• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Yep I do think I've been getting unnaturally lucky at this, no way Gumi intended for someone to get 9 blue chests in a row. I've been finding it 1 in 3 chance for me, but now I've been getting a few runs without any chest rate drops.

Does anyone know what happens if you level up a character to max before you clear their first quest when they have few more remaining, do the others automatically unlock or not?

auto unlock after you clear the first quest

Vylash

did some pulls across various taverns to great success

Jb7DtC2.jpg

i5ZqrKF.png

NjPuAL9.jpg

0EWmvtO.jpg

got some gold ticket, dunno what it's for

it's a SP ticket

guarantees you at least a SR at a specific tavern

the one released last night was for vice capital and I imagine they'll be giving one out for each of them in the upcoming days

no expiration date so you can save it for a better pool of pick-ups

So I was bored at lunch today and running out of things to do I started up Global CC again.

Surprisingly, they gave me three tickets for returning back to the game after 30 days so I did some pulls:

lol thanks

So I was bored at lunch today and running out of things to do I started up Global CC again.

Surprisingly, they gave me three tickets for returning back to the game after 30 days so I did some pulls:

lol thanks

Dakkumauji is reeling them in recently, share some of that luck with us will ya ;p

chrono01

lol thanks
Meanwhile I've been playing since launch and I still only have one 5* I received from the Tavern [and that was the starting pull I re-rolled for]. :/ It sounds like I need to take a break for 30 days and come back!

Congrats, though. That's some great luck.

BJK

Meanwhile I've been playing since launch and I still only have one 5* I received from the Tavern [and that was the starting pull I re-rolled for]. :/ It sounds like I need to take a break for 30 days and come back!

Congrats, though. That's some great luck.

Please tell me you have a stockpile of tickets / prysma.

I started sometime in February, and going completely F2P, I've managed to stumble into Juliana, Filiana, Lephret, & Lolleta.

I do tend to pull in bunches, but only when chain story characters I'm targeting come available (Lilith & Musica top my most wanted list right now). That makes it really annoying when Gumi forgets to post the upcoming week's festival in their announcements (like this week).

Also, for everyone interested in farming the life out of today's quests, don't forget maintenance kicks in 5 hours from now!

chrono01

I started sometime in February, and going completely F2P, I've managed to stumble into Juliana, Filiana, Lephret, & Lolleta.

I do tend to pull in bunches, but only when chain story characters I'm targeting come available (Lilith & Musica top my most wanted list right now). That makes it really annoying when Gumi forgets to post the upcoming week's festival in their announcements (like this week).

Also, for everyone interested in farming the life out of today's quests, don't forget maintenance kicks in 5 hours from now!
That would be a no. Around four Premium Tickets and 500 Prysma that I've saving for when Juliana returns.

I spent 22 Premium Tickets last raid for Brewery during the "3x chance". I didn't receive her nor any other 5* character. :/

Oreoleo

Consider yourself lucky. I've been playing since February and have never pulled a single 5* from a tavern.

garath

I've pulled a single 5* since I started (when Lindsey was first introduced to the ring store) and I've used all the free tickets and prysma to date. :(

I think you are just a bit more lucky than most :)

Quixzlizx

I've been saving the Monarch's Scepter for Frau, but I'm starting to think that maybe it's a waste on a character without a damage-dealing special, even if she will have the best base damage out of my mages. Do you think I'd be better off putting it on Velnar? I'm also planning on using him in my Colosseum defense party, if that tips the scales.

Also, for any v2 players, does Yawood's special have any utility for any of the wackier v2 quests? I'm thinking of chucking him for rings if his special is just weird rather than useful.

bonkeng

Consider yourself lucky. I've been playing since February and have never pulled a single 5* from a tavern.

Wow. I hope you'll get your lucky streak soon.

I think I can consider myself lucky with this game. I started after Armilus DR.

Nimpha = rerolled
Lephret = 6 pulls during Ael Gloon DR (Fee Glea event)
Aludra = Honor Recruit
Mei = Chest event
Brewery = 2 pulls from Sapras DR
Freya = 20 pulls

I still have about 1k Prysma to try my luck on 3-5x increase rate event. I hope I will be lucky enough to get Musica or Juliana if ever they have an increased rate.

Anko

Are you me? Since Jan here. I think I tried rerolling way over 50 times before I gave up. The game just doesn't want to give me a 5*.

Getting so close to having both Lindsey and Selene at level 80. Which leader would you guys prefer?

Selene is better, Lindsey only has her one mana skill going for her to be honest. Everyone is using Selene already though so you might pick someone else. At least our friend lists will have some variation then.

Krorg

it's a SP ticket

the one released last night was for vice capital and I imagine they'll be giving one out for each of them in the upcoming days

The event for the SP ticket at the next tavern is up now

Vecks

it's a SP ticket

Wow. This is great. They really are giving out an SP ticket for each tavern.

Gizuko

My tower event team is SO bad... Looking back, the last SSR I got is Fatima, guess the SR warrior will have to do.

It made me realize just how bad all my warrior kizunas are as well, I need to level up Sulstan and Shidou, pronto D:

My tower event team is SO bad... Looking back, the last SSR I got is Fatima, guess the SR warrior will have to do.

It made me realize just how bad all my warrior kizunas are as well, I need to level up Sulstan and Shidou, pronto D:

I have nothing but warriors to kizuna with lol

the SSR cleric reward doesn't look too bad, though 3 mana skill is kinda of terrible

but she would probably be my first SSR cleric :x

elty

Is LB0 Paloma a good purchase? I am not that interested in the exp boost, but more like as an archer since I only have a LB1 Amy.

Gizuko

I have nothing but warriors to kizuna with lol

the SSR cleric reward doesn't look too bad, though 3 mana skill is kinda of terrible

but she would probably be my first SSR cleric :x

It's the first free cleric ever, but they still had to mess her up somehow. It is specially disappointing after the SSR loli cleric they came up with for the latest continent.

Also, it seems my "1st Chain" indicator isn't popping up since the latest update, only second onwards (the cain proceeds normally, though). Anyone else having the same problem? (jpCC)

Is LB0 Paloma a good purchase? I am not that interested in the exp boost, but more like as an archer since I only have a LB1 Amy.

Solo is a good ring archer if you need one, will come up later (after Scherezade and Frau). Paloma is unremarkable except for having the highest %exp increase in the game in v1 (maybe Minimo v2 has higher right now, IDK), albeit good if you need a slow in a debuff team (still, there are better options out there).

Still, it depends on the amount of rings you have, as Kenji said. I'd grab one copy at most, if you want the exp boost and an archer for the bow raid.

It's the first free cleric ever, but they still had to mess her up somehow. It is specially disappointing after the SSR loli cleric they came up with for the latest continent.

Also, it seems my "1st Chain" indicator isn't popping up since the latest update, only second onwards (the cain proceeds normally, though). Anyone else having the same problem? (jpCC)

She probably still could be useful with the right kizuna but definitely no Trelancia lol

oh, is that an actual glitch? I just kept thinking Sega really shorten the time between skills in the last update.

Vecks

I thought I had sworn off the FR gacha forever, but then they go ahead and add SRs to the mix. Now that I feel like the chances of finding something is much better, I think I'll just dump all my rings on this again.

Gizuko

She probably still could be useful with the right kizuna but definitely no Trelancia lol

oh, is that an actual glitch? I just kept thinking Sega really shorten the time between skills in the last update.

It seems it still shows if you chain the second skill with very little delay, but it keeps the chain count even if the first indicator doesn't appear (if you wait a bit). So now I don't know wether it's a glitch that allows you to chain past the expected timeframe or that keeps the message from appearing when it should. Madness lol

I thought I had sworn off the FR gacha forever, but then they go ahead and add SRs to the mix. Now that I feel like the chances of finding something is much better, I think I'll just dump all my rings on this again.

It has had the opposite effect for me, those two are.. well, hard to use. When together on the battlefield they increase their stats by 30%atk and 15% def but, their skills ruin them.
The red one (knight) freezes all foes AND allies. The blue one resists freeze and has increased damage vs frozen foes, but has a x15+knockback for 3 mana.

They could be brutal in three man missions, together with the anti-freeze cleric, but...

BJK

So I rolled the Honor Gacha for the first time and got a Toka.
...is Toka even good or should I sell for rings?

Do NOT sell her; there are very few warriors with a full-party heal between waves...and she's one of them. Makes her useful for demon raids (where you eschew a cleric) or gauntlet (where your characters don't heal between rounds).

It's also a bad idea generally to sell 4* or 5* arcana, since they're tough enough to come by. (I do an honor pull every 2-3 days, and I still haven't received anything other than a 3* from it.)

Rixa

Do NOT sell her.
It's also a bad idea generally to sell 4* or 5* arcana, since they're tough enough to come by.

Toka = One of the best 4* units there is. Helped me to get thru story and has helped me alot in raids and in various situations.

Buy more slots, dont sell 4/5* for rings. 10 rings is easy to get by other means.

Avalt

I got 4 copies of her from the honor gatcha and 1 copy from an event gatcha (forgot which)
At MLB her stats are comparable to a 5* arcana of the same level.

She is one of my top performing arcana, especially if she is teamed with a Selene or two for double or triple heals per wave.
Definitely a keeper :p

(btw arcana limit sale is sweet @ 5 prysma for 5 slots)

Can you actually do something with just 5 prysma? I mean, aside from this sale 55 prysma is worth as much as 50 prysma right?

Toka fills a niche but she's not that good, healing is kinda bad in Demon Raid as you want to kill off your units as fast as possible when you're at the boss so she'll only be helpful in waves where you can't even reach the end.

Keep her though, it's not like inventory slots are that expensive, just let her gain dust in your box. You could always sell her when you really need the rings.

She also has the best artwork

Aki-at

Chain Chronicle continues to be Sega's biggest cash cow on mobile. They're expecting massive growth in Europe/America for mobile, hopefully means Chaos Dragon and Hortensia Saga gets localised by them over here.

Chain Chronicle continues to be Sega's biggest cash cow on mobile. They're expecting massive growth in Europe/America for mobile, hopefully means Chaos Dragon and Hortensia Saga gets localised by them over here.

That's pretty interesting, at least for CC. I'm assuming that the success of Chain Chronicle is mostly due to the Japanese version, when I look at the google play store it's pretty low in the "most selling" category compared to other apps, I think everyone here has also noticed at one point that the global playerbase isn't that big, look at the Selene event.

Slightly unrelated, but I have the feeling that the BF collab has brought in a lot of newer players.

Anyone know some event that happened at the 7th of June? Did the BF collab start then? Maybe it was announced then?

Vylash

Oh it's JP only, I guess I'll just wait until it comes over to the west, so what's good about it? Any first impressions? Is it P2W?

well here's how it works

See those tiles at the top right? you're in a constant war to secure those bonuses to make battles easier, you tap a card and it takes up one of the slots at the top right, your opponents are also constantly doing the same thing, it's all in real time so if you're not paying attention the enemy will scoop up all of the bonuses and you're in for a really tough time, getting your soldiers in those slots back to back gets you a combo though i haven't been able to tell what the advantages of that are

If you look closely at my cards to the right you can see how the tiles are lit up, that tells you where your attacks will hit, so that SSR at the bottom (which sadly isn't mine ;___;) can attack in a straight line while my SR can attack the front 3 squares

there are skills as well and your skill gauge fills up over time allowing you to perform various skills like damage or healing

gatcha rates are as follows: SSR = 3 percent, upped to 7 percent if doing a 10 pull, SR = 13 percent, upped to 93 percent if doing a 10 pull, R = 84 percent, decreased to 0 percent if doing a 10 pull

i haven't been able to tell if it's P2W yet since i don't have a grasp on everything but from what i can tell it's fair like Chain Chronicle

Thanks, that looks pretty interesting, just one more thing, how much time does it take to complete a stage. For me, a major turnoff of some gacha Rpgs is the huge time-investment, a game like that stupid Heavenstrike rivals from a while back comes to mind.

Vylash

Thanks, that looks pretty interesting, just one more thing, how much time does it take to complete a stage. For me, a major turnoff of some gacha Rpgs is the huge time-investment, a game like that stupid Heavenstrike rivals from a while back comes to mind.
not too long honestly, plus there's autobattle though I haven't tried that out yet

Azusa

finally got around to Hortensia Saga, it's pretty fun, highly recommended

I have tried this game at release. Dropped on day one.

I didn't like the UI and there were many bugs. I don't know how the game is today, but I just cant return to try it again. I hope someone will publish it on the west.

bonkeng

well here's how it works

See those tiles at the top right? you're in a constant war to secure those bonuses to make battles easier, you tap a card and it takes up one of the slots at the top right, your opponents are also constantly doing the same thing, it's all in real time so if you're not paying attention the enemy will scoop up all of the bonuses and you're in for a really tough time, getting your soldiers in those slots back to back gets you a combo though i haven't been able to tell what the advantages of that are

If you look closely at my cards to the right you can see how the tiles are lit up, that tells you where your attacks will hit, so that SSR at the bottom (which sadly isn't mine ;___;) can attack in a straight line while my SR can attack the front 3 squares

there are skills as well and your skill gauge fills up over time allowing you to perform various skills like damage or healing

gatcha rates are as follows: SSR = 3 percent, upped to 7 percent if doing a 10 pull, SR = 13 percent, upped to 93 percent if doing a 10 pull, R = 84 percent, decreased to 0 percent if doing a 10 pull

i haven't been able to tell if it's P2W yet since i don't have a grasp on everything but from what i can tell it's fair like Chain Chronicle

10 pulls guarantees atleast 10 sr? That's very generous.

Gizuko

That's pretty interesting, at least for CC. I'm assuming that the success of Chain Chronicle is mostly due to the Japanese version, when I look at the google play store it's pretty low in the "most selling" category compared to other apps, I think everyone here has also noticed at one point that the global playerbase isn't that big, look at the Selene event.

Slightly unrelated, but I have the feeling that the BF collab has brought in a lot of newer players.

Anyone know some event that happened at the 7th of June? Did the BF collab start then? Maybe it was announced then?

Probably announced. This month has been pretty big, with a new CS character, 4 v2 remakes, new version, etc, I think towards the 7th was the start of the event that featured Aludra and co's v2.

Still, it seems completing the last tower event quest in jpCC gives you a code for an Op necklace in BF, and completing the event in BF nets you a code for a SR event soldier in jpCC, so that might be the reason for the new players as well.

Top Bottom