• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

So I pulled Brewery last night with my last prysma, that's the good news. Then I absent-mindedly proceeded to give her the frying pan weapon thinking that was the one she uses. Of course she can't be equipped with it so I gave her a freakin' tower wand. It was only today that I noticed other Brewery's with the Bacchus Wand. I submitted a request to Gumi to reissue the Bacchus Wand. What Is the chance they come through? I don't know what I was thinking.

Rixa

The only problem is the 3mana cost for Musica. I'm currently running a full mage team. Aludra for the guaranteed 2 mana, Toto for buff, Brewery for main damage, then Ael Gloone, since I don't have any better mage. And another Brewery friend to help clear mobs.

With Phoena sub, I can have 4 x 100k+ bomb by the time Sapras shows herself.

Yup. I havent tested full mage party yet. Might be that I switch to it and use friend Breweries.

Aludra, Nelva, Bilgitto = 4 mana.Then prolly one runefencer either Karen or Rebecca. Few mage subs Rebecca / Karen & Paboa.
Depends if there are Knigth minions or not.

If there are I might go with Coro & Lolleta (BB equipped) Aludra & Bilgitto + Karen / Rebecca subs.

Aki-at

So after 52 demons, 5 blue chest drops with 4 3* characters and one 3* weapon, not a bad return so far.

Going to try and set up a dancer party, does the increase in the characters level increase how much buff they give or is it set in stone irregardless of level?

So I pulled Brewery last night with my last prysma, that's the good news. Then I absent-mindedly proceeded to give her the frying pan weapon thinking that was the one she uses. Of course she can't be equipped with it so I gave her a freakin' tower wand. It was only today that I noticed other Brewery's with the Bacchus Wand. I submitted a request to Gumi to reissue the Bacchus Wand. What Is the chance they come through? I don't know what I was thinking.

Oh damn... : <

I think you're screwed honestly bro, Gumi's probably going to tell you to just try and pull another Brewery.

Quixzlizx

So after 52 demons, 5 blue chest drops with 4 3* characters and one 3* weapon, not a bad return so far.

Going to try and set up a dancer party, does the increase in the characters level increase how much buff they give or is it set in stone irregardless of level?

It's a percentage of the recipient's attack, so the dancer's level shouldn't matter.

CJVtoo8UkAAH04F.jpg

Even though I got squat from the V2 gatcha, at least the event quests are popping out 2 and 3 stars all enhancers for 20 AP which makes them pretty good.

Finally got around to MLB my first SSR, lol

bonkeng

Yup. I havent tested full mage party yet. Might be that I switch to it and use friend Breweries.

Aludra, Nelva, Bilgitto = 4 mana.Then prolly one runefencer either Karen or Rebecca. Few mage subs Rebecca / Karen & Paboa.
Depends if there are Knigth minions or not.

If there are I might go with Coro & Lolleta (BB equipped) Aludra & Bilgitto + Karen / Rebecca subs.

I suggest a Phoena sub if you already unlocked her 2nd skill. It really helps with your damage output, as well as your survivability.

Edit: I tried Musica, seems like her skill gives her mana after a kill. Very helpful for her 3mana buff. She will be great specially at later stage.

Aki-at

Should I be using these demon coins in the event as I get them or save them up for something?

Demon coins do not carry over to the next event. Unless you mean the ones in your item box, which do carry over.

Be warned though if you select to receive them when there isn't a demon event they'll magically disappear, never to be seen again!

Kettch

I looked up the next couple demon raids, since it looks like the raid weapons will be similarly powered compared to this one (so near useless...). The next one, Rasphia, has a bow raid weapon, but the event character is a knight. So I guess I shouldn't bother leveling up archers unless I get Musica before then.

The one after that, Hatifas, has a wand raid weapon and a wizard event character. So that one will actually be useful, good to know I'm not wasting time leveling up wizards right now.

After that we should probably have Frau, so mixed teams will be a lot more useful when the event weapon/character don't match.

bevan1121

Neo Member
So. I was trying to digest the information about party leaders and I gather Selene as a PT leader seems to make better sense over Coro.

Luckily 4 friends (incuding Miff) in my otherwise warrior-dominant friendlist have brewery as their party leader and I'm able to fit her into my mage party which has a lv 3x roxanna dancing in it. I'm currently contemplating swapping to a lv38 Roxanna as party leader, but idk if she's sufficient. Hmmm

Also, anyone in stages 60 onwards and still running a warrior party? Please share if possible :) Thanks!

Kettch

Finished level 70 with one soul, despite only rolling 5 mana in 5 rounds.

My team:

38 Aelle Gloon
33 Minimo
30 Bilgitto
22 Lizerotte
63 Brewery Friend
60 Juliana
60 Phoena

I'm actually doing more damage than I was with my crazy warrior double Selene team last raid. I'm definitely worried about being able to reach the demon in higher levels though, considering my terrible wave clear speed due to the crappy wizards.

Rixa

I suggest a Phoena sub if you already unlocked her 2nd skill. It really helps with your damage output, as well as your survivability.

Edit: I tried Musica, seems like her skill gives her mana after a kill. Very helpful for her 3mana buff. She will be great specially at later stage.

Yeah, only mistake is my Phoena is 51. Iam raising her levels :), but not sure if I manage to get them to 60 fast enough for the ability quest which takes 4x30 AP and some Revivals.

bevan1121

Neo Member
Lindsey is back. I already have her. Is she worth spending more rings on to get those extra level caps?

I decided to MLB her mainly for the increased attack range.

When she was first out, I only managed 1 copy of her from the and she was abandoned afterwards with the coming of Coro/Trystan/Selene and I needed more raw power.

She certainly has her uses,, 1mp 10hit 'godmode' and haste. I decided to MLB her when she came back to give more hp.

However, if you are short on rings after this MLB, might I suggest holding this off for Flaw/Frau, who is very likely the next ring character? She has an ability which slows down mana rolls and another which gives attack and defence boosts.

http://chainchronicle.gamerch.com/Practice Nurse Flaw

bonkeng

Done with level 80 (590k hp), still one soul. But getting harder.

This is my formation:

Front Mid Back
Toto (20)
Aludra (60) Brewery(stronger) Brewery(weaker)
AG (59)

3 front row will serve as meat shield for Sapras. 2 Brewery are free to clear mobs. The stronger one will skill spam.

Seems to work fine, for now.

Anyway, if anyone wants to get to lvl80, i'll gladly help out.

bevan1121

Neo Member
Done with level 80 (590k hp), still one soul. But getting harder.

This is my formation:

Front Mid Back
Toto (20)
Aludra (60) Brewery(stronger) Brewery(weaker)
AG (59)

3 front row will serve as meat shield for Sapras. 2 Brewery are free to clear mobs. The stronger one will skill spam.

Seems to work fine, for now.

Anyway, if anyone wants to get to lvl80, i'll gladly help out.

Sent you a req as RedGAF :)

bonkeng

Now this goes interesting. From 70 got 10 prysma and made yolopull (2nd pull of this week).

Time to burn some stam fruits for 9 AP event quest for enhancers...

Grats :)

She's going to make this DR a hell lot easier for you from now on lol.

bonkeng

Wonder if Sapras counts as Black Army for Zaren's ability? Would make him more useful than Coro I believe

You'd be better off using LB warrior, like Selene or Coro.

I've tested lvl65 Zaren with BB and lvl80 Selene, Selene is much more effective. The only consolation for Zaren is his skill is an aoe knockdown, that's about it. Zaren also dies faster than Selene, in my experience anyway.

Rixa

Wonder if Sapras counts as Black Army for Zaren's ability? Would make him more useful than Coro I believe

You'd be better off using LB warrior, like Selene or Coro.

I've tested lvl65 Zaren with BB and lvl80 Selene, Selene is much more effective. The only consolation for Zaren is his skill is an aoe knockdown, that's about it. Zaren also dies faster than Selene, in my experience anyway.

^^ Bonkeng is right. There are so many issues when using Zaren:

1. He is Knight
2. Knights hitrate is much slower than warriors
3. Mana dilution
4. Zaren skill has knockback.
5. Knockback sucks badly on raids.
6. Zaren damage is still shit.

Edit:

This with help of Musica, had over 15 seconds left when Sapras died.

Anko

What are the odds that Gumi patches the demon coins in the gift box away?

I heard that TWCC cleared the gift boxes of demon coins?

garath

Wow. Got a gold chest from the level 30 demon. Of course my luck gives me the one demon I don't really care about lol. The fact that I'm only on level 30 tells the tale.

Gizuko

Damn, Musica + Brewery combo is godlike. Carrying me through the 70s like no mace-user ever could. Even under-leveled Brewerys 1-soul these stages.

I also got my first demon chest. It's a shame I wasted my luck with Sapras, she doesn't fit my team, at all. At least she'll be LB2 for the aggudara raid.

Even though I got squat from the V2 gatcha, at least the event quests are popping out 2 and 3 stars all enhancers for 20 AP which makes them pretty good.

Finally got around to MLB my first SSR, lol

did one pull, awww yeah

Congrats both of you! I'm still getting over Nimpha's new Khalifa-like hairstyle (birds could nest there too), but I'm glad these characters are getting some attention at last.
Also, Rafalgar is so good once leveled and equipped with his weapon. Sega did a good job with the subjugation revamp, Rafalgar is the new Selene (albeit better).

I got nothing from the fest, either. I wasted 4 tickets there and got nothing. But hey, at least I got Candice to MLB.
It only took over 500FR.

Edit:
Seriously 5x rate drop for Brewery and no luck so far. This is after 1500 prysma spent. I'm done.

Damn, don't do this to yourself. Neither Sapras nor Brewery are worth that many prysma. Only Cheery, Musica and Lilith are :p

Still rocking through the 70's with only a Brewery and a lvl 1 Bilgitto, I'm not even mad that I put Explosion on my Coropatilon, mace users are useless.

garath

Still rocking through the 70's with only a Brewery and a lvl 1 Bilgitto, I'm not even mad that I put Explosion on my Coropatilon, mace users are useless.

Glad I didn't replace my Coro's weapon. Wish I had kept my Bilgitto though. And pulled a Brewery.

Up to 35 myself just rocking a standard warrior party.

garath

This game. This GAME.

I just got another gold chest on level 35. Two Sapras. Seriously. The one demon I'm hardly interested in at all and it's raining gold chests. Where was this luck in the Coro raid?

This game. This GAME.

I just got another gold chest on level 35. Two Sapras. Seriously. The one demon I'm hardly interested in at all and it's raining gold chests. Where was this luck in the Coro raid?

It's Gumi's secret master plan to get you to play.

garath

Why don't you just get a level 75 Sapras, there's plenty of time left.

Is she even worth putting effort into? The only thing she really seems to have going for her over the other soldiers I already have (Lindsey, Coro, Selene, Trystan) is the poison.

Is she even worth putting effort into? The only thing she really seems to have going for her over the other soldiers I already have (Lindsey, Coro, Selene, Trystan) is the poison.

I mean, she's lvl 75 and maybe even MLB if you get lucky, she'll beat the others in raw stats. It doesn't even take that much effort to get to wave 70. At least wait until the end of the raid before you sell her, you never know.

Her abilities look pretty solid as well, I'd say she's better than Lindsey, Sapras skill isn't that good but that's about it.

Also we're on day 3 and you're already at wave 30, even without any effort you'll get pretty close to wave 70.

If you guys ever get V2 (lol), she does have a decent bond ability (restore HP after a critical attack) and being a demon, she'll give a bonus stat boost if you pair her to Coro.

The stat boost increases too, the higher the level she is.

Really depends if you think rings will be more useful or not.

Top Bottom