• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Avalt

I put the Crystal Spear on my LB2 Dannady as I refuse to replace my Selene's Royal Lance. I also put him as lead, in case anyone is running a Knight team :p (probably not many in this raid thou)

Miff

I'm almost at the stage in CC where I don't know what to do or what char to level anymore :-(

That 50/50 gamble as to whether or not your 11K ATK Selene friend has a Crystal Spear or a Furnace blade when you try to do the demon.

I was thinking of putting some sort of suffix against my name, but the six character limit makes it difficult and not sure if everyone would understand.

garath

You guys can check what your friend has before you select them on that very screen. Just click on the Selene portrait and double check the weapon :)

You guys can check what your friend has before you select them on that very screen. Just click on the Selene portrait and double check the weapon :)

Oh lol, I forgot about that. Oops.

I wouldn't really say that people should remove their Furnace Blades though, the only advantage of having two Selenes is that you can combo it but that's only 10K more damage then just using the skill twice with one unit.

desverger

The golden rule of not equipping gold weapons in v1 still pays off :p

My Selene should be my lead, feel free to use her. She has a fully upgraded Crystal Spear.

Btw, has anyone gotten Elza from the DC gacha?

Oh lol, I forgot about that. Oops.

I wouldn't really say that people should remove their Furnace Blades though, the only advantage of having two Selenes is that you can combo it but that's only 10K more damage then just using the skill twice with one unit.
The event weapon also affect normal attacks. 4K+ per normal attack is very useful.

The event weapon also affect normal attacks. 4K+ per normal attack is very useful.

That's a fair point actually, I'll fiddle around with it later on but to be honest, I doubt it will matter that much.

The extra time that you'll gain doesn't really matter since you deal the main chunk of damage in the first 7~ seconds of the boss fight anyway, it will only really matter later on the raid where you can't even reach the boss and you need the extra damage to brush through the fodder.

Anyhow, there's no real reason to equip the crystal spear right now in the raid, it would be best to wait until the end and see if you want to gamble the loss of a (not that great) furnace blade for a few extra shots at the Demon Coin gacha.

h0tp0ck3t

Hey guys! Long time lurker that just finally got a membership! If anyone is looking for another raid weapon Selene hit me up. In game name is h0tGAF
(Used to be Mike for the people who had me before)

CMrAvTjUcAALtpE.jpg
CMrAvh9UkAAIJYi.jpg

Taiko!
Taiko!
Taiko!

Fun short event. The battle music is really really nice, the repeatable event quest is a good source of gold. Just wish it was a bit more haha

New event started, Total War!
Large battlefields and you use 7 characters at once.
Rewards include gatcha coins which can be redeemed for pulls at any tavern and copies of Katarith (the first demon) who also gains a buff

Hey guys! Long time lurker that just finally got a membership! If anyone is looking for another raid weapon Selene hit me up. In game name is h0tGAF
(Used to be Mike for the people who had me before)

Hey! Welcome, might be handy to drop down your friend code ;p

Rewards include gatcha coins which can be redeemed for pulls at any tavern and copies of Katarith (the first demon) who also gains a buff

Wow, Demons are back, that's actually pretty good, especially since they're buffed.

Vecks

So Katarith is worth getting now?

So Katarith is worth getting now?

well she's a random drop in the total war battles so it'll be cool if you get her lol

-----------------------------------------------------------

ok, tried out the event, think I got a handle on how it works

you are basically given a ap total that you must do quests in to meet that total, so for example, the first one is 10 ap so you must do quests that equal or more than 10

afterwards, you get to start a total war battle, which are the large scale battlefield battles

you get a choice of what level and what type of enhancer you want to aim for, like level 19 knights or up to level 80 knights
higher the level, the harder the difficulty, but the more likely to get red chests

you can get more than 4 chests per battle, I did a level 19 knights and got 8 treasure chests at the end

the crazy thing is that the ap requirement literally ramps up after you clear the first one, now I need to use 60 AP! to get the next total war battle
I heard the next one is 90 AP and then 100 rings cause Sega hates you

the ap requirements reset each day

I would say this seems pretty fun, a little too much on the whale side though since most people will probably only be able to do two battles a day
A good source of enhancers and gatcha coins too

I've decided to move on from this game.

If anybody with a terrible account would like an average account just reply to me.

Level 70+
100 pryma crystals
80 Lindsey, Frau
75/75 Selene
70 colo
60 Phoena, bokuden, boobery, mei
A lot of enchancers and gold weapons
A few tickets in my mailbox

elty

lv60, no demon in sight. Not even a single 3* from demon coin too.

Very annoying people still put a Selene up without the weapon.

Stider

Up to level 86 now, no extra Elza and only 1 extra crystal spear. I like these events, but I really wish they would add more guaranteed copies of the demon.

Also, would people rather Selene with crystal spear or Selena as leader?

Now on level 68. I can see this being tougher than recent raids. The last raid was a cakewalk with Brewery (when I got my second copy after stupidly equipping away her raid weapon). I tempted fate on the gacha last night and came away with Febrya, Rowendia, 3 Popras and a bunch of rings. I already have a LB2 Popra that I never use because Melvina is awesome. Should I sell the extras for rings or is it worth it to max her?

Aki-at

Just cleared two inactive users, if anyone is looking for a Selene with the demon raid weapon, ID's 164568728

I don't really think I'll be playing til V2 though, but I like the team I left behind so I should not really face too much of a setback haha.

Yeah, think I've fairly happy with what I have too which is probably what's causing some slight boredom on my part. Here's hoping V2 hits before the end of the year.

I looked up her voice in the OVA and she sounds rather tomboyish so I'm not so sure anymore! Anyhow, I'll keep it in my headcanon that's she's female. It would make that Phoena skirt scene less awkward.

The OVA is only 45 minutes long btw, half of the arcs are pretty good, Nimpha, Toka and the last one stand out. The vanity of them being Chain Chronicle characters also helps, the middle part of the OVA is really boring though.

I think she acts like a perv in a lot more sidestories haha. I'm keeping her as a girl in my mind until Sega officially confirms it with a fully detailed diagram.

Finished watching the OVA and it was an enjoyable viewing but it did get boring. I swear Toka is crazier and more emotionally imbalanced in the anime than the game. Will give the anime a chance when it airs, hoping it has a comedic side to it.

(One thing that really bothered me is how Alundra looks like she's in her early 20s rather than her 30s in the game art. Dammit why you got to make her look so much younger?!)

Oh right that would help

Added you, name's Aki-at

Kettch

Hm, I tried out a Musica friend, but she only seemed to be a very slight improvement over a second Selene. With Selene #2 I finished level 71 with 27 seconds left, with Musica I finished 72 with 28 seconds left. I wasn't able to use the 8th mana orb though, since it was purple, tough to get it perfect.

Gizuko

well she's a random drop in the total war battles so it'll be cool if you get her lol

-----------------------------------------------------------

ok, tried out the event, think I got a handle on how it works

you are basically given a ap total that you must do quests in to meet that total, so for example, the first one is 10 ap so you must do quests that equal or more than 10

afterwards, you get to start a total war battle, which are the large scale battlefield battles

you get a choice of what level and what type of enhancer you want to aim for, like level 19 knights or up to level 80 knights
higher the level, the harder the difficulty, but the more likely to get red chests

you can get more than 4 chests per battle, I did a level 19 knights and got 8 treasure chests at the end

the crazy thing is that the ap requirement literally ramps up after you clear the first one, now I need to use 60 AP! to get the next total war battle
I heard the next one is 90 AP and then 100 rings cause Sega hates you

the ap requirements reset each day

I would say this seems pretty fun, a little too much on the whale side though since most people will probably only be able to do two battles a day
A good source of enhancers and gatcha coins too

Adding to this:
You CAN fail a mission and retry it right away, you won't lose the chance, AP or anything (it's great since those lvl80 are hard as hell, I'm getting stomped in the very first wave) - unless they decide to patch it soon, that is.

So far, the lvl ~60 quests are doable and usually drop 2x 4* and 1x 5* class enhancer among tokens and such. The higher the level the higher the chance to get Katarith, as well.

Also, do any of you know why some characters' portrait flashes? In the quest select screen most of my "princess" friends are flashing. Same for Kaguya and Rowendia.

Gizuko

!
That would make sense, I did equip Klasuya with one, and event characters with non-event weapons aren't flashing. Thank you for the insight!

Adding to this:
You CAN fail a mission and retry it right away, you won't lose the chance, AP or anything (it's great since those lvl80 are hard as hell, I'm getting stomped in the very first wave) - unless they decide to patch it soon, that is.

So far, the lvl ~60 quests are doable and usually drop 2x 4* and 1x 5* class enhancer among tokens and such. The higher the level the higher the chance to get Katarith, as well.

Also, do any of you know why some characters' portrait flashes? In the quest select screen most of my "princess" friends are flashing. Same for Kaguya and Rowendia.

Is the retry the same as subjugation events where you keep your progress or you restart the whole battle over again?

It also sounds like you can only get one copy of Katarith by the end, either by drops or Sega just gives you a copy if you were unlucky the whole time lol

Gizuko

Is the retry the same as subjugation events where you keep your progress or you restart the whole battle over again?

It also sounds like you can only get one copy of Katarith by the end, either by drops or Sega just gives you a copy if you were unlucky the whole time lol

I meant restarting, as in, going back to the lobby and selecting it again, should have elaborated a bit more :p
Revives work as usual though.

I have seen screens of Katarith dropping, but it also seems Sega will give a single copy to those who clear at least one TW stage every day until the end of the event.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.

No, the drop rate is horrendous, I am even getting less 3* drops than normal.

At least my OP Selene Friends with the crystal spear is making this raid much easier than it should be. I am up to 60 with no issues so far. Thanks Selene-GAF, you are too awesome ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Barring any stupid HP increase, this will be the furthest I go in a demon raid.

garath

Im only up to 20 but I haven't seen a single 3* at all. That's pretty rare for a demon raid. Drop rates anecdotally seem to be much poorer for this one.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Im only up to 20 but I haven't seen a single 3* at all. That's pretty rare for a demon raid. Drop rates anecdotally seem to be much poorer for this one.

Yeah, this seems to be "Selene-Adjusted" but instead of increasing the HP insane levels (seems to be similar for the last demon raid that used Selene) they seem to have adjusted the DC drop rate of 5* Elza and 3* drops.

I would like to get even get even an LB2, but the horrendous drop rate provably ensures that she is LB1 at most :/

^ Do I have you as friend? I'm KenGAF

Nice avatar btw, you live up to your name.

My silver droprate is fine, maybe better than avarage.

Kettch

Yeah, I'm seeing plenty of 3* drops. No extra demons though. Kinda sad, since I used up all the demon coins I'd saved from previous raids.

Finally had to use 2 souls on level 96, got screwed with only 7 mana for the boss though so it doesn't really count.

Best strategy I have is to start off moving Frau to the opposite side of the boss, then use Lindsey's special, then Frau's Special, and then both Selene specials. I think I might have enough time to get 2 pirika mana though, so maybe I'm better off cutting out Lindsey's and doing another Selene special right at the end. Though if I do that, then I can't recast Frau's special...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Elza's sprite seems to be missing something rather important

She's got the lack of a mouth just like the Brave Frontier Artwork in it's own game.
Unit_ills_full_60523.png

It's awkward, but it's a cool detail.

YUP! Got one from the Coin pull, currently in the 60s on the raid. Possibly first time ever getting a bonus (I don't remember if I got Katarith pull or not... don't THINK so?), so I'm quite happy with that. HOPE TO GET MORE!

I did over 10 coin pull and I don't get a single 3*, is it just me.?

The 3 stars CAN be plentiful in this raid. I've gotten quite a few from Chest drops, and my brother even got 3 3 stars in a single 10 pull yesterday. I think certain raids just like certain accounts... in this raid, I've gotten about 4 Nelva, 2 from chest drops. And I haven't gotten her card much since starting the game back near release....

Lockon

I got 22 friend slots open. I could use a bunch more people!

ID: 166 596 604
Name: Lockon

Add me! Also post your name if you are trying to add me. Thanks!

--------

ot: Anyone playing Fate/Grand Order or Xuccess Heaven? (this just came out yesterday, play like Brave Frontier.

Aki-at

If anyone wants a 1AP quest that is autoble, use the Dark Fog quest in dawning, so long as you have a mostly level 80 soldier team the battle is a breeze.

Allows you to save up APs instead of wasting them all on the 4AP quest and being able to active other quests through out the day.

I sent both of you requests; I need some help with the raid. My game name is Shala.

Added! :)

I got 22 friend slots open. I could use a bunch more people!

ID: 166 596 604
Name: Lockon

Add me! Also post your name if you are trying to add me. Thanks!

--------

ot: Anyone playing Fate/Grand Order or Xuccess Heaven? (this just came out yesterday, play like Brave Frontier.

Just sent you a friend request, same name as I use here.

Top Bottom