• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

My party cost now is 79.

Currently my main team:

Nimpha 60/60
Selene 80/80
Trystan 78/80
Mei 60/60
Sub
Toka 38/50
Hero 40/40

But Nimpha seems weak at chapter 10. She's always the first one to die.

I plan to change Nimpha to Toka lb2. Is that a good idea?

It's debatable. You'll probably get some mileage out of a level 60 Toka since she fits in easier because of her low party cost.

I wouldn't really say that either Nimpha or Toka is outright better as a fighter though. Toka has higher stats (6170 ATT/DEF VS 6300 ATT/DEF) and a healing ability but Nimpha has that increased mana chance.

Decide whether those 20 rings are worth it. I'd just those copies in your bank until you really need the rings so you can delay your choice. Also keep in mind that Sapras will probably beat out Toka and Nimpha.

bonkeng

It's debatable. You'll probably get some mileage out of a level 60 Toka since she fits in easier because of her low party cost.

I wouldn't really say that either Nimpha or Toka is outright better as a fighter though. Toka has higher stats (6170 ATT/DEF VS 6300 ATT/DEF) and a healing ability but Nimpha has that increased mana chance.

Decide whether those 20 rings are worth it. I'd just those copies in your bank until you really need the rings so you can delay your choice. Also keep in mind that Sapras will probably beat out Toka and Nimpha.

Thanks, I'll just keep the copies for now.

Honor Recruit is quite good with 4*, hopefully i can get another 2 Toka.

Honor Recruit is quite good with 4*, hopefully i can get another 2 Toka.

I'm actually saving up my honor tokens. I don't want to be caught of guard when I suddenly need a bunch of stamina fruit for the next tower event.

Now that I think of it, this game requires a lot of waiting and saving up items.

Oreoleo

Got a sweet glitch *twice* today where a Coloseum battle starts without the initial mana slot machine roll and I can't move my units or toggle auto battle or the menu or anything. Seems like every other day I'm getting a new glitch that hampers my enjoyment/progress with the game and I'm getting real fuckin sick of it.

Got a sweet glitch *twice* today where a Coloseum battle starts without the initial mana slot machine roll and I can't move my units or toggle auto battle or the menu or anything. Seems like every other day I'm getting a new glitch that hampers my enjoyment/progress with the game and I'm getting real fuckin sick of it.

I've had that happen whenever I challenged someone with an empty party slot. After a while I'm able to auto-battle though.

Rixa

I've had that happen whenever I challenged someone with an empty party slot. After a while I'm able to auto-battle though.

I think top 50 is using this trick sadly. And it aint the only bug there is. There is also this "put only 1 unit to defence" -> That unit must be archer, attacker sees only empty field. Colo is a mess that glitch users are using.

I think top 50 is using this trick sadly. And it aint the only bug there is. There is also this "put only 1 unit to defence" -> That unit must be archer, attacker sees only empty field. Colo is a mess that glitch users are using.

Yeah, how hard is it to do some basic QA right?

Would a full mage team always win when you use that empty party slot trick? Assuming the other team has no ranged units of course.

Rixa

Yeah, how hard is it to do some basic QA right?

Would a full mage team always win when you use that empty party slot trick? Assuming the other team has no ranged units of course.

Nope. I did test this as Iam running full mage team. Ofc I took screen caps and going to do a ticket to Gumi. Iam going to demand compensation + that they fix this shit.

3 Man lockdown here in pics:

Screenshot_2015-06-29-10-52-56.png

Screenshot_2015-06-29-10-53-11.png

Screenshot_2015-06-29-10-53-29.png
I have initial 4 mana. There is no manaroll, I cant do anything (auto battle didnt work either). Pause didnt work.

That opponents trick works if he/she is using <2 ranged units.

Man, the biggest challenge of Zaren's quest is to not fall asleep. Fifteen waves of straight-up autobattling.

Our good friends also appear:
anuxi_tech.gif
anuxi_tech.gif
anuxi_tech.gif

Kettch

At least the quest is incredibly efficient in everything else, besides time spent. 125xp/ap is, I think, the best I've seen since I started playing. 62.5 arcana coins per ap. Even the gold is good. Plus whatever the 3/4 chests are, haven't gotten either yet.

Maybe if I can auto the entire way through without paying attention I'll put stamina fruit into it, think I need to level Mei a bit more.

lankelink

Neo Member
At least the quest is incredibly efficient in everything else, besides time spent. 125xp/ap is, I think, the best I've seen since I started playing. 62.5 arcana coins per ap. Even the gold is good. Plus whatever the 3/4 chests are, haven't gotten either yet.

Maybe if I can auto the entire way through without paying attention I'll put stamina fruit into it, think I need to level Mei a bit more.

Third chest is a 2* knight enhancer. Don't know the drop rate, only got it once

chrono01

Zaren's Challenge is going to be such a headache to farm. It's not difficult, I can manage to auto-battle through the whole thing, but 15 waves? Seriously?

Kettch

Think I might need to forget the idea of using stamina fruit. The quest takes me 340 seconds to go through from starting screen to starting screen on 2x auto. So to use up a full batch of 66ap with the quest it'll take around 4.5 hours, if my math is right...

Aki-at

The goblins aren't as annoying before since they hardly take much health. Only the archer Zaren that can take a good amount of health and the effects of poison are the things to worry about this time round, great to see a 2* arcana is a drop, makes it more worthwhile than running a daily.

But the best news so far...

o1UNa.gif

Think I might need to forget the idea of using stamina fruit. The quest takes me 340 seconds to go through from starting screen to starting screen on 2x auto. So to use up a full batch of 66ap with the quest it'll take around 4.5 hours, if my math is right...

Don't forget in 4.5 hours you get about 36 AP too... so it'll take you a lot more than 4.5 hours to burn through your stamina!

Rixa

The goblins aren't as annoying before since they hardly take much health. Only the archer Zaren that can take a good amount of health and the effects of poison are the things to worry about this time round, great to see a 2* arcana is a drop, makes it more worthwhile than running a daily.

o1UNa.gif

Don't forget in 4.5 hours you get about 36 AP too... so it'll take you a lot more than 4.5 hours to burn through your stamina!

^^ So nice. I made 2 pulls, got Iris & Lolleta.
Used about 30x3* and 4x4*, got once great success too.
Then I needed 2 tries for Zaren (without Nimpha). 2nd try got all 4 chests.

Kettch

I took that into account already, but just that is too long. :/

On the bright side, I picked up Zaren. Took something like 15 tries I think. I got the 3rd chest 3 times over the course of that.

garath

o1UNa.gif

Lindsey!!

I'm grabbing her. Screw it. I'll figure out how to save for Frau. My level 60 Lindsey with Grief sword will finally be relevant again :)

Gizuko

Jesus, I can't believe I just did a tavern pull. I find it even harder to believe I just pulled Musica (one ticket). I so need her in jpCC too.

The downside is I had just given my only 4* archer enhancer to friggin' Phillip. "What are the chances I get a worthwhile archer?". Even in kindness, RNG is mean.

Did you guys see that in-game Chain Chronicle news post about Anime Expo? Seems like you can get some bad exclusive 3* sword. Someone here should go just because Gumi is there lol.

I also noticed that Sapras is pretty cool. Apparently she uses swords and you can even get a special crit based weapon in her raid. I always thought she used maces.

Jesus, I can't believe I just did a tavern pull. I find it even harder to believe I just pulled Musica (one ticket). I so need her in jpCC too.

Nice!

Avalt

So if you can choose only one.... MLB Lindsey or MLB Trystan? Which one is better overall?

My soldier team:
MLB Selene
LB2 Coro
LB2 Toka
LB1 Bernadette
LB0 Chiyome

desverger

Got Zaren! Drop rate is definitely better than Mei's quest. Took me about 15 tries.

I'm glad they understood this, Zaren is basically "free" help for the Sapuras raid.

So if you can choose only one.... MLB Lindsey or MLB Trystan? Which one is better overall?

My soldier team:
MLB Selene
LB2 Coro
LB2 Toka
LB1 Bernadette
LB0 Chiyome

I'm asumming both are fully limit broken. Using these links as source.
Sulstan
Lindsey

Attack
Sulstan has a higher attack because of the 5% ATK bonus from his skill. If this scales with the ATK gained from weapons this could make a pretty huge difference.

HP
Lindsey has 520 more HP and a regeneration skill. Sulstan has his lifesteal but I'm not sure if it beats out the raw HP that Lindsey has, it could be, especially if you use his ability. I don't have any experience with lifesteal myself though.

Abilities
Lindsey has her 1-mana single target skill. It's some good utility. Sulstan also has a great skill and is even better in arena than Coropatilon

Other
Lindsey walks a bit faster.

Conclusion
Pretty hard decision on this one. I don't know if one beats out the other but if I had to choose I'd pick Sulstan. I don't think it really matters in the long run though.

garath

My soldier team:
MLB Selene
LB2 Coro
LB2 Toka
LB1 Bernadette
LB0 Chiyome

Honestly, I'm in a similar boat with this setup:

MLB Trystan
MLB Selene
LB2 Coro
LB0 Lilith

Phoena
Dusty (for volunteer sword) later this will probably millagen for the defense boost

I'm actually thinking I'd replace the Coro with MLB Lindsey. Trystan has a similar 2 mana AoE attack wtih the added bonus of the stun. Lindsey will fill that nice 1 mana spam skill. Just based on sheer stats, having the 3 MLB characters will be far more valuable than the LB2 Coro.

Avalt

Got Zaren! Drop rate is definitely better than Mei's quest. Took me about 15 tries.

I'm glad they understood this, Zaren is basically "free" help for the Sapuras raid.

15 tries to get the last chest? I got 2 of those silver chests in 3 attempts..... Must have been lucky :p

I'm actually thinking I'd replace the Coro with MLB Lindsey. Trystan has a similar 2 mana AoE attack wtih the added bonus of the stun. Lindsey will fill that nice 1 mana spam skill. Just based on sheer stats, having the 3 MLB characters will be far more valuable than the LB2 Coro.

I'd atleast wait until the end of the demon raid before deciding. With some luck you could get a pretty strong Sapras.

There's also Moinette. She's from a tower event so having a little stockpile of rings is pretty useful. She isn't that good though but probably better than Lindsey.

garath

I'd atleast wait until the end of the demon raid before deciding. With some luck you could get a pretty strong Sapras.

There's also Moinette. She's from a tower event so having a little stockpile of rings is pretty useful. She isn't that good though but probably better than Lindsey.

Is Sapras that super strong demon that basically invalidates all other warriors? lol. We're getting that soon?

garath

What is your setup do you can full auto?

On Zaren's quest? I can full auto.

MLB Trystan
MLB Selene
LB2 Coro
LB0 Lilith

I just hit Lilith's special once in awhile but frankly that might not even be necessary. It's Lilith that really makes it all possible.

Absol

I haven't logged in the game ever since Heavensward early access. Got hype with the new title screen thinking ver. 2 was here then disappointment came lol.

Boy..parting away with rings is super hard. ;3;

I'm now second guessing if I want to MLB Linz.

For high tier warriors I currently have Lolleta (60), Lindsey (65), Coro (65), Selene (75).

With that roster and my 276 rings, should I just gun for MLB Lindsey? Or maybe grab Tystan as it's the last day to get him.

I also have an Amille at 50..but I only really use him for that sub-party attack buff and he isn't meant to be a fighter at all. I do have 2 Ioh's I ended up keeping, but he never really becomes decent does he? Should I just sell both and get the 20 rings?

elty

Got Zaren, why can't Mei be this easy?

Is there going to be any replacement for Lindsey? Someone that has 1 mana spam to tank.

garath

Boy..parting away with rings is super hard. ;3;

I'm now second guessing if I want to MLB Linz.

For high tier warriors I currently have Lolleta (60), Lindsey (65), Coro (65), Selene (75).

With that roster and my 276 rings, should I just gun for MLB Lindsey? Or maybe grab Tystan as it's the last day to get him.

I also have an Amille at 50..but I only really use him for that sub-party attack buff and he isn't meant to be a fighter at all. I do have 2 Ioh's I ended up keeping, but he never really becomes decent does he? Should I just sell both and get the 20 rings?

Well you won't be able to MLB Trystan with that amount of rings. I'd almost say go with MLB'ing Lindsey and continue saving rings for Frau.

edit: Wow. This was a "get screwed" day on colo. Went from 1xx rank to 2700. Did a couple battles to get back to 1500 or so, few hours later I'm back to 2700.

edit2: Lol. Then I click on the wrong challnger and only go up to 2500. Whoops.

elty

Zaren quest is much more autoable with a mage (2 Selene + Nimpha + Filiana + Melvina). I only need to heal irregularly (wave 10).

Melvina in front, 3 warrior in middle, mage at back.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I remember reading that Deed was re-released in Japan. I will stock up on rings so I can MLB her if she gets a global re-release.

Quixzlizx

I'm not sure what to do about the raid. I have Coro at 70/70, Lephret at 24/60, and Zaren at 1/60. And I should probably sell any 3* enhancers I get from the Zaren quest to help get enough rings for both Lindsey and Frau.

garath

I'm not sure what to do about the raid. I have Coro at 70/70, Lephret at 24/60, and Zaren at 1/60. And I should probably sell any 3* enhancers I get from the Zaren quest to help get enough rings for both Lindsey and Frau.

I'm throwing everything at zaren myself. Not replacing coro's A rank weapon. Don't have another mace user

Edit: just noticed zaren's cost is 20. Really gumi?

Stider

A prime indicator of spending too much money on this game: have spent 770 rings in the last 2 days to MLB Trystan and Lindsey and 1 copy of the knight. Still have over 400 rings left.

Oreoleo

Edit: just noticed zaren's cost is 20. Really gumi?

My interpretation of that is it's Sega's/Gumi's answer to power creep, along with the quest being 15 waves. I'm suspecting we'll see this become more commonplace in the future.

But as someone who started playing just after the Coro raid, I'm happy to finally have my first mace character some 4 months later.

Gizuko

In JPCC news as I am not getting any more demon drops and will probably be stuck with LB3 as usual:

New Iron Chef arcana

Aludra gets a V.2!

Going to be interesting to see what Sega will bring for the 2nd anniversary event.

I might end up with a LB3 as well, lack of event weapons is making 110+ hell.
Also, really excited for Aludra v2, I never liked her v1 skill, hope they tune it like they did with Izaya's.

My interpretation of that is it's Sega's/Gumi's answer to power creep, along with the quest being 15 waves. I'm suspecting we'll see this become more commonplace in the future.

But as someone who started playing just after the Coro raid, I'm happy to finally have my first mace character some 4 months later.

Most demons/event characters/worthwhile f2p characters (disregarding FR exchange) are cost 20-22. It is their answer to both power creep and f2p alike, as most tavern "v2" (stat-wise, not re-releases) characters range from 18 to 20 cost instead.

Zaren's cost was Sega's fault, according to the translated jp wiki.

Anko

Wow. Colosseum. What the fuck is this shit.

All 5 of my fights were bugged. I couldn't do anything. Cheery just sat there and nuked me from afar while my units stood in place. Nothing works. I can't even press menu or auto. The sole consolation being I won three of my fights in spite of that. But I fell right back to my initial placement soon after.

Edit:
I did notice the empty slots.
Is this a bug on Gumi's end or something people do to glitch the game out (ie. deliberately leave a slot empty to get the bug to hit anyone who challenges)

Top Bottom