• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Kettch

Ridiculous, will not bother with the quest I guess...

Anyway... is the Volunteer Bow a good match for Sasha? Don't want to end up wasting the bow :p

There's supposed to be a really good Archer sub buffer released down the road (I forget the name), so that would be the ideal place for it if you can hold off.

EDIT: Bleh, I didn't realize the Brave reward was a 5* weapon enhancer. Tempted to sell it for the one ring considering the huge mass of weapon enhancers I have sitting around doing nothing. :/

desverger

Yeah, it was a weird solution on their Facebook page especially considering that it seems it is now working. Why put people through a potential data loss when they can fix it server side?

Their facebook is ran by some sort of people who have no idea what's going on with the game. Not the first time there's been some bad advice in there.

Avalt

There's supposed to be a really good Archer sub buffer released down the road (I forget the name), so that would be the ideal place for it if you can hold off.

EDIT: Bleh, I didn't realize the Brave reward was a 5* weapon enhancer. Tempted to sell it for the one ring considering the huge mass of weapon enhancers I have sitting around doing nothing. :/

Did some research and it seems that Aile is her name :p Your right, I better wait and start saving more fortune rings for the ring gatcha.

Gizuko

If Gumi follows the same reward scheme/event difficulty (lol) you will be able to get a second set of volunteer weapons (meaning you get 2 of each down the road) during the second (first, I guess Gumi will skip the failure and simply apply the redux version) subjugation event.

Also, said subjugation event should be a 1-2 months after Aile leaves the ring gacha, so you probably won't have to wait too much (I still wouldn't give Sasha the volunteer bow).

--------------

Hang in there jpCC players! I swear the 3 soul buff is the best thing ever, but it turns everything into a slow creep.

I don't know if I'll be able to MLB this one, is it just me or they significantly reduced DC rewards? I mean, they usually gave a lot of DC during the first stages and this time around it seemed gCC amounts of coins.

--------------

Hang in there jpCC players! I swear the 3 soul buff is the best thing ever, but it turns everything into a slow creep.

I don't know if I'll be able to MLB this one, is it just me or they significantly reduced DC rewards? I mean, they usually gave a lot of DC during the first stages and this time around it seemed gCC amounts of coins.

yeah, the 3 soul buff is the best

I started doing it with level 90 on just to save myself some time since I felt I wasn't going to 2 soul the demon reliability anymore and that there's like 5-6 more days of the event left for me to reach level 120 lol

maybe? I didn't keep track of when I got the guarantee pull from the last few demon raids but at like level 92 and I have 100 more pulls to go so seems they are trickling the demon coins drops

and not like I ever been lucky and gotten a gold chest here either ;[

I have a bunch of 3* weapons (Rapier, Shamshir, Scale Bow, etc.); is it better to sell them for rings or give them to characters? Also, is it better to use things like the IV* and V* enhancers or sell them for the one ring?

I have a bunch of 3* weapons (Rapier, Shamshir, Scale Bow, etc.); is it better to sell them for rings or give them to characters? Also, is it better to use things like the IV* and V* enhancers or sell them for the one ring?

Just sell those weapons if you aren't going to use them or keep them in your inventory if you feel like you'll have to use them later on, maybe only sell them when you actually need the rings.

The general concensus is that IV and V enhancers are good enough to use as enhancing material but when I used my V enhancer my character didn't get much level ups so they aren't that good.

Thanks for the reply. Are the 3* weapons that much of an improvement over the regular/default weapons? I've added a few but I don't really notice that much of an improvement.

I only have three 5* characters (Aludra, Sapras, and Frau), which I gave 3* weapons. I have a bunch of 3* characters but I wasn't sure if I should "waste" giving them 3* weapons or save them for if/when I get more 4* and 5* characters. If the weapons don't make that much of a difference then I'll just give whomever, whatever.

Are there known combinations in this game that's like "X is much better off having Y weapon"?

desverger

Remember, to upgrade to an A-rank weapon you need to go from C to B first, so you might want to keep some 3* weapons around or alternatively just use them on units that have C-rank weapons and you are planning to use them at some point.

Kettch

I would just sell 3* weapons unless they have some effect on them. What you want to upgrade your guys with are the 2* weapons, because they give a decent amount of stats and selling them gives you nothing. And you want to save the really good weapons for when we have weapon slots.

BJK

Remember, to upgrade to an A-rank weapon you need to go from C to B first, so you might want to keep some 3* weapons around or alternatively just use them on units that have C-rank weapons and you are planning to use them at some point.

I'm saving a fair number of 3* weapons, knowing full well I'll probably sell them off at some point. At the same time, I do try to use every 2* weapon I manage to pull from demon coins during events (like next week)...since those are B-rank weapons that can't be sold for rings.

Ok, thanks for the info guys. I actually didn't know you had to go C -> B -> A. I thought you could just go straight from C to A. I do have a bunch of 2* weapons as well so I'll hand those out and hold onto my 3* for now.

Aki-at

Did a 10 honour recruit pull.

9 x 3* (Not even one new!)

At least got Mustapha though! My gold hunting team is now complete, 6 characters all with gold multipliers, shouldn't ever have problem with gold in this game again (Which was only thanks to my coliseum strategy)

Should I or should I not use my 1000 prysma and attempt to get Julianna though...

bonkeng

At least got Mustapha though! My gold hunting team is now complete, 6 characters all with gold multipliers, shouldn't ever have problem with gold in this game again (Which was only thanks to my coliseum strategy)

Should I or should I not use my 1000 prysma and attempt to get Julianna though...

Do it :D

What are you waiting for? Audette and Zygmunt are waiting for you. But seriously, there are many reports of Julianna sightings on a certain C.C. Forum. I've done a couple rolls here and there and got Aries and Ilhelmina.

Aki-at

What are you waiting for? Audette and Zygmunt are waiting for you. But seriously, there are many reports of Julianna sightings on a certain C.C. Forum. I've done a couple rolls here and there and got Aries and Ilhelmina.

Well I just did 23 rolls, drum roll...

4x Rhynel (Woot max limit break!!11!!1)
4x Johan (Three coming consecutively after each other...)
3x Audette and 1x Zygmunt (Curse you TBK! *Shakes fist*)
2x Maurice (I can't even express my disappointment at him in words.)
1x Robby, Killie, Slay and Roy
1x Raheem (Only NEW 3*)
3x Rowanda (I hope she's good, I've always liked her art!)

AND...

1x Symphonia (Her abilities seem good at least)

Not really a good return for 23 pulls I feel. Oh well.

Well I just did 23 rolls, drum roll...

4x Rhynel (Woot max limit break!!11!!1)
4x Johan (Three coming consecutively after each other...)
3x Audette and 1x Zygmunt (Curse you TBK! *Shakes fist*)
2x Maurice (I can't even express my disappointment at him in words.)
1x Robby, Killie, Slay and Roy
1x Raheem (Only NEW 3*)
3x Rowanda (I hope she's good, I've always liked her art!)

AND...

1x Symphonia (Her abilities seem good at least)

Not really a good return for 23 pulls I feel. Oh well.

Ouch. I think after the second Johan (or Audette and Zygmunt) I would have stopped and waited for the RNG to reset or whatever it does. At least you got Symphonia.

Enron

Banned
Congrats, managed to get Wayne myself, so now closer to my knight team. Want Aries for his mana ability though.

i ended up with two copies of aries when he first became available in that one event, got them back-to-back. incredible luck, that.

Kettch

Early, subject to change, recruitment info for the demon raid:

Selena
Hannyah
Mei
Rino
Freya
Robyn
Wayne

With x2 for URs and x4 for Selena. In case it helps anyone decide whether to pull now or later.

bonkeng

Early, subject to change, recruitment info for the demon raid:

Selena
Hannyah
Mei
Rino
Freya
Robyn
Wayne

With x2 for URs and x4 for Selena. In case it helps anyone decide whether to pull now or later.

Global Exclusives.

Why is Wayne in there lol.

I hope the Demon is good. I'm not planning to pull in this event.

Aki-at

Ouch. I think after the second Johan (or Audette and Zygmunt) I would have stopped and waited for the RNG to reset or whatever it does. At least you got Symphonia.

Yeah, the thing was after 3 3* I got Rowanda, then 4 more fillers and I got Symphonia and then Rowanda's were sprinkled around. Just when I was about to leave, they pulled me back in ;_;

When the tavern woman appeared I was so ready for it to be Julianna too...

Hmm. Did two pulls for the heck of it. First was 3* Franz. Second was 5* symphonia :eek:

Whoa.

Congrats! Your lucky is improving, that's your second 5* from recruiting no?

Kettch

Looks like the raid weapon is probably a spear. Hope people didn't put anything good on Selene yet. :p

EDIT: Abilities are known now. Selena is basically Lindsey. Differences are lower stats until LB2 and no movement speed increase, but 10% chance to freeze on normal attacks.

Elza looks really good. She has Coro's special...except that it poisons and slows as well. Attack and defense up 50% when HP is under 1/4, not so great, but at least it's a high amount. 9% HP drain too, which could be quite significant with that special.

Stider

Looks like the raid weapon is probably a spear. Hope people didn't put anything good on Selene yet. :p

SItting on all my 4/5 weapons except for healers till we get v2(hopefully). Depending on the number of crystal spears I get and the damage boost they give, I might run a mostly knight party with Wayne, Dannady and Deed/ Fee Gleah.

desverger

EDIT: Abilities are known now. Selena is basically Lindsey. Differences are lower stats until LB2 and no movement speed increase, but 10% chance to freeze on normal attacks.

Elza looks really good. She has Coro's special...except that it poisons and slows as well. Attack and defense up 50% when HP is under 1/4, not so great, but at least it's a high amount. 9% HP drain too, which could be quite significant with that special.

It's also unclear if Selena has some inherent boost in this raid, or does she come with a raid weapon from the gacha.

Elza is like Coro's little sister. Not better for sure, but if you started post-Coro, now's your chance to get a melee aoe character. Too bad she's a knight, though.

It's also unclear if Selena has some inherent boost in this raid, or does she come with a raid weapon from the gacha.

Elza is like Coro's little sister. Not better for sure, but if you started post-Coro, now's your chance to get a melee aoe character. Too bad she's a knight, though.

I kinda like it though, now I have another unit for my knight team that I'll never use.

She's better than Zaren right?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
bonkeng: According to the Wiki, they're both Blade Users.

latest

I rather like her art. Maybe this will be the first Demon Raid where they actually give me a few Extra of the character? I've got so many good Knights (working on Aries, 75 Deed, 80 Mirielle, 50 Ihelmina), But the Coro / Selene Duo is just so strong, I barely get to use them now. Which is a shame, as Mustpha and Deed were strong contenders as MVPs in many a battle.

Get about lvl 100 each demon raid, and still never have gotten a bonus Demon Drop... I normally have more luck with the weapons.

garath

Argh. Are they serious with the raid weapons? I really don't want to give up the furnace blade I have on Selene. :(

Selena doesn't look to great to me. I think I'll blow the rest of my tickets on trying for Juliana instead.

Congrats! Your lucky is improving, that's your second 5* from recruiting no?

Lol. It was only because you got her first. Our luck is tied together haha

bonkeng

bonkeng: According to the Wiki, they're both Blade Users.

latest

I rather like her art. Maybe this will be the first Demon Raid where they actually give me a few Extra of the character? I've got so many good Knights (working on Aries, 75 Deed, 80 Mirielle, 50 Ihelmina), But the Coro / Selene Duo is just so strong, I barely get to use them now. Which is a shame, as Mustpha and Deed were strong contenders as MVPs in many a battle.

Get about lvl 100 each demon raid, and still never have gotten a bonus Demon Drop... I normally have more luck with the weapons.

Thanks.

I was searching the CC wikia earlier this week, didn't see any info yet.

I also never got any extra demon arcana yet. I hope i can atleast get her to lb2.

Avalt

Does Icy Regeneration on the Lexida stack with Lindsey's Regeneration? Or is it better to just equip her with the Claymore which has 18 ATK?

chrono01

I still have the event weapon on my Selene, so I can easily replace it with the event weapon for Elza. She looks nice, but I know I'll get my guaranteed two copies of her and that's it. I've never received a demon as a drop, and only one from the demon gatcha. My luck with this game is abysmal.

I did manage to get Coro to LB3, but that was due to the two guaranteed [from the event], one from the demon gatcha, and one from Gumi thanks to the gold chest errors.

Kettch

Man, all this time playing and I had no idea you could tap Pirika to get her boss mana early. All those demon raid fights where I could have gotten off an extra special...

desverger

Man, all this time playing and I had no idea you could tap Pirika to get her boss mana early. All those demon raid fights where I could have gotten off an extra special...

Oh wow. I've played this stupid game for 7 months and never realized that, lol.

Thanks for letting me in on that!

Gizuko

Isn't that about Pirika in the tutorial, though? I dont remember how I came to know it.

mannnn, so unlucky with this demon raid in JPCC

level 140 and no gold chests or demon coin get of the demon :|

Keep at it! At worst you'll get LB3 at around 155-160 via DC, and we have a couple days left!

Thinking back, this DR is oddly long, has had 3 different sets of free quests and rebalanced rewards. They are testing a lot of things this time around.

Isn't that about Pirika in the tutorial, though? I dont remember how I came to know it.

I imagine most people forgot about the tutorial after enough rerolling X)

Keep at it! At worst you'll get LB3 at around 155-160 via DC, and we have a couple days left!

Thinking back, this DR is oddly long, has had 3 different sets of free quests and rebalanced rewards. They are testing a lot of things this time around.

Yeah, I just got LB3 from the demon coins which was nice. Of course I was like 100 pulls away from the 2nd guarantee copy so kinda annoyed by that ~_~

I just assumed its so long cause it runs into the obon festival and they just didn't want to time around it and instead just let it run longer

Top Bottom