• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Azusa

I wonder who the lucky person who was able to snatch the position of "roleplaying a fairy on social media"

Pirika is a fun gal though, everything is better than that MINA SAMA!! guy who posts memes on his mobage Facebook, can't remember what the game was though.
Merc storia maybe?

garath

Hmm. Well looks like I err'd a bit. Bought Nina thinking that her special will be best against the bow demon compared to my lb2 armilus but I didn't note nina's special is 3 mana compared to armilus' 2 mana. Looking at the damage chart, armilus at lb2 is more mana efficient at 7869 damage per mana than lb0 Nina at 6933 damage per mana. Nina doesn't bridge the gap until lb2 herself where she is 8133 damage per mana.

I'm not upset at having Nina. I think she'll still help quite a bit but armilus will get my first bow and be my leader for the event. I may try to pick up some more Nina copies though. Haven't decided.

Quixzlizx

Hmm. Well looks like I err'd a bit. Bought Nina thinking that her special will be best against the bow demon compared to my lb2 armilus but I didn't note nina's special is 3 mana compared to armilus' 2 mana. Looking at the damage chart, armilus at lb2 is more mana efficient at 7869 damage per mana than lb0 Nina at 6933 damage per mana. Nina doesn't bridge the gap until lb2 herself where she is 8133 damage per mana.

I'm not upset at having Nina. I think she'll still help quite a bit but armilus will get my first bow and be my leader for the event. I may try to pick up some more Nina copies though. Haven't decided.

I'm actually going to have a full dancer team for the event, so I'm hoping Frau + Roxanna + Musica + Nina pulverizes the demon in one shot for awhile.

I haven't had any UR pulls since Musica, but getting Roxanna last week was pretty good.

garath

I'm actually going to have a full dancer team for the event, so I'm hoping Frau + Roxanna + Musica + Nina pulverizes the demon in one shot for awhile.

I haven't had any UR pulls since Musica, but getting Roxanna last week was pretty good.

Dammit. I wish I had musica.

bonkeng

So guys, what are your party set up for Rasphia?

I'm planning to use an all archer team, if the damage for the raid weapon is like the spear raid.

I dont have a single 5* archer, but I do have some LB'd 4*.

Tif 65/65 my main damage dealer (Nina surpasses my Tif only if LB3, but I'm running low on rings)
Linia 70/70 for wave heal and mana training
Korona 55/55 mana training
Clarice 50/50 for Mob clearing or
Yawood 60/60 for blocking?
Musica friend

If raid weapon damage is like mace raid (Sapras), then I'm screwed. Maybe Full knight team instead and hope have enough Aurora friend.

garath

I'm on the fence. I have two 5* archers and a handful of 3*. I COULD field a full team of archers and see how it goes but knowing the way demon raids go having some defense on the front line is valuable. I'm thinking either:

MLB Selene
MLB Lindsey
Lb2 armilus
Lb0 Nina

Or replace Selene with Frau perhaps. Or just have Frau in the subs for the mana spin. It'd be nice to have full Archer mana and just spam the heck out of armilus to bring down the boss but at 15k per skill its not going to drop fast.

I really don't know.

Edit: I do have a millagen. Her song makes frost attacks do more damage. I wonder if her plus Frau plus armilus would do a nice chunk of damage. Might need to try it

Gizuko

I'm on the fence. I have two 5* archers and a handful of 3*. I COULD field a full team of archers and see how it goes but knowing the way demon raids go having some defense on the front line is valuable. I'm thinking either:

MLB Selene
MLB Lindsey
Lb2 armilus
Lb0 Nina

Or replace Selene with Frau perhaps. Or just have Frau in the subs for the mana spin. It'd be nice to have full Archer mana and just spam the heck out of armilus to bring down the boss but at 15k per skill its not going to drop fast.

I really don't know.

Edit: I do have a millagen. Her song makes frost attacks do more damage. I wonder if her plus Frau plus armilus would do a nice chunk of damage. Might need to try it

If you can chain a freeze (armilus) into a high damage skill (selene's or nina's) you might actually have an easy time even if your team isn't optimal.

By the way, I wouldn't field Frau unless you are fielding an Aurora. I don't think that 5% buff for Lind vs a decent archer with the event weapon is a nice trade-off (though you might as well ignore this if you have 2 decent sp buffers already).

You might want to consider using corona instead of a soldier for mana training and sacrificing her to procc Aurora's revenge buff, if you can loan/get one.

Kettch

According to the JPCC information over here, the bow only does 50% bonus damage, like the Sapuras raid.

I wouldn't say that it's guaranteed though. We did get 4x damage for our BF raid, so maybe Gumi listened to complaints about the mace and will change up the number this time.

Quixzlizx

According to the JPCC information over here, the bow only does 50% bonus damage, like the Sapuras raid.

I wouldn't say that it's guaranteed though. We did get 4x damage for our BF raid, so maybe Gumi listened to complaints about the mace and will change up the number this time.

If the raid weapon is back to being useless, then I wasted 70 rings on Nina, since that means I'm going to be relying on event character friends for damage.

garath

If you can chain a freeze (armilus) into a high damage skill (selene's or nina's) you might actually have an easy time even if your team isn't optimal.

By the way, I wouldn't field Frau unless you are fielding an Aurora. I don't think that 5% buff for Lind vs a decent archer with the event weapon is a nice trade-off (though you might as well ignore this if you have 2 decent sp buffers already).

You might want to consider using corona instead of a soldier for mana training and sacrificing her to procc Aurora's revenge buff, if you can loan/get one.

I do have a korona. Just pulled her from honor summon actually. Mana training plus fodder is nice. Don't have an aurora unfortunately. I agree with Frau. She only passively buffs knights and soldiers. Better to have another 3* Archer.

If the raid weapon is back to being useless, then I wasted 70 rings on Nina, since that means I'm going to be relying on event character friends for damage.

I will have wasted 70 rings on Nina too. Annoying. And I just used all my tickets so no event char for me either.

Azusa

I will have wasted 70 rings on Nina too. Annoying. And I just used all my tickets so no event char for me either.

Nina has a great kizuna - blind immunity. I cant tell why its great, but many players from CC forum strongly recommend to take one copy just for that.

BJK

If memory serves, CC global has always varied the strength of raid weapons vs JP. I don't think we're going to know until the event starts.

Not sure whether to try a modified dancer team (1 archer, Roxanna, Frau, Juliana...since raid character is a knight) or going with something more conventional (Nina MLB...if I get there, Selene LB3, Coro LB3, Armilus LB2, w/ Frau & Juliana sub). Leaning towards the latter, since I don't think my new Roxanna is ready to do enough damage to get me to high-level boss waves.

Nina has a great kizuna - blind immunity. I cant tell why its great, but many players from CC forum strongly recommend to take one copy just for that.

if your archers get blinded, they can't attack so having blind immunity is great ~_~

also v2 enjoys debuffing your units like no tomorrow

Aki-at

Kind of surprised to return and find Gareth didn't get a 5* Is our spiritual bond finally broken? :<

So from the looks of it, it'd be better getting a MLB Deed and going with a soldier team + event friend then a team of archers/MLB Nina.

Team is half ready but going to switch over and get my Deed to the maximum level.

Is the current honor token character worth getting or should I wait for whomever is next? I finally have enough tokens; should I spend them?

Last 10 pull I did I got all 3* and 2 3* enhancers.

Doesn't seem worth it.

Kettch

Yeah, the honor token character, Goryou, is actually really good, but it's a gacha system. So it's extremely unlikely to get him. Data for the overall odds of what you can pull is over here. And it's not pretty.

Also, I'm up to 848k acrana coins. 1272 rings, minus a few because of enhancers, if all goes to plan. That'll be fun.

h0tp0ck3t

Screenshot_2015-09-08-18-59-11_zpsdxlu9622.png

Holy fuck! Is this real life or am I dreaming?

In jpcc, is Aoi considered better than Lilith? Since she can cure all dubuffs?

different uses

in jpcc, Aoi's a burst healer that can cure weakness and gives a defense buff for 30 secs, so she's actually better in global since she becomes a HoT that cures debuffs every heal lol

lilith is still considered the best healer if you don't want to die since her HoT lasts for such a long time lol

the one other ssr cleric everyone likes is Trelancia since she's the best for demon raids

bonkeng

different uses

in jpcc, Aoi's a burst healer that can cure weakness and gives a defense buff for 30 secs, so she's actually better in global since she becomes a HoT that cures debuffs every heal lol

lilith is still considered the best healer if you don't want to die since her HoT lasts for such a long time lol

the one other ssr cleric everyone likes is Trelancia since she's the best for demon raids

I see. Since you mentioned that v2 becomes a debuffing hell, i thought Aoi would be better-suited.

I hope v2 comes soon enough. I'm a bit bored just running daily quest everyday now lol.

Edit: Did another 5 pulls. Got Velnar and Elemia. Definitely the best event pulls for me so far.

Rixa

I see. Since you mentioned that v2 becomes a debuffing hell, i thought Aoi would be better-suited.

I hope v2 comes soon enough. I'm a bit bored just running daily quest everyday now lol.

Edit: Did another 5 pulls. Got Velnar and Elemia. Definitely the best event pulls for me so far.

^^ Gratz for Velnar, hopefully you get another one since the 2nd ability quest opens at lvl 65.

If Gumi doesnt nerf Liam stats & abilities, Iam trying to get MLB Liam. And them I might try Gauntlet again with my mage team.

Aludra, Bilgitto, Nelva, Liam
-> 4 mana before starting roll, means tha Liam can aoe 2 times. And if needed Bilgitto can shoot missile before Liams first ( then get mana from roll to 2nd aoe that should give 1.5x damage to slowed enemy).

But Gumi being Gumi, it all depends Liams stats & possible nerfing.

bonkeng

^^ Gratz for Velnar, hopefully you get another one since the 2nd ability quest opens at lvl 65.

If Gumi doesnt nerf Liam stats & abilities, Iam trying to get MLB Liam. And them I might try Gauntlet again with my mage team.

Aludra, Bilgitto, Nelva, Liam
-> 4 mana before starting roll, means tha Liam can aoe 2 times. And if needed Bilgitto can shoot missile before Liams first ( then get mana from roll to 2nd aoe that should give 1.5x damage to slowed enemy).

But Gumi being Gumi, it all depends Liams stats & possible nerfing.

Liam should be able to replace Cheery as Aludra's tag team combo.

I have the same set up with you,

Aludra + Liam + Elemia + Bilgitto.

Should be easier than Brewery, as Brewery needs to time it perfectly.

Azusa

Burned all my remaining prysma.

Four 3* and two 4*: Elemia and Celeya.

Celeya is a trash tier healer but Elemia skill is not that bad I think.

Stider

Was hoping for Aoi but got a 2nd Lilith instead :) Liam will make a good addition to my aoe mage team. Cleora, Liam, Cheery and Aludra, 8 mana for 4 fullscreen aoe lol

Edit: Doing a few more draws, in 2 draws: Mei then another Lilith :) LB2 now also got Roxanna and Adelle 3 draws later

Rixa

Was hoping for Aoi but got a 2nd Lilith instead :) Liam will make a good addition to my aoe mage team. Cleora, Liam, Cheery and Aludra, 8 mana for 4 fullscreen aoe lol

If you get 8 manas then its ofc 4 skills cause one skill uses 2 mana. But in the start of fight you have 2 mana (not counting first roll).

bonkeng

Edit: Doing a few more draws, in 2 draws: Mei then another Lilith :) LB2 now also got Roxanna and Adelle 3 draws later

Rain of death. Nobody will challenge you in colo.

But putting Liam and Cheery in one team is redundant IMO.

BTW, how many UR did you pull? And how many pulls in all?

Seems like the rate for this event is higher than before.

Stider

But putting Liam and Cheery in one team is redundant IMO.

BTW, how many UR did you pull? And how many pulls in all?

Seems like the rate for this event is higher than before.

Did about 12 draws this time for 2 UR and 3 SR. Lilith from earlier was 1st draw.

Why nobody would? Using single type teams and some extra mana you can ignore the first special using invulnerability frames and the death of the rest of the team means that you can keep spawning specials until every mage is dead. The only times I fail colo is when I forget that I am playing colo and use auto 2x.

global Aoi would probably be better suited

but with kizuna and knowing what debuffs come at you, just outhealing the damage with Lilith is a completely viable strategy lol

Azusa

I have so many 4* and 5* arcana but I'm still using my Lindsey, Sulstan and Coro to clear all content. I have added Frau to the main party instead of random warrior. I can't remember when I last time used my healer.

Aki-at

So far I've found the amount of drops ridiculously high, like a 3* enhancer almost every second try. It's much better than the daily I feel.

Krorg

global Aoi would probably be better suited

but with kizuna and knowing what debuffs come at you, just outhealing the damage with Lilith is a completely viable strategy lol

There is Toa now as well with a one mana heal that cures debuffs. Probably the best overall healer right now.

There is Toa now as well with a one mana heal that cures debuffs. Probably the best overall healer right now.

her only real negative is that she's in the very last tavern released so far so once you are able to get her, there's not much out (right now) to use her ~_~

Gizuko

Man, speaking of debuffs, I wish I had Alicia, Nina and the new CoS gunner.

Running a self-debuffing team must be so much fun.

Gizuko

The new shining collab units look great, and it seems we get 2 free 4*. I'm getting tired of pulling clerics already, though :(

Also, they added 5 tickets for 25 FR each, and 20 for 50 FR (event, not FR overhaul related, it seems, since they didn't change SF's cost).

Man, speaking of debuffs, I wish I had Alicia, Nina and the new CoS gunner.

Running a self-debuffing team must be so much fun.

crazy and fun

--------------------------------

did some pulls, got two of the 5 stars in the second gatcha, really not sure how useful? they'll be in the upcoming raid

with over 10 event characters spread over two gatchas, I pretty much feel most of them will end up useless in the raid after a certain point and its back to dancing all night

Top Bottom