• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

garath

Is this upcoming demon the Archer one? I see they are bringing Juliana back again. This will be the third time I don't get her lol

BJK

Is this upcoming demon the Archer one?

We don't really know what type the raid weapon is going to be, since there's no loot table for this raid. (The archer-weapon raid is Rasphia, but that raid is getting pushed back....which is good news to anyone eyeballing Solo, the FR exchange Archer likely to be made available in September & October.)

(EDIT: Gray Fox Shooter Solo should be available in October and November; forgot about Shelazard.)

The demon prequel quest reward is an A-rank sword with healing properties; unless it's ability does two things, it's not the raid weapon (which has always been a B-rank item thusfar).

My favorite part of the announcements for next week is the reduced cost on the dailies. Combined with the AP buddy system, this could free up a good portion of my time to actually advance the story with my leveling party so I can get to Phoena's second ability quest & unlock her sub-party boost.

huh, wow global is getting an exclusive raid and its a brave frontier collab

wonder how it would compare to the brave frontier tower event we just had :D

I just checked the MAL page of that OVA and I noticed that the Seiyuu's are all pretty well known and stuff, at least for me. I never noticed it since I play without sound so it was a bit of a suprise.

Didn't you know, Akira Ishida voices EVERYONE

Aki-at

I have been using the EXACT same strategy except the pause glitch. Refresh through out the day every hour and half, when I do tumble down, I just climb back up quickly. But it was during the last 10 minutes where things go crazy and I fall from 69 down to 230 and I just didn't know how (I'm pretty good in general, always wake up at 250 or so with 3/4 attempts left to climb up.) but I was always dumbfounded as how I get such a dramatic drop. I completely forgot about the pause glitch, thought I was just extremely unlucky.

Thanks for sharing, going to attempt it tomorrow morning and see what happens, wish the battle was limited with a 5 minute timer so people couldn't abuse it heh.

This time Juliana has x3 chance.

900 Prysma saved up with a few premium tickets, I can't resist the temptation to grab a Julianna.

Avalt

I remember when Filiana had a 5x chance some time ago. After 30 tries and no 5* arcana I gave up back then.

A 3x bonus doesn't instill any confidence for me :p Will be saving my 1200 prysma for v.2 thou I'll probably use my 3 tickets.

Kettch

Thanks for sharing, going to attempt it tomorrow morning and see what happens, wish the battle was limited with a 5 minute timer so people couldn't abuse it heh.

Well, it's a 15 minute timer currently, if you pause for longer than that you stay at your old rank and don't get your challenge back. If they changed it to a 5 minute timer, people would just pause for 5 minutes instead. :p

I don't think it's all that bad of an exploit, basically just changes the end of the day race to 3:45 instead of 4:00. Though people who don't know about it certainly get screwed over.

And yeah, they still need to do something about favoring people who are available at the end. The end timer needs to rotate throughout the day, and then I think the feature will at least be decently fair finally.

So you're swimming in Prysma right?

It's growing pretty steadily between coliseum and gauntlet. I only go for the top 50 30 prysma though, as trying for the top 10 is just too risky. Really hardcore people can do some fancy stuff like have an alt challenge the #1 spot with 25 minutes to go, locking it in until 10 minutes to go, then finish the fight and have their main immediately challenge their alt, locking it in again until the end. When you get up there you risk having no attackable opponents, so you might get knocked down a long ways instead.

Also on that note, the #3 spot in coliseum seems to have a bug of some kind associated with it. A bunch of people said they were there and then they got a bug where they couldn't enter the coliseum for 24 hours, endlessly loading. The exact same thing then happened to me when I went up to there once. So avoid being #3. :p

garath

This desert exploration expert stage is pretty nice. Low AP and a pretty decent chance for that last chest. I've stock piled at least 15 3* all enhancers. As much as I need the rings for Frau, I'm kind of tempted to use them to power level someone.

Vylash

i know i just said a few pages back that OTs for jp only games are a waste of time, but does anyone want one for fate/grand order?

garath

I have 21 3* all enhancers. That desert expert quest is awesome. Not sure if I should sell them all or power level someone. Lol

Avalt

I have 21 3* all enhancers. That desert expert quest is awesome. Not sure if I should sell them all or power level someone. Lol

I finally got the 4th chest on my 16th run of that quest (all Nimpha runs) That is 160AP for just one 3* Enhancer... Drop rate to me seems below 10 percent.

garath

I finally got the 4th chest on my 16th run of that quest (all Nimpha runs) That is 160AP for just one 3* Enhancer... Drop rate to me seems below 10 percent.

Really? It seems closer to 30% for me. I got 4 more this morning with around 120 AP.

man the demon raid in jpcc is pretty tough

lots lots lots of hp boss
boss mobs becoming super common at like level 50/60
the event SRs are pretty much useless later on lol
in harder levels, there are sealing archers that target your dancers

the only bonus is that the event spear/axe at the fortune ring shop gives a +30% boost to the party so I decided to make a mono-warrior team with Rafa and Lucia holding the fr weapons and Hassan as my dancer and seemed to do better

dunno if I'll be able to MLB this at all lol

bonkeng

Just did 20 pulls.

Lephret, Alvert, 6 x 3* rings, Yawood, 5 x 3* rings, Danady, Ihelmina, 3 x 3* rings, last pull Juliana! All Prysma gone but at least I got what I wanted :)

How do I get Selena? Next weeks festival?

Maybe this Juliana festival is just a trick to bait us into wasting our prysma so we'll have to buy a bunch when Selena comes along lol, I'll wait untill next weekend when there's more info before I'm going to pull for Juliana.

Just did 20 pulls.

Lephret, Alvert, 6 x 3* rings, Yawood, 5 x 3* rings, Danady, Ihelmina, 3 x 3* rings, last pull Juliana! All Prysma gone but at least I got what I wanted :)

Getting Juliana on your last pull damn, those last moments had to be super intense right?

bonkeng

How do I get Selena? Next weeks festival?

Maybe this Juliana festival is just a trick to bait us into wasting our prysma so we'll have to buy a bunch when Selena comes along lol, I'll wait untill next weekend when there's more info before I'm going to pull for Juliana.

Getting Juliana on your last pull damn, those last moments had to be super intense right?

Yeah it's pretty intense. But I honestly wasn't already expecting to get her, just finishing up my remaining prysma.

On a side note, i noticed when i pulled Lephret, Pirika came out, so I expected a 4*. Yggdra appeared for Juliana. Weird that Lephret is considered as a 4* lol.

bonkeng

Isn't it random who pops up? I wouldn't know since I haven't rolled enough 5* to notice it ;_;

I've pulled a few 5*, but I noticed Yggdra appeared on all except now. And 4*'s are all Pirika. But that's based on my pulls. Maybe you're right that it's random. I'm happy that Lephret showed up than a 4*, so no complaint :)

Um. Is it just me or is the brave battle quest broken? I go in and wait and wait and wait and the boss never comes.

Me too. No enemy showed up. Good thing it's only 5ap.

Azusa

Attention Captains!
It has come to our attention that most players are experiencing an issue wherein the monsters doesn't show up on the quest "Brave Battles on Blade of Ice and Rose event" resulting in stucking up on the quest.
Please be informed that our team is fully aware of the situation and is now conducting a fix to prevent it from happening again. May we advise everyone to please refrain from entering the said quest until the fix has been deployed. Please wait for our official announcement.
For those who encountered the issue or want to discuss concerns regarding the event, you may report it through this thread: http://goo.gl/LCLZwn
Thank you very much for bearing with us.

Posted on CC facebook.

CMDouf3UMAAcT8I.jpg

CMDou07UMAAmBeh.jpg

Sega really wants you to work for it to get a SSR knight.

Doesn't help the princess is pretty bad since her skill is a one hit then 5 seconds later a second much stronger hit.

Plus even though I'm running a mono warrior team, I'm still getting mana screwed in the waves before the boss and now I started encountering sealing archers.

Anko

8 pulls. 7 Rares. 1 Lephret.

I saw the weird recruit lady appear for the very first time. Makes me wonder why I got excited over seeing Pirika in the past.

Will stop now and save some for the raid character. I don't want a Juliana that badly...

Aki-at

Well, it's a 15 minute timer currently, if you pause for longer than that you stay at your old rank and don't get your challenge back. If they changed it to a 5 minute timer, people would just pause for 5 minutes instead. :p

I don't think it's all that bad of an exploit, basically just changes the end of the day race to 3:45 instead of 4:00. Though people who don't know about it certainly get screwed over.

And yeah, they still need to do something about favoring people who are available at the end. The end timer needs to rotate throughout the day, and then I think the feature will at least be decently fair finally.P

I don't mind people waiting for 5 minutes, it takes 5 minutes for your challenge time to refresh, so in theory I should be able to make the jump back up safely.

But I agree the timer should go back a hour (Or 2) each day, it'd help people living in the Americas, who right now are getting a bit screwed over.

Also this morning I just noticed what you meant by being "locked" out, I had 5 minutes before the daily rewards were decided and I kept being told to refresh, didn't realise you can't play against an opponent if they're already in a battle. It was a shame, was position 52... So close!

chrono01

Ouch :( That's usually what happens to me too.
I've been playing since release and still only have the single 5* tavern unit that I re-rolled for. My luck with gatcha games has always been poor, but it seems Chain Chronicle takes it to another level entirely. :/

So the fix for Brave Battle quest was posted on Gumi's Facebook page. As an iOS user, I have no idea what to do exactly. I'm not linked to a Facebook account as I don't have one and have no intention to make one. Was any other iOS user able to clear this up?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chain Chronicle For those who experienced an issue regarding the missing boss wave on the Blade of Ice and Rose event quest Brave Battles please reinstall your game client or perform a Clear user data (For Android users) and make sure that your account is linked to an existing Facebook account or make sure you have your transfer/migration id when doing so to avoid losing your account progress.

We'll be sending out a compensation of x1 Stamina Fruit to your present box within 72 hours.

Thank you very much for your patience and for your kind of understanding.

chrono01

So the fix for Brave Battle quest was posted on Gumi's Facebook page. As an iOS user, I have no idea what to do exactly. I'm not linked to a Facebook account as I don't have one and have no intention to make one. Was any other iOS user able to clear this up?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chain Chronicle For those who experienced an issue regarding the missing boss wave on the Blade of Ice and Rose event quest Brave Battles please reinstall your game client or perform a Clear user data (For Android users) and make sure that your account is linked to an existing Facebook account or make sure you have your transfer/migration id when doing so to avoid losing your account progress.

We'll be sending out a compensation of x1 Stamina Fruit to your present box within 72 hours.

Really? To fix the issue they're going to have us uninstall/reinstall the entire thing? There's really no other way? :/

Avalt

Ridiculous, will not bother with the quest I guess...

Anyway... is the Volunteer Bow a good match for Sasha? Don't want to end up wasting the bow :p

Despite what Gumi said, I was able to complete the question without reinstalling. It might work for you too, so give it a try!

Yeah, it was a weird solution on their Facebook page especially considering that it seems it is now working. Why put people through a potential data loss when they can fix it server side?

Top Bottom