• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Wonder what the Kunoichi gold reward is...man those 8 waves are tough.

Isn't it a sword? You can look it up at the event page.

Edit: I had to retry it a few times but when I completed it I fortunately got everything in one go, harder content is always fun.

IZhTYjNh.jpg

eqB9fPYh.jpg

Nice Japanese text...

Avalt

Yeah, not going to bother with this urgent quest. AP is better spent elsewhere. My best party couldn't get past wave 4. And that is with Selene and Toka healing in between waves.

It's definetly not a Lv.57 quest thou. Feels more like its in the lv.70-80 range. They want us to use revival fruit. Better luck next time Gumi, cause I'm not falling for it.

garath

Urgent quest wasn't too bad for my party. Having Phoena + Lilith makes me pretty damn strong. I even completed it the first time with my level 30 Armilus I was leveling lol. Though that was close. Once I put Lindsey back in it was pretty straightforward. Auto'd most of it.

Took 3 tries to get the sword. I don't really have a use for it. Not enough crit for Sapras (the assassin's blade I put on Trystan would have been great on her) and every other MLB soldier already has an A rank weapon.

My party was:

MLB Selene
MLB Trystan
MLB Lindsey (only level 74 though)
LB0 Lilith
LB0 Phoena with ability
DUSTY!

bonkeng

Urgent quest wasn't too bad for my party. Having Phoena + Lilith makes me pretty damn strong. I even completed it the first time with my level 30 Armilus I was leveling lol. Though that was close. Once I put Lindsey back in it was pretty straightforward. Auto'd most of it.

Took 3 tries to get the sword. I don't really have a use for it. Not enough crit for Sapras (the assassin's blade I put on Trystan would have been great on her) and every other MLB soldier already has an A rank weapon.

My party was:

MLB Selene
MLB Trystan
MLB Lindsey (only level 74 though)
LB0 Lilith
LB0 Phoena with ability
DUSTY!

Lilith is godlike on high level quest like this.

I have a few Lilith friends, can complete this quest no problem.

Yeah, not going to bother with this urgent quest. AP is better spent elsewhere. My best party couldn't get past wave 4. And that is with Selene and Toka healing in between waves.

It's definetly not a Lv.57 quest thou. Feels more like its in the lv.70-80 range. They want us to use revival fruit. Better luck next time Gumi, cause I'm not falling for it.

That's what I felt like as I really don't have any characters that are fully 80 yet. Selene is at 64 right now, but the others are around the 60 range.

garath

Lilith is godlike on high level quest like this.

I have a few Lilith friends, can complete this quest no problem.

Oh yeah. You guys should let me know if you need my Lilith as a leader for crap like this. She has a maxed Dawn Cane on top of it. Regular healing + her mana ability makes the team almost invincible.

Quixzlizx

I actually had to use one revive during this quest, because I wasn't paying attention during one of the boss waves on the attempt where I actually managed to get the second and third chests to drop and lost enough party members to not have enough juice against the final wave. I figured that using a revive was better than having to redo the quest all day to get those stupid chests, although of course I only had trouble the one time the chests actually dropped for me.

I really wish this weapon had more crit. I still need a nice A-rank sword for Lindsey, but I don't think this is the one I should use.

Is crit actually good on a weapon? I've heard it only gives 0.5% per point which doesn't really sound impressive next to 100 attack per point. Crits don't even deal double damage I think, only 150% or something.

Can you crit with skills? If not that's another advantage of ATK, Attack is also shown in your friends list.

Maybe it works better on characters like Sapras, someone should do the math. I myself don't know how the damage calculation works, especially considering stuff like defence.

Vecks

Is crit actually good on a weapon? I've heard it only gives 0.5% per point which doesn't really sound impressive next to 100 attack per point. Crits don't even deal double damage I think, only 150% or something.

Can you crit with skills? If not that's another advantage of ATK, Attack is also shown in your friends list.

Maybe it works better on characters like Sapras, someone should do the math. I myself don't know how the damage calculation works, especially considering stuff like defence.

I don't think I've ever seen skills crit. The damage when using specials seems pretty consistent.

and on another note... MLB Candace! ;__; That's it. I'm never using ring gacha again. Too many wasted rings.

garath

You know, I was thinking I should put Lilith as my party leader anyways. There's like 100 MLB Selene's out there but I don't have a single Lilith leader on my friends list.

What do you guys think? Am I going to get dropped off friends lists like a bad habit or useful? I want to keep all my Nimpha friends lol

The thing with healers is that anyone only needs one so everyone who has a good healer won't need a friend with a healer. Soldiers are always useful.

You know, I was thinking I should put Lilith as my party leader anyways. There's like 100 MLB Selene's out there but I don't have a single Lilith leader on my friends list.

What do you guys think? Am I going to get dropped off friends lists like a bad habit or useful? I want to keep all my Nimpha friends lol

I'd like to test her out for a while, I kinda want to know if she's that good compared to my Arrieta.

garath

The thing with healers is that anyone only needs one so everyone who has a good healer won't need a friend with a healer. Soldiers are always useful.

I'd like to test her out for a while, I kinda want to know if she's that good compared to my Arrieta.

Good point. Only need one healer. Well I put her as my leader for now. I'll leave it this way for a day or two. Feel free to give her a shot.

Good point. Only need one healer. Well I put her as my leader for now. I'll leave it this way for a day or two. Feel free to give her a shot.

Well, I tried her out and I'm pretty impressed.
I haven't tested it too much but I was able to beat that hard level, it was pretty clutch though.

I think using your Lilith improved my party but I'm still not sure. Not having an extra Selene is tough since I don't have a fourth good soldier but Lilith kept everyone alive nicely. I'm using a Loletta as my fourth soldier which isn't ideal, if only I had a good Sapras :p

garath

Well, I tried her out and I'm pretty impressed.
I haven't tested it too much but I was able to beat that hard level, it was pretty clutch though.

I think using your Lilith improved my party but I'm still not sure. Not having an extra Selene is tough since I don't have a fourth good soldier but Lilith kept everyone alive nicely. I'm using a Loletta as my fourth soldier which isn't ideal, if only I had a good Sapras :p

Yeah. Lilith is an absolute beast. Especially since I got doubly lucky and pulled an Adelle to do her chain quest and get a Dawn Cane. The combo of Lilith with her additional range and a maxed Dawn Cane for increased normal healing is just nutty. Coupled with my team of MLB soldiers, I literally auto the urgent quest. I turn it to normal speed on two of the boss stages just to micro in case someone gets the focus of damage for too long. That's it.

Yeah. Lilith is an absolute beast. Especially since I got doubly lucky and pulled an Adelle to do her chain quest and get a Dawn Cane. The combo of Lilith with her additional range and a maxed Dawn Cane for increased normal healing is just nutty. Coupled with my team of MLB soldiers, I literally auto the urgent quest. I turn it to normal speed on two of the boss stages just to micro in case someone gets the focus of damage for too long. That's it.

Yeah, shame I didn't get her when she was available, my luck just sucks.

I guess my bad luck still proves that nothing in this game is impossible to complete as long as you stick around for a while and collect event characters. Tavern pulls are not even required.

Quixzlizx

Yep, Lilith with maxed Dawn Cane does +341 for me with her normal heals.

chrono01

I welcome your Lilith. More variety on the Friend List is always a great thing, and I'm having difficulty with this urgent quest [even with a Selene/Lindsey/Sulstan]. :/

I just wish I could find her on my usable Friend List. I keep refreshing the game but you won't show up. *grumble grumble*

I welcome your Lilith. More variety on the Friend List is always a great thing, and I'm having difficulty with this urgent quest [even with a Selene/Lindsey/Sulstan]. :/

I just wish I could find her on my usable Friend List. I keep refreshing the game but you won't show up. *grumble grumble*

If I want to refresh I always play that 1 AP mist quest and immediately abandon, it saves time.

garath

Thanks, I just did this and it helped.

And wow garath, your Lilith. She is Godly. I finished the urgent with ease. No fourth chest drop though. :(

Glad she helped :) I'll leave her up for another day or two.

She is awesome.

Also, you don't even have to do a quest. Quit to the login screen and log back in and it refreshes the list.

elty

I wasted two fruit, but I got all four chest in I've go, do I guess is ok.

Good sword for Lindsey? Not sure if crit is important.

Avalt

No idea how you guys are clearing wave 8. Used a revival fruit to get past wave 4, but wave 8 is an impossible roadblock that no amount of revival fruits can clear...

Party: MLB Selene (80), LB2 Coro (70), MLB Toka (65), LB1 Bernadette (55)
Healer: Ted's lvl 60 super healer....

Just too much incoming damage and not enough damage being dealt.

Gizuko

I don't think I've ever seen skills crit. The damage when using specials seems pretty consistent.

and on another note... MLB Candace! ;__; That's it. I'm never using ring gacha again. Too many wasted rings.

Congrats! Have you seen the new one though?
MAX Attack: 9320
MAX HP: 8840
Warrior

Inflicts curse with active and gets extra movespeed and atkspeed with kills.
Allies take extra damage when she dies

Her stats are quite awesome for a free unit, I'm going to try to MLB her, there go my rings :l

Rixa

I prolly could clear that quest. But I already have so many golden weapons on inventory that I dont bother waste my time to micromanage quest. So rather burning my ap to side quest.

bonkeng

Glad she helped :) I'll leave her up for another day or two.

She is awesome.

Also, you don't even have to do a quest. Quit to the login screen and log back in and it refreshes the list.

You're welcome to put her as your permanent lead lol.

I find her more useful than any other MLB warrior aside from Yoshitsugu.

I now have 3 Lilith friends, one is MLB.

Gizuko

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU GET 3 COPIES OF A CHARACTER THAT'S NOT ON PICKUP IN A ROW?!

The worst part about it is that this right here is probably the worst SR in the whole tavern. So, do you all think I should LB her? http://chainchronicle.gamerch.com/Intimate%20Fighter%20Siblings%20Rijiji

I have no shortage of warriors at the moment, but its true that I have few Fist users.

At least I got 2 copies of a decent lancer and the new SR, but it took me 6 tickets and 110 stones - 1100 prysma

garath

You're welcome to put her as your permanent lead lol.

I find her more useful than any other MLB warrior aside from Yoshitsugu.

I now have 3 Lilith friends, one is MLB.

Cool. I'll probably leave her as lead for now. :) I haven't lost any friends yet so she must be somewhat useful.

An MLB Lilith is insane. Like.. how would one even accomplish that ....
whale

Vecks

Congrats! Have you seen the new one though?
MAX Attack: 9320
MAX HP: 8840
Warrior

Inflicts curse with active and gets extra movespeed and atkspeed with kills.
Allies take extra damage when she dies

Her stats are quite awesome for a free unit, I'm going to try to MLB her, there go my rings :l
Nope. I'm never even going to look at the FR gacha again. I could have MLBed 3 or 4 monthly FR arcana with the amount of rings it took last time. Just feels like too much of a waste.

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU GET 3 COPIES OF A CHARACTER THAT'S NOT ON PICKUP IN A ROW?!

The worst part about it is that this right here is probably the worst SR in the whole tavern. So, do you all think I should LB her? http://chainchronicle.gamerch.com/Intimate%20Fighter%20Siblings%20Rijiji

I have no shortage of warriors at the moment, but its true that I have few Fist users.

At least I got 2 copies of a decent lancer and the new SR, but it took me 6 tickets and 110 stones - 1100 prysma

:xxxxxxxxx

well 20 rings aren't hard to get so might as well

too bad I'm nowhere near unlocking the beast gatcha so I guess I get to save for the brave frontier collab lol

Gizuko

Nope. I'm never even going to look at the FR gacha again. I could have MLBed 3 or 4 monthly FR arcana with the amount of rings it took last time. Just feels like too much of a waste.

I really think your stance is the best, but consider getting this one anyway, since curse characters are rare.

:xxxxxxxxx

well 20 rings aren't hard to get so might as well

too bad I'm nowhere near unlocking the beast gatcha so I guess I get to save for the brave frontier collab lol

You know what? That's actually for the best. At the end of the day she is best LBn, especially if I'm to keep pulling there. At least I'm getting some nice SR.

garath

Is it just me or do the quests in Dawning move around now? It's really pissing me off. Especially with like 7 quests in there now, having them change positions every time I run a quest is driving me nuts.

Aki-at

Is it just me or do the quests in Dawning move around now? It's really pissing me off. Especially with like 7 quests in there now, having them change positions every time I run a quest is driving me nuts.

So I wasn't the only one this was happening to.

Think it started after the demon raid finished, only realised it after finding out I had used 20APs for a quest.

garath

So I wasn't the only one this was happening to.

Think it started after the demon raid finished, only realised it after finding out I had used 20APs for a quest.

Yeah. I keep accidentally running the 10ap quest instead of the 20ap. It's so annoying.

chrono01

Thanks again for the Lilith, garath (and TedGAF). I managed to (finally) get the final chest drop for the urgent mission. I also completed Phoena's final quest (only cost me three Revival Fruit, not bad!) to unlock her ability.

It's been a good day.

Now if only the skill-up's for Mihawk (Treasure Cruise) were going better...

Azusa

New global exclusive arcanas and events.

July 20 - July 26
  • New global exclusive RARE(3*) arcana added!
  • 3x RARE arcana rate in Normal recruitment (using arcana coins)
  • New event quests. Reward: Rank A Blade 18/11/9
  • Two new global exclusives ULTRA RARE(5*) arcana.

603N2Aq.png
z6JJW99.png
HmMWU6k.png

R arcana:
Thrax - Knight - MLB 6300(HP)/5850(ATK).
Skill: Heavy Swing (1 Knight mana)
Single-target moderate damage (x5?) + daze.

Ability 1: Final Hour
- Attack x1.3 and damage taken divided by 3 when HP is 1/3 or less.

UR arcana:
Freya - Knigh - 9200/4600. MLB 11200/6600.
Skill: Immortal Will (2 Knight mana)
Self-buff, increases attack x10 and decreases damage taken by 90% for 5 seconds.

Ability 1: Fighting Fit
- Attack power up 25% when hp > 85%
Ability 2: Combat First Aid
- Wave heal - 15% to all allies

Robyn - Archer - 3700/6700. MLB 5700/8700.
Skill: Heaven's Will (1 Archer mana)
Four random targets. Moderate damage (x3?).

Ability 1: Winter's Touch
- Special has a 50% chance to freeze
Ability 2: Frost Bite
- x2 damage to frozen enemies

I'll try to MLB Thrax just for fun, don't know about URs. Maybe I'll skip them.
And its a nice blade for Lindsey.

Kettch

AC pulling will actually be not terrible with the 3x rate. It's still not as good as the 2000 AC gacha in V2, but it's closer to 50% as good instead of the complete waste that it normally is.

Top Bottom