• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Yaari

Wow, made an account on my phone for the hell of it and pulled Nimpha, woot.

For those of you that added me previously please delete that account from friend list, ill try adding everyone that accepted again.

Name:KimChi
ID: 161717389

That's some luck! Nice!

Dammmmmmmn...

Ugh I'm really reaching my breaking point here. I think I'm also on my 15th reroll. Patience wearing thin. :(

Hang in there, I've been rerolling since Saturday and have only rolled two 4 stars, (Bernadette) twice. As a PAD vet, I know how important a first roll can be. This gacha rate is just brutal compared to PAD though. Is there something similar to Godfest where the rates are better?

garath

Damn. Got the 52 drag down to 20k. No more souls and its bed time. Sent out a request for help but worst case I'll just tackle it in the morning. I feel like with a little bit of leveling I could do it in 2 souls now that I have Lindsey. Will keep working. Want that level 60 bad :)

JNA

Banned
Hang in there, I've been rerolling since Saturday and have only rolled two 4 stars, (Bernadette) twice. As a PAD vet, I know how important a first roll can be. This gacha rate is just brutal compared to PAD though. Is there something similar to Godfest where the rates are better?

Dang. :(

I wish I had a auto roller of some kind instead of constantly go through with this. I didn't realize how brutal the pulls here are.

garath

Stiltz, you are a scholar and a gentleman. :) thanks for the assist.

Dang. :(

I wish I had a auto roller of some kind instead of constantly go through with this. I didn't realize how brutal the pulls here are.

That's why I just said screw it and went on my way. I've saved up 500 prysma for a 10+1 pull when they do rate ups again. Hopefully that gets me another 5*. I do wish I got that initial 5* but I've been surviving without it

Krorg

In the end I lost as much health getting to the dragon as Elemia could recover so I switched to all soldiers and knights. It cost me an attack buff but it's worth it.

chrono01

No we are not friends I just checked! If you get some space let me know! I'm JomGAF in the game.
Sure thing.

I have three slots, so I can add you and two others here. I'll save a slot for you JomGAF, just tell me your in-game name so I know who to add. I'm currently running my Level 60 Aludra, but I'm working on my Lindsey now. She's Level 54 and I have the Grief Blade, but I might wait until the next event to equip her with it in-case I get the demon weapon as a drop. I haven't decided yet. I'll also LB her a couple of time in the next few days, hopefully reaching LB3 with her, preferably 4, but not sure I'll have enough rings to finish her before she leaves. If not, I'll finish it when she returns.

ID: 196,800,536
Name: Chrono

Quote this post this your in-game name so I know who to be-friend. d(^_^)v

Krorg

Sure thing.

I have three slots, so I can add you and two others here. I'll save a slot for you JomGAF, just tell me your in-game name so I know who to add. I'm currently running my Level 60 Aludra, but I'm working on my Lindsey now. She's Level 54 and I have the Grief Blade, but I might wait until the next event to equip her with it in-case I get the demon weapon as a drop. I haven't decided yet. I'll also LB her a couple of time in the next few days, hopefully reaching LB3 with her, preferably 4, but not sure I'll have enough rings to finish her before she leaves. If not, I'll finish it when she returns.

I sent a request. Name is krorg.

I'm waiting to equip the Grief Blade. I have no weapon enhancers so there is no point rushing.

chrono01

I sent a request. Name is krorg.

I'm waiting to equip the Grief Blade. I have no weapon enhancers so there is no point rushing.
And accepted! Two more [well one, since I'm saving a spot for JomGAF] left!

And yeah, it's not as though the content right now [after the demon invasion ends] needs the power of the Grief Blade. It'll be helpful for the next invasion for sure, but by then hopefully we'll have more weapon enhancers and everything to max it out. Will give us a project to do while we wait!

Jomjom

Banned
And accepted! Two more [well one, since I'm saving a spot for JomGAF] left!

And yeah, it's not as though the content right now [after the demon invasion ends] needs the power of the Grief Blade. It'll be helpful for the next invasion for sure, but by then hopefully we'll have more weapon enhancers and everything to max it out. Will give us a project to do while we wait!

Yay just sent the request. My name in-game is just JomGAF so you'll know it's me.

Who are you guys giving the grief blade to? I'm thinking either Lindsey or Parchelle personally.

chrono01

Yay just sent the request. My name in-game is just JomGAF so you'll know it's me.

Who are you guys giving the grief blade to? I'm thinking either Lindsey or Parchelle personally.
Lindsey is the prime candidate, since it's added to each of the nine hits in her special. Parchelle isn't a bad choice either, but given her "tankiness" a weapon that prioritizes defense might be better.

Also, accepted!

Krorg

Probably Lindsey but there’s no rush. For now I’ll probably put more effort toward levelling up Vienta.

Azusa

Sure thing.

AzuGAF

If you have one more free spot.

Merun

I have 3 spot left as well.Lindsey lvl 66 LB3. I should be able to finish the lvl 80 dragon today and focus on helping after.

Friend ID:127790346

PM or quote with your in game name else you will br drowned in the hundreds of friend request.

chrono01

AzuGAF

If you have one more free spot.
And added!

Oh, I also got [what I assume] is the 10x daily login bug. I received 10x 3* Holy Weapon Enhancer Arcana, which I promptly sold for 10x Fortune Rings. Not bad!

I'm at Level 76 [I think] and, as Merun, once I hit Level 80, I'll focus on helping/assisting others. Not going to try beyond Level 80, since the rewards don't seem worth it and I want to better help those who have helped me.

Spacejaws

Having read this thread without knowing a thing about Chain Chronicle it sounds like everybody is on crack.

Im debating wether to try it or not. Crack I mean.

Seriously though as a huge RPG fan would you recommend Chain Chronicle? What other games does it play like?

Azusa

Limited Bundles are available for 3 days to purchase with Prysma.

Special Invasion Pack 40 Prysma
Vigor Fruit x3
Stamina Fruit x3

Greenhorn Item Pack 60 Prysma
Stamina Fruit x5
Revival Fruit x5

Vigor Fruit Invasion Pack 140 Prysma
Vigor Fruit x15

Yaari

And added!

Oh, I also got [what I assume] is the 10x daily login bug. I received 10x 3* Holy Weapon Enhancer Arcana, which I promptly sold for 10x Fortune Rings. Not bad!

I'm at Level 76 [I think] and, as Merun, once I hit Level 80, I'll focus on helping/assisting others. Not going to try beyond Level 80, since the rewards don't seem worth it and I want to better help those who have helped me.

Damn. Between the 6* Kain card, and that one, theres some really "fortunate" bugs out there haha.

I don't remember getting anything significant from the daily gacha. I wonder if your pick is actually decided after picking a chest, rather than me constantly picking the wrong chest. It definitely doesnt seem like a 1 out of 6 thing.

I'm at 71 now. Taking 3 orbs per suicide run. 80 is also my goal but it will be a difficult task. Luckily I'm at least on schedule. Hope I can help some people out after that as well, not getting much coins anymore now that I can only run once per 2 hours.

Having read this thread without knowing a thing about Chain Chronicle it sounds like everybody is on crack.

Im debating wether to try it or not. Crack I mean.

Seriously though as a huge RPG fan would you recommend Chain Chronicle? What other games does it play like?

The RPG aspects aren't that deep, but the game is just fun. You can take out a few minutes to give it a try. It's not really time consuming either, especially since you can speed up runs. I think its labelled as a tower defense sort of game? But I have not really played anything like it so far. Between all the mobile games I've played its really fun though. I say give it a shot if you are interested.

garath

I envy you guys in the 70s :)

Still, I feel pretty good for less than a week playing. I'm hitting a pretty big wall in the 50s here. If it weren't for Stiltz and Merun I'd probably still be stuck on lvl 52. It's taking me 3-4 souls per run.

I actually just adopted the no-healer approach with 1 soul and it seems to be going better. Who knew? The advantage is a non stop spam of Lindsey specials. No healer mana to get in the way.

My goal is 60 then I know I'm done. I don't have the party to go higher than that for sure. I'm just hoping for the grief sword for my new Lindsey. Would go a long way to making up for me not re-rolling a 5* to start.

This game is so addicting lol.

Limited Bundles are available for 3 days to purchase with Prysma.

Special Invasion Pack 40 Prysma
Vigor Fruit x3
Stamina Fruit x3

Greenhorn Item Pack 60 Prysma
Stamina Fruit x5
Revival Fruit x5

Vigor Fruit Invasion Pack 140 Prysma
Vigor Fruit x15

Hmm.. That's pretty interesting. The cheap vigor and stamina fruit one might help the quest to level 60...

garath

Yes! Finally beat level 50 Dragon and got Katarith.

Is she any good?

You can hold on to her unless you have a specific goal with the 20 rings from selling her. She's good but it appears that her abilities do not synergize well. She has regen and abilities that activate after she's low on health. But she's also an archer. It's a little confusing.

I sold her because it put me at the 70 rings I needed for Lindsey who has been wonderful in my soldier team.

You can hold on to her unless you have a specific goal with the 20 rings from selling her. She's good but it appears that her abilities do not synergize well. She has regen and abilities that activate after she's low on health. But she's also an archer. It's a little confusing.

I sold her because it put me at the 70 rings I needed for Lindsey who has been wonderful in my soldier team.

Hmm I guess I'll keep her until I need her for rings. Right now I have emma as an archer so I was thinking of Katarith has better stats than Emma.

Yes! Finally beat level 50 Dragon and got Katarith.

Is she any good?
Good to sell for fortune rings. You can keep if you are a collector but she is not worth it. However you should probably keep the next demon raid character though.

Archers are not as good as soldiers and Knights. Also you should try to avoid having mixed teams.

Good to sell for fortune rings. You can keep if you are a collector but she is not worth it. However you should probably keep the next demon raid character though.

Archers are not as good as soldiers and Knights. Also you should try to avoid having mixed teams.
Cool. I'll have to hold on to her until I can get a good team of soldiers/knights fielded.

Yaari

I beat the 73 stage and did my 10 DC roll, and I got 3 2* Enhancers in a row. I thought that was pretty funny.

I'm pretty sure I can make 80 now. I use 3 orbs per stage, and I can use 4 if I really have to. Besides, I also still have my Vigor Fruit for if it gets really nasty.

garath

With this new no healer approach, I can definitely do the 50s with 3 souls. Provided I have Zephyr or Merun friends available. I need that sweet sweet 7k attack. Yaari friend is a good fallback too as it keeps the red mana spam for my lindsey.

This is a long road. I'm not at all constrained by AP right now. I'm tempted just to do a few extra quests to keep the xp flowing.

Yaari

I've hit a hard wall with the level 40 dragon. I wouldn't even be able to beat him doing 2 3 soul attempts.

That's one of the biggest challenges though. Stages after him have far less HP again. So don't be too discouraged. Got any friends to ask for help perhaps? Should be some people out there looking to help others at this point.

Edit: Got my 3rd Robby card during this event. I've been selling them though, but I thought it was pretty funny haha.

Yaari

When people ask for help, do they mind if you take the killing blow or do they just want you to do some damage?

garath

I'm doing Level 60 dragon now. Man. Don't know what I would have done without the help of Merun and Stiltz. These guys have helped so much.

Work got in the way today so I mistimed my AP souls and rank up so I've got 4 tries instead of a bundle. I might have to use a vigor fruit for this. Going to though. It's worth it for the sword.

I'm all for helping anyone else. I've even taken chunks off of level 65+ dragons lol (not much but I helped!)

edit: ARGHHHHH. The stupid thing bugged out again. Merun helped me again but now it's showing as 1hp despite our total damage being more than the hp. I think it happened because we were attacking at the same time or something. Ughhh.. Now it's stuck until it expires in 48min :(

JNA

Banned
I feel like giving up rerolling at this point and just stick with the three stars I have.

Will I survive? 0_0

Bombless

Thanks for helping me (Dragos) out guys, passed the 40 victories point. It's getting close to impossible to progress now though >_<

I feel like giving up rerolling at this point and just stick with the three stars I have.

Will I survive? 0_0

Yeah, you will. It's not the end of the world, far from it.

garath

Thanks for helping me (Dragos) out guys, passed the 40 victories point. It's getting close to impossible to progress now though >_<

A couple things I did to really jump start my progress:

- I took a look at my party. Replaced all the starter arcana with 3*s (and Dusty) and focused on only soldiers with a single healer
- Did some high xp quests on the side to level up my new 3* characters
- Changed my demon attack party into a soldier suicide squad. Basically dropped the healer and focused on spamming my highest damage red mana attack with all the red mana that drops from a single color party

It's how I took my average level 25 party to demon 50. Post 50 I've been getting a lot of help or just using 3-4 souls.

Merun

edit: ARGHHHHH. The stupid thing bugged out again. Merun helped me again but now it's showing as 1hp despite our total damage being more than the hp. I think it happened because we were attacking at the same time or something. Ughhh.. Now it's stuck until it expires in 48min :(

That sucks >.< I helped someone too with 1hp left on their dragon. In the end the dragon started with full health, and all the damage I did amounted to 0. I don't know if anyone even got their coins.

Will I survive? 0_0

You didn't roll any 4* and kept the account? Otherwise, it's possible to start with 3*. You just need to be smart about your team and how you handle your AP.

I also finished off the lvl 80 dragon. 4 orbs and 1 revival fruit. That was tough.

Will I survive? 0_0

NO. At least get a four star. Three stars are sadly worthless, i mean they are good filler and you could technically beat the game with 2 stars only, but it will make the game extremely frustrating. Aim for a four star solder and call it quits if you are nearly given up rerolling.

Also if you get a high rated character you can transfer the account as back up and reroll as well.

Yaari

Yeah JNA, keep trying. You will be glad you did, even though it is not as fun right now.
It will be much easier to get on friendlists, all of that, it is incredibly difficult to get good friends when you lead with a 3*.

Merun

Yeah JNA, keep trying. You will be glad you did, even though it is not as fun right now.
It will be much easier to get on friendlists, all of that, it is incredibly difficult to get good friends when you lead with a 3*.

I rerolled because no one would accept my friend request. With a UR, it's like being in the VIP club ^^;

JNA

Banned
Yeah, you will. It's not the end of the world, far from it.

Ok great! That's good to know cause this is really breaking m-

You didn't roll any 4* and kept the account? Otherwise, it's possible to start with 3*. You just need to be smart about your team and how you handle your AP.

NO. At least get a four star. Three stars are sadly worthless, i mean they are good filler and you could technically beat the game with 2 stars only, but it will make the game extremely frustrating. Aim for a four star solder and call it quits if you are nearly given up rerolling.

Also if you get a high rated character you can transfer the account as back up and reroll as well.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yI6VXlNRrI0

garath

That sucks >.< I helped someone too with 1hp left on their dragon. In the end the dragon started with full health, and all the damage I did amounted to 0. I don't know if anyone even got their coins.

Yeah. It looks like I might have gotten the coins for it but definitely not the grief sword. I actually just did another mission to fill the time and another level 60 demon popped up -_-.

I don't think I have enough souls to kill it lol. I took a chunk and invited more friends to help haha. This time I'm staying away from it for a half hour. Stupid bug.

Yaari

My 78 Dragon has 50k hp left. Hopefully there will be a good friend up in 12 minutes because I only have 3 minutes to kill it after that.

Merun

Yeah. It looks like I might have gotten the coins for it but definitely not the grief sword. I actually just did another mission to fill the time and another level 60 demon popped up -_-.

I don't think I have enough souls to kill it lol. I took a chunk and invited more friends to help haha. This time I'm staying away from it for a half hour. Stupid bug.

And it's dead now ;)

garath

And it's dead now ;)

Holy crap. You are the man! Seriously.. Thank you so much. You basically carried me though the 50s lol.

Grief sword! Now to use on Lindsey or not.... :p Someone said there's another sword coming up that could be better on her? She's my best char by far so maybe it's best.

Also have two 3* blade enhancers in waiting.. mmm

Oh I need to add more GAFers on the game anyone got free space? Friend ID:196662112 Billy currently using Kain cause wanna finish off his story when I get 40 but trying to build a better Knight is taking a while with Kain being 32 and everyone else really low.

Think I'll need to get rid of some people who haven't played in a while though.

Yaari

Holy crap. You are the man! Seriously.. Thank you so much. You basically carried me though the 50s lol.

Grief sword! Now to use on Lindsey or not.... :p Someone said there's another sword coming up that could be better on her? She's my best char by far so maybe it's best.

Also have two 3* blade enhancers in waiting.. mmm

Apparently it will be a sword rewarded in there that does damage on that particular Demon. So it will be a stepping stone to the Grief Sword, if I am correct. I think I'll save it for later, so the Grief Sword goes to Lindsay a little later.

78 Dragon down. I have 2 fruits left for 79 and 80. Hope its enough.

Top Bottom