• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

desverger

I still think CC is a pretty well done mobile game, considering it's lasted me for a half a year.. when these things usually stick for about 1 month for me.

But, like it's been mentioned a thousand times over - gumi needs to bring v2 over to global, ASAP. They aren't doing themselves any favours delaying it any more.

CIKejtVUMAE4vv4.jpg
CIKekHpUYAEsK5R.jpg

15 pulls netted me 13 junk, 1 SR and 1 SSR, lol

And I somehow managed to get the two guys of the set too

Was hoping to get the mage SSR since I have mage enhancers burning a whole in my storage

SEGA handing out SRs like free candy, lol

Gotten from two pretty easy event quests

thanks SEGA

Rixa

Colosseum has the same bug than in Gauntlet...

I have 4 units alive , 9 mana, no skills going on. Cant cast anything, cant move units, cant change units, cant do nothing. Just idle watch as my units die one by one.

Mana isnt issue for me but bugs are. Iam running mage team that has 4 mana at start + starting roll. Todays colosseum, I lost one game thanks to that bug, lost one point thanks to connecting error.

Kinda casually playing nowadays. If my AP is full then it is. Just logging in daily and do something (basically colo & few runs on daily).

Anyone thought the possibility that Gumi doesnt have permission / contract to publish V2 of CC?

Azusa

I have tried many mobile games and CC and PAD is the best one. Other games have excessive grind or boring gameplay or bad (korean) art. I continue to play CC casually everyday and waiting for V2 too.

Vylash

I have tried many mobile games and CC and PAD is the best one. Other games have excessive grind or boring gameplay or bad (korean) art. I continue to play CC casually everyday and waiting for V2 too.
If you don't mind playing jp stuff, try grand sphere

Aki-at

Chain Chronicle was the first mobile game that felt like it could be a game available on the open market minus the F2P elements. Hooked me straight away and had that extra bit of personality that most mobile games lacked, I think the fact that you couldn't use the same two units and everyone unit not being just a basic card was something that impressed me... Though I do wish version 2 hurries and comes out, sounds like it has so much more content, I'm almost out of sidequests to do!

Thanks for all the newbie help. I'm still rolling haha!

There's no clue as to when version 2.0 is coming?

I didn't even bother to use my premium ticket until way later, the units you start off as sufficient enough I think. You'll find plenty of willing Nimpha's along the way to help you in the dalies too.

elty

I've kind of dove back into Record Keeper. The rapid fire pace of new content keeps it interesting despite other elements being somewhat unengaging. Gumi could also learn a thing or two about how they handle pulls. As opposed to being drip fed prysma for abysmal odds, RK gives out the equivalent currency like candy lately with what feels like much better rates. This has actually been an incentive to, you know, keep playing.

Ha, I think I have done at least 60 pulls in FFRK thanks to free currency now, with about 10 5*. Still have enough for 20 more pulls. In comparison I played this for longer and only managed to do about 40 pulls, with like 2 5*. 10% vs 3.4% is a huge difference. They also has the evil $1 discounted first draw to attract people pay. I ended up using some google survey money for it.

I am still playing this, but now in a very relax mode. This game is great in a sense where anything takes HOURS of AP to do. Just finished the Filiana ability quest that cost 60AP,

BJK

I still spend most of my time / AP grinding out the daily quests (for rings).

Last week was a relative God-send, since the 5 AP quest had an XP return that was much higher than most of the content.

Unlike FFRK, where I just pull whenever I can 10+1, & take what I'm given, I'm far more likely to hoard currency in CC global (I don't play JP). The bad drop rates for 5* cards leave me holding out for special events (5x rates, 10+guaranteed 4* or better).

Also unlike FFRK, I feel like I can at least finish all the content in CC with my F2P team. Leveling all the characters (and getting them over Lv. 50) in FFRK is an unrewarding grind to do. I don't care enough a out grinding for orbs...but I need the higher-level orbs to get the skills to beat the last event stage or two during events like Garnet & Squall's new one.

Quixzlizx

I'm not really too upset when we have a light week event-wise. I still have a chain story to do, the second side story that they released, and free quests all over the place that I never got around to doing. Just today I finished collecting all of the 2*s in the game.

I do hope that we get more F2P events in the future that can provide good non-soldier 5* characters, other than having to rely on horrific demon raid RNG luck.

garath

Well I finally maxed my Trystan. That's a level 80 Trystan with maxed Assassin Blade, level 80 Selene with maxed Furnace blade, level 60 Lilith with maxed Dawn Cane and level 70 Coro with maxed Wild Boar. Pretty solid main team. Subs right now are Phoena (who I'm still leveling) and level 60 Lindsey with maxed grief sword.

Once I get Phoena to 60, I'll knock off her quest and have a pretty solid party. I'm even tempted to throw Millagen in the subs next to Phoena for the def boost.

Hey guys. Out of curiousity I made this poll. I'm pretty interested in knowing which option the majority of the playerbase uses.

Hero attack all the way. I have to scroll down when I want a Nimpha but if I do a non-Nimpha quest, I just grab the highest attack. Not always the best option but usually what I do.

Hero attack all the way. I have to scroll down when I want a Nimpha but if I do a non-Nimpha quest, I just grab the highest attack. Not always the best option but usually what I do.

Most responses seem to indicate either level or attack. Kinda what I expected though. I'm actually suprised that people actually responsed though ;)

Thanks to whoever voted!

Kettch

I sort by last played. That way when I'm running through all my Selenes, I'll use the ones who are possibly playing at the same time first. If they spend AP after that, then I'll be able to use them again.

Also, on the Coliseum topic, apparently you can pause a fight and leave it that way for as long as you like, then when you get around to finishing it the game swaps you into the rank you were fighting and swaps out whoever is in that rank, even if it's not the person you were fighting. This is how people were still able to make big jumps.

Amazingly terrible game design. I should be able to do better now that it's an even playing field at least though.

Aki-at

So I tried timing it yesterday so I could hit the maintenance period for the Coliseum but Gumi must have started it later than stated. From 200 to 900, ouch : <

And today I found my ranking drop into the 4000s, how was this even possible?!

Hey guys. Out of curiousity I made this poll. I'm pretty interested in knowing which option the majority of the playerbase uses.

Always use Hero Attack but I randomly pick who I use unless I need a Nimpha friend.

garath

So I tried timing it yesterday so I could hit the maintenance period for the Coliseum but Gumi must have started it later than stated. From 200 to 900, ouch : <

And today I found my ranking drop into the 4000s, how was this even possible?!

Always use Hero Attack but I randomly pick who I use unless I need a Nimpha friend.

Yeah, I dropped hard today. I have no idea what happened. I went from 300 to around 1400. It almost seems like every other day I get pushed WAY back.

Well I finally pulled a 5*, Aludra. Now I can actually play again. :D

I'm guessing the best option is to save for the 10+1 pull during rate up events?

Aki-at

Yeah, I dropped hard today. I have no idea what happened. I went from 300 to around 1400. It almost seems like every other day I get pushed WAY back.

That's been happening daily to me, but to go from 900 to the mid 4000s was something else, at least there seems to be a active userbase.

(I'm hoping the whales will lead us to glorious V2 majesty.)

I'm guessing the best option is to save for the 10+1 pull during rate up events?

Sadly they don't let you pull a 10+1 during rate up events.

garath

Well that's super lame. So 10+1 whenever or still wait for the events and do 10?

Hoard all the prysma and tickets you get until a good event comes along then take a stab at it. Hopefully we get version 2 soon which will up the rates significantly. Right now they are stupidly low (as you can attest to!)

Alundra is a pretty good pull :)

Hoard all the prysma and tickets you get until a good event comes along then take a stab at it. Hopefully we get version 2 soon which will up the rates significantly. Right now they are stupidly low (as you can attest to!)

Alundra is a pretty good pull :)
Significantly as in from 2% to 7%?

Gizuko

@jpCC: So... Uh.... blew 7 tickets and 5 stones, neither a SR nor an UR.

Don't plan to pull anymore since I should probably start pulling for Minoa soon (also, the loli continent, where even 3* get +40% attack depending on terrain) and need to save.
Still, will probably pull down the line if the difficulty ramps up too much. I wouldn't worry, though, since last time the gave us 10 tickets for 400 rings, and this time they gave us 3 SR. Seems like a fair trade, unless you pulled 3 UR last time with those tickets (I know I did).

I'll put up as leader either Tolerancia/Trelancia, Rafalgar or one of the event SR, probably one of the SR. Sorry for the lack of event UR lol

Did anyone else's daily bonus get messed up? Somehow went from 20 back to 11 even though I didn't miss a day.

Will check again in a couple hours time, when my daily rewards reappear. Yesterday's were ok, though.

desverger

Congrats! Assembling a mage team will be slightly more trickier than a warrior team, since optimally you want at least one runefencer to "tank" the mobs. However, Aludra is a very useful character in all aspects of the game, so she's a very good first pull.

Also, you might want to prepare a soldier team just out of what you have, in case you run into a lot of knight type mobs in a certain quest. The knights have a tendency to block ranged attacks, which reduces the damage you deal.

There's also no reason to do 10+1 ever, in fact pulling from taverns is discouraged. The increased rates are always through the event pull, and those don't allow for a 10+1. Chain story festivals are usually a good time to pull, but sadly one just ended.

Rixa

Did anyone else's daily bonus get messed up? Somehow went from 20 back to 11 even though I didn't miss a day.

On IOS (my alt) its a mess, I get many times per day "daily login chests". And next day my rank has halved...

On Android (my main) it works ok.

Congrats! Assembling a mage team will be slightly more trickier than a warrior team, since optimally you want at least one runefencer to "tank" the mobs. However, Aludra is a very useful character in all aspects of the game, so she's a very good first pull.

Also, you might want to prepare a soldier team just out of what you have, in case you run into a lot of knight type mobs in a certain quest. The knights have a tendency to block ranged attacks, which reduces the damage you deal.

There's also no reason to do 10+1 ever, in fact pulling from taverns is discouraged. The increased rates are always through the event pull, and those don't allow for a 10+1. Chain story festivals are usually a good time to pull, but sadly one just ended.

Thanks for the info! To pull via an event, I just click on the banner, correct?

Is there any reason to keep these 1* characters around after I've seen their stories? For instance, I just received the shiny, golden armor guy and finished his quests. Is it better to use them for enhance fodder or sell them?

Is there any reason to not use these class enhancers as soon as I get them?

Is there any reason to keep these 1* characters around after I've seen their stories? For instance, I just received the shiny, golden armor guy and finished his quests. Is it better to use them for enhance fodder or sell them?

- Just sell of any 1* when you've fully completed them, unless you really need the exp for some reason.

- There are "great succes rate increase" events which make enhancing a bit easier. It's not worth the effort to save cards for those though.

- While we're on the topic of inventory management. If you ever feel like you're pressured for space just go ahead and buy additional slots with prysma. It's great value since prysma isn't that useful. Just 50 prysma will get you all the space that you'll ever need.

More spaces will really help you in avoiding stupid mistakes like selling utility 3*'s or having to sell/equip weapons because you have a full inventory.

Aki-at

Nope no real reason to keep them unless we get another Titans Cave (Very unlikely) Before you get rid of any unit make sure you've complete all their stories, some have prysma rewards for doing so (though others is just an ability unlock)

Don't use them for enhance fodder, they gave way less experience then actually class enhancers.

Not sure if it's a bad idea to use the class enhancer in one go or not, I'd imagine it's cheaper just to do a bunch of them in one go but I can't verify that.

Not sure if it's a bad idea to use the class enhancer in one go or not, I'd imagine it's cheaper just to do a bunch of them in one go but I can't verify that.

It's cheaper because a higher level increases the cost for every card that you use. I think it's 100 gold per additional level, at least that was the increase of my Robby where I just tested it on.

Since the difference is so small I wouldn't really be worried about it. Gold is super easy to obtain.

@jpCC: So... Uh.... blew 7 tickets and 5 stones, neither a SR nor an UR.

Don't plan to pull anymore since I should probably start pulling for Minoa soon (also, the loli continent, where even 3* get +40% attack depending on terrain) and need to save.
Still, will probably pull down the line if the difficulty ramps up too much. I wouldn't worry, though, since last time the gave us 10 tickets for 400 rings, and this time they gave us 3 SR. Seems like a fair trade, unless you pulled 3 UR last time with those tickets (I know I did).

I'll put up as leader either Tolerancia/Trelancia, Rafalgar or one of the event SR, probably one of the SR. Sorry for the lack of event UR lol

Haha, that's fine. Just bad luck.

Hopefully my Shuren will help carry you for a bit. :]

Pretty amusing I been having so many friend requests now that I have him up as my leader too

Only made it to level 18 so far. Not too bad, but starting to think having a full party of the event characters might end up being a hindrance in harder levels.

Vylash

Pretty amusing I been having so many friend requests now that I have him up as my leader too

Only made it to level 18 so far. Not too bad, but starting to think having a full party of the event characters might end up being a hindrance in harder levels.

have i added you btw?

Oreoleo

On IOS (my alt) its a mess, I get many times per day "daily login chests". And next day my rank has halved...

On Android (my main) it works ok.

Same here, rewards working fine.

Bogus :mad: I'm on Android.

I think something happened with the downtime the other day cause I finished a battle but got distracted and forgot to progress through all of the victory/xp screens before the downtime happened.

desverger

Yep, click on the event banner or the recruit button in the popup menu. The event recruitment is always the first one.

You can pretty much sell any 1*-2*, besides your starter units and the aforementioned Dusty and Latty. You don't even have to have them in your unit box to be qualified for their level 1 quests, it's enough if you've acquired them at least once.

Just use your enhancers for now. There really isn't a point in saving them, unless you don't have anyone decent to feed them on.

Kettch

I actually wouldn't suggest selling 1* arcana, at least not at the start. You get almost nothing for it.

On the other hand, if you use a 1* arcana to enhance a 2* arcana, you'll always get it to level 2. A level 2 2* arcana will then give 2100xp to a unit of the same class. Which is only a bit less than the 2960xp you get from a 1* enhancer.

Gizuko

Demon get!
DC gacha is always kind to me in jpCC

I sure hope so, rewards are amazing at the top levels lol Still, A-rank weapons are at around stage 120 unlike last time (grief sword was past stage 140 ), so it seems doable.
Thank you, depended on you in the previous tower event as well, I really need to step up my game :<

About the event characters... Well, it seems like Sega dropped the ball a bit and they don't mesh as well as the Shauna-Lucanna-Rebecca trio did. IMO, at least. Too many abilities to unlock as well.
I'm guessing the archer will be the first out since apparently bosses only take 1 point of damage per poison tick now (haven't checked, though).

have i added you btw?

dunno, here's my ID: 158.085.616

let me know what leader you have :3

Demon get!

DC gacha is always kind to me in jpCC

I sure hope so, rewards are amazing at the top levels lol Still, A-rank weapons are at around stage 120 unlike last time (grief sword was past stage 140 ), so it seems doable.
Thank you, depended on you in the previous tower event as well, I really need to step up my game :<

About the event characters... Well, it seems like Sega dropped the ball a bit and they don't mesh as well as the Shauna-Lucanna-Rebecca trio did. IMO, at least. Too many abilities to unlock as well.
I'm guessing the archer will be the first out since apparently bosses only take 1 point of damage per poison tick now (haven't checked, though).

congrats, lucky you :E

Actually, was running through 6 more demons and for level 20:
HP: 139800
Poison Damage: 1586

So it's something and it does help with one of the event cards doing more damage when they are poisoned.

I also forgot how trashy the demon gacha and drops are. All these 1 star enhancers. The subjugation event spoiled me.

Top Bottom