• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Quixzlizx

I think i might be joining, you I am at 94 still no gold chest and the game requires far too much dedication. Not only that but it seems if you do not have the RNG character, you are not going to progress far, I got lucky this time and got boobery, but next time I wont be.

Or you can just rely on your kind gaffer friends to lend you their event characters, which is what I'm doing this raid. I'm at level 105 and I'm still two-souling them easily, and I don't have Brewery.

Rixa

Finished Phoena quest earlier today and it made difference.

Screenshot_2015-07-10-23-28-54.png

Screenshot_2015-07-10-23-40-33.png

On my friendlist there is 2 players that has MLB+2 Sapras...
My both accos are only LB2.

Aki-at

I like this game because of it's charm. All the stories and stuff are fun, I don't even care about the rest.

Not that the story is a masterpiece or something but if you compare it to other mobile games this is miles above the rest, even if it's a generic Jrpg story.

This, yes.

Also quality. Great character art, nice UI, and simple, understandable and non-grindy gameplay.

Yeah I'm the same. Actually I use to be one of those who absolutely hated mobile gaming back in 2012/13, I tried a few like Dragon Coins and Candy Crush (Admittedly not the "best" offerings heh) but Chain Chronicle was the first that actually felt like a proper game with it's different characters, running story (My mind is still blown that the final boss
has his own theme song
) and gameplay.

Its funny one of the things that amazed me the most was the fact you couldn't use two of the same units.in a fight. A lot of care and thought was put into this game more than most.

Chain Chronicle was the first that actually felt like a proper game with it's different characters, running story (My mind is still blown that the final boss
has his own theme song
) and gameplay.

Yeah the cast of the game and the fact that it actually has a running story among them makes me stick around, even if I'm not the luckiest at gatcha.

The final boss has his own song? I have music turned off so I never noticed, ahhhhhh

I'm reaaallly thankful of the gaffers like TedGAF with their Brewery. Even with that frying pan maxed out my Lolleta is just doing nothing.

I liked Nicky's questline, is her as a dancer (buffs defense) worth keeping?

0V5tr4Dl.png

Always a light chuckle when it comes to Phoena being teased about the Hero and the many girls in the army.

garath

Ok. This game is straight trolling me now. I just got my third gold chest on level 59. The only demon I wasn't planning on keeping and I have 4 copies.

The stories are also why I try to complete everyone's quest. I still have a Katarith lying around just to play her quest. Coropatilon's story was the best.

After this one of course:

WhNcSa8h.jpg

Ok. This game is straight trolling me now. I just got my third gold chest on level 59. The only demon I wasn't planning on keeping and I have 4 copies.

Gratz, can't go wrong with a MLB 5* Soldier.

Gizuko

What I really like about this game are the little details, like (Faceless' quest spoilers)
faceless' having an "alternative art" without a mask used only during a brief moment
. Or Shauna (DR event character, a teacher) and Alphim (the demon and her student, in a way) shouting basically the same line during the special.

So yeah, the way the story comes together is awesome and is what I like about the game.

Stider

Send some of that luck this way please :) Up to 123 now and only 1 extra Sapras found so far.

Aki-at

The final boss has his own song? I have music turned off so I never noticed, ahhhhhh

https://youtu.be/r6sZlXWaloA?t=19m55s yeah you can listen to it here. Neat little tune, especially the bit after 21:30,

Always a light chuckle when it comes to Phoena being teased about the Hero and the many girls in the army.

The stories are also why I try to complete everyone's quest. I still have a Katarith lying around just to play her quest. Coropatilon's story was the best.

Sorry guys, Marga's is still best story.

What I really like about this game are the little details, like (Faceless' quest spoilers)
faceless' having an "alternative art" without a mask used only during a brief moment
. Or Shauna (DR event character, a teacher) and Alphim (the demon and her student, in a way) shouting basically the same line during the special.

So yeah, the way the story comes together is awesome and is what I like about the game.

I never knew that about Faceless
now it gives me more reason to find out about what's UNDER the mask.
I agree about all the little details though, it makes it feel like this is just a pocket version of a console game kinda, you know?

Did you know spinning the character's 3D models in their profile screen makes them dizzy? They really put a lot of thought and production values into this game more than most typical mobile games.

I was hoping to reach level 80 to get a second Sapras but it's slow going. I'm using all my Gaf friends' Brewery but I'm having to use 3 soul per run or two if I'm lucky and can use Brewery's special twice. I'm at level 66 I think.

What does MLB stand for? Max Level Break?

Is there a good list/chart somewhere that says what normal characters I should keep? I've just been completing the story quests for new characters then selling them if they're 1* or 2*. I have a handful of 3* that I've kept but it'd be nice to know who is worth keeping and who can be safely sold.

I've also been selling the 3* enhancers and weapon upgrade cards for rings. Should I be holding onto or using those instead?

Aki-at

I was hoping to reach level 80 to get a second Sapras but it's slow going. I'm using all my Gaf friends' Brewery but I'm having to use 3 soul per run or two if I'm lucky and can use Brewery's special twice. I'm at level 66 I think.

Is there a good list/chart somewhere that says what normal characters I should keep? I've just been completing the story quests for new characters then selling them if they're 1* or 2*. I have a handful of 3* that I've kept but it'd be nice to know who is worth keeping and who can be safely sold.

I've also been selling the 3* enhancers and weapon upgrade cards for rings. Should I be holding onto or using those instead?

1. What's your team? It could just be you're too under leveled (Though Brewery should still be making short work of everyone)

2. Yeah it stands for MLB

3. http://chain-chronicle-forum.com/threads/a-beginners-guide-to-3★-characters.44/ really good write up I was using when I was still relatively inexperienced at Chain Chronicle.

4. It depends, do you have any characters you need to level up? If not, sell. I sell weapon enhancers irregardless if I need leveling up or not, the boost in the weapon success chance is too minor for me.

Kettch

Hm, if I sell all of my enhancers and extra demon copies from raids I'll end up at 311 rings. Really starting to consider MLBing Lindsey. I have one copy already, so it'd be 280 to finish it.

Should be able to easily make it up to 70 for Frau at the start of next month, and then I'd have 2 months to MLB her, not super important to do it right away. Then V2 should come out, where 500k arcana coins take away any ring worries.

2* characters to keep: Kain, Marina, Michidia - You get a weapon by leveling them to 40, and you'll get new versions of the characters in V2 if you have them. Dusty, Latty - Best 2* soldier and healer. Might as well keep them around even after you get better ones, in case they're needed for future content (or Titan's Cave). Also Patricia for her gold bonus.
3* characters to keep: Nicky (XP boost, only really need 1 copy), Melvina (Best 3* Healer, replaces Latty), Toto (has a buff that's really helpful sometimes) and any character with a gold bonus, Aida, Iris, Envy, might be forgetting someone. Bilgitto for her starting mana skill. Maybe Minimo because she has a decent line AoE and wave heal.

And I'd suggest selling 3* enhancers/weapon enhancers for rings until you have a comfortable amount of rings for what you want. At the start it's a lot easier to level up characters with cheap enhancers or spare characters than it is to get 5*s.

Thanks for the info!

I've kept the starting characters plus Latty and Dusty. I'm pretty sure I sold Patricia... >_>

I'm definitely under leveled. I've only completed Chapter 2 of the main story. :) My characters are around mid-low 20's.

My Gaf friends list has been doing all the work and I would never have received any Sapras without the help so no big deal if I don't make it to 80 or beyond.

I was kind of lukewarm with this game when I first started but now I'm really enjoying it. I just need to catch up a bit so I can (hopefully) contribute something back to fellow Gafers!

Kettch

Also I'd suggest never selling 1*/2* characters. It's best to use them to enhance other characters instead, because the amount of gold you get from selling them is really tiny.

It's a little complicated, but the most efficient way to do it is to enhance one junk arcana into another junk arcana first to get it to level 2 and then enhance that level 2 into the character that you want to level up. It's also best if the class matches between the level 2 and the good character.

garath

Woo. Finished phoenas quest. Just like everyone else it took 2 revive fruits. Not bad at all. Wasn't even close to needing a third. Now I'm cooking. Need a few more ranks to have a full party including subs of 5* units though. Still have good ole dusty in the subs to keep me company.

Woo. Finished phoenas quest. Just like everyone else it took 2 revive fruits. Not bad at all. Wasn't even close to needing a third. Now I'm cooking. Need a few more ranks to have a full party including subs of 5* units though. Still have good ole dusty in the subs to keep me company.

What makes Phoena so good after her quests, buffs in the sub spot? If so is she better than Julianna (who is using that spot on my team now)? I've got one more level for Brewery to hit 65. After that I guess I'll start leveling up Phoena.

What makes Phoena so good after her quests, buffs in the sub spot? If so is she better than Julianna (who is using that spot on my team now)? I've got one more level for Brewery to hit 65. After that I guess I'll start leveling up Phoena.

Phoena gives a bigger boost.

Phoena: 15% attack, 10% defense
Julianna: 10% attack, 10% defense

Phoena gives a bigger boost.

Phoena: 15% attack, 10% defense
Julianna: 10% attack, 10% defense

Great, thanks. I have 2 open spots if someone needs a Brewery friend. When the raid is over I usually have Nympha as my leader. If your name doesn't have Gaf in it, send me a pm.

Oreoleo

I thiiiiink they fixed the pause exploit on Colosseum as well as the empty slot glitch. I had a fight paused for like an hour and when I won I hadn't moved up any ranks. Or if I moved up any it certainly wasn't to the rank the person I was fighting was at when I initiated the fight.

Kettch

Yeah, they changed it a few days ago so that any coliseum fights that take too long don't count. You can still pause for a short amount of time though, the limit is somewhere in the 15-25 minute area.

Sorry guys, Marga's is still best story.

Pffft, I just remembered this quest. I took shots of the last dialogue bits too! Not gonna post the rest of it though, everyone else should see it for themselves. This game can be really goofy/funny sometimes above it's story.

I'm jealous of you guys drawing anything above 2 stars in the demon coin recruits.

fzQCOubl.png

I still have 5 spots available on my list and under KeoGAF, but no currently characters are really helpful against Sapras.

However, I'm leveling up Lindsey and Selene to 80 so that regular grinding would be easier for folks.

Oreoleo

Just got a 2nd Sapras from DC pulls, the 1st one was like 2 or 3 pulls ago earlier today.

If only my luck was this good on regular pulls ^o^ Blew 2 or 3 premium tickets and ~300 prysma.. no Brewery or other 4/5* units to speak of.

chrono01

I just burned through another 16 Premium Tickets [that makes 22 total], not a single Brewery. I really need more Mages and she seems nice. I did get another Soldier [Bernadette] and a Mage [Shakti].

I have four more Premium Tickets, but I give up. I'm not destined for Brewery and that's fine. Maybe I can make a decent Mage team with Aludra, Shakti, Frau, and a Healer. :/

This game just keeps throwing Soldiers at me.

bonkeng

I just burned through another 16 Premium Tickets [that makes 22 total], not a single Brewery. I really need more Mages and she seems nice. I did get another Soldier [Bernadette] and a Mage [Shakti].

I have four more Premium Tickets, but I give up. I'm not destined for Brewery and that's fine. Maybe I can make a decent Mage team with Aludra, Shakti, Frau, and a Healer. :/

This game just keeps throwing Soldiers at me.

Yeah flooded with soldiers. Next week event rate up is soldiers party again.

I hope we will have an archer event, I don't have a single rare archer. I'll be screwed on an archer demon raid.

chrono01

Yeah flooded with soldiers. Next week event rate up is soldiers party again.

I hope we will have an archer event, I don't have a single rare archer. I'll be screwed on an archer demon raid.
I need Archers too. The game really should be re-named Soldier Chronicle.

Anyway, I did the mass pull since I'm kind of getting tired with this game and wanted to see how lucky I'd get. The results weren't positive. :/

There's just...so many gatcha games taking my time. Love Live and Treasure Cruise are the ones that I'm definitely sticking with, and I enjoy Record Keeper but really don't have the time to play. I know Chain Chronicle technically doesn't take long to play [when you auto-battle 2x through things], but it's still a time-sink. I had to drop Puzzle & Dragons/Monster Strike because it was just too much, and I'm starting to feel like I might need to drop Record Keeper and Chain Chronicle too.

I'm not sure, I'll see.

Kettch

Hmmm, is Paloma worth getting? I've read that Flaw is recommended to MLB, but is one copy of Paloma enough or even good?

One copy is good. The only thing you want her for is the XP boost skill, which actually isn't very useful right now, but should be quite good once we get the maxxed character XP overflow system.

Anko

Got 3 copies of Sapras from the demon coin pull, none from the demon chests, for a MLB Sapras. Is she worth keeping? On first glance, it doesn't look like she would be good enough to replace Trystan since he has an AOE skill. Once Agudara arrives (assuming I can at least lb2/3 her), I would have more soldiers than I would ever need...

But it's not like you can have MLB demons (or anyone) everyday... and it's not like I have a shortage of rings so far (I can live without Lindsey)...

Azusa

Got 3 copies of Sapras from the demon coin pull, none from the demon chests, for a MLB Sapras. Is she worth keeping? On first glance, it doesn't look like she would be good enough to replace Trystan since he has an AOE skill. Once Agudara arrives (assuming I can at least lb2/3 her), I would have more soldiers than I would ever need...

But it's not like you can have MLB demons (or anyone) everyday... and it's not like I have a shortage of rings so far (I can live without Lindsey)...

Keep her for kizuna bonus.

Kettch

Is there much of a difference between 60 and 80 for kizuna stat bonuses? I haven't seen anyone mention how much it generally increases per level.

Gizuko

I never knew that about Faceless
now it gives me more reason to find out about what's UNDER the mask.
I agree about all the little details though, it makes it feel like this is just a pocket version of a console game kinda, you know?

Did you know spinning the character's 3D models in their profile screen makes them dizzy? They really put a lot of thought and production values into this game more than most typical mobile games.

I did know, it surprised my as well. I tend to spin characters from time to time, is funny seeing some of them dizzy with their angry faces unchanged.100% agree with the statement above too, I try some mobile games from time to time and this one definitely captures that feeling better than most.

Is there much of a difference between 60 and 80 for kizuna stat bonuses? I haven't seen anyone mention how much it generally increases per level.

It varies a lot from character to character, so it's hard to say. Values close to +10%atk +10%hp are common at max lvl, lb0, while +13% +13% are the values lb2 Shauna and cheery sport (both mages). Then again MLB lvl80 Alphim (demon, mage) is +13%Hp +9%atk.

Basically, "free" characters such as Sapras have lower yields at any level, and therefore are better at MLB, since the +cost won't change regardless. It doesn't seem to surpass +6% in tavern units, though.

garath

Well broke level 80. Still doing it with 1 soul thanks to brewery friends. I've now MLB'd Sapras for some reason. Oh well. I can always use another MLB soldier right? Lol

Wish the ghoul chopper was a raid weapon. I now want to use sapras but no idea on what.

Im at 167 also no extra Sapras. But it's fine with me since i have 3 mlb soldiers better than her. But for Agudara, I'll be really pissed if i can't even get 1 extra copy.

Holy smokes! How are you advancing so fast? I've been off from work all week and I'm only at 114. Also, who is in your lineup besides Brewery? I was struggling at 100 before I read about Roxanna's buff who I inconveniently forgot I had. Now with her, Brewery, Selene, Coro and a Brewery friend I can two orb if I'm not orb trolled.

elty

I run Selene, minino, Corp and filiana, friend brewery, sub Hassan and Juliana.
Can still two soul at 124. Essentially try to keep 5 mage mana, sacrifice minino at boss stage and use Hassan's buff.

iJ5Ivk3.png

Here's the results of the popularity poll held recently in JPCC.

1st - Hero
2nd - Yoshitsugu
3rd - Velnar
4th - Shuza
5th - Haruaki
6th - Fatima
7th - Touka
8th - Trystan
9th - Kirarane
10th - Pirika
11th - Melchior
12th - Phoena
13th - Comodia
14th - Gizazaya
15th - Rafalgar

lol mostly males

bonkeng

Holy smokes! How are you advancing so fast? I've been off from work all week and I'm only at 114. Also, who is in your lineup besides Brewery? I was struggling at 100 before I read about Roxanna's buff who I inconveniently forgot I had. Now with her, Brewery, Selene, Coro and a Brewery friend I can two orb if I'm not orb trolled.

Im running a full mage team:

Bilgitto for the extra mana
Aludra for the 2 extra mana and aoe anti Archer
Brewery for damage
Ael Gloon for no reason
Brewery friend
Sub = Minimo and Phoena

1 soul from 1-120+,
2 souls from 130-169
3 souls for 170

Need a lot of micro management to avoid those damning archers. Those are my biggest problem as they will 2-shot Bilgitto. Everytime the 3 archers shows up with the knight, will need to use Aludra aoe.

Try to run a more complemented team. If you have 4 star mage, its better to use them than selene and coro. My team can spam Sapras with Brewery skill 6-7 times. Dealing 700k-850k per soul.

I just finished 170, used 4 souls as i messed up on the 3rd without using any skills. 3 should have been enough.

Edit: 171 back to 2 souls now.

Gizuko

mostly males and the damn hero is number one, i might vomit

I voted for him >:3

Also kemonomimis, everything went as expected
EXCEPT LACK OF CANDICE. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, JAPAAAAN!

It is a bit sad the top 3 is the same as it was in the White Day vote though, a wasted oppportunity.

garath

Wth? You already have 6 copies while i only have 2 :(

Yeah. Don't ask me. My luck is usually garbage in chain chronicle. Got 3 gold chests and one from demon coins. Plus the two guaranteed. Crazy. I have never gotten a single extra demon in any other raid. Been playing since Lindsey's first release.

Top Bottom