• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

Sofar I heard that only those players that have spend mone (one spended 3$) has that VIP feature. Dunno if its true or not. Havent heard any F2P to have it.

Is here anyone who is purely F2P and has that VIP gacha? I dont have it.

Anko

That is correct...

I got 7/7 for Colosseum and 0/2 for Gauntlet.... I just reset the Gauntlet a second time and it worked!

Gumi must have felt bad about me getting no extra copies of Elza so they made me a VIP member :p
The randomness of it makes it even weirder. You have 7, my friend has 8. I'm stuck at a miserable 5.

Edit:
Purely f2p, no VIP.

Gizuko

Elemia just fully turned into Sachi (Grisaia). Not that I could ever complain though.

Damn Sega, I wanted to save for the new tavern!

Miff

Apparently there's AP-regen reduction / lower AP for quests too.

I'm also on the 6/6 colo / no-VIP tier. Made a couple of IAPs in the past.

Not sure how I feel about VIP atm.

CNM4BK-UEAAbMhr.jpg

didn't expect to suddenly get her

got the Iggdra showing up beforehand so that was pretty cool

Miff

Not sure how I feel about VIP atm.

Hello, Japan Chain Chroniclez!

Not sure I'll fully make the transition yet. But Gumi gave me the incentive to try. I just need to figure out IAPs etc.

Going to give Hortensia Saga a spin too. Oh, wow, it's like a whole new world abyss has opened up on the iTunes store! Hope IP blocking isn't too extensive.

Quixzlizx

I have 7 Colosseum slots, but the game won't let me use more than 5.

Wait, now I can... it's just that the timer disappears after 5 uses, so I have to wait 5 minutes on my own.

Gizuko

I just noticed you can select different units by swiping over the current unit's portrait (during battles, and in jpCC at the very least).

I'm mindblown right now, even if it is as useless as it gets.

E:
After 3 Yukariettas I thought everything was lost, but... but!

Anko

I'm at such a disadvantage. It kinda erodes any motivation I have to continue with this shit. Trust Gumi to implement an uneven playing field and then not have an announcement or explanation prepared for it.

"We hope everyone enjoys the latest update" - Gumi

lol. fuck this shit.

Azusa

VIP levels/benefits are permanent once unlocked.

Here's the list of VIP benefits:
1. Additional Daily Login Rewards
2. Reduced AP Recharge Time
3. Reduced Demon Soul Recharge Time
4. Reduced Crafting Time
5. Additional Gauntlet Reset Count
6. Reduced Gauntlet Heal Cost
7. Increased Gauntlet Heal Amount
8. Increased Gauntlet Daily Battles
9. Free VIP Recruitment (rare and above)
10. Increased Treasure Chest Drop Rates
11. Increased Great Success Rates

Maybe its time to drop this game? I have way more fun playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper than this game.

I'm away for 2 days and this game suddenly becomes Pay to win?

Scumi at it's best lmao
---------------

I hope Gumi actually releases some hard content sometime, all I'm doing is trying to improve a team that can already complete everything.

desverger

There's some really obnoxious stuff in that list. More Colo battles probably being the worst.

Now they just need to add increased UR rates for VIPs and it'll be perfect :p

It's also mind boggling how you HAVE to spend money - this enture feature is locked behind a paywall. You cannot access VIP by spending prysma, you'll actually have to pay.

Anko

I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't doing this for the pvp stuff like the Colosseum. If they held back the global rates and gave VIP bonus rates for taverns though? I'll be out too.

I left KanColle and my Yamato behind when they implemented that marriage, level limit breaking shit. So I sure as hell can leave Lephret and... and... Oh. Right. There's not much to leave behind.

Edit:
First step is to delete the app, I suppose. If I wanna make sure I'd never return, I'd feed all my units to the hero unit. He'd actually have a purpose for once.

Miff

That list.... I'm out. Have JpCC up and running now but not sure I have the will to start from scratch or the ability to surmount the language barrier; really struggle with the kanji.

I'll probably going to dial down my mobile play and 'drift' for a while until something else hooks me.

Azusa

That list.... I'm out. Have JpCC up and running now but not sure I have the will to start from scratch or the ability to surmount the language barrier; really struggle with the kanji.

I'll probably going to dial down my mobile play and 'drift' for a while until something else hooks me.

Im with you. I have tried JPCC and I can't play it again from the beginning. Have you tried FFRK? Very generous f2p game and good quality.

garath

Oh gumi. Why do you do this? You do know having a healthy population of f2p players keeps the pay guys invested too correct? Sigh.

I want some harder content too. Not just different ways to mess with you (like a second spear raid). And I want v2. Bah. I like the game a lot but it seems so pointless. There's no where to go with it. If they're concentrating more on making people pay than improved content then what's the point.

Aki-at

Oh dear.

Oh dear oh dear.

Chain Chronicle is probably my favourite mobile game but if this is how Gumi is going to treat f2p players then I might as well bail out now. I've had my fun with the title.

Just hope Sega brings over their mobile stuff and not pull the same kid of trickery as Gumi. Massive shame as the recent events had me thinking I'd drop a few quids on the game, now not so much :/

Quixzlizx

They need to get v2 out soon. Why are they expecting people to p2w for the game as-is when almost everyone can beat all of the content already?

Selner

Hi!

I played this game back when it first came out (my last post is on Page 3 of this thread), but my interest fell off so I stopped playing.

I decided to pick it back up over the weekend, as I was looking for a fun game to play.
Quite a few new things it looks like, most of which I don't understand at the moment :) .

PvP, Raids, some crafting stuff... all things I'm not familar with. I guess I will try and muddle through.

As I've been messing around, I see all these quests for 1* characters. Are those worth doing? Or should I focus on 3*s? I read somewhere that quests can lead to other quests, and sometime characters.

Avalt

So long as all the features and drop rates remain at the same minimum as the Japanese version for the F2P then I don't see a problem. Got to remember that CC is mostly a single player experience, so P2W players shouldn't affect F2P players in most aspects of the game.

Can't sympathize with the coliseum either, since I'm from the east coast. I will never be able to compete there as long as the deadline each day is at 4am.

Now someone spending $100 will at least get some better long term value. Before $100 didn't even guaranteed a single UR. All it got you was a bunch of 4* arcana and A LOT of rings. Pretty horrible value if you ask me. It doesn't surprise me that most players are F2P... Thou I believe more people would spend cash if the drop rates where at the V2 rates, but I guess Gumi couldn't wait...

oh wow at the VIP thing for global lol

Gumi's getting desperate

Also, JPCC festival time!

Also threw some pulls in the old JPCC festival gatcha:

Super lucky but I definitely feel like I'll need all the event units I can get since there are way too many good rewards this time around. (Tsuru~, 3 new event cards, all the premium tickets) x_x

elty

I think this VIP system is used fairly regularly in Chinese f2p game. Did they say the threshold for each VIP level?

Fishious

Hi!

I played this game back when it first came out (my last post is on Page 3 of this thread), but my interest fell off so I stopped playing.

I decided to pick it back up over the weekend, as I was looking for a fun game to play.
Quite a few new things it looks like, most of which I don't understand at the moment :) .

PvP, Raids, some crafting stuff... all things I'm not familar with. I guess I will try and muddle through.

As I've been messing around, I see all these quests for 1* characters. Are those worth doing? Or should I focus on 3*s? I read somewhere that quests can lead to other quests, and sometime characters.

Quick run down:

Gauntlet: Pits you against other players' AI controlled teams. Teams you face seem to be based on the average level of the members you select. Gives decent rewards (sometimes prysma!), but typically requires a decent team to beat. Characters with AoE are a must. You navigate around a map selecting opponents and can take up to 10 characters that you can swap between for each battle. Damage to your characters persists between and you can keep up to 5 mana between battles.

Coliseum: Fight against other players' AI controlled teams to gain rank. Each day you have a set number of fights (base 5). It matches you with other players of similar rank. Each time a player wins, they swap ranks. Rewards (again including prysma for top 500) are given out at the end of the day when your fights reset. Heavily favors players that can play around reset time (which is the middle of the night for most of the US).

Crafting: Requires you to have specific characters (pretty much all from the Tavern) who will take a certain number of hours to build materials which are used to make A rank weapons or doing quests in that forest. It typically takes a long time, but most of the weapons are good and at least it's a guaranteed way to get an A rank weapon.

Raids: You just missed the last one. They happen about once a month. You get a second stamina type called souls. You can have up to 3 at once and 1 regens every 30 minutes. After completing any normal quest there's a very high chance you'll get a demon invade, which lets you fight that month's demon to get static rewards, card drops, and demon coins (used to pull for more cards). Each time you defeat the demon, it's rank increases. The difficulty goes up each time and the main draw is getting the demon itself which is usually pretty good, especially if limit broken. You're guaranteed 2 copies if you can make it to 80 and everything beyond is a crap shoot for now.

Re: quests-
You should do any quests that give you prysma. For 1* and 2* characters you can ignore the rest (with the exception of Kain, Michidia, and Marina who give unique weapons for doing their whole quest chain). Do quests to unlock abilities for any characters you actually plan to use.
-------------------------------------
Onto the hot topic of the day, Re: VIP stuff-

I'm in agreement that the whole thing is kind of terrible. I think the core issue is communication, because GUMI just dropped this on us without explaining and presumably expected us to be ok with it. Some of the bonuses are fairly benign while others could be problematic. Especially the coliseum ones (even though its already pretty much a farce).

Right now spending prysma on recruiting is a pretty awful idea because it has such a terrible return on value, so I wouldn't be surprised if people aren't spending much. So I agree that paying players need a better value, but I feel that could be done more fairly by increasing drop rates or guaranteeing a 5* after a certain number of pulls or something like that.

Most of the content in the game is already pretty easy and can be done without Tavern characters. The issue then is stuff that pits players against each other such as Coliseum and events like Selene's (though if they follow JP and add guaranteed copies just based on points that takes some of the sting away). Anything that pits players against one another is going to favor paying players, more so than it already does.

In the end I think I can live with it, though that assumes GUMI doesn't fiddle with the difficulty like they did with several of the post Selene raids.

Rixa

Iam curious to see, how much better AP regen players have in higher tiers. Normally it wont be an issue.

But, so called "Tower Events" they will get big benefits (besides using stam fruits).

Not happy at all with these changes, just makes my decision to be F2P more stronger.

Fishious

Iam curious to see, how much better AP regen players have in higher tiers. Normally it wont be an issue.

But, so called "Tower Events" they will get big benefits (besides using stam fruits).

Not happy at all with these changes, just makes my decision to be F2P more stronger.

I've been reading on another forum and I believe one of the guys who put in $1000+ has 7:20 regen. I think I've paid in $100-$150 lifetime (I'm not totally sure because I paid in Amazon coins, which got me a percentage kickback, which I then spent, which got me...) and have 7:40, max 4 gauntlet, and 7/7 coliseum. From all I've read it doesn't scale very well.

Part of what I meant in my last post about communication is that we still don't have a $$$ to tier listing. With a system like this the exact numbers determine whether something is fair or not. On the one hand I'd think it would be fine to have some good features on the low end to encourage all players to spend a little rather than rely overly on whales, but it looks like a lot of the stuff is only for very high payers. This can either be seen as being fair since there seems to be a hefty gap between later tiers with only a small increase in utility to incentivize spending or predatory since it may encourage big spenders to spend even more since they already have a problem.

elty

30 seconds faster just means 12ap extra per day. Whales will use real money to buy fruit anyways do it is not really a issue. I wonder how much is the free recruit tier though, because that's almost like a free ticket everyday.

I am wondering if they are going to tie the V2 SSR rate to VIP level. The fallout is going to be spectacular.

sasuke_91

I hate VIP-shit like that. Good thing the game is single player most of the time.

By the way, I only made it up to Lvl 64 in the Elza raid, so I only got LB1 Elza now. I still have to level her up in order to really use her though.

Vecks

Well, I'm glad the new event gacha gives a premium ticket every 5 pulls, but I used up everything I had to get Musica from the tavern. Did 6 pulls with whatever I had left and the only event character I got out of that was Arietta. Bad luck today it seems. I'm gonna have to do some of the old prysma quests and hope I can get somebody that can fight.

Well, I'm glad the new event gacha gives a premium ticket every 5 pulls, but I used up everything I had to get Musica from the tavern. Did 6 pulls with whatever I had left and the only event character I got out of that was Arietta. Bad luck today it seems. I'm gonna have to do some of the old prysma quests and hope I can get somebody that can fight.

Best of luck! This event definitely seems very defendant on event character to boosts up the points.

VIP gatcha 2nd day result: Ibuki 4*

EDIT: Version 2!

StpdsK1.png

dontbelieveherlies.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

Also:

I just noticed that if Pirika appears during a boss wave and you are full of mana she waits until you spend mana. I assumed that being at full mana at the beginning of a boss wave delayed Pirika but doesn't seem to matter.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Marvel Future Fight also has a VIP system. Considering how unfriendly pulls can be in this game, getting something back for spent money doesn't sound bad at all. Especially if it works with spending freely earned credits! ;)

Pushedpto 140 plus on Elza, still only the one bonus copy from coin pulls. Woulda loved to get her higher. Still saw the most blue chesy drops I'd ever seen. Got Sana from "never got her before!" To MLB ove raid time. Yay for future spear raid filler.

Cleared up all side stories and Jedah's chain story over the time too. I really have fun with the stories and characters in this game, spotty editing aside. Makes new characters earned feel pretty nice, when you get multi quest and possibly prysma out of it. Consistent narrative goes a long way. I'd love a console game of this.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I am assuming that the 1/2 stamina for story mode is so that we can plow through the main story before v2 is out.

So them saying V2 soon basically verifies my suspicions. I wonder if the increased drop rate is the same as Japan or if they nerf global.

Miff

Version 2!

Oh wowlol, thought I wouldn't see that for a long time. At least that's an incentive to keep a finger on gCC. Still really concerned at VIP and potential for low-spenders to be locked out of decent rankings in tower events and stuff. Feeling a bit better after reading some of the comments on here. Such a bitter-sweet couple of days.

Have you tried FFRK? Very generous f2p game and good quality.

Thanks, I'll check it out whilst waiting for the VIP clouds to clear.

elty

News VIP level incoming shopping with v2:
12 additional weapon slot
13 special 2000 arcana coin draw with guarantee 3*
14 Increased UR rate to 7%
Lol

Top Bottom