• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Hello again CCGaf!

I meant to ask before, but Gaf was down. How did the jpRaid go? Managed to MLB in the nick of time, but it was bad overall.

By the way, my current lead, Tatiana, has a 50% increase in gold, in case you were wondering why I chose her.

Pretty meh, only got to LB3. Had terrible luck with drops and the gatcha and only got to the 120s so oh well.

I am liking this gold event though. Helping me recover my gold from the past two events lol

Kettch

In case anyone hasn't noticed, Gumi changed the gauntlet reset time to 3 hours later than it was before. They also forget to get rid of the old reset though, so it'll still reset at the old time as well even though the timer doesn't say so.

bonkeng

In case anyone hasn't noticed, Gumi changed the gauntlet reset time to 3 hours later than it was before. They also forget to get rid of the old reset though, so it'll still reset at the old time as well even though the timer doesn't say so.

Yeah i noticed it yesterday. I can reset 4 times per day.

Aki-at

Alright guys I think I might have found a way past this infernal Coliseum minus one party member glitch, not sure if anyone else has noticed this.

Even if you don't have any control over your character, as long as you can wait it out you should be able to auto battle the game at some point. I'd recommend people having a Knight team that should negate the mages damage. Also be sure to time it after they've unleashed their special attack (If you can.)

Yeah I saw this and thought my game had glitched out, seems I'm able to do a run 4 times a day, which is great, means a 3* pull a day is more or less guaranteed.

bonkeng

Alright guys I think I might have found a way past this infernal Coliseum minus one party member glitch, not sure if anyone else has noticed this.

Even if you don't have any control over your character, as long as you can wait it out you should be able to auto battle the game at some point. I'd recommend people having a Knight team that should negate the mages damage. Also be sure to time it after they've unleashed their special attack (If you can.)

Yeah a solid knight is a must. And you can only autobattle after enemy uses skills, but by then you're already severely disadvantaged.

Take note that although this is technically a 5 vs 6 battle, the opponent is in autobattle and can use skills, while your team is in manual and no skills.

My team is Lephret, Aludra, Trystan and Selene. I can consistently win most battles.

I put Lephret as my lead to tank/cover Aludra, then Selene and Trystan will help Lephret once the melee closes in.

One more thing, avoid those teams with 2 or more range unit, they will destroy you most of the time.

The biggest problem for now is those using pause abuse. I got to rank 2 yesterday a minute before time up, but still dropped to 36.

desverger

Hmm, I just had a successful battle in Colosseum against a "missing party member" team.

Everything was normal, I had a mana roll, countdown and could move/use skills. Utterly devastated that fight, lol.

So I guess they're doing something to fix the Colo at least. I can't guarantee it'll be fixed every time, but it worked that time.

edit: Make that two times it's been fine. It could've been the fact that there were no ranged party members in there.

Hmm, I just had a successful battle in Colosseum against a "missing party member" team.

Everything was normal, I had a mana roll, countdown and could move/use skills. Utterly devastated that fight, lol.

So I guess they're doing something to fix the Colo at least. I can't guarantee it'll be fixed every time, but it worked that time.

edit: Make that two times it's been fine. It could've been the fact that there were no ranged party members in there.

Did the enemy spawn with 5 guys at the same time? That's another result of the glitch.

desverger

Did the enemy spawn with 5 guys at the same time? That's another result of the glitch.

Yep, everything out at once. One Coro spin took care of them, lol.

I really hope they'd fix that bug for good, though.

edit: 2 other fights were buggy as feck. The top 500 is consistently abusing this bug.

Kettch

Ugh, made it up to 530 before my last challenge, then I get 3 glitch teams for opponents. Refresh, and then I've been knocked out of range of the top 500. :/ Definitely hurts a lot using a full team for defense, gets you hit immediately, but I'm not a fan of using game breaking exploits.

Ugh, made it up to 530 before my last challenge, then I get 3 glitch teams for opponents. Refresh, and then I've been knocked out of range of the top 500. :/ Definitely hurts a lot using a full team for defense, gets you hit immediately, but I'm not a fan of using game breaking exploits.

I'm also not using it since I don't like to cheat.
I don't get the feeling that I'm targeted more though, I mostly fall back to some rank between 2000 and 1500 and just try to climb back.

Has anyone already noticed when that "5 party members at the same time" glitch happens? It's the same set-up as the normal empty slot glitch but for some reason there are different results. Maybe it has something to do with the sub-party, I've noticed that reinforcements don't work for the enemy when they use that glitch.

Kettch

I'm also not using it since I don't like to cheat.
I don't get the feeling that I'm targeted more though, I mostly fall back to some rank between 2000 and 1500 and just try to climb back.

Has anyone already noticed when that "5 party members at the same time" glitch happens? It's the same set-up as the normal empty slot glitch but for some reason there are different results. Maybe it has something to do with the sub-party, I've noticed that reinforcements don't work for the enemy when they use that glitch.

It's not really a problem during the day. I tend to get knocked down to around 2000 or so. When you start climbing into the upper ranks though, especially at the end of the day, any full team gets jumped on immediately.

Think I might need to start settling for a top 1000 spot and just give up on the prysma.

garath

It's not really a problem during the day. I tend to get knocked down to around 2000 or so. When you start climbing into the upper ranks though, especially at the end of the day, any full team gets jumped on immediately.

Think I might need to start settling for a top 1000 spot and just give up on the prysma.

I've given up on the prysma. Its impossible for me to play that late and usually if I stay between 500-1000 I don't get sniped as much.

Glitchers are out of control. I actually just beat one in the 600 rank since he was still unbeaten from last night and sent him back to 2000 lol

Azusa

My cave team is ready. Also I gave them B rank weapons and maxed that too.

I need maxed Dusty friend help. Anyone?

aspgIKv.png

Quixzlizx

Is a level 50 Latty going to outperform a Level 60 Lilith, even with the 2* bonus? Lilith also has the lowest hp per-wave heal going for her.

desverger

MLB Selene will be almost identical to a TC Dusty, stats-wise. Selene also has a wave heal, so I would recommend using her over a second Dusty.

MLB Coro would also be an option. Due to the sheer amount of waves and mobs, she'll gain a ludicrous amount of attack and you would also have an option for aoe as well.

Also something I've considered into bringing into TC would be Zaren. Most of the goonies will be black army, so that would be some nice killspeed for regular waves. I haven't tested that, though.

Aki-at

MLB Selene will be almost identical to a TC Dusty, stats-wise. Selene also has a wave heal, so I would recommend using her over a second Dusty.

if the boost is 2.5x then Dusty still has a massive advantage over Selene (2500 more attack!) and his special is only a one mana attack.

Selene does work out with the prewave heal but in terms of base power, Dusty wins out.

Is a level 50 Latty going to outperform a Level 60 Lilith, even with the 2* bonus? Lilith also has the lowest hp per-wave heal going for her.

The 2* bonus is 2.5x so I think she'll easily outperform Lilith.

If you still want help with a Dusty my player ID is 164568728, let me know when you add me and I'll switch to Dusty.

Aki-at

MLB Coro would also be an option. Due to the sheer amount of waves and mobs, she'll gain a ludicrous amount of attack and you would also have an option for aoe as well.

This was an interesting idea so I decided to try it right now, but it seems that Coro's special ability gets a cap at some point, she can't go any further than 1901 with a normal attack, still stronger than Dusty (Who's at 1500 or so) so very useful for anyone who wants to attempt Titan's Cave.

She would have higher base attack, but Lilith has way better abilities, way better range, and I have a maxed Dawn Cane on her.

Now you're just showing off haha.

My Melvina weeps ;__;

I did it!! Used only 7 Revival Fruit.

Congrats!

I only hope Gumi's "free" help isn't an indicator that they're going to bump up the difficulty again!

Actually wondering if I should go with Coro into the coming event or Zaren + Lephret with a soldier combo. Really going to depend if I can get hold of a second special mace.

Quixzlizx

This was an interesting idea so I decided to try it right now, but it seems that Coro's special ability gets a cap at some point, she can't go any further than 1901 with a normal attack, still stronger than Dusty (Who's at 1500 or so) so very useful for anyone who wants to attempt Titan's Cave.

Now you're just showing off haha.

My Melvina weeps ;__;

Congrats!

I only hope Gumi's "free" help isn't an indicator that they're going to bump up the difficulty again!

Actually wondering if I should go with Coro into the coming event or Zaren + Lephret with a soldier combo. Really going to depend if I can get hold of a second special mace.

My bad qq

I'm also wondering the same thing about the raid. I've spent the last week leveling Lephret up to 60, but the problem is my knights have absolutely zero healing among them, since I don't have Parchelle. At least with Coro, I'd have Selene and Toka in the party, plus any Coro friends who are willing to replace her weapon with the raid weapon. I have Wild Boar on her currently, but I've been saving Million Impact, and I can always (eventually) craft decent clubs with Lephret.

desverger

I see, I always thought the bonus was 2x - that's why I figured Selene was close to Dusty.

Anyway, sounds like Coro would be the better option for TC if you don't mind the lack of wave heal.

Also, for you, I think Zaren + Lephret is a very nice combo for the upcoming raid and far better than Coro.

garath

I don't want to replace my coro's wild boar but I'm afraid I might have to. I don't have a knight party except an unleveled Alvert LB1. :/

I guess it isn't so bad since I'm planning on replacing coro in my main party with MLB Lindsey when I finish leveling her

Kettch

Anyone plan on setting a Lolleta with the raid weapon as leader? I think a full soldier team with her is the best way for me to go.

Aki-at

My bad qq

I'm also wondering the same thing about the raid. I've spent the last week leveling Lephret up to 60, but the problem is my knights have absolutely zero healing among them, since I don't have Parchelle. At least with Coro, I'd have Selene and Toka in the party, plus any Coro friends who are willing to replace her weapon with the raid weapon. I have Wild Boar on her currently, but I've been saving Million Impact, and I can always (eventually) craft decent clubs with Lephret.

Yeah I'm going to be giving it to my Coro if I don't go with Zaren, I still have the Hedgehog mace we got from her raid attached to her.

I completely forgot I had a Toka, her combined with Selene may tip the favour in me going with a Warrior team instead of a soldier one thanks to the pre-wave healing.

I see, I always thought the bonus was 2x - that's why I figured Selene was close to Dusty.

Anyway, sounds like Coro would be the better option for TC if you don't mind the lack of wave heal.

Also, for you, I think Zaren + Lephret is a very nice combo for the upcoming raid and far better than Coro.

I think this also means a lvl 75 Coro is also better than a Selene in terms of attack power too in TC, but her pre-wave heal should come in handy if you want to tank it. Kind of amazing I managed to get to wave 41 without breaking a sweat heh.

As for the raid, It's a tough choice because my warrior team is full of 3 MLB characters (Selene, Lindsey and Sulstan) with a lvl 75 Coro and lvl 40 Jedah. On the flip side a lvl 65 Zaren and lvl 60 Lephret is better than those two but the only other lvl 60 soldier I have is Audette... I think I'm going to hold off as long as I can before giving a mace to anyone. If I can get a couple before the demon waves start to get tough then I'll go with my solider team, if not it's the warrior team all the way.

Anybody plan to pull Brewery? Does her weapon have the same multiplier with the mace in this raid?

If Gareth pulls a 5* I'm willing to go all in for her haha.

Kettch

I think the drop rate is probably in the 5-10% range. Haven't bothered to count how many 4th chests I've gotten, since it's been so many. Definitely way, way higher than Mei.

Anyone plan on setting a Lolleta with the raid weapon as leader? I think a full soldier team with her is the best way for me to go.

I'll do it. You're KetGAF right?

Her ability is looking pretty good in this raid, I hope there won't be any HP power creep with this one since nobody has a mace unit as good as Selene.

Oreoleo

Did they fix the Colosseum glitch? I dropped from like ~300 to 1960 after holding rank pretty steady for the past 2 or 3 days.

Did they fix the Colosseum glitch? I dropped from like ~300 to 1960 after holding rank pretty steady for the past 2 or 3 days.

There are a bundle of glitches but if you're talking about the "empty party slot" glitch then it hasn't been fixed, I just had it happen to me.

Kettch

I'll do it. You're KetGAF right?

Her ability is looking pretty good in this raid, I hope there won't be any HP power creep with this one since nobody has a mace unit as good as Selene.

Yep, that's me. Thanks.

I'll probably be leaving Nimpha as my leader for this. All I have for mace users is Zaren, who I haven't bothered leveling up yet, and...Lynda. Who is going to get my raid weapon I guess. At least I can still help out in the raid triggering battles.

Oreoleo

There are a bundle of glitches but if you're talking about the "empty party slot" glitch then it hasn't been fixed, I just had it happen to me.
Yeah that was the one. It seems sort of random, I just fought a team with an empty slot and got the starting mana roll and had full control of my team. Just seems weird I would drop so many spots compared to previous days if the glitch is still widespread.

chrono01

What's the deal with the 1 level1 team in colo?

There's quite a number at the top 10.

Anybody tried?
Yeah, there's a lot of glitching/hacking going on with the Colosseum. Seeing everyone in the higher ranking using the "one empty party member" glitch forced me to do the same. I feel dirty, but if Gumi isn't intent on fixing it [it's been like this for a long time now], I have no choice but to do the same to remain competitive.

So thanks Gumi.

bonkeng

Yeah, there's a lot of glitching/hacking going on with the Colosseum. Seeing everyone in the higher ranking using the "one empty party member" glitch forced me to do the same. I feel dirty, but if Gumi isn't intent on fixing it [it's been like this for a long time now], I have no choice but to do the same to remain competitive.

So thanks Gumi.

How does it work? I mean, what will happen if we challenge the level 1 bug?

chrono01

So that's what it was! Dang, that's dirty.
Yeah. :(

I'm hoping Gumi fixes ALL bugs soon, so we can all compete fair and square [like we should be able to]. As it is right now, you basically use in-game bugs/glitches against other in-game bugs/glitches, and hope you win. It's just not right.

Hey Gumi, maybe instead of giving us horribly broken content that's glitched to hell and back give us V2 instead? But that's probably just crazy-talk.

Top Bottom