• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Lockon

You can't use stamina fruits to restore orbs anymore right? I tried but it asked me to use prysma instead. Never used stamina fruits to restore orbs before lol.

Aki-at

Congrats man! I got Elza on a DC pull Thursday night and got the red chest drop last night (was holding my breath that it wasn't the weapon) at level 133. Now just need 1 more to LB.

Thanks! I've got about 70k demon coins ready for a mad rush of pulls tomorrow night. Not sure if I should splurge all my coins in my mailbox going for Elza, I could do with a high leveled Knight :p

At least get the sufferer right qq

Ah I definitely knew it was a person with ix their name, forgive me, it's Gareth's fault I even managed to get Elza anyway!1!!1

sasuke_91

I got Elza twice now. One through Demon Coins, and one by completing raid Lvl 50. I don't know if I should keep her though. Is it really worth keeping a Demon that you won't be able to Limit Break more than once? I kept Coropatillon and she's in my team, but I already got her to Lvl 60.
I feel like I've been playing this game the wrong way the whole time. I should read tips and guides in the future :p

BJK

I got Elza twice now. One through Demon Coins, and one by completing raid Lvl 50. I don't know if I should keep her though. Is it really worth keeping a Demon that you won't be able to Limit Break more than once? I kept Coropatillon and she's in my team, but I already got her to Lvl 60.
I feel like I've been playing this game the wrong way the whole time. I should read tips and guides in the future :p

I say keep trying for LB2 until the event ends; if you've got helpful friends, it's not entirely impossible you could be carried to Lv 80 on the last day (depends on how far past 50 you've progressed). An LB1 demon is roughly comparable to an LB0 Tavern UR, so it's not a bad place to start rebuilding.

As to whether you should read some guides and reroll: what other UR do you have (aside from LB0 Coro and LB1 Elza)? How many Prysma / Premium tickets / Fortune rings do you have?

Regardless of whether you reroll, focus on grinding the daily quests and recruiting ring characters (once you can MLB them). Read some guides online to find out which ring characters to target. Their stats aren't quite on par with MLB demons or tavern URs....but it takes crazy luck to get either for a F2P player. (I'm through wave 140 on the raid, and only have LB2 Elza.)

Azusa

You can buy Vigor Fruits with rings from ring exhange. 10 rings = 2 vigor fruits.

Wow. I didn't know that vigour fruits are so cheap. I'm at lvl 93 I think and I'd like to beat lvl 100 and end this raid. There is no point to grind more.

I have LB2 Elza :p

sasuke_91

I say keep trying for LB2 until the event ends; if you've got helpful friends, it's not entirely impossible you could be carried to Lv 80 on the last day (depends on how far past 50 you've progressed). An LB1 demon is roughly comparable to an LB0 Tavern UR, so it's not a bad place to start rebuilding.

As to whether you should read some guides and reroll: what other UR do you have (aside from LB0 Coro and LB1 Elza)? How many Prysma / Premium tickets / Fortune rings do you have?

Regardless of whether you reroll, focus on grinding the daily quests and recruiting ring characters (once you can MLB them). Read some guides online to find out which ring characters to target. Their stats aren't quite on par with MLB demons or tavern URs....but it takes crazy luck to get either for a F2P player. (I'm through wave 140 on the raid, and only have LB2 Elza.)

First of all, thank you for your post.
I'll definitely try to come as far as possible. Even if I don't make it to Lvl 80, there's still a chance I get her through Coins (never got a demon in the chest). There's also a good weapon at Lvl 60 I want to get (I'm currently at Lvl 54).

The problem with Prysma is... I always used them as soon as I got 50 and never saved them for 10+1 recruits or anything. Same with Premium Tickets and Rings (and Honor Coins). I currently have 71 rings and want to wait until I have 350 in order to immediately MLB. I'm not sure about wanting to reroll though. I wouldn't mind too much grinding my way through once again, but it's still better to keep my current progress I guess (Rank 43, Main Story 8-2).

As for UR arcana, I don't have too many. This is my team:

5* Coropatillon Lvl 60 (LB0)
4* Paboa Lvl 50 (LB0)
3* Melvina Lvl 60 (LB4)
3* Robby Lvl 50 (LB3)

Sub-Party:
5* Pheona Lvl 21 (not sure about keepin her in the party)
3* Main Hero Lvl 40

Other UR arcana I have are...

Armillus Lvl 39 (LB1)
Mireille Lvl 30 (LB1)
2x Elza (not sure about LB or selling them for 20 rings each)

That's it. I never got a UR arcana in the Tavern, but I got a few 4*. I really wanted to get Selena, but that won't be possible for a F2P player like me.

Azusa

As for UR arcana, I don't have too many.

UR means 5*, 4* is SR and 3* is just R.

Pheona is very very good sub-unit, but you need to level her first up to lvl 60. I can't tell about other arcana, but when I started I just played with any 3* soldiers I have got and gradually after many many demon raids and other events I got some 4* and one tavern 5* (lol luck). Also ring character helps a lot. There is no hard content beside raids so you can just clear all quests using 3*.

sasuke_91

UR means 5*, 4* is SR and 3* is just R.

Yeah my bad. I wanted to list my main party bofore talking about my other UR arcana. It was just bad wording^^

You're right about Pheona. If nothing works she can still come in and wreck shit with her special attack. Her stats increase incredibly slow though, which is why she's useless on lower levels and why I wanted to substitute her with someone else.

Fishious

Alright, I just hit MLB Elza. I was worried for a while, but I got lucky and got a drop on lv165. 1st and 2nd drops beyond what was guaranteed came from demon coins when I was around 100 and 150. I'm currently contemplating trying to push further just because I want to know how far I can get.

This raid has been the easiest yet for me, largely due to Selene, but it's the first time I've really felt that my work prepping my team has really paid off. Since a few of the other raids were out of order and Gumi changed them to compensate for the change in order, I always capped out at around the same point despite having a better team each time. Then they swapped to the format where raid weapons were weaker and you needed the raid character to be effective for the last one. While I had to start using 2 souls after ~115, I could still manage a 1 soul if the mana rolls lined up perfectly. The last level I was able to 1 soul was 146 (beat it with 0.10 seconds left).

For anyone curious my team is:
Main
Selene Lv 80 w crystal spear
Sana Lv 55 w crystal spear (all pulled during the raid)
Musica Lv 60
Frau Lv 80
Friend
Selene Lv 80 w crystal spear
Sub
Juliana Lv 60
Phoena Lv 65

Also a reminder for anyone who hasn't bought Frau yet, DO IT! She's most likely going to be one of the most important characters for a raid team going forward. Since she lets you basically choose the first slot of the mana roll, you can run any combination of character classes which is very important for raids.

Edit:
Yeah my bad. I wanted to list my main party bofore talking about my other UR arcana. It was just bad wording^^

You're right about Pheona. If nothing works she can still come in and wreck shit with her special attack. Her stats increase incredibly slow though, which is why she's useless on lower levels and why I wanted to substitute her with someone else.

Forgive me if you already know this, but judging by this you may not. Phoena is an important sub because at lv 60 you can complete a quest to unlock a passive ability that boosts the stats of your active team members. Until then she isn't incredibly useful so if you'd like to switch her out for someone else that's fine, but throw a few enhancers her way every now and then.

Anko

I'm torn as to whether I should empty my gift box coins for Elza. She's a rather nice Knight, and I am at LB2 right now... There should be two more raids before Agudara, assuming Gumi doesn't mix the order up or clear the giftbox coins. That would suck.

From wikia comments:
LB0 Elza: 5700 ATK, 5000 HP
LB1 Elza: 6400 ATK, 5850 HP
LB2 Elza: 7100 ATK, 6700 HP
LB3 Elza: 7800 ATK, 7550 HP
MLB Elza: 8500 ATK, 8400 HP

I see that most gaffers have her at LB2. At 7,100 attack, it puts her rather close to a MLB ring exchange char. I seem to have used up all my luck in the Sapras raid though... Spoiled by how easy it was to MLB Sapras, I'm kind of disappointed by my luck in this raid. No demon chest yet in all raids. Am at lvl 140 now.

*snip*
2x Elza (not sure about LB or selling them for 20 rings each)

That's it. I never got a UR arcana in the Tavern, but I got a few 4*. I really wanted to get Selena, but that won't be possible for a F2P player like me.

Skip Selena. She's like a slowpoke Lindsey that you won't be able to mlb, with a supposed late type growth (funnily, she seems rather normal when compared to Selene. Now that's a late type).

As for Elza, I would recommend that you keep it (see LB1/2 stats above). You need to start building up your team so that you can progress further in raids, which will then be a good source of rings. With her AOE skill, she can be a valuable member in gauntlets too, which will allow you to honor roll (rings!) and get prysma (UR chance. HA!) or fruits (more stamina for ring farming, or for the eventual stamina hungry tower events). Sell the 3* enhancers (especially forgers) for rings if you are not in need of leveling your units in a hurry. The only problem is that Elza is a Knight so you will have to build a Knight team instead of a Soldier team. It is generally better to keep to a single type (or two at most) so as to ensure that you get the mana you need, something rather crucial in the active skill dependent gauntlets. If you want to rush for Frau though... I don't know...

By the way, there is no point to keeping Phoena in the subs until you unlock her lvl 60 sub party buff skill, which will involve a very difficult quest. Her active skill is full screen AOE but it is very weak at level 60 since she is also a late growth type, with only 4000 atk at lvl 60. Without a healing active skill, she's a weak healer too (stick to Melvina).

Miff

Anyone want some extra demons over the next 4 hours? Lvl 115+
Can do one every half hour-ish.

After a string of poor luck in demon raids, I'm fortunate enough to have surplus Elza this time round. Wish you could forward cards to players on your friend list.

I'm just gonna carry on a bit for the enhancers.

sasuke_91

Forgive me if you already know this, but judging by this you may not. Phoena is an important sub because at lv 60 you can complete a quest to unlock a passive ability that boosts the stats of your active team members. Until then she isn't incredibly useful so if you'd like to switch her out for someone else that's fine, but throw a few enhancers her way every now and then.

Seriously, you can treat me like someone who doesn't know a thing about this game (because that's actually true). I didn't know that, so thanks for the information :)

Skip Selena. She's like a slowpoke Lindsey that you won't be able to mlb, with a supposed late type growth (funnily, she seems rather normal when compared to Selene. Now that's a late type).

As for Elza, I would recommend that you keep it (see LB1/2 stats above). You need to start building up your team so that you can progress further in raids, which will then be a good source of rings. With her AOE skill, she can be a valuable member in gauntlets too, which will allow you to honor roll (rings!) and get prysma (UR chance. HA!) or fruits (more stamina for ring farming, or for the eventual stamina hungry tower events). Sell the 3* enhancers (especially forgers) for rings if you are not in need of leveling your units in a hurry. The only problem is that Elza is a Knight so you will have to build a Knight team instead of a Soldier team. It is generally better to keep to a single type (or two at most) so as to ensure that you get the mana you need, something rather crucial in the active skill dependent gauntlets. If you want to rush for Frau though... I don't know...

By the way, there is no point to keeping Phoena in the subs until you unlock her lvl 60 sub party buff skill, which will involve a very difficult quest. Her active skill is full screen AOE but it is very weak at level 60 since she is also a late growth type, with only 4000 atk at lvl 60. Without a healing active skill, she's a weak healer too (stick to Melvina).

I'll keep Elza if you say so. Maybe I'll get another one before the raid ends.

I always keep Paboa in the back (she has been very helpful and only needs one mana for her special attack). Is that also a bad idea? So one type only, two if you count Melvina.
Frau won't be possible for me anyway. I'd need more than 250 rings before Sept 30...

Yeah, I'll probably use someone else than Phoena until I get her skill.

Kettch

Anyone want some extra demons over the next 4 hours? Lvl 115+
Can do one every half hour-ish.

After a string of poor luck in demon raids, I'm fortunate enough to have surplus Elza this time round. Wish you could forward cards to players on your friend list.

I'm just gonna carry on a bit for the enhancers.

Not sure if you're on my friend list, but anyone can feel free to send demons my way. Just finished level 175 and I'm still on LB2, so I'm trying to get as many done as I can. :/

Miff

Not sure if you're on my friend list, but anyone can feel free to send demons my way. Just finished level 175 and I'm still on LB2, so I'm trying to get as many done as I can. :/

I'll fire them your way for the rest of the evening (マットGAF). Don't worry about leaving them if you need to, I'll slay 'em before the timer runs out.

Edit: That's all from me tonight. Hope it helped and thanks for the extra coins.

garath

Hmm. Just finished 89. Guess if I want the ticket I need to use some vigor fruits. I'm generally two soul right now since my Selene doesn't have the spear. I use a tornado and friend Selene. Frau gives me an edge if I manage the mana well enough.

Avalt

This is looking like another raid where no extra demons dropped for me. Don't know if this is normal or just me being unlucky. I also got no motivation to reach lvl.100 as I know that the premium ticket will only get me 3 rings...

Will probably sell 1 copy of Elza and keep the other in the gift box for all eternity, just like Sapras.

I pulled one extra Elza from demon coins. I think I'm about tapped out at round 85 and I've only made it that far due to you all in my friends list.

I'm running an all warrior team (some of whom are level 2 lol) so that I can use my Selene friends' special 3 or 4 times a round. XD

Gizuko

Katarith get!
Actually, Iggdra showed herself BEFORE the fight, dunno if it's Sega's way of distributing the free Kat or just a very obvious warning.

jMxoYNE.jpg

Soooo I think I accidentally sold the Volunteers Sword, damnit! Is there any way to get that again? T_T

Also, now that I have the 3 starters to level 40 and completed their quests to get the weapons, is it safe to get rid of them or do I need to hold onto them for another reason?

Katarith get!
Actually, Iggdra showed herself BEFORE the fight, dunno if it's Sega's way of distributing the free Kat or just a very obvious warning.

oh wow congrats

still havent gotten her yet but oh well lol

---------------------------------------

/complains about not getting a Kat drop:

Got the knight buffer using 500 gatcha coins I just collected and got a copy of the last chance fortune ring character, woo!

Stider

Well, I now know why I have only managed to get 1 Elza from DC and no gold chests from 180+ floors. Decided to do some draws this morning, 12 draws later and I had drawn 6 x 4* and 2 x 5*.

garath

Whew. Last minute and stuff. On level 100. 100k hp left. 15 min to a soul. Got it. I was getting short on spear friends in the end there. Hope one more pops up. Only only elza from a DC pull. I'll take a LB2 I guess. Would have preferred elza to sapras though. Oh well.

Kettch

Think I'll go for 200. It's only gonna cost like 50 rings. Didn't realize vigor fruits were able to be bought from there, and for so little, or I would have been using them earlier.

Musica is helping out a ton now, so big thanks to Quix and Tedd for having her available. A Selene friend gets me about 600k damage now, while Musica is around 900k.

elty

At 140, giving up now since it is taking me 3 souls. Only one elza, but that's already exceed my expectation.

edit: demon raid is ending in a few hours right?

Aki-at

Tumblr_mjzf7wS8Vw1r5aicqo1_500.gif

What a day! First I help a GAF member, I think NightsDX? And I get a demon chest drop, now I'm using my 90k worth of demon coins, down to 20k and pull an Elza. Oh yeah I've also gotten STACKED on fortune rings. Not enough evil villain laughs.

Anyway, its been a brilliant event for me, thanks to everyone who helped me out with my assists, hope some of you managed to get a demon chest drop like I did! Special thanks to GG, Bonk and Nights especially! :3

This doesn't make up for wasting all my prysma and tickets and not getting a Juliana ;_;

Kettch

Finished up level 200 as well, and on my second to last 10 pull of coins I finally got an Elza from it. So LB3, I'm not too sad now.

Miff

What happens after 200? Does it just repeat?

Just slipped in lvl 130. The number of minions around Elza is starting to annoy, wouldn't have enjoyed going much further.

Gizuko

oh wow congrats

still havent gotten her yet but oh well lol

---------------------------------------

/complains about not getting a Kat drop:

Got the knight buffer using 500 gatcha coins I just collected and got a copy of the last chance fortune ring character, woo!

I was going to complain about how I couldn't get another Minoa for the life of me, but there she is.
Seriously, this character is so great... Gotta save for the unavoidable steampunk power-creep, though.

So it seems Iggdra lets you know you will get a Kat before the match starts, then... I might try restarting a match until she appears next time, might be a good way to "farm" her.

garath

Damn I wish I had a musica :( I pulled almost 20 times for her. No luck on that. Frau helped a bit but really needed musica.

Quixzlizx

I ended up with LB2 since I got one copy from demon coins. Maybe I should contact Gumi support about the Soul Siphon chest, lol. Worth a shot, I guess : (

BJK

I started the demon raid with 448 fortune rings.
One week later, I'm up to 667.

Not all of them came from the raid; I did dailies, got a few rings from gauntlet and the daily login, and quests (Phoena's ability quest netted me 16 rings alone). While I didn't take the gold (1 extra copy of the demon in 150 waves), I guess I'll have to be content with having seen so much silver.

Anko

I finished level 150 with 10 mins left on the clock. Totally forgot about the colo battles but what the heck. It was worth it. This last batch of demon coins got me my LB3 Elza.

Anko

Any one try the VIP Gatcha? I don't want to risk my tickets.....

Edit: Got a 3* Archer Enhancer and the clock started counting down from 24:00:00... so a free draw everyday?

I'm not seeing this VIP gacha thing on my recruit screen...??

Edit:
A friend tells me that he has 8/8 counters for the Colosseum and 1/2 counters for the Gauntlet? I am still seeing 5 and 1 counters respectively. Can anyone else confirm? Did Gumi mess up their maintenance...

I feel so left out ;_;

Rixa

Any one try the VIP Gatcha? I don't want to risk my tickets.....

Edit: Got a 3* Archer Enhancer and the clock started counting down from 24:00:00... so a free draw everyday?

Few fellows I know got that VIP thing too. Havent seen it. Seems its once per 24h pull. Prolly all of us get it in the long run...

BJK

Not only am I not seeing VIP gacha, it looks like the Sage Tower Festival is rolled into the tower recruit directly.

10+2 at rate-up?

Almost makes me want to pull from the event to find out; too bad I'm holding out for Chain Story Festival 4.

Avalt

Edit:
A friend tells me that he has 8/8 counters for the Colosseum and 1/2 counters for the Gauntlet? I am still seeing 5 and 1 counters respectively. Can anyone else confirm? Did Gumi mess up their maintenance...

I feel so left out ;_;

That is correct...

I got 7/7 for Colosseum and 0/2 for Gauntlet.... I just reset the Gauntlet a second time and it worked!

Gumi must have felt bad about me getting no extra copies of Elza so they made me a VIP member :p

Top Bottom