• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Wow. Colosseum. What the fuck is this shit.

All 5 of my fights were bugged. I couldn't do anything. Cheery just sat there and nuked me from afar while my units stood in place. Nothing works. I can't even press menu or auto. The sole consolation being I won three of my fights in spite of that. But I fell right back to my initial placement soon after.

Edit:
I did notice the empty slots.
Is this a bug on Gumi's end or something people do to glitch the game out (ie. deliberately leave a slot empty to get the bug to hit anyone who challenges)

They definitely do it deliberately, Gumi should fix it.

Rixa

Wow. Colosseum. What the fuck is this shit.

All 5 of my fights were bugged. I couldn't do anything. Cheery just sat there and nuked me from afar while my units stood in place. Nothing works. I can't even press menu or auto. The sole consolation being I won three of my fights in spite of that. But I fell right back to my initial placement soon after.

Edit:
I did notice the empty slots.
Is this a bug on Gumi's end or something people do to glitch the game out (ie. deliberately leave a slot empty to get the bug to hit anyone who challenges)

They definitely do it deliberately, Gumi should fix it.

Yes, they know what they do. Check my post from last page.

Gumi knows this but dunno what they are doing to this. Colo is a huge mess and mostly unplayable nowadays.

Anko

It wasn't as bad before so I wrote it off as some unfortunate bug on my end. I didn't expect this to be an exploit. Almost everyone had an empty slot today.

chrono01

It wasn't as bad before so I wrote it off as some unfortunate bug on my end. I didn't expect this to be an exploit. Almost everyone had an empty slot today.
Yeah, as much as I'd hate to do it, I might have to do the same.

I'd love it if Gumi would just fix it, but as it stands I keep falling further and further down the rankings [since so many are using the bug], if I let things remain as they are I'll just continue to plummet. :/

Rixa

I'd love it if Gumi would just fix it, but as it stands I keep falling further and further down the rankings [since so many are using the bug], if I let things remain as they are I'll just continue to plummet. :/

Today I saw a player that had 4 level 1 Lindseys in team and in sub there was level 60 Lindsey. Trying to use that "cant do anything for a while warrior skill spam bug".

How hard it was to code so that you cant use many same characaters. Earlier I did see 2 Aludras + 1 Cheery. F*cking annoying.

desverger

The problem is, if you don't do it - you'll be targeted way more often than someone with a bugged party. It's been quite evident since I filled a 4th member I dropped like 2000 ranks immediately before the day changed.

With that said, I stopped caring about Colo until they fix the bugs. Fighting those bugged parties is in no way fun or rewarding.

chrono01

Today I saw a player that had 4 level 1 Lindseys in team and in sub there was level 60 Lindsey. Trying to use that "cant do anything for a while warrior skill spam bug".

How hard it was to code so that you cant use many same characaters. Earlier I did see 2 Aludras + 1 Cheery. F*cking annoying.
Yeah, it's kind of embarrassing. :/

The problem is, if you don't do it - you'll be targeted way more often than someone with a bugged party. It's been quite evident since I filled a 4th member I dropped like 2000 ranks immediately before the day changed.
Exactly. I don't want to do it, but if I want to remain competitive I don't really have a choice.

Ugh.

Rixa

Yeah, it's kind of embarrassing. :/

Exactly. I don't want to do it, but if I want to remain competitive I don't really have a choice.

Ugh.

Yup. Didnt get any compensation for my ticket so I decded "Why do I give shit and give other players boost".

Aki-at

Coliseum is a mess. I got in the 400 rankings over the weekend and managed to stay there. Then the thing bugged up on me and I couldn't even access it. Just using it for honour tokens now and not much else.

Also heads up, if you guys want another copy of Zaren you'll be able to pick him up at Titan's Cave. Not sure if I should limit break my Zaren or not.

I might end up with a LB3 as well, lack of event weapons is making 110+ hell.
Also, really excited for Aludra v2, I never liked her v1 skill, hope they tune it like they did with Izaya's.

I would say your buffing unit is really helping me though the 100+ levels.

Makes me see the light of how strong dancers are in this game.

Definitely going to start aiming to get them now.

garath

Pulled Slay from honor summon... twice lol. New chain quest yay. Doing that today. I need like 10 more rings to MLB Lindsey. Decided to go for it and then save through the next demon raid etc for Frau. I may not MLB Frau but I should get a few copies at least.

Aki-at

Pulled Slay from honor summon... twice lol. New chain quest yay. Doing that today. I need like 10 more rings to MLB Lindsey. Decided to go for it and then save through the next demon raid etc for Frau. I may not MLB Frau but I should get a few copies at least.

I've found the Zaren event to be a great source of rings too. Managed to snag myself 3 3* enhancer today. Whoever suggested putting in a Mage had a brilliant idea. Ever since I put Minimo in the team and combing her pre wave healing with Selene, I've been able to auto the battle 90% of the time.

garath

I've found the Zaren event to be a great source of rings too. Managed to snag myself 3 3* enhancer today. Whoever suggested putting in a Mage had a brilliant idea. Ever since I put Minimo in the team and combing her pre wave healing with Selene, I've been able to auto the battle 90% of the time.

Oh. That's a good idea. Good return on that quest.

X9QlFtQ.jpg

New FR character in JPCC

Looking at her skills, she's actually kinda meh, lol

Status up while fighting in beach/sea/underwater and immune to seal. I guess the 17x atk to one unit is kinda good if you need a mage nuker.

I guess I'll blow some rings on Garland instead since my luck with the 2k arcana coins pull has been crap

elty

I sometimes farm the zaren quest when I have nothing to do, but it is too time consuming and still not complete auto able even with a mage.

Gizuko

I would say your buffing unit is really helping me though the 100+ levels.

Makes me see the light of how strong dancers are in this game.

Definitely going to start aiming to get them now.

Oh, have you tried both Roxanna and Trelancia? Which one do you think is the most helpful?

Trelancia's per-wave buff stacks, but her skill is only a 30% buff vs Rox's 50%. I just can decide on a suitable leader.

@Vylash: Damn, that kiseki collab makes me so jealous, wish they'd bring it over to jpCC as well.

Oh, have you tried both Roxanna and Trelancia? Which one do you think is the most helpful?

Trelancia's per-wave buff stacks, but her skill is only a 30% buff vs Rox's 50%. I just can decide on a suitable leader.

@Vylash: Damn, that kiseki collab makes me so jealous, wish they'd bring it over to jpCC as well.

I'm actually finding Trelancia more helpful haha

The atk buff is less sure, but the healing a lot more helpful since in levels 110+, the main problem isn't killing the boss in time but not being swarmed by the multiple bosses that keep coming

Gizuko

I'm actually finding Trelancia more helpful haha

The atk buff is less sure, but the healing a lot more helpful since in levels 110+, the main problem isn't killing the boss in time but not being swarmed by the multiple bosses that keep coming

Nice!

I was kinda wary of her at first, but it seems a lot of people are using her so I guess Rox can rest for a while (I'm also getting more friend requests with Trelancia lol). Thank you for the feedback haha

Anko

Er. What the hell? I dropped from 172 to 2552 in the last 5 minutes of the colosseum? How is that possible? My last battle bugged out and froze after I lost so I restarted the app. Came back and all I got was the rewards for rank 2552. Thanks Gumi.

bonkeng

Er. What the hell? I dropped from 172 to 2552 in the last 5 minutes of the colosseum? How is that possible? My last battle bugged out and froze after I lost so I restarted the app. Came back and all I got was the rewards for rank 2552. Thanks Gumi.

The reason you went down a lot maybe is because of the The Empty Slot glitch?

Players will only mostly challenge those with full team party rather than the glitch team, unless you know how to set up a team that can beat a glitch team.

I'm currently using the glitch defense as well. Or I will always end up at rank 1k and above.

Now I ended up quite high :D

Kettch

A long fall is more likely because of the pause exploit. Basically, 8 hours ago someone challenged the rank 172 player (probably not you), then paused their game. During that 8 hours, you moved up to 172 and the player with the paused game fell down to 2552. Then in the final moments before the ranks are counted, that player unpaused and finished beating their opponent. This swapped them from their current rank (2552) with the rank of their opponent (172), which unfortunately happened to be you at the time.

Anko

A long fall is more likely because of the pause exploit. Basically, 8 hours ago someone challenged the rank 172 player (probably not you), then paused their game. During that 8 hours, you moved up to 172 and the player with the paused game fell down to 2552. Then in the final moments before the ranks are counted, that player unpaused and finished beating their opponent. This swapped them from their current rank (2552) with the rank of their opponent (172), which unfortunately happened to be you at the time.

Pretty sure you would be logged out and can't hold a match that long? At least, that happens to me, not that I've tried to pause the Colosseum. I do have a glitched defense team but this sucks. A lot.

desverger

Pretty sure you would be logged out and can't hold a match that long? At least, that happens to me, not that I've tried to pause the Colosseum. I do have a glitched defense team but this sucks. A lot.

It's possible to keep a battle paused for hours and if you happen to win that fight, nothing that happened to your rank earlier doesn't matter.

A simple 5 min timer for a fight would fix a lot of the pausing exploits.

But yeah, a ranked pvp system with swapped hard ranks = great idea.

Rixa

It's possible to keep a battle paused for hours and if you happen to win that fight, nothing that happened to your rank earlier doesn't matter.

A simple 5 min timer for a fight would fix a lot of the pausing exploits.

But yeah, a ranked pvp system with swapped hard ranks = great idea.

Indeed, Ive been victim too of that and lost a shitton of places.

A simple counter how many units you have in party would fix a lot of the fighting exploits.

But yeah, a ranked pvp system with possibility of units missing in party causing bugs = great betatesting.

bonkeng

Atleast we can beat a glitch team, specially with a tanky knight and a high atk mage.

The random crash is what annoys me the most.

Oreoleo

It's possible as long as you don't do much else on your phone. The app will stay active so long as you don't do something like browse the web which will cause the phone to swap RAM or whatever, forcing CC to reload when you bring it to the front again.

Miff

Love the new login screen!

But not happy to read about all these exploits. Neglected my ranking recently and was planning to rise up again..

On a positive note, I didn't lose any buddies due after misplacing my phone for a day... :)

I'm pretty sure that the auto-battle button starts working after an enemy who is abusing that empty party member glitch activates one of his abilities.

What sword is free to get and good for Lindsey? I don't have any 4* sword.

Both quests in the Military Cape (Nine territories) give a 4* sword. The swords aren't that good though.

Rixa

I'm pretty sure that the auto-battle button starts working after an enemy who is abusing that empty party member glitch activates one of his abilities.

Yes it does. But me using all mage team. Enemy wont use skills. Today run 3 one member missing fights (and under 2 ranged opponents) 2 fights worked ok (againts 5 units same time). Last fight was glitched and lost again.

Stupid Gumi should fix this.

Yes it does. But me using all mage team. Enemy wont use skills. Today run 3 one member missing fights (and under 2 ranged opponents) 2 fights worked ok (againts 5 units same time). Last fight was glitched and lost again.

Stupid Gumi should fix this.

I also had that 5 unit glitch appear sometimes. It's nice.

Kettch

I finally made it through the story and finished Phoena's quest. Only took 2 revival fruits on that final wave which was nice, but I probably could have cut it down to 1 if I'd saved some AoE for all those healers that popped out.

Also, they've apparently "fixed" the pause exploit by having a timer, where if you take too long the battle doesn't count. Still pretty pathetic as even with a 15-20 minute pause ability you can have immunity for more than the final hour before the rankings reset. At least they're working on things though, hopefully the far more feature destroying 3-man glitch is up next.

garath

This advance mage training quest is pretty great. Seems like the 3* enhancer has a solid 40% chance with a Nimpha friend and the 2* drops almost every time. It's a lot of AP but it's far better than the daily. Going to farm this up as much as possible.

Gizuko

The advanced quest is toying with me. I have only gotten 1/2* enh so far, with either cleora or nimpha for rate increase.

Quixzlizx

The Colosseum just glitched on me. When I go into it, I get nothing but the background to show up. Restarting the app and restarting the phone didn't help : (

Edit: Started a ticket, got an e-mail asking me to provide more info. Need to sign into the Gumi forums to do this. My user/pw combo won't work, so I ask for an e-mail to reset my pw. E-mail never arrived.

Rixa

The Colosseum just glitched on me. When I go into it, I get nothing but the background to show up. Restarting the app and restarting the phone didn't help : (

Edit: Started a ticket, got an e-mail asking me to provide more info. Need to sign into the Gumi forums to do this. My user/pw combo won't work, so I ask for an e-mail to reset my pw. E-mail never arrived.

Yeah its a known glitch. Gumi should also know that too. So many glitches in Colo makes me sad.

Azusa

Is cave challenge hard? I have almost levelled MLB Marga + I have maxed MLB Dusty and 2* Latty. I'm thinking to use Parchelle as tank. If I remember correctly there are like 50 stages and with each stage she should take 2.5% less damage (up to 50%).

I hope 19 revive fruits will be enough.

Aki-at

Chain GAF you're back! I was going into withdrawal.

Is cave challenge hard? I have almost levelled MLB Marga + I have maxed MLB Dusty and 2* Latty. I'm thinking to use Parchelle as tank. If I remember correctly there are like 50 stages and with each stage she should take 2.5% less damage (up to 50%).

I hope 19 revive fruits will be enough.

I had a more or less MLB team of Marga, Dusty, Latty, Linda AND a MLB Dusty friend and it still cost me 6 retries. It's tough, especially when you start being hit by poison. But it's still doable, if you need me to provide assistance with one of my 2* let me know so I can switch to one.

Gizuko

Hello again CCGaf!

I meant to ask before, but Gaf was down. How did the jpRaid go? Managed to MLB in the nick of time, but it was bad overall.

By the way, my current lead, Tatiana, has a 50% increase in gold, in case you were wondering why I chose her.

Vecks

Hello again CCGaf!

I meant to ask before, but Gaf was down. How did the jpRaid go? Managed to MLB in the nick of time, but it was bad overall.

By the way, my current lead, Tatiana, has a 50% increase in gold, in case you were wondering why I chose her.

I didn't get very far this time, and didn't even realize it was going to be over. Only ended up with lb2. Was 30 dc pulls away from getting the guaranteed copy.

Gizuko

I didn't get very far this time, and didn't even realize it was going to be over. Only ended up with lb2. Was 30 dc pulls away from getting the guaranteed copy.

Well, on the bright side she doesn't seem very good - and seems pretty niche as well. But yeah, I was surprised as well, I was counting on it lasting at least 9 more hours.

DC rings and the free quests were pretty handy, though.

Edit:
Pretty meh, only got to LB3. Had terrible luck with drops and the gatcha and only got to the 120s so oh well.

I am liking this gold event though. Helping me recover my gold from the past two events lol

Fes treated me like shit, but at least we are getting new beast characters, so I can waste my remaining tickets there.

This urgent quest is especially good, gotta check, but seems up there with the 30 ap daily. I needed something like this, I was down to 200k haha.

Top Bottom