• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Lucis

Wow didn't know there's a CC thread on gaf...

I just spent another 10k JPY on the japanese version for next week's majin, and I only got 2 freaking copy of the twin sword knight ><

F
M
L

(goes and buys another 10k JPY itune card)

Pbae

How are you leveling them up? I sure hope you're not using 1* enhancers anymore. After they go past level 15 I find 1* enhancers pretty useless and then 2* lose their use after they go past level 40 unless you use half a dozen or more of them. You should just wait for the daily quests by this point and cross your fingers hoping to get a 3*!

I look though all my arcanas and the ones that look the strongest I merge with my main characters.

I'm a non-IAP player so I try to level up the two star arcana and fuse them to my main. I usually have a decent stock of gold but this demon raid gutted the reserves.

garath

Dang sold off my Donnel Eddy oh well he'll be back

Ah will keep them around then good thing I'm low on money would've merged them XD

Hmmm gotta level them up then -___-;

You can check if they have more than one quest through the Menu->Allies screen. If they just have one and it's already accessible, sell away.

Third 20 AP Daily, stage 4 dropped every time. Easy Rings.

So wait, you did the same 20 AP quest 3 times today and got a ring every time? Damn. I'm missing out.

Garath I have to leave for a while so I can't help in the meanwhile. We can continue later.

No worries. I THINK I can do the current one myself. Don't really want to use a vigor fruit yet if I can avoid it. Going to be a 4 soul. Even the normal mobs are starting to kick my no-healer party pretty hard and sometimes I lose them early and don't get a good chunk on the dragon. Sigh.

JNA

Banned
Yes, if you collect all the chests in a daily quest you get a fortune ring. The 20AP quest also gives out a 3* enhancer on the boss round that you can sell for 1 fortune ring.

How do I collect all the chests in a daily quest? I still have one ? Box remaining.

garath

How do I collect all the chests in a daily quest? I still have one ? Box remaining.

Just keep trying. It'll drop eventually. I've had days where I try 7-8 times to get all 4 boxes and just today I got all 4 in a single drop.

edit: Nope. I can't do the 69 dragon by myself. Up to 3 souls and it has 72k left. I can do 62 at best. Oh well.

Aki-at

I look though all my arcanas and the ones that look the strongest I merge with my main characters.

I'm a non-IAP player so I try to level up the two star arcana and fuse them to my main. I usually have a decent stock of gold but this demon raid gutted the reserves.

There's your problem, merging character arcanas with other arcanas is completely useless. It's good when you have a low level one that you want to quickly one to bump up but using them to level up characters that are well past their teens will have little experience, it's best to just sell them. The 1* soldier/mage etc enhancer is better than any 1* character whilst the 2* enhancer is x4 the experience of the 1* one so that should tell how useless character arcanas are.

I haven't dropped a single penny in the game but I managed to get 3 Nimpha friends which help me out A LOT on the dailes, that be your best bet to increase experience or look for enhancers on a free quest (The Spark of Battle in the Sage's Tower drops a 1* soldier enhancer everytime.)

Random drops, if you can try to get a Nimpha friend, she's got an ability that increases the likelihood of chest drops at level 60. I've managed to get 5 3* enhancer in one day thanks to them!

Azusa

I have just unlocked Arietta second skill. Very good healing range, covers almost all battlefield.

YEwlSfR.png

MqvdjHJ.png

Pbae

Damn, I am running out of space for characters.

Just pulled a Melvina from demon pull and don't know if I should sell her for rings or keep her for her poison heal since I already have a Arietta.

I'm also thinking about selling Katarith too.

Aki-at

Damn, I am running out of space for characters.

Just pulled a Melvina from demon pull and don't know if I should sell her for rings or keep her for her poison heal since I already have a Arietta.

I'm also thinking about selling Katarith too.

A tip for you and everyone else. When you do ANY kind of pull make sure your arcana limit is at full, this way any rare characters you get can end up in your storage (That can fit up to 200, be careful though cause if it goes over that it deletes the oldest.) if you need time to decide should you keep them or not.

This is where the cheap 1* characters come in hand, I always fill up my arcana limit with them before doing any pull. I've got a Clarice waiting in storage/the present box until I had the units needed to utlize her properly.

(Personally I'd get rid of Melvina if you're short of space. Arietta trounces her thanks to having a larger healing area)

garath

Azusa your healer is amazing and the only reason i'm still able to do the event

I second that. Azusa's healer is incredible. I haven't thought to use her on the demons though. I may do that for this nasty 69 with a 3 soul. Might be the best approach.

Sucks. I did two of the 20ap dailies in a row and no boss drop :( That's the one I need too. Sigh.

Pbae

A tip for you and everyone else. When you do ANY kind of pull make sure your arcana limit is at full, this way any rare characters you get can end up in your storage (That can fit up to 200, be careful though cause if it goes over that it deletes the oldest.) if you need time to decide should you keep them or not.

This is where the cheap 1* characters come in hand, I always fill up my arcana limit with them before doing any pull. I've got a Clarice waiting in storage/the present box until I had the units needed to utlize her properly.

(Personally I'd get rid of Melvina if you're short of space. Arietta trounces her thanks to having a larger healing area)

But that poison heal!

From the other chain of chronicles forums,

They suggest in the long run you are better off farming Arcane coins because in v2.0 (we don't know when it will be released) 2000 Arcane = guranteed 3* which translates into big money.

Not sure if I am allow to post a link but Guide

Shingo379

Neo Member
I'm a pretty recent newcomer to this game and only been playing for a week. I pulled Cheery as my reroll during the magic academy event but her attack stat seems low so far. Looking for any new friends in this game.

Friend ID is 103,893,869 and name is Shingo.

Bombless

I have just unlocked Arietta second skill. Very good healing range, covers almost all battlefield.

Whoa, dat range! Hoping I pull her from the Holy Capital with my 500 prysma pull (when I get there haha). Melvina will do in the meantime.

Aki-at

But that poison heal!

Probably because none of my characters have died from poison outside of Titan's Cave that I'm kind of ambivalent to her haha. It might play a bigger deal in later chapters though, her unique ability makes her harder to dispose of unlike other 3* healers like Johann.

(She's also the best healer I have ;__;)

They suggest in the long run you are better off farming Arcane coins because in v2.0 (we don't know when it will be released) 2000 Arcane = guranteed 3* which translates into big money.

Yeah I'm sitting on 50,000 worth of coins for this, hopefully the next time Lindsey and Deed become available I'll have enough fortune rings to limit break both of them!

JNA

Banned
Since it's a new page, thought i would put my friend ID again. XD

Now I think I'm at a point where the demon fights are getting difficult. I'll have to wait for my soul and stamina to recharge a bit but if any one of you...strong...capable people to want to help little me, you will have my love and affection! :D

Friend ID: 191588956
Name: JNA

I'll be heading to lv 18 soon. Although now I can't kill her with just one soul anymore sadly. :(

When does 2.0 come out? Cause I just spent all my arcana coins, trying to pull cards to help level up my soldiers. I'm really struggling with demon raids level 58 - 60.

Also, I just got a flame sword. Should I save it for a really good character or just use it on my current soldiers? I'm using Hero, Ryubia, Haraoki for soldiers right now.

Also have Robby for another sword user.

garath

Mm. This guide is pretty informative. Looks like I'm going to grind Spark of Battle for a bit. I need to level up my Lindsey some more and finally get Kain to 40 for that sword. Not to mention I just grabbed Haruaki which would help on this demon event.

Aki-at

Another great thing about Spark of Battle is other than it always drop the 1* soldier enhancer, you'll find Marga there which is essential for any Titan's Cave run.

Since she's a 2* character she gets a 2.5x boost once you've done the other Titan's Mountain free quest. So her max attack and HP goes from 3730/3680 to 9325/9200 and then she gets an additional stat boost for fighting in caves that increases her attack and defence! : D

KimChi

Yeah I'm sitting on 50,000 worth of coins for this, hopefully the next time Lindsey and Deed become available I'll have enough fortune rings to limit break both of them!

So Lindsey and Deed are for sure going to be rotated back in for the ring exchange? Thought this would be the only chance to get them, good to know. Waiting on souls to regen and will be fighting lvl50 dragon soon woo.

garath

Another great thing about Spark of Battle is other than it always drop the 1* soldier enhancer, you'll find Marga there which is essential for any Titan's Cave run.

Since she's a 2* character she gets a 2.5x boost once you've done the other Titan's Mountain free quest. So her max attack and HP goes from 3730/3680 to 9325/9200 and then she gets an additional stat boost for fighting in caves that increases her attack and defence! : D

wtf. a 9k attack 2*??

Damn. I'm guessing Titan's mountain is later in the story line? I'm only up to going to the library in sage's tower or something.

Yaari

Used my Vigor for 83 just to get it over with. Finally done for real now, and will chip at all dragons I'm being requested to.

So I was just using a guest Alvert, and he was fighting a boss a lane above him. I used his skill, but it missed completely. Didn't connect.

That's good to know.

Aki-at

So Lindsey and Deed are for sure going to be rotated back in for the ring exchange? Thought this would be the only chance to get them, good to know. Waiting on souls to regen and will be fighting lvl50 dragon soon woo.

I've read that's what happened for the Japanese version, so fingers crossed Gumi doesn't deviate from the schedule.

Congrats on getting to level 50! Holding off using the Grief sword on Lindsey just yet to see what the next demon raid weapon might be.

wtf. a 9k attack 2*??

Damn. I'm guessing Titan's mountain is later in the story line? I'm only up to going to the library in sage's tower or something.

Ops, my mistake heh! The area is actually called Mystic Mountains and you can find it in the Holy Kingdom just above the Holy Capital. You can try it now but be warned you'll probably get pummeled. The mission Titan's Cave features a *gulp* 50 wave strong onslaught with all the best fighters in the game (From Robby to Alundra.) and upon completion you get a 5* character card. It's an optional quest so you can ignore it if you want.

Just for reference I have a Lvl 50 Dusty, Lvl 48 Latty, Lvl 47 Marga and Lvl 41 Lynda + a Lvl 48 Dusty friend (Combined attack force of just over 50k) and B level weapons and I still can't get past wave 39! Getting there though, combination of luck and maybe leveling Marga and Lynda to their maximum should give me the attack boost to take it to the last round.

Yaari

Well all of us now need something else to do so lets get Garath to 80. But we need to schedule properly so it doesnt bug. So both me and Azusa should use only 1 orb. We cant have 2 people killing it at the same time. It will bug. Killing as in the final blow.

JNA

Banned
Thanks to the guy that helped me clear LV 18 demon. :D

Now only 32 more lvs to go! XD With help, I could hopefully clear each level with one soul but we'll see.

Question: are they any quests where I get very little exp but get the demon to come out? I wanted to see if I can get one soul out of the way before I rank up.

garath

Finally its done. Thanks Yaari and garath.

Now I will be helping others too. I don't see a point to continue further with my weak team.

Woot! Gratz. I saw that 26k left and didn't want anyone to have to vigor fruit for it. I can definitely do 26k lol

Well all of us now need something else to do so lets get Garath to 80. But we need to schedule properly so it doesnt bug. So both me and Azusa should use only 1 orb. We cant have 2 people killing it at the same time. It will bug. Killing as in the final blow.

Ha. Well there's 20k or so left on the level 70 dragon. I guess anything is possible. I'm really struggling now. Leveling Lindsey as quick as possible. Her grief sword and Merun's lindsey as a friend is the only reason I'm hanging in there with 50-60k damage. 13 minutes till I get my next soul and I'll finish that 70 off.

Azusa

Now only 32 more lvs to go! XD With help, I could hopefully clear each level with one soul but we'll see.

Question: are they any quests where I get very little exp but get the demon to come out? I wanted to see if I can get one soul out of the way before I rank up.

Daily 10 AP quest gives you only 150 exp.

Aki-at

Not sure if this was posted but since we're on the subject, here's a list of all the free quests in the current version, their drops and experience.

Ah ok cool.

10 AP tho...damn that's alot. :(

Vice Capital, Breezeway and Winged Heights all have a 4AP quest with 250 experience.

garath

Omg. Epic fail lol!!

I only needed to do 26k damage to the level 70 demon.. but somehow I let half of my team die getting TO the dragon and I only managed to do 3k damage. I'm speechless. Whoops. How did that even happen haha. I usually burn through the early mobs on 2x speed and micro out people that are getting beat up too much but I missed and suddenly two people died. Oh jeez.

Hmm.. I'll just have to keep a real close eye on it. I have a 2 minute 19 second window between my soul refresh and the dragon expiring.

edit: Thanks Yaari :) Level 70 down. This is really hard for my party now. It's only through awesome friends that I've gotten this far.

Lindsey - level 30
Ryubia - level 24
Dusty - level 29
Hero - level 24

Subs
Iris - level 12 (lolol)
Kain - level 32

If I use my healer (Latty - Level 19) then I don't have enough dps to even take a chunk out of the dragon. It's all suicide squad and micro'ing people out. The hero's special to heal between waves is actually super useful.

KimChi

Omg. Epic fail lol!!
lol i've messed up like that a few times myself really sucks ><
doesn't help that I mainly auto battle and have the battles go 2x speed, stopped doing that after the first fail I got lol.

If you can add Merun, krorg or someone with a lindsey I think its doable for you.

Much thanks to Merun and krorg carrying me to lvl50 haha, think lvl60 might be doable at this rate, took 2 souls to take down lvl50 dragon and first soul I can do 70k damage.

garath

I will welcome any help that can carry me to lv 50 as fast as possible. 0_0

Feel free to add me. Just let me know what your ingame name is. I just ranked up and got 5 more slots.

If I manage to somehow hit 80 I'll be doing nothing but helping. But my Lindsey should help you just as a friend too.

JNA

Banned
Feel free to add me. Just let me know what your ingame name is. I just ranked up and got 5 more slots.

If I manage to somehow hit 80 I'll be doing nothing but helping. But my Lindsey should help you just as a friend too.

Just sent ya one. :D

Sadly I already started the Dragon battle with only one soul left like an idiot. :(

I should probably just save my souls for the next battle unless the help comes in on time.

Aki-at

I will welcome any help that can carry me to lv 50 as fast as possible. 0_0

I've got a level 61 Lindsey, fell free to add me, I've only got one slot left heh.

Name: Ark
ID: 164568728

Let me know what your name is so I know who you are i the Friend Notifications.

Top Bottom