• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

chrono01

So if I got 3* sword, I can evolve it again? Like, there is no limit right?
Any weapon you "upgrade" to overwrites the last. So if you go from a weapon with lesser stats to more, the effect will carry over. However if, for example, your current B-Rank weapon has 10 points into Attack [and it being fully upgraded] and you upgrade to an A-Rank one with only 8 points into Attack, you'll lose those two points. You can always upgrade to any weapon you want [assuming they can use that type], but know that the previous one will be lost.

Traditionally, you save the premium B-Rank weapons for those that will last you a while, so only 4*/5* units. If you get an A-Rank weapon, definitely be careful on who you use it on since there's no way to "remove" a weapon after you fuse it.

In the current Japanese version, you can equip multiple weapons to the same character and switch between them, but that's not available yet in the English version.

JNA

Banned
Any weapon you "upgrade" to overwrites the last. So if you go from a weapon with lesser stats to more, the effect will carry over. However if, for example, your current B-Rank weapon has 10 points into Attack [and it being fully upgraded] and you upgrade to an A-Rank one with only 8 points into Attack, you'll lose those two points. You can always upgrade to any weapon you want [assuming they can use that type], but know that the previous one will be lost.

Traditionally, you save the premium B-Rank weapons for those that will last you a while, so only 4*/5* units. If you get an A-Rank weapon, definitely be careful on who you use it on since there's no way to "remove" a weapon after you fuse it.

In the current Japanese version, you can equip multiple weapons to the same character and switch between them, but that's not available yet in the English version.

Ok so right now, my c rank weapon that Nimpha has just has 3 Attack. No enhancements or evolves yet. So would it be a waste to use my blade crafters on the c rank weapon AND THEN evolve it to B rank, or just evolve and then just the blade crafters?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, the whole weapon system through me off a bit and I just want to make sure I know exactly what to do before I do anything. 0_0

Azusa

Ok so right now, my c rank weapon that Nimpha has just has 3 Attack. No enhancements or evolves yet. So would it be a waste to use my blade crafters on the c rank weapon AND THEN evolve it to B rank, or just evolve and then just the blade crafters?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, the whole weapon system through me off a bit and I just want to make sure I know exactly what to do before I do anything. 0_0

Weapons just change stat caps and sometimes add special skill. If you enhanced some weapon stats they will stay the same, but it depends on new weapon stat cap.

JNA

Banned
Weapons just change stat caps and sometimes add special skill. If you enhanced some weapon stats they will stay the same, but it depends on new weapon stat cap.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Ok I think I get it now.

So there is no way to screw up this whole thing permanently then? 0_0

chrono01

What Azusa said.

Whatever stats you have will carry over to the new weapon when you upgrade. The only thing that won't is if the current weapon has an ability and the new one doesn't.

Yaari

Congrats JNA. Thats one of the best you could have gotten. Add me so you can get the best out of the event while it still remains.

Lotsa Rings this morning. Picked 2 in the daily, then got the 4th chest on the 20ap quest twice in a row. Happy.

Friend ID:134991242

Edit: Garath your Dragons always bugging :(

Azusa

LVL 76. Its so hard. Dragon has 263k HP and I can do only 145k dmg using all 3 orbs one by one. Sometimes fiends can help, but mostly I'm using fruits to replenish orbs and kill the dragon.

I really need to reach LVL 80 and sell that demon UR card. I have 34 rings + 6 rings in cards and I need only 30 rings more to LB2 Lindsey.

Yaari

LVL 76. Its so hard. Dragon has 263k HP and I can do only 145k dmg using all 3 orbs one by one. Sometimes fiends can help, but mostly I'm using fruits to replenish orbs and kill the dragon.

I really need to reach LVL 80 and sell that demon UR card. I have 34 rings + 6 rings in cards and I need only 30 rings more to LB2 Lindsey.

I prefer doing 1 orb runs. My team dies before the timer hits 0, and I can do 80k per orb. So that's 240k I guess.

Anyway you can add me if you want, I have nothing to do with my orbs. But I'll only attack in the 40-45 min timer or somethng because it seems I am constantly going in while others are busy.

Right now I have 2 orbs. If you can set up a Dragon I will hurt him for you.

garath

Lol. This level 64 dragon has bugged out twice now. So annoying. And of course this time I get shafted on mana and end up only doing like 36k damage when I have no souls left.

Appreciate the help though Yari :)

The 1hp friend bug has plagued me as of late.

I honestly don't care much about progressing anymore. I'm not likely to hit 70 and I'm DEFINITELY never going to hit 80 so I'll just help people when they ask and use my souls on my own if there's nothing else to do with them. Some more demon coins would be nice. Gotten a couple of good 3* things from that.

Wish I would have gotten enough rings to get a second Lindsey but I'll have to save for next time she comes around.

Yaari

Yeah, I thought the last one died, did it bug again for you? I did get a chest from it, so it has to be dead. But its an annoying bug no doubt.

I don't care, I have to use the orbs anyway, but its not helping you much at this rate.

garath

Yeah, I thought the last one died, did it bug again for you? I did get a chest from it, so it has to be dead. But its an annoying bug no doubt.

I don't care, I have to use the orbs anyway, but its not helping you much at this rate.

Last one bugged too. Current one has a boat load of HP left and I have no souls. I didn't even realize the last one had bugged. I just was working on another quest and poof, another level 64 dragon hah.

It's all good. I'm glad you're getting rewards for the help at least :)

Yaari

Last one bugged too. Current one has a boat load of HP left and I have no souls. I didn't even realize the last one had bugged. I just was working on another quest and poof, another level 64 dragon hah.

It's all good. I'm glad you're getting rewards for the help at least :)

To make things clear, do you do quests while a dragon is up? Don't ever do that. It will always reset your dragon. I personally avoid quests these days. Anyway you still want me to tag along?

Edit: Let me take care of this one. I'lll have my orb in 10 minutes. You keep on focusing on summoning new dragons instead. Do not do quests with a dragon up.

garath

To make things clear, do you do quests while a dragon is up? Don't ever do that. It will always reset your dragon. I personally avoid quests these days. Anyway you still want me to tag along?

Edit: Let me take care of this one. I'lll have my orb in 10 minutes. You keep on focusing on summoning new dragons instead. Do not do quests with a dragon up.

hmm.. I've never had an issue with new dragons popping up when doing quests while one was active. Only if it had the 1hp bug. Damn.

Interesting. Well I'll avoid doing it regardless.

I have an orb in 1 min. Going to take another chunk off the stupid thing since it has 117k left. Don't think you'll be able to 1 orb what's left.

edit: There. 76k left.

Yaari

hmm.. I've never had an issue with new dragons popping up when doing quests while one was active. Only if it had the 1hp bug. Damn.

Interesting. Well I'll avoid doing it regardless.

I have an orb in 1 min. Going to take another chunk off the stupid thing since it has 117k left. Don't think you'll be able to 1 orb what's left.

edit: There. 76k left.

Give me a while to get a 9k ATK ally up. Don't do more damage to this one, I'll make sure it dies. You focus on getting the next one up.

garath

Give me a while to get a 9k ATK ally up. Don't do more damage to this one, I'll make sure it dies. You focus on getting the next one up.

If you don't finish it off, I'll have a new orb with 5 min to spare and can do a solid 40-50k even with a lesser friend (as long as I don't get completely screwed).

I had ended up giving my Lindsey the grief sword and two 3* blade enhancers. She's a monster even at level 25. If only the rest of my party was as good lol.

Thanks for the help btw :)

edit: Nice. You killed it :)

Too little too late, but I'm completing the quest to get Haruaki. He would have been useful earlier with his bonus damage against demons. Still, he'll replace iris on my team or something.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just got this, loving it so far. Not a fan of how long it takes to reroll on iOS so I stopped after I got a 4 star Clarice, who is pretty good so far. I even spent $5 already... that opening offer seemed pretty good to me. I AM WEAK.

Please add me, GAF friends! 166412216, name is Noci.

Is it worth leveling up my 3 star dudes?

Yaari

Just got this, loving it so far. Not a fan of how long it takes to reroll on iOS so I stopped after I got a 4 star Clarice, who is pretty good so far. I even spent $5 already... that opening offer seemed pretty good to me. I AM WEAK.

I'd say so, but not Hero. He's bad.
I'll try to add you later, my list is a little full due to the event so I will have to remove some inactive person.

Garath, are you getting the kills now? We can probably get you to 80 if you try to use as few orbs as possible, and focus on getting new Dragons up mainly.

garath

Welcome! I sent you an invite. Abuse the higher level friends to breeze through the early game.

Definitely worth leveling up the 3 star dudes. Basically ditch all the starter characters and try to make a party out of your 4* and 3* characters with good synergy (i.e. all the same class). Some good 2* people you can use are Dusty (soldier) and Latty (healer).

The game's addictive -_-

I'd say so, but not Hero. He's bad.
I'll try to add you later, my list is a little full due to the event so I will have to remove some inactive person.

Garath, are you getting the kills now? We can probably get you to 80 if you try to use as few orbs as possible, and focus on getting new Dragons up mainly.

I am. Heck. I'll keep going. Going to switch back to fruits of research. Got my fortune ring from the daily event so I'll have enough AP to carry through the rest of today at the rate of souls. I still think 80 is a pipe dream but nothing better to do with the souls :)

edit: Loaded up another. HP is getting high on these guys. over 100k left. I'll do another chunk in about 15 min or so.

commish

Thanks for the tips! I'll level up my 3 star dudes but not my poor hero.

Is there a short write up somewhere regarding weapons? Not sure how they work but can't find anything.

Edit: I had a level 10 dragon down to about 300 hp.. but out of the orb thingies. While waiting for an orb to regen to finish him off, I did a story mission, then after it, another dragon attacked. Is there no way to go back and finish that first dragon?

Aki-at

Sent you an invite, name's Ark.

There's some good ones but there are a more than a few duds, if you can get a hold of Minimo (She has a 20% heal spell between waves for the character with lowest HP.) or Melvina (Pretty much a better version of Latty.) you've got some good ones. I find Robbie pretty good since she can easily dodge attacks thanks to her speed.

Even so there are two particular 2* characters that have impressive stats/easily limit broken. Dusty (Easy to limit break and has max atk 5099) and Latty (She'll serve you well until you get a 4* or 5* healer.) even if you get better characters to replace they'll definitely come in handy for the Titan's Cave quest (All 2* characters get a x2 buff.)

EDIT: Saw your post, weapon leveling works with two types of cards.

There are weapon enhancers that level up the attack, critical and defence stats of a weapon. Once these are maxed out, that it's out.

Then there is a card for evolving weapons, for example a flame sword is a B level sword. Once evolved your stats from the previous weapon carries over and some new bars are added for you to fill.

I think you won't be able to evolve a B sword/spear etc card with another B card, you must have an A card to get the next level but I haven't tried it. Keep in mind if a weapon has an ability (The flame sword having fire attributes.) would be lost once you evolve the sword.

garath

Thanks for the tips! I'll level up my 3 star dudes but not my poor hero.

Is there a short write up somewhere regarding weapons? Not sure how they work but can't find anything.

Edit: I had a level 10 dragon down to about 300 hp.. but out of the orb thingies. While waiting for an orb to regen to finish him off, I did a story mission, then after it, another dragon attacked. Is there no way to go back and finish that first dragon?

Nope. 65 levels later and I just learned that myself haha. If you do a story mission with a partially dead demon up there, it'll reset.

Yaari

Do you guys tap or swipe to move your people?

I'm having trouble getting them to attack targets sometimes. Particularly with melee units.

Swipe, didnt know you can tap.

Garath, took another hit at the Dragon, 15k left. I'll keep an eye out for your Dragons. Dont think it will be too difficult to get you to 80. I have plenty of Vigor Fruit left as well.

commish

Thanks for those who sent me invites - appreciated.

Sucks about my dragon, but I got the 2nd one down pretty easily thanks to my new overpowered friends :)

And thanks for the weapons explanation Aki-at!

garath

Swipe, didnt know you can tap.

Garath, took another hit at the Dragon, 15k left. I'll keep an eye out for your Dragons. Dont think it will be too difficult to get you to 80. I have plenty of Vigor Fruit left as well.

Awesome :) I just polished it off. Lol. I guess at this rate it is more than possible to get there. I have 2 or 3 fruit left too.

Not going to summon the next for ~30 min or so. No souls. Want to at least have the ability to take 3 swipes at it. It's not enough to kill it but enough with just one other person stabbing it.

Thanks so much!

I did some more demon coin pulls and got two Robby in the same pull. :|

I swear this is going to ruin my luck for the rest of the year!

KimChi

Can we still do the story of character if we sell them/use them for enhancement or gotta keep them?

Yes, however some characters have more than 1 set of quests to do like Kain, Marina, and Michidia, for those 3 I think you need to limit break and max their level to unlock more quests that give some 4* weapons. You can check which arcana have additional quests by clicking on menu->allies. 1 blank spot =only 1 quest, though only matters if you want to complete story for every character though.

Need to level up more :(, want to add more people on here to friendlist.

But make sure they don't have any additional quests after their first one.
Dang sold off my Donnel Eddy oh well he'll be back
Yes, however some characters have more than 1 set of quests to do like Kain, Marina, and Michidia, for those 3 I think you need to limit break and max their level to unlock more quests that give some 4* weapons. You can check which arcana have additional quests by clicking on menu->allies. 1 blank spot =only 1 quest, though only matters if you want to complete story for every character though.

Ah will keep them around then good thing I'm low on money would've merged them XD
Right. Also make sure they don't have any quests that are dependent on level.
Hmmm gotta level them up then -___-;

Vylash

think i'm done using arcana coins until they add an SSR to the pool, i've gotten all of the regular cards i can get and the one star enhancers aren't really worth it

Aki-at

Do you guys tap or swipe to move your people?

I'm having trouble getting them to attack targets sometimes. Particularly with melee units.

... You can tap? What?!

Thank you! I have a feeling this should help me take down some of the mobs at Titan's Cave haha.

Thanks for those who sent me invites - appreciated.

Sucks about my dragon, but I got the 2nd one down pretty easily thanks to my new overpowered friends :)

And thanks for the weapons explanation Aki-at!

You're welcome bro! There's a A level bow that's a reward for getting all the chests in a free quests later in the game so you won't have to worry long about equipping Clarice with one if you're going to stick with here.

Same problem for me, maxed friends and need 1 more level to get the additional 5 slots except I've completed all the story quests so I can't get 1500 exp+ in one go anymore : <

Pbae

Ugh, the leveling is so tedious.

I blew through and 300k gold and my characters only went up by a couple levels T_T

I have a 53 Aludra with mana bonus, a 46 Katya, and 31 Arietta to swap for people if they need it.

ID is 175.861.462

JNA

Banned
Congrats JNA. Thats one of the best you could have gotten. Add me so you can get the best out of the event while it still remains.

Lotsa Rings this morning. Picked 2 in the daily, then got the 4th chest on the 20ap quest twice in a row. Happy.

Friend ID:134991242

Edit: Garath your Dragons always bugging :(

Oh thank you! Just added you. :D

If anybody else what's to add me as well, my friend ID: 191588956

Hopefully I will be able to get Katarith in time.

Aki-at

Ugh, the leveling is so tedious.

I blew through and 300k gold and my characters only went up by a couple levels T_T

I have a 53 Aludra with mana bonus, a 46 Katya, and 31 Arietta to swap for people if they need it.

ID is 175.861.462

How are you leveling them up? I sure hope you're not using 1* enhancers anymore. After they go past level 15 I find 1* enhancers pretty useless and then 2* lose their use after they go past level 40 unless you use half a dozen or more of them. You should just wait for the daily quests by this point and cross your fingers hoping to get a 3*!

Does the normal stamina fruit fill up the souls?

I only have 1 vigor fruit. I'm willing to pop the stamina fruit along with the vigor fruit to finish level 60.

Top Bottom