• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Gizuko

I imagine most people forgot about the tutorial after enough rerolling X)

biggest time sink ever haha Definitely forgot on prupose.

Yeah, I just got LB3 from the demon coins which was nice. Of course I was like 100 pulls away from the 2nd guarantee copy so kinda annoyed by that ~_~

I just assumed its so long cause it runs into the obon festival and they just didn't want to time around it and instead just let it run longer

Ah, that happened to me once during the Alphim raid. Each saved DC counts, of course, but you end up wishing it would have popped up AFTER getting the guaranteed one.

That would make sense, I wish they'd keep the idea of extending a bit DRs, I like them better this way. At any rate, at the upper floors the drop rate is supposedly higher, so you should count on that too!
I got lucky yesterday but I'm still going, need fodder to level up all those SR beastfolk.

The summer daily quest AP reduction is over though it was supposed to last until the 16th. How cheap of you Gumi. I may put in a support ticket. Might even score a whole stamina fruit!

Gumi's reply to my ticket:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gumi Suppo
gumi Support Team (Support & Community Portal)
Aug 16, 10:36

Hi,

We have noted the information provided and apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. The developers are working round the clock to fix the Said issues. Rest assured that they are already on top of the situation / fixing it as we speak and will provide an update as soon as possible.

Chain Chronicle Team!
[25]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just glad they didn't address me as Captain.

Aki-at

I flunked on my coliseum battle for a place in the 20s and ended up at position 1132 from 34.

How does that even happen? o_O

Any word of V2 yet? I remember months ago, they teased it on FB as if it were to happen within a few weeks, lol.

Nico Nico No

There are two JP demon raids left between us and V2 but with this extra BF exclusive raid all bets are of, three month tops?

Good to see you back here though, I started worrying when I looked at my friends list ;P

CMiUj0gU8AAL6Gi.jpg
CMiUkHpUsAAAoNy.jpg

Somehow did it, got the last copy I needed from a gold chest! :O

My first MLB demon, I'm so proud~

Kettch

Who are you guys throwing lexida on? Thinking about giving it to parchelle or ares.

I think there's one more sword raid before weapon swapping, so you may want to hold off.

Only options for me are are Lindsey and Trystan, so I guess Lindsey. Might save it for more of a tank, but then again, the Defender Sword is probably better for a tank.

lankelink

Neo Member
4 pulls:

3* Audette
3* Thrax
4* Popra
5* Selena

I can't believe my luck! However, Selena has no quest available yet in her info page (her 2 abilities are unlocked...). Also, her weapon is a C ranked Katana...

Edit: Her abilities are "Chieftess' Fortune" and "Winter Rose", but there is no description...

I'm going to roll for Selena just because I can then have Selene and Selena in my team.

Edit

3* Clauss (new) 2x
3* Thrax (new) 2x
3* Tornado 3x
3* Kanbeh
3* Sana
3* Indou
3* Ursula (new)
3* Diez
4* Phillip (new)
3* Haruaki
3* Jedah
4* Popra

AYYY LMAOO?

garath

I pulled 4 times for Selena just because. I have nothing left now. No Selena but I did get two 4* units: mage Rebecca and soldier toka. Not bad. I think I already have a toka. Might lb her then. Shes the one with the wave heal right?

Rebecca looka good for a mage team. Nice front line unit with a 1 mana special.

Its something at least.

Aki-at

Yaari you're back!

Have the blue chests been updated or something in the demon raids? I got a new character for the first time in ages.

Wait there's a Chain Chronicle manga?

Chain Chronicle Crimson or something, does anyone know something about it? Is it fun.

If it's anything like Sega's other tie ins it's not going to be very good.

(I've been tempted to get it just for my Sega art collection but it's all in Japanese so...)

Kettch

The raid weapon is back to doing 4x damage again. Swapped my leader over to Super Selene.

Wonder if it'll be worth it to run Dannady if I get a second spear. Picked up another copy, so he's MLB now and could do some pretty nice damage.

garath

The raid weapon is back to doing 4x damage again. Swapped my leader over to Super Selene.

Wonder if it'll be worth it to run Dannady if I get a second spear. Picked up another copy, so he's MLB now and could do some pretty nice damage.

Dammit. I really don't want to give up the furnace blade on Selene. But looks like I might have to.

Aki-at

Now that is FANTASTIC.

Shame Selene is my only warrior spear user I have but she should be destroying waves of demons quickly now.

Dammit. I really don't want to give up the furnace blade on Selene. But looks like I might have to.

This is why I haven't even equipped my Lindsey with the grief sword yet, worried something like this would happen :(

garath

Now that is FANTASTIC.

Shame Selene is my only warrior spear user I have but she should be destroying waves of demons quickly now.

This is why I haven't even equipped my Lindsey with the grief sword yet, worried something like this would happen :(

Its such crap. Why even give us good weapons if we are punished for using them. I have the grief sword on my Lindsey. Its going to suck taking that off her.

Aki-at

So I did a 10 honour recruit pull and got only 3*...

On the flipside, I got two Tornados. With the one I already have, thinking of making him LB2 and attach any spare spear weapons onto him but I'm not sure if a LB2 Tornado (Attack somewhere in 5000) can do as much damage as a lvl 80 Sulstan with the demon raid weapon.

Its such crap. Why even give us good weapons if we are punished for using them. I have the grief sword on my Lindsey. Its going to suck taking that off her.

I'm glad they actually rectified this for version 2 with the three weapon switch, but really not sure when we're even getting that version. I still think its a bad game design move to have weapons permanently attached to characters, especially since most of the good ones are one off event specials :/

If the crafting mode had better AP returns I'd be okay with that but it screws over F2P players.

Rixa

It seems that Selene is the MVP here and Musica is giving the boost again.

Musica boost -> Selene skill = 158k damage to Elza.

Enron

Banned
how useful is the raid weapon? If its useless like the big bang was last raid, im not even going to bother.

Edit: oh, looks like its useful.

Wait there's a Chain Chronicle manga?

Chain Chronicle Crimson or something, does anyone know something about it? Is it fun.

Pluses:
- Nice to see all the characters you probably sold or never got
- So far seems to be an original story set in the world so not much running around with the stupid book

Minuses:
- The original main character is a shounen annoying idiot.
- He's really annoying

--------------------------------------------

Also can't convert time zones correctly so it looks like there's one more day of the demon raid in JPCC left to go. Guess I'll aim for level 180 for the premium ticket lol

Will help considering Sega is changing the pick-ups for SIX taverns

Aki-at

Pluses:
- So far seems to be an original story set in the world so not much running around with the stupid book

Minuses:
- He's really annoying

Haha at him being two negative points instead of just one.

But does it finally answer the question if Pirika is a boy or a girl???

Haha at him being two negative points instead of just one.

But does it finally answer the question if Pirika is a boy or a girl???

She's a girl right???? I think she has a female voice in the OVA.

Pluses:

Minuses:
- He's really annoying

Did we really expect anything better from a character called "hero"? Thanks though, maybe I'll look into it.

Quixzlizx

Damn it, I don't want to replace the Furnace Blade on Selene. I guess I could run with knights, but that would make my party suck more : |

What was Brewery's damage boost in comparison to Selena's x5?

The "Hero" in the manga is actually a pretty grounded character in the manga.

The main character in the manga (the one with the red hair) is the super annoying one.

Oh, shame that he sucks I guess.

I think I want to read this and see more of the artwork though, any pointers on how to read it, there are like two chapters right? Weekly release?

Oh, shame that he sucks I guess.

I think I want to read this and see more of the artwork though, any pointers on how to read it, there are like two chapters right? Weekly release?

series is already completed so its pretty much whenever the translators release a new chapter lol

garath

Damn it, I don't want to replace the Furnace Blade on Selene. I guess I could run with knights, but that would make my party suck more : |

What was Brewery's damage boost in comparison to Selena's x5?

I have the exact same quandry. :( the demon this time seems pretty good though. Dammit.

Quixzlizx

I put Musica as my leader since there is so many Selene's already.

After I noticed your change in my FL, I did the same.

I have a couple of empty FL slots after deleting some inactive people, so feel free to send an invite to 102,366,264 if you'd like. Just let me know your account name since I have a billion pending requests and might miss it otherwise.

This manga has it's moments

QXOGSGTl.jpg

Mr. Shonen is nothing special, fortunately nobody is taking his shit, even Wargman bullies him, savage.

There's also a good amount of attention to detail, Brewery is behind the bar for example even though she's a very minor character in the game.

---------------

Everyday I thank the Gumi gods for blessing me with a MLB Selene, why even try to roll for Selena when you can just use her to blow everyone up.

Later on a multiple hit skill is going to cost way too much time anyway, better use Selene for that fast burst, if it's 4X bonus VS 5X bonus a MLB Selene is probably going to be better than a LB0 Selena anyway.

Reminds me I've still got to watch the OVA... But I've got a backlog of Shirokuma Cafe, Psycho Pass, Gangster and more to get through, so much anime, so little time D:

I use to think so too but then topics like this has confused me so I don't know what to think anymore! http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/chain-c...ion-about-pirika-s-gender?p=137805#post137805

I looked up her voice in the OVA and she sounds rather tomboyish so I'm not so sure anymore! Anyhow, I'll keep it in my headcanon that's she's female. It would make that Phoena skirt scene less awkward.

The OVA is only 45 minutes long btw, half of the arcs are pretty good, Nimpha, Toka and the last one stand out. The vanity of them being Chain Chronicle characters also helps, the middle part of the OVA is really boring though.

Quixzlizx

Made 6 pulls tonight. I started off OK with Febrya and Toka, then quickly derailed into 2 Zygmunts and 2 Indous. That (de)escalated quickly.

Gizuko

Somehow did it, got the last copy I needed from a gold chest! :O

My first MLB demon, I'm so proud~

Congrats! It paid off, at last haha

Managed to MLB her too, I even got spare copies. Now in gCC, I expect nothing but a LB1. I don't even know if the rates are different, but it seems my luck is v2-only (except in the beastfolk tavern).

Top Bottom