• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

So my game freezes whenever I go to Lake of Sand, Ancient Ruins. I click to enter, the game freezes, and I have to close the app.

Can anyone else check to see if it's a bug or just me?

Stider

So my game freezes whenever I go to Lake of Sand, Ancient Ruins. I click to enter, the game freezes, and I have to close the app.

Works fine for me. Just checking, do you have either Selene or Elza with the info on their abilities being blank?

Teddified

Just tried it, same happened for me.

This happened to me during the raid, I contacted Gumi about it and they basically told me to change the language then change back to english. And it worked I guess it redownloads or rechecks something when you change language.

Kettch

Yeah, Elza's (and apparently Selena's) quests are what break things there. I had to change the language to French and back to English to fix it as well.

Gizuko

yeah, I seen them, pretty cool but drags my time on longer lol

this event definitely takes a long while for me to go through

not even at stage 30 yet and going through all four battles takes me probably 30 minutes since I don't want to speed up the battles as I'm probably barely getting through them without anyone dying

at least they are taking four souls now so if I do wipe out on a stage, I don't mind using another soul for a second chance

That's the worst part of the event, imo, it takes too long to clear a stage and ends up being a chore lol

I'm actually using two souls from the start, even if just waiting another day would net me more points. I don't want to risk playing without buff in the mid 30s.

At least I do like the Arcana we are getting. v2 Fuuko seems better than her v1, and the Yukata arcana have some minor tweaks that make them better for the most part (except Phoena, who seems redundant un less you use the volunteer army in your teams), so that keeps me going. I want compensation from Sega, though.

Kettch

The early data collection stats for the VIP gacha have the 4* arcana rate at 25%, so that's pretty nice. One every 4 days.

Got my Isiah, woo.

I peek at my friend menu and I completely forgot they did this friend AP stuff. Walked out of that menu with 90/71 AP..so weird to see.

That stuff resets daily or something? I want to make sure I'm sending you guys goods.

BJK

Interested to see how the Festive Exchange Ticket thing is going to work. (If you're not sure what I'm talking about, check the news/events feed in-game.) They make it sound like you can get a 5* MLB character just by logging in every day for 3 months.

That's the worst part of the event, imo, it takes too long to clear a stage and ends up being a chore lol

I'm actually using two souls from the start, even if just waiting another day would net me more points. I don't want to risk playing without buff in the mid 30s.

At least I do like the Arcana we are getting. v2 Fuuko seems better than her v1, and the Yukata arcana have some minor tweaks that make them better for the most part (except Phoena, who seems redundant un less you use the volunteer army in your teams), so that keeps me going. I want compensation from Sega, though.

pretty much, sega saw how easy they made this event after the first time and nerfed it extremely hard

besides the fact I have to do each battle in normal speed otherwise everyone dies, almost every group of enemy basically needs a specific team to face them, gunners/archers for the bats, fire team for the forest, clerics for the cats, warriors for the golem, etc, basically probably means I'll have to retry if I get stuck needing two of the same team on one stage

and the fact I get like at most 10k points from a map and I need another 250k just to get LB2 Tsuru just bugs me

god Sega, you better compensate us and easy mode this event

-----------------------------------------------------------

btw, I like how global's new exclusive unit looks
olLhFp0.png
A bit jelly

Gizuko

pretty much, sega saw how easy they made this event after the first time and nerfed it extremely hard

besides the fact I have to do each battle in normal speed otherwise everyone dies, almost every group of enemy basically needs a specific team to face them, gunners/archers for the bats, fire team for the forest, clerics for the cats, warriors for the golem, etc, basically probably means I'll have to retry if I get stuck needing two of the same team on one stage

and the fact I get like at most 10k points from a map and I need another 250k just to get LB2 Tsuru just bugs me

god Sega, you better compensate us and easy mode this event

I have been forcing my way with 2 knight/mage/cleric teams, 1 warrior/mage/cleric team and 1 monomage. I wonder if actually using the recommended teams would have been better...

Clerics are pretty much necessary in every team from 26-30 onwards and blinding moths are hell.

At east they did get the whaling part right, I doubt any f2p will mlb all 3 event characters, let alone Bariki, but it is a nice incentive for whales to spend.

elty

Is this just me? Ever since the new ap buddy thing my daily takes more than 5 tries to complete.it used to just 4 tries most of the time.

In the whole week only once I am able to complete it within 4 tries. 6 or 7 is the norm.

Fishious

Is this just me? Ever since the new ap buddy thing my daily takes more than 5 tries to complete.it used to just 4 tries most of the time.

In the whole week only once I am able to complete it within 4 tries. 6 or 7 is the norm.

It's always been pretty random for me. Some days I'll get it done in a couple of runs, other times it'll take like 10. I probably average out to around 6 and that's running from global's launch. Before the friend AP thing I'd spend almost all my AP on dailies every day. Now I typically have a surplus for other stuff.

Vecks

Nice. Got Fuuko from a gold chest at 35. I'll probably still aim for 40, but this will save me 200k for something else. I think I'm going to skip the others in the shop. The princess is way too expensive and the other guy is pretty weak and no party buffs.

BJK

It's always been pretty random for me. Some days I'll get it done in a couple of runs, other times it'll take like 10. I probably average out to around 6 and that's running from global's launch. Before the friend AP thing I'd spend almost all my AP on dailies every day. Now I typically have a surplus for other stuff.

That's pretty much my experience as well. Before the buddy system, I would occasionally fail at getting both the 20 and the 10 done, while still having my AP near-full at 7pm local time, when the dailies reset. Now, I typically get all 3 rings every day, and have time to do other things. (Hell, I even managed to do some dailies during the demon raid.)

What kind of setup do I need to beat these event dailies? I would like that free character but, like with the past events, I can make it to the last round (barely) and then I get crushed. T_T

Right now my highest leveled party is:

Aludra 54
Sapras 53
Frau 51
Johan 40
Whatever GAF friend that has the highest attack, usually a MLB Selene.

Kettch

What kind of setup do I need to beat these event dailies? I would like that free character but, like with the past events, I can make it to the last round (barely) and then I get crushed. T_T

Right now my highest leveled party is:

Aludra 54
Sapras 53
Frau 51
Johan 40
Whatever GAF friend that has the highest attack, usually a MLB Selene.

I have a really strong team, but I did notice some of the enemies were dealing out a lot of damage here.

Other than farming some revival fruits to make it through, my best advice would be to try putting together a strong soldier team. If you have 4 soldiers and 1 healer, you can micro them so that once a soldier takes a lot of damage you can pull him back to heal while the enemy targets someone else. That's how I made it through harder content when my team was still underleveled. Unfortunately, there isn't much in the way of good soldiers that you can pick up right now though.

Alright, I'll see what I can do, thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, other than being under leveled.

Stupid question but how/where do you farm for revival fruits? I don't see them in the shop or whatever.

Quixzlizx

Alright, I'll see what I can do, thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, other than being under leveled.

Stupid question but how/where do you farm for revival fruits? I don't see them in the shop or whatever.

You can buy them in the honor token shop or the fortune ring shop.

Kettch

The easiest way to get them is to play the Gauntlet. The 6th reward for it is either Revival Fruit, Stamina Fruit, 3* Enhancer, Ring or 10 Prysma. So Revival Fruits come up pretty often. If you haven't done the gauntlet much, the best way to get far is to put together a small team of strong characters (your Aludra probably helps a lot) and then bring nothing but level 1 characters. That keeps the enemy teams nice and low level, as it's based on the average level of your characters. If you rely on Aludra it would also be good to bring a bunch of level 1 mages, so that when they die you get more purple mana to use her special with.

The other good way to get Revival Fruit is to buy them with Honor Points, 1200 each. You get them from gauntlet as well as the coliseum.

Gizuko

Second red chest here, might not need to buy a Fuuko if I luck out and get a third. Tsuru seems a bit far away, still.

Just chimed in to ask, would any of you prefer I set LB3 arietta as leader, over LB0 Symphonia or LB1 Yuni? I think Symphonia is the best overall, due to tankiness and stacking, but maybe Arietta will ease those cat levels.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Hey....

It is me or did the game update mess up the volume levels in the game? Even at max volume I could barely hear shit on my iPad 2 and iPad Air 2.

Second red chest here, might not need to buy a Fuuko if I luck out and get a third. Tsuru seems a bit far away, still.

Just chimed in to ask, would any of you prefer I set LB3 arietta as leader, over LB0 Symphonia or LB1 Yuni? I think Symphonia is the best overall, due to tankiness and stacking, but maybe Arietta will ease those cat levels.

at this point I rather have a Rowendia lol
while Symphonia is good her skill is utter crap and doesn't knockback
been finding knockback skills so Rowendia or Yuni have been great to stop the giant mobs from destroying me

after going through multiple golden hoods back to back and using two golden chickens I got enough to LB2 Tsuru so I'm content
still haven't gotten to stage 40 yet but I'll be content with a LB2 Fuuko right now
I guess depends on how many extra points I get at the end to decide if I want tickets, two more Fuukos or get the other two guys for character quests lol

not going to bother with yukata Phoena though lol

BJK

Got my first 5 star roll..... Ever.

Loletta, is she good? At least her art is really cute :eek:

Grats.
There are better URs out there, but she's no slouch.
Plus...chain quest.
Plus...she can blacksmith.

Good club users are hard to find; be glad you got one.

Vecks

Now that I've cleared all 40 stages, I'd prefer yuni for simpler farming. The sword has advantage over kappas, the freeze can stall lanes and the piercing clears out rows of tengus. But Symphonia is fine too. Even though her skill isn't that great, both my knight teams already have knockback characters, so she complements them well. Arietta's attack speed is so slow that I don't find it much of an advantage against cats.

And I also got a second red chest today. We all seem to be getting lucky with it. Either that or it's a better drop rate than raids.

The easiest way to get them is to play the Gauntlet. The 6th reward for it is either Revival Fruit, Stamina Fruit, 3* Enhancer, Ring or 10 Prysma. So Revival Fruits come up pretty often. If you haven't done the gauntlet much, the best way to get far is to put together a small team of strong characters (your Aludra probably helps a lot) and then bring nothing but level 1 characters. That keeps the enemy teams nice and low level, as it's based on the average level of your characters. If you rely on Aludra it would also be good to bring a bunch of level 1 mages, so that when they die you get more purple mana to use her special with.

The other good way to get Revival Fruit is to buy them with Honor Points, 1200 each. You get them from gauntlet as well as the coliseum.

Awesome, thank you. I don't think I'll be able to get enough revival fruits to finish the event in time though. T_T

I'll be sure to have some ready to go for the next event. I've never messed with Coliseum, Gauntlet, or weapon crafting (or whatever it's called) before.

Kettch

Apparently someone did 660 pulls during the BF event and ended up with 20 Selenas and a total of 5 of the other URs. So if that actually happened, then it pretty much confirms how the rate up works. The usual 1.7%ish rate for URs gets doubled, and then within that you were 4x more likely to get Selena compared to the other URs.

In other words, don''t get bamboozled by the 4x/5x rate for individual character stuff. You are more likely to get it, but it's not a bonus, just a trade-off because you're much less likely to get the other characters.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Apparently someone did 660 pulls during the BF event and ended up with 20 Selenas and a total of 5 of the other URs. So if that actually happened, then it pretty much confirms how the rate up works. The usual 1.7%ish rate for URs gets doubled, and then within that you were 4x more likely to get Selena compared to the other URs.

In other words, don''t get bamboozled by the 4x/5x rate for individual character stuff. You are more likely to get it, but it's not a bonus, just a trade-off because you're much less likely to get the other characters.

HOLY SHIT

This is terrible, why do I still keep playing this game? :/

How does the UR rate improve in v2 Japan again?

elty

So thats like $2000 down the drain? People continue to invest money into this type of scam?

Kettch

So thats like $2000 down the drain? People continue to invest money into this type of scam?

Normally I would hope someone putting down that kind of money would do some research first, since the rates are out there, if unofficially, but I would actually consider this close to a scam because it was essentially a rate down for the non-Selena characters (he was apparently trying to pull a Hannya and failed).

Gizuko

V2 rates are f2p friendly, unless you pull in the Continent of Beasts' Tavern... *shivers*

------------------

So, I ended up setting Yuni, since you both suggested her, but I do have a LB3 Rowendia, so just let me know if you need her (thinking back, I got amazingly lucky this time around, this is making it up for all the shit I got from the CoB's Tavern).

at this point I rather have a Rowendia lol
while Symphonia is good her skill is utter crap and doesn't knockback
been finding knockback skills so Rowendia or Yuni have been great to stop the giant mobs from destroying me

after going through multiple golden hoods back to back and using two golden chickens I got enough to LB2 Tsuru so I'm content
still haven't gotten to stage 40 yet but I'll be content with a LB2 Fuuko right now
I guess depends on how many extra points I get at the end to decide if I want tickets, two more Fuukos or get the other two guys for character quests lol

not going to bother with yukata Phoena though lol

I'm hoping to get Fuuko through chests, if not... I'll have to give up on LB2 tsuru, so that means no Tsuru altogether :( Let's hope I can get some spare time to go through my golden chickens and rack some points, GHens turn into SFruits after the event, which could be a waste lol

Now that I've cleared all 40 stages, I'd prefer yuni for simpler farming. The sword has advantage over kappas, the freeze can stall lanes and the piercing clears out rows of tengus. But Symphonia is fine too. Even though her skill isn't that great, both my knight teams already have knockback characters, so she complements them well. Arietta's attack speed is so slow that I don't find it much of an advantage against cats.

And I also got a second red chest today. We all seem to be getting lucky with it. Either that or it's a better drop rate than raids.

Maybe the use they same algorithm as with raids, where a higher stage/floor means better chance (did they ever confirm this?), and since there are only 40 stages here it's easier to notice. At any rate, it really does seem higher.

bonkeng

Damn that's a lot of money to throw away.

That means that those with 4x or 5x rated UR is actually only 3.4% when pulling, but has a higher chance for them to appear than the 2x rated UR? Wow.

sasuke_91

This is just... wow...

Any Tavern I should spend my 3 Premium Tickets on? Or should I just kepp them?

Top Bottom