• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Kettch

Even better, the quest is entirely fire and forget for my Selene/Trystan/Mei/Nimpha-Dusty/Phoena team. No need to touch it.

3 rings in 7 runs so far.

EDIT: Finished up 50 runs, so stats time. 61 2* enhancers and 11 3* enhancers. That's 1.22 2* per run and 0.22 3*. With Nimpha.

Azusa

V51kTcW.png

lol, releasing the brave frontier collab characters before v2 will probably ruin the global version cause they will probably be crazy overpowered

for example, I believe the pre-reg SR knight has an ability that lets their normal attack hit three times per hit

Negator

Hey guys, I thought I'd drop in and give out an AX code that I have for this game.

There are two codes in here, but one of them is already redeemed, I just can't remember which one. It says to go to http://gumi.sg/redemption to redeem it. Quote to reveal.

Hey guys, I thought I'd drop in and give out an AX code that I have for this game.

There are two codes in here, but one of them is already redeemed, I just can't remember which one. It says to go to http://gumi.sg/redemption to redeem it. Quote to reveal.

Cool, there was actually some bug with another code where loads of people could claim it, maybe it also works for this one. I'll wait until someone who hasn't claimed one yet picks it up though.

Gizuko

finallyyyyyyyy reached the first new tavern in v2

the story sure takes it sweet time in getting there

pretty nice to get all the v2 of the original cast though

And Peishe (new fighter) rocks, too!
Congrats on making it there, there are some pretty good units in that tavern.

Taverns are unlocked pretty late in most V2 chapters though, so hang in there haha

And Peishe (new fighter) rocks, too!
Congrats on making it there, there are some pretty good units in that tavern.

Taverns are unlocked pretty late in most V2 chapters though, so hang in there haha

yeah, saw that while looking it up

don't think I can even unlock the next tavern before the collab event starts tonight lol

so I guess I'll burn my stones for the collab characters instead of for the pirates

Vecks

I finally reached what I think is the last story area in JP. Is there an actual end to the main story? Or are they still planning on adding more? The level requirements are already around 60. I shudder to think how much higher this can go.

Gizuko

yeah, saw that while looking it up

don't think I can even unlock the next tavern before the collab event starts tonight lol

so I guess I'll burn my stones for the collab characters instead of for the pirates

It's pretty ridiculous, to be honest, but I guess it encourages whales to StamFruit through new content.

By the way, regarding weaknesses, as far as I know there are the following:

Spiders - mace
Crabs - magic (not wands, mainly skills)
Vampires - rods (as in, clerics, yes)
Pterodactyl? - Lances, defense up while stunned
Tortoise (w/ shell) - magic/wand autoattack included, physical def up
Tortoise (wo/shell) - physical attacks, def up vs wands auto.

I haven't checked how bows work vs tortoises, but it could probably be a ranged vs melee thing instead of wand vs phys.

Kettch

Just hit my goal of rank 81 for that full 5* team. Picked up 5 ranks today after 201 runs of the quest. 277 2* Enhancers from that and 48 3* Enhancers. That's 1.38 2* per run and .24 3* per run. Used 15 Stamina Fruit in total, though I had to waste a good amount of AP on other things before ranking up in order to not lose it.

Stider

Just hit my goal of rank 81 for that full 5* team. Picked up 5 ranks today after 201 runs of the quest. 277 2* Enhancers from that and 48 3* Enhancers. That's 1.38 2* per run and .24 3* per run. Used 15 Stamina Fruit in total, though I had to waste a good amount of AP on other things before ranking up in order to not lose it.

Congrats. Will aim for that rank myself at a minimum(Phoena and Juliana subs yay!), also have WAY too many 4+5 star units to level since I keep at least 1 copy of each.

Brave Frontier Collab start!

Basically stopped after pulling the 5 star warrior cause I didn't want to push my luck any further lol

pretty impressed with this though, used less than 50 stones and came out with 3 SRs and 1 SSR

probably would have pulled more if they didn't change the pick ups for the desert tavern since its literally the dancer tavern with musica, sasha, hassan and roxanne as pick ups

definitely going to be tossing a whole bunch of stones there to build up a dancer team!

--------------------------------------------------

JPCC also got a new update

you can now have overflow AP
exp is shown (haven't tried it if it actually shows how many levels you gain) when you are enhancing
looks like it does show you, pretty awesome!
two new prysma items: one increases for a set amount of time (7 or 30 days) your party cost to 70, the second increases exp gain for a character for 2 hours
new SR tickets which guarantees a SR unit when you make a pull, doesn't change SSR rates, each ticket is limited to a certain tavern, new players get a ticket going through the story in book 1

BJK

Oh boy, this expert power training quest.

7 AP, 800 exp and lots of 2* enhancers.

With this great succes rate up I think I'm just going to lvl up all my side units lol.

I'm using all the 2* enhancers to level up Phoena, so I can free up that spot in my sub party (until I actually unlock her 2nd ability).

More to the point, though: rings! I'm getting way more rings than I'd usually get from grinding dailies. Loving this event quest; my only disappointment is that we didn't get it for the full week.

garath

I'm trying to level up Armilus for the upcoming archer demon raid. I've maxed my Lindsey already. Next up is Sapras if I'm able to finish off Armilus.

Kettch

I'm trying to level up Armilus for the upcoming archer demon raid. I've maxed my Lindsey already. Next up is Sapras if I'm able to finish off Armilus.

I'm finishing off my knight team for that raid, since the event character is one. Suppose I might be able to put an archer in the last spot though, if I don't pull the event character/Roxanna/Musica before then. Currently I'm thinking Flaw/Dannady/Ihelmina/???-Juliana/Phoena.

garath

I'm finishing off my knight team for that raid, since the event character is one. Suppose I might be able to put an archer in the last spot though, if I don't pull the event character/Roxanna/Musica before then. Currently I'm thinking Flaw/Dannady/Ihelmina/???-Juliana/Phoena.

Hmmmm.. Maybe I should work on my knight team instead as well. I don't know.. I did pretty well without the event character and just my beefy soldiers in the last one.

Quixzlizx

I already have slots locked up for Juliana and Musica. I don't know whether I want to put Frau in the sub party or the main party, since I think her attack boost is only 15%. Although she also boosts other knights by 5%.

And I'm definitely not assuming I'm getting the event char.

Lockon

I got Freya after about 5 pulls, leveled her and found out I need Thrax for her second ability. Might as well try to get Thrax. resulting in the use of about 50-60k AC lol.

I had been pulling with AC coins since yesterday and didn't get any. I went from 375k AC to 320k AC, and was about to post complaining I didn't get one. But I got one as I was typing this post lol.

Aki-at

This Golem event is amazing, I'm sad I wasted Wednesday on the daily event because I've just gotten the 4th blue chest in a row from the quest.

Rings and 2* enhancer for only 7 AP, might burn some stamina fruits on this event on Sunday, has such good returns that I'm not going to be surprised having all my 4* and more units hit their max levels.

garath

This Golem event is amazing, I'm sad I wasted Wednesday on the daily event because I've just gotten the 4th blue chest in a row from the quest.

Rings and 2* enhancer for only 7 AP, might burn some stamina fruits on this event on Sunday, has such good returns that I'm not going to be surprised having all my 4* and more units hit their max levels.

It really is awesome. It's just so so boring lol. I wasted almost an entire day's worth of stamina yesterday because I just didn't want to do the quest over and over :(

Back to it today though. I really want to level some of my 4* and demons that I haven't touched.

Aki-at

It really is awesome. It's just so so boring lol. I wasted almost an entire day's worth of stamina yesterday because I just didn't want to do the quest over and over :(

Back to it today though. I really want to level some of my 4* and demons that I haven't touched.

Yeah it's ALMOST autoble and that's the most annoying thing about it. But as I write this post my 4 in a row blue chest drop streak has become 6 in a row, really must have a high drop rate chance!

Enron

Banned
I can only get like 1 or 2 chests to ever drop in the golem lvl 50 event. What am i doing wrong! I bring a nimpha! :( Everyone else gettin' blues left and right.

Quixzlizx

Yeah it's ALMOST autoble and that's the most annoying thing about it. But as I write this post my 4 in a row blue chest drop streak has become 6 in a row, really must have a high drop rate chance!

I have more like a 1 in 6 chance to get a blue chest. I think you're getting pretty lucky.

Kettch

I stopped counting yesterday, but after 242 runs I picked up 64 blue chests. That's a bit over 1 in 4 runs.

An interesting note is that I get 10 runs with a Stamina Fruit, which means 2.5 rings. So that alone pays for half of each fruit since they cost 5 rings.

I wish my characters were strong enough to do any of these events. Reading all these comments about easy experience are making me jealous. I tried but I can't pass the stage, even with high level GAF helpers. T_T

BJK

I wish my characters were strong enough to do any of these events. Reading all these comments about easy experience are making me jealous. I tried but I can't pass the stage, even with high level GAF helpers. T_T

Just keep leveling as best you can (and grinding the dailies for rings if you're F2P). Part of the reason why this event is easier for some of us is because we can throw a lot stronger party than newer players. With my cost cap up to 82, I can put up:

Lephret (60/60)
Selene (75/75)
Melvina (58/60)
Lolleta (52/60)
--
Nicky (52/60)
Juliana (59/60)

...and I'm sure there are others out there who put that team to shame.

Managed to get my Phoena up to 61/65; getting a Great Success while using the 4* enhancer from the Expert Quest plus the limit break & the rest 2* enhancers....picked up just over 6 levels right there! :)
Now time to get my Armilus from 55->70 before the next raid.

Krorg

I'm trying to save some rings to have a run at the fortune ring gatcha. Is there any point keeping Olga if I only have one copy?

bonkeng

I stopped counting yesterday, but after 242 runs I picked up 64 blue chests. That's a bit over 1 in 4 runs.

An interesting note is that I get 10 runs with a Stamina Fruit, which means 2.5 rings. So that alone pays for half of each fruit since they cost 5 rings.

I get average 4 rings per 10 run.

Gonna spam fruits on this quest to level up my ranks. Not to mention the 2* enhancers drop like crazy.

Krorg

Her kizuna ability isn't terrible?

boosts critical damage and critical rate
I haven't levelled her up enough to try. The other option is to clear out the free units from last event as well as the pig. I havent used them since the event ended so they're wasting space.

bonkeng

Pulled Freya just now.

I wonder if Claymore is suitable for her? I also have Fire Blade Juzumaru.

Which one is better for Freya?

Aki-at

I have more like a 1 in 6 chance to get a blue chest. I think you're getting pretty lucky.

Yep I do think I've been getting unnaturally lucky at this, no way Gumi intended for someone to get 9 blue chests in a row. I've been finding it 1 in 3 chance for me, but now I've been getting a few runs without any chest rate drops.

Does anyone know what happens if you level up a character to max before you clear their first quest when they have few more remaining, do the others automatically unlock or not?

Top Bottom