• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Anko

I'm probably just salty that a friend got 30 sec ap reduction, 8 colo and 2 gauntlet counters without spending a cent. While I am lucky enough to have the colo end at a nice time of day, having 3 lesser tries than some is discouraging. A lot of my prysma comes from the daily Colosseum and I don't think this will bode well for my future Colo rankings.

Have they explained how each perk is granted?

Aki-at

So wait, if I spend any sort of money do I get a guaranteed 3* and above a day? They've done a bad job explaining this to me. And now with ver 2 around the corner I'm just tempted to stay on.

Just when I thought I was out... They pull me back in.

elty

I'm probably just salty that a friend got 30 sec ap reduction, 8 colo and 2 gauntlet counters without spending a cent. While I am lucky enough to have the colo end at a nice time of day, having 3 lesser tries than some is discouraging. A lot of my prysma comes from the daily Colosseum and I don't think this will bode well for my future Colo rankings.

Have they explained how each perk is granted?
Discouraging? I can have 4 million colosseum try and will still end up in the 1000 because I am in a unfavorable time zone.

BJK

Was initially outraged by the VIP system once maintenance completed. 24 hours later, it's tough to justify.

The only aspects of the game which are zero-sum competitive are Colosseum and Tower Events. (Gauntlet is sorta-PvP, but the caliber of your opponents are based on the team you put up.)

Colosseum is a legit problem, and I can't fault anyone upset by giving P2P players extra kicks at the cat. As someone who goes to sleep 2-3 hours before the day resets, the practical effect of this change on my play is minimal. If I end up at 1500 or at 2500, the difference is around 125 honor...when I get 2000 a day from Gauntlet.

My understanding with Tower events were that Sega changed the rewards after the Selene event, so that players can MLB the tower reward regardless of the final event standings. (In other words, you get the cards after certain point thresholds, a bit like getting demons after raid 50 / 80.) If relative point scores don't affect your ability to MLB, then VIP doesn't really affect my experience.

Everything else - in some form or another - is giving slightly better benefits to pay players...which is pretty much the point of F2P gaming. If anything, the VIP system is an acknowledgment of how lousy the ROI is for actual spending at the v1 rates. Aside from Colosseum, it's not necessary to pay to win; having just finished the main story (and Phoena's Lv. 75 ability quest), I feel fairly confident saying that.

Gumi just gave all of us the opportunity for 100 extra AP per day (AP buddy system); makes it a bit tough to get upset over pay players getting another 10-15 AP per day.

Have not put a dime into the game, but I'm open to doing so, as long as Gumi doesn't mess with the SR/UR rates in v2. Would be curious to know how much VIP gacha costs, though I'm unlikely to put more than the cost of a PS4 new release into a mobile game.

Avalt

I'm about to do the last 2 quests for Phoena's Cheer. What kind of party is recommended? I heard some horror stories on how many revival fruit some used...

Full Attack, Full Defense, or a Mixed Buffer/Healer party?

Was thinking Selene, Coro, Lindsey, Frau + Ted's Lilith with Sasha in Reserve... should I replace Frau or Sasha with more offense?

I got 34x revival fruit, but I want to be efficient :p

Fishious

So wait, if I spend any sort of money do I get a guaranteed 3* and above a day? They've done a bad job explaining this to me. And now with ver 2 around the corner I'm just tempted to stay on.

Just when I thought I was out... They pull me back in.

As far as I understand from everything I've read (because GUMI seems to have accidently put the system in the game before announcing, explaining, or implementing the tracking GUI) there are different tiers of VIP based on how much $ you've spent on the prysma store. Anecdotal reports seem to show that its based on how much you spend so sales with bonus prysma don't increase your VIP more than buying it normally and the special offers may not count. Each tier comes with a set of perks that seem to compound the higher tier you are.

As I said earlier, I've spent somewhere between $100-$150 in Amazon coins, but no VIP gacha for me. From the anecdotal reports I've read it seems VIP gacha is probably between $150-$200, but we should know for sure tomorrow as the event news says this feature "launches" 8/26/15. Also it's worth noting that some people have apparently gotten sub 3* from the VIP gacha, but on the whole the reports I've seen show pretty good rates for 3* and 4*.

Edit:

I'm about to do the last 2 quests for Phoena's Cheer. What kind of party is recommended? I heard some horror stories on how many revival fruit some used...

Was thinking Selene, Coro, Lindsey, Frau + Ted's Lilith with Sasha in Reserve... should I replace Frau or Sasha with more offense?

Your team sounds pretty good. I ran Selene, Coro, Lindsey, Mei, Friend Selene w/ Juliana in sub. Only had to use 1 revival fruit. At worst you shouldn't need more than a couple of fruits.

Aki-at

You're going to spend at least 4 revival fruits so I wouldn't worry about it.

My team for the battles was Selene (80) Lindsey (80) Coro (75) Melvina (60) + Selene friend (80) and Sulstan (60 at the time IIRC) and Haruki (60) it was only the last battle that required revival fruits.

garath

As long as you have a Lilith, you're fine. I did it with mlb Selene, 60 Lilith, 70 coro, mlb trystan and a friend Selene and used 1 or 2 fruits.

Miff

I'm about to ...

With a high level party, worst case is you'll probably need 3-4 fruits. I'd say just go for it and take the hit if need be. You'll get 4 silver chests at each stage anyway, which can compensate for your fruits.

Expecting some VIP reaction .gifs tomorrow :)

chrono01

I purchased $100 worth of Prysma in the past [when I first started], and yet I'm not a VIP? I thought purchases were supposed to be retroactive.

BJK

My party when I ran it last week: Selene LB3, Coro LB3, {Friendly MLB Selene}, Arietta LB0, Trystan Lv. 69/80 // Frau Lv. 59/80, Juliana LB0.
Very nearly finished the 4th quest without using a Stamina fruit.

Feed your Coro. When things got hectic in the # of adds on the final wave, I pulled everyone back, sent Coro into the middle of the screen, and cleared them all (save for the boss) in 1 special.

You shouldn't have too many problems clearing the quest.

Anko

Discouraging? I can have 4 million colosseum try and will still end up in the 1000 because I am in a unfavorable time zone.

And I can wake up to a 2,000 rank which I assume will get worse once others have even more opportunities to have a go at me. I do concede that I have a better shot at a sub 500 rank than you do though.

I win 95% of my Colo battles and finish in the top 1000 20-30% of the time because I'm EST.
I'm not arguing against that. An increase in colo counter will not help your case. It'll likely exacerbate it.

So putting Colo in VIP is a shitty thing, yes? The ones who benefit are the VIPs in the right time zone.

Quixzlizx

And I can wake up to a 2,000 rank which I assume will get worse once others have even more opportunities to have a go at me. I do concede that I have a better shot at a sub 500 rank than you do though.

I win 95% of my Colo battles and finish in the top 1000 20-30% of the time because I'm EST.

And my defense team is 80 Selene, 80 Lindsey, 70 Coro, 60 Velnar, with 60 Yoshitsugu and 60 Juliana subs, so there isn't much more I can do without pulling Cheery or Aludra.

Fishious

I purchased $100 worth of Prysma in the past [when I first started], and yet I'm not a VIP? I thought purchases were supposed to be retroactive.

What's that? A GUMI feature not working as intended? Surely you're mistaken!

I fully expect once we get the actual VIP meter lots of people are going to find that its missing a lot of purchases. Time to dig out those receipts, harass support, and wait for those compensatory stamina fruit to start rolling in!

chrono01

What's that? A GUMI feature not working as intended? Surely you're mistaken!

I fully expect once we get the actual VIP meter lots of people are going to find that its missing a lot of purchases. Time to dig out those receipts, harass support, and wait for those compensatory stamina fruit to start rolling in!
Yeah, I'm going to give it a bit of time and see if they fix it on their own. If not, I'll have to contact support. Thankfully, I kept all of the transaction emails, so finding the required information should be easy. Still, I'd rather not go through the extra work if I didn't have to.

Why, Gumi? Why?

Azusa

GUMI reverted VIP for now. It says "Coming Soon" in game and all VIP benefits are removed.

Also 1.7.0 update is available in play store.

Rixa

So in order to get you to rank 5 in vip system you neeed to spend money total of 1960 prysma:

Ranks / Prysmas bought:

1. 50
2. 150
3. 480
4. 980
5. 1960

15. Rank gives:

* +2 daily rewards
* 1min off ap regen
* 5 min off soul regen
* 10% off crafting time
* +3 crafting quest attempts (whatever are those)
* +3 gaunt resets
* +2 gaunt heal discount
* +50% gaunt heal
* vip gacha every 12 horus
* +30% chest drop rate
* +30% great success rate

Someone counted that to get level 15 you need to spend over 10k USD. Dunno if its true or not.

Stider

How much it costs depends on how you buy prysma. One of the best bundles on my opinion os the bundle with 620 prysma and 3 tickets. Costs about AUD $34 which is one of the better bundles. For vip the 480 with 600 bonus prysma is the worst as the bonus doesn't count towards vip level.

Azusa

VIP lvl 5 is the best value, everything else is a small extra for whales. Gauntlet, colo and crafting bonuses are lame but it's my opinion. I don't farm gauntlet and usually my colo rank is 4-3k as I don't do it every day.

Kettch

Yeah, I'm at level 5. Apparently they don't even count the "bonus" prysma that you get in their standard packs. So you have to buy 2 of the $100 ones to get there. Pretty sure that's where I'm staying, unless V2 blows me away and I feel like spending more. No way I'm ever getting to level 10 for the 15% drop rate bonus, that would be something stupid like 1800 dollars.

Azusa

VIP levels and bonuses:
I0RCI3d.png

sasuke_91

The best value at the moment is probably Stamina Fruit, which only cost 1200 honor points. Very useful if there are events like the War Chronicle or Rescue Mei.
I still have 19 stamina fruits left. What about revival fruits? I have 0 at the moment^^

Kettch

Revival fruits don't seem all that useful currently. The only time you want them is when there's content that's too difficult for you to beat, which is very sparse right now. Basically just Phoena's quest and Zaren's I guess. Maybe harder stuff will come into the game in the future though.

If you mess up and fail a quest, but can normally beat it, it's always better to just take the loss and try again. Since you could try it a number of times with a Stamina Fruit instead.

Avalt

VIP levels and bonuses:
I0RCI3d.png

Seems like VIP 5 & 6 are the sweet spot. VIP 5 gives you the daily free draw while VIP 6 may occasionally give you an additional ticket or prysma from the daily login. It starts to get exponentially more expensive from there...

90160 prysma is basically 92 purchases of the 980 bundle.... which would cost you $9200...

Did JP have this VIP stuff? I never spent a cent on this game but I do have google play money that I never use...hrm.

lol no

jp fans would definitely complain if you had to spend more money to get a free 3*+ pull everyday or reduced demon souls cooldown

hell, they complained when the first subjugation event was too hard and was literally made for whales (waiting for them to complain about the current one too)

then again, sega probably just doesn't have the problem of having people throw money at this game in japan unlike gumi does

garath

Anyone done a breakdown on what it would cost right now to get to the various VIP levels from 0? If bonus prysma isn't counted then it should be pretty easy to figure out? I'll do it later if I get some time.

elty

Anyone done a breakdown on what it would cost right now to get to the various VIP levels from 0? If bonus prysma isn't counted then it should be pretty easy to figure out? I'll do it later if I get some time.
I think cheapest way is buying the recruit bundle?

Avalt

Using regular bundles in store (USD):

VIP1 --> $4.99
VIP2 --> $14.99
VIP3 --> $49.99
VIP4 --> $99.99
VIP5 --> $199.98
VIP6 --> $314.96
VIP7 --> $499.95
VIP8 --> $799.92
VIP9 --> $1199.88
VIP10 --> $1809.81 (with a remainder of 10 prysma...)
VIP11 --> $2599.74
VIP12 --> $3699.63
VIP13 --> $5099.49
VIP14 --> $6899.31
VIP15 --> $9199.08

Most tiers above VIP 4 are dividable by the 980 prysma bundle, exceptions being VIP6 and VIP10.

Note: You can buy 10000 Amazon coins (worth $100) for $90.00... and sometimes even lower.
Note2: Occasionally you can get back between 10%-25% of you coins spent during promotions.

So if your planning on whaling it up, use Amazon coins... it will literally save you hundreds of dollars...

Vecks

Well, I'm glad the new event gacha gives a premium ticket every 5 pulls, but I used up everything I had to get Musica from the tavern. Did 6 pulls with whatever I had left and the only event character I got out of that was Arietta. Bad luck today it seems. I'm gonna have to do some of the old prysma quests and hope I can get somebody that can fight.

And my prayers have been answered. Got Yuni last night. Now I can be of help to everybody. :)

Fishious

How do you even use Amazon coins to buy IAPs... do you have to install the app from the Amazon app store?

Yes, this is the only way I know of to spend amazon coins. It seems you're free to flip back and forth between versions without repercussions (I've done it between the play store and amazon versions).

It's worth noting from what I'm reading that apparently the whole value of prysma purchased from those pop up limited time offers counts towards VIP whereas any bonus from the store does not. It may be better trying to trigger one of the specific prysma deals than using amazon coins (as the amazon version doesn't have those deals). Plus amazon coin kickback is currently only 10% so that's the better option for now if you're patient.

Quixzlizx

Yes, this is the only way I know of to spend amazon coins. It seems you're free to flip back and forth between versions without repercussions (I've done it between the play store and amazon versions).

It's worth noting from what I'm reading that apparently the whole value of prysma purchased from those pop up limited time offers counts towards VIP whereas any bonus from the store does not. It may be better trying to trigger one of the specific prysma deals than using amazon coins (as the amazon version doesn't have those deals). Plus amazon coin kickback is currently only 10% so that's the better option for now if you're patient.

Yeah, I've only bought prysma twice, and both times it was the recruitment pack, since it seemed like such a good deal when compared with any other prysma purchase. I've been clean for months, lol.

Festival ninja get!

Even better that it was a gold chest so I'm already primed to LB2 her!

Now I just need more and more points so I can get Tsuru Tsuru and at least Phoena. Pretty much given up on those tickets for now...

/kinda hopes fans complain to sega enough about them overnerfing the points gain in the event so they'll give us compensation

Kettch

After restarting the app a couple times, I finally got my Rod of Life crafting quest to show up today (really annoying bug). Then after finishing it I restarted again and the quest reappeared, so the +1 quest VIP perk is working. Gonna cut down the time I need to just 2 weeks now.

Gotta say goodbye to my AP though.

Gizuko

Festival ninja get!

Even better that it was a gold chest so I'm already primed to LB2 her!

Now I just need more and more points so I can get Tsuru Tsuru and at least Phoena. Pretty much given up on those tickets for now...

/kinda hopes fans complain to sega enough about them overnerfing the points gain in the event so they'll give us compensation

Grats! I'm actually going for the tickets, you need 4 teams eventually and only had 3 event chars.

Anyway, now you can rack up a ton of points as well: when the golden mob icon pops (ala fever time). If you manage to complete the whole stage in under 10min (the is an actual timer), the golden mob reappears, or so it happenend yesterday for me (amazing coincidence if it wasn't supposed to happen lol).

While it's true you have to clear 4-5 battles (normal stage+bonus), the bonus stage is unaffected by arcana "cooldowns", so you can just shove all your Event Chars there. So in the end we are making less points each golden whistle, but I did think the last event was far too lenient/exploitable.

Grats! I'm actually going for the tickets, you need 4 teams eventually and only had 3 event chars.

Anyway, now you can rack up a ton of points as well: when the golden mob icon pops (ala fever time). If you manage to complete the whole stage in under 10min (the is an actual timer), the golden mob reappears, or so it happenend yesterday for me (amazing coincidence if it wasn't supposed to happen lol).

While it's true you have to clear 4-5 battles (normal stage+bonus), the bonus stage is unaffected by arcana "cooldowns", so you can just shove all your Event Chars there. So in the end we are making less points each golden whistle, but I did think the last event was far too lenient/exploitable.

yeah, I seen them, pretty cool but drags my time on longer lol

this event definitely takes a long while for me to go through

not even at stage 30 yet and going through all four battles takes me probably 30 minutes since I don't want to speed up the battles as I'm probably barely getting through them without anyone dying

at least they are taking four souls now so if I do wipe out on a stage, I don't mind using another soul for a second chance

Top Bottom