• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

For me AC gacha doesnt offer anything I need. I wouldnt be surprised if Gumi advertising takes new fail and that higher rate is for only that one new 3* unit.

I rather wait and spend my ac at V2 if it comes. During raids I have enough hassle with pull & sell shitties.

garath

For me AC gacha doesnt offer anything I need. I wouldnt be surprised if Gumi advertising takes new fail and that higher rate is for only that one new 3* unit.

I rather wait and spend my ac at V2 if it comes. During raids I have enough hassle with pull & sell shitties.

It's all about the rings. I'd like to MLB Frau. I don't think I'll have an issue with another demon raid or two but always nice to be on the safe side. I decided to MLB Lindsey in the end and used all my rings. I only have 153 right now.

Rixa

It's all about the rings. I'd like to MLB Frau. I don't think I'll have an issue with another demon raid or two but always nice to be on the safe side. I decided to MLB Lindsey in the end and used all my rings. I only have 153 right now.

Yeah then it might be good thing to burn some AC. Just remember, Frau should leave the building in October (end?).

Got fun bug when I was enhancing Armilus, offer popped same time. I can rotate Armilus.

"Get offer & Get Armilus for free!"
Screenshot_2015-07-17-16-00-00.png

You don't even need enhancers? Remember that next week also has better Great Success rate.

Quixzlizx

I just went TILT and ended up spending like 160 AP over last night and this morning getting the 4th chest on the daily.

At least I feel good about not putting the Naginata on Lindsey.

Also, the Bishop's Cane was kind of a disappointment at the end of Lilith's CSQ. I'm glad I put the Dawn Cane on her. Although speaking of debuffs, is it worth keeping Golnessa around at all?

Rixa

You don't even need enhancers? Remember that next week also has better Great Success rate.

Not at the moment. Most of my 5* are already 60 (or demons / fr chars max leveled) I have Mimu at level 1, but Colosseum is good source of 3* enhancers & upcoming raids help also.

I'm kinda dissapointed in Trystan's effectiveness in the Gauntlet, I can't wipe out a full line anymore, with Coro I was always able to clear three soldiers in one go.

Am I just messing up or is it actually impossible with Trystan's dash ability?

garath

I'm kinda dissapointed in Trystan's effectiveness in the Gauntlet, I can't wipe out a full line anymore, with Coro I was always able to clear three soldiers in one go.

Am I just messing up or is it actually impossible with Trystan's dash ability?

You can do it, but it's not easy. It requires the enemy scooting just a tiny bit closer to each other. I usually shift him up slightly in the Colosseum to guarantee two kills (sometimes he only hits one if I don't move him o_O) and gets him to the backline to kill the mage/healer.

But yeah, I think overall Coro's ability is more useful in straight kill potential in PvP. The stun is nice if it isn't an instant kill though.

Kettch

I switched over to a Trystan/Selene/Mei+Phoena/Juliana team recently for gauntlet. Just pulling Selene back at the start causes all of the opponents to bunch up on Trystan for his special to take out.

I switched over to a Trystan/Selene/Mei+Phoena/Juliana team recently for gauntlet. Just pulling Selene back at the start causes all of the opponents to bunch up on Trystan for his special to take out.

Is it worth it to take so much high lvl characters with you? Doesn't it increase the difficulty?

Kettch

Is it worth it to take so much high lvl characters with you? Doesn't it increase the difficulty?

Yeah, it increases the opponent's ranks a lot. That team gets a rank 4X or so for the first fight, then goes up to 80 or so before I get the same 83 and 103 opponents for the last two fights every time.

Before this I was running a level 32 Minimo and 9 level 1s. The first opponent was like rank 12 and the final one was around 50.

I think I manage to complete it faster with the high level group though. Almost never have to reset now. Also more of a sure thing. I would occasionally run into a group that I couldn't kill with Minimo, but it's all easy now.

bonkeng

It depends on what team you have.

I used to have a difficult time at ganutlet, but ever since i pulled Aludra + Brewery, it's just too easy now.

Front aoe knight or warrior (Zaren or Lephret or Dannady or Trystan)

3 mages (Aludra, Brewery, Bilgitto)

Sub: Phoena

Brewery will 1-shot a warriors team. If it has 2 or more ranged unit, I'll use Aludra aoe instead. By the time i reach the 4th stage, my mana pool is full.

Same goes for colo, doesn't even matter if all units are MLB.

Krorg

Nope. I'm never even going to look at the FR gacha again. I could have MLBed 3 or 4 monthly FR arcana with the amount of rings it took last time. Just feels like too much of a waste.

FR arcana are no better than SR arcana. I’d rather spend the rings on new weapons or save up a lot for the gatcha.

Azusa

Sadly all these collabs in mobage don't add anything interesting to game. Only new art and urge to spend money on usually mediocre characters with great art.

Sadly all these collabs in mobage don't add anything interesting to game. Only new art and urge to spend money on usually mediocre characters with great art.

most of the collab characters have been pretty useful

and even if you don't want any of the new characters, the collab events always come with some of the best enhancer quests

-----------------------------------------------------

not even sure how I missed this but we're getting a (full fledged) anime next year!

Gizuko

I somehow doubt we'll get v2 until all the v1 FR exchange arcana have been released. v2 has the FR gacha and the monthly FR exchange arcana quest, which I don't trust Gumi to code out, and their schedules could overlap with the current FR exchange if they mess it up - it probably wouldn't happen, though.

I guess they could put v2 up and just grey-out those options, but then again, what about v1 demons? Sigh.

I somehow doubt we'll get v2 until all the v1 FR exchange arcana have been released. v2 has the FR gacha and the monthly FR exchange arcana quest, which I don't trust Gumi to code out, and their schedules could overlap with the current FR exchange if they mess it up - it probably wouldn't happen, though.

I guess they could put v2 up and just grey-out those options, but then again, what about v1 demons? Sigh.

I expect Gumi to follow the JpCC schedule, nothing more, nothing less.
Since there are only going to be two more demons before Aggdra I'd say we'll see V2 within two months.

not even sure how I missed this but we're getting a (full fledged) anime next year!

I hope it won't be just the main story, I'd like to see some original content or side stories animated. The main story is pretty dull to be honest. It would be a shame if they only animated that, something smilar to the KanColle anime would be ideal.

Gizuko

I expect Gumi to follow the JpCC schedule, nothing more, nothing less.
Since there are only going to be two more demons before Aggdra I'd say we'll see V2 within two months.

I really wish they'd bring it sooner, but that's just the best thing to do. As long as they don't decide to go a month without a demon this is my bet as well.

I really wish they'd bring it sooner, but that's just the best thing to do. As long as they don't decide to go a month without a demon this is my bet as well.

Well, there's also the tower events like Selene's, if any of those happen V2 will be delayed a bit because there always one "event" and then a few weeks of rest.

Gizuko

Well, there's also the tower events like Selene's, if any of those happen V2 will be delayed a bit because there always one "event" and then a few weeks of rest.

We should probably be safe in that regard, unless Gumi pulls a custom one. Out of the two I know of before the sheshemet event, Moanette is V2 due to fist weapon, and Tsuru could be v1. I think Tsuru came after Moanette, though.

Kettch

They put the future golem quests in a bit early, and the advanced one gave 800 XP for 7 AP. Really easy for a level 50 quest too, just 5 waves. I only got the first chest, but apparently they're enhancer 2/enhancer 2/enhancer 3/enhancer 3. Definitely going to burn stamina fruit on that until I hit rank 80 at least. Maybe more if those rings drop at a decent rate.

Oreoleo

They put the future golem quests in a bit early, and the advanced one gave 800 XP for 7 AP. Really easy for a level 50 quest too, just 5 waves. I only got the first chest, but apparently they're enhancer 2/enhancer 2/enhancer 3/enhancer 3. Definitely going to burn stamina fruit on that until I hit rank 80 at least. Maybe more if those rings drop at a decent rate.
They must have changed it pretty fast. I'm only seeing a 10AP quest that's giving 1000xp.

Kettch

Since I'm getting 30 Prysma most days from Coliseum, I decided to do a few pulls for the new event.

4* Yawood
4* Linia
3*Envy (Gold team is complete, should get over 100k now)
3* Korona (Mana Training could be useful at some point)
And 3 rings from a Kai.

No 5*, but I'm pretty happy.

garath

That Claymore is pretty awesome. Good replacement for a Grief sword if you missed it. I have no idea who I'd put it on though.

Rixa

One more weapon gathering dust in inventory. I decided to start collect Prysma & Prem Tix for future (in hope of V2 release). Also stopped caring about dailies, I do them if I dont have anything else to do with ap or if I remember.

This game seriously needs constant new events / overhaul in form of V2. These semi events arent helping at all.

Azusa

One more weapon gathering dust in inventory. I decided to start collect Prysma & Prem Tix for future (in hope of V2 release). Also stopped caring about dailies, I do them if I dont have anything else to do with ap or if I remember.

This game seriously needs constant new events / overhaul in form of V2. These semi events arent helping at all.

I like it. I can play on weekdays before and after work and on weekends farm something or just collect daily login bonus. Very casual and no grinding.

Since for once, JPCC doesn't have any ongoing events, decided to get through more of the story.

Oh god, Chapter 10 is such a dragggggggg

BJK

Spent 2 revive fruit on the 4th mission, but I got the Claymore quest done today. Wouldn't have had to spend that much, but the XP returns (1000 on 10 AP) dictated throwing my leveling characters at the quest, rather than my best arcana. I can get revive fruit pretty readily from Gauntlet, so no real loss there.

Changed my lead to Lephret this week, in case anyone wants a character with Golem killer (181,929,145 BK_GAF). Msg me if you don't have GAF in your user name.

Managed to spend a good chunk of last week running side / chain stories, since I didn't care about 6-attack swords (and was not going to chase the good sword...which made Claymore all the sweeter). Finished my 3rd chain story, so 1 more & I can get a 2nd Phoena.

Not spending premium tickets in the festival this week, but I will throw some AC at the increased rate of rares; I already received the last Harukai I needed for MLB, and I'm hoping to cross the other two priority rares (Jedah, Yona) off my to-do list.

ah_hia

I did 5 10x normal recruit pulls. Not a single Thrax. Wait for V2 if you ask me. My unused account for 1 week got a thrax in the mail as return incentive.

Can someone confirm if this still works, I don't have a good Dusty.

The glitch that I heard about was for the Sage's Gauntlet is as follows:

This glitch lets you run the gauntlet with just DUSTY and Marina/Latty that everyone has. Watch the video below. It's totally legit Dusty really can do 1500+ dmg with each of his 7hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbWq3hCqnAs

To do this you just need to make a normal party with your Dusty, Marga, Marina and Latty in it and enter the Titans Cave Challenge (only costs 1ap) with that team. You can quit it right away with the Menu>Give up button. Then go into the Gauntlet and your guys will still have their Atk/HP boosts from Titans cave :p.

Key to this strategy is also making sure you have at least 4or5 soldier mana to carry into the start of the next battle. Do this by delaying the finish with your Healer vs theirs usually or a Dancer/Singer is actually best. Remember that the first 5 mana in the bar (farthest to the Right) are the ones that carry over.

Be warned the first match you use your chars in their HP will start off way low at ~40% but that is simply fixed by using both Marina and Latty in your first battle.

Don't really know if this is still a thing, the explanation is also kinda shoddly written.

whew, v1 story completed!

kinda sad how my warrior team kinda basically stomped it at the end while my main knight team was doing ok, but not as quick

looking forward to tackling the new stuff to unlock new taverns

finallyyyyyyyy reached the first new tavern in v2

the story sure takes it sweet time in getting there

pretty nice to get all the v2 of the original cast though

Oh boy, this expert power training quest.

7 AP, 800 exp and lots of 2* enhancers.

With this great succes rate up I think I'm just going to lvl up all my side units lol.

Kettch

Oh boy, this expert power training quest.

7 AP, 800 exp and lots of 2* enhancers.

With this great succes rate up I think I'm just going to lvl up all my side units lol.

Yep, the super quest is back, and no nerf from the sneak peak we got 2 days ago. The last two chest are 3* enhancers as well.

Top Bottom