyone at least in the top 50 does this. There's also a bug where you can select multiple of the same arcana to your defense team, though I don't know how it works.

Coupled with the pause "feature", where you can't lose rank if you're paused in a battle, Colosseum really is an amateur hour feature, completely untested.

Gizuko

Oh wow, a full event team is starting to lose steam as I'm getting closer to level 60, lol

Not that I'm getting killed, just my team isn't killing them fast enough haha

Losing poison damage isn't helping.

Still no gold chest drops or demon coins gacha get either :E

Do you have any buffers? The dancing troupe is stronger than a standard event-SR team unless you mess up pretty badly, which, in exchange, isn't difficult to do at all :]

Still, in all seriosness, I took out both the female soldier and the archer, left the male soldier and borrowed a 5*, and it is a lot better. Probably wouldn't take out an UR, though.

bonkeng

Really? Just remove a member? I haven't encountered those yet as I'm usually closer to rank 1000 lol.

I'll try it out and see if I drop rank.

Do you have any buffers? The dancing troupe is stronger than a standard event-SR team unless you mess up pretty badly, which, in exchange, isn't difficult to do at all :]

Still, in all seriosness, I took out both the female soldier and the archer, left the male soldier and borrowed a 5*, and it is a lot better. Probably wouldn't take out an UR, though.

Yeah, makes sense. Don't have any dancers though, lol

Bad luck with the draws I guess.

Aki-at

I seem to not be moving from the high 400s, I guess there are plenty of "cheaters" around me that leave me in a pretty safe spot.

Ticket bundle is up again for 2h! Go grab it!

Finally got myself another 3 tickets, missed it the last few times.

Thanks bro!

bonkeng

Seems like th PT bundle has fixed timing. 3rd day im unable to get this bundle (4am) here.

Anyway, is Toka worth to limit break? I have a toka 38/50. I used 20k honor points and got 2 Toka, 1 Oguma and 2 3* rings. Wondering if I should sell all.

Seems like th PT bundle has fixed timing. 3rd day im unable to get this bundle (4am) here.

Anyway, is Toka worth to limit break? I have a toka 38/50. I used 20k honor points and got 2 Toka, 1 Oguma and 2 3* rings. Wondering if I should sell all.

A level 60 Toka is pretty good but I'm not sure if it's worth 20 rings. If you really plan on using her I'd say that it's fine but I don't think she'll be that useful in the end. Her heal also doesn't scale with her attack according to the wiki.

A level 60 Toka has 6300 Attack and Defense.
source

In the end she won't beat out a decently limit broken event 5*.

I don't know how many party cost you have though, that might change your decision.

bonkeng

Premium ticket bundle is live now. Just bought it. And timing is different each day I think.

Whoa thanks a lot! Bought just now. 5min before time is over.

Good thing i checked here.

A level 60 Toka is pretty good but I'm not sure if it's worth 20 rings. If you really plan on using her I'd say that it's fine but I don't think she'll be that useful in the end. Her heal also doesn't scale with her attack according to the wiki.

A level 60 Toka has 6300 Attack and Defense.
source

In the end she won't beat out a decently limit broken event 5*.

I don't know how many party cost you have though, that might change your decision.

My party cost now is 79.

Currently my main team:

Nimpha 60/60
Selene 80/80
Trystan 78/80
Mei 60/60
Sub
Toka 38/50
Hero 40/40

But Nimpha seems weak at chapter 10. She's always the first one to die.

I plan to change Nimpha to Toka lb2. Is that a good idea?

Top Bottom