• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Gizuko

crazy and fun

--------------------------------

did some pulls, got two of the 5 stars in the second gatcha, really not sure how useful? they'll be in the upcoming raid

with over 10 event characters spread over two gatchas, I pretty much feel most of them will end up useless in the raid after a certain point and its back to dancing all night

Worry not, Sega took that into account and blessed us with a pocket, 4*, Trelancia (cleric on the bottom gacha).

Because, giving a huge attack boost to a cleric is a smart move. Afterall, Trelancia can barely keep up when using two souls and 1 soul tries are all about survival. /s
She'd make a fine non-event character, though.

Am cranky because I just pulled two copies.

--------------------------

Edit: They wen't full subjugation on this one! Seems there are two "demons", so to speak. One you can get through chest drops, ala Fuuko, and the other one through DC pulls, much like Y.Phoena.

Don't like this new trend, I'll wait to see the drop chance/number of pulls for a copy, but....

Worry not, Sega took that into account and blessed us with a pocket, 4*, Trelancia (cleric on the bottom gacha).

Because, giving a huge attack boost to a cleric is a smart move. Afterall, Trelancia can barely keep up when using two souls and 1 soul tries are all about survival. /s
She'd make a fine non-event character, though.

Am cranky because I just pulled two copies.

--------------------------

Edit: They wen't full subjugation on this one! Seems there are two "demons", so to speak. One you can get through chest drops, ala Fuuko, and the other one through DC pulls, much like Y.Phoena.

Don't like this new trend, I'll wait to see the drop chance/number of pulls for a copy, but....

I'm glad I pulled the trumpet cleric since my luck in pulling Trelancia have been crap.

A little salty they announced that in the middle of the event, they'll be changing around the pick-ups of the event gatcha to different SSRs

Not a big fan of the new change, mostly cause it really makes it a lot harder to MLB any of the two drop units, unless they dramatically increase the drop rate/demon coins drops

lankelink

Neo Member
One question for those who have Aoi: can you see her in the Menu>Allies section? I have her, I have unlocked her chain story, but she is missing from my Arcana collection...

chrono01

Two pulls with my Premium Tickets:

Elemia [I needed her actually]
Lilith [...I can't believe this]

I have 600 Prysma, but I'm still saving it for V2, even those the current odds are supposedly pretty nice.

Two pulls with my Premium Tickets:

Elemia [I needed her actually]
Lilith [...I can't believe this]

I have 600 Prysma, but I'm still saving it for V2, even those the current odds are supposedly pretty nice.

:O

wow, congrats

finally break your 5 star streak with one of the best pulls huh :]

chrono01

:O

wow, congrats

finally break your 5 star streak with one of the best pulls huh :]
Thanks!

Yeah, it legit surprised me. This is like...my 26th Premium Ticket, without getting a single UR, so getting one as nice as Lilith makes me happy. Now, at least, I have someone else to work on. It was getting pretty bleak there for a while. :/

Quixzlizx

I just pulled a 5* in the first time in forever, but it was Mei. So I have a MLB Mei now, but I also have Lilith. Feels like a waste, lol. If only my UR could've been Cheery :x

chrono01

I just pulled a 5* in the first time in forever, but it was Mei. So I have a MLB Mei now, but I also have Lilith. Feels like a waste, lol. If only my UR could've been Cheery :x
I really want Cheery too. :(

I'm thinking of going for Liam in the Festival event purely for this reason. I know, he's not as nice as her but it's something?

One day, Cheery!

garath

You guys had me going with your great pulls. I had 70 prysma left so I pulled again.... Wanted cheery or Roxanna... Saw fairy......

Adelle.. Again. Boo. That's my third one lol. Already have Lilith so no need. Oh well. 10 rings.

chrono01

You guys had me going with your great pulls. I had 70 prysma left so I pulled again.... Wanted cheery or Roxanna... Saw fairy......

Adelle.. Again. Boo. That's my third one lol. Already have Lilith so no need. Oh well. 10 rings.
Sorry for your bad luck. :(

And the luck goes on! 1st draw was a 3*, 2nd was Lilith and 3rd was Cheery☺
Seriously, congrats! You grabbed the two units I was most after.

JIR4sROh.jpg

I think I broke something

I wonder why it counts downwards, starting from 76

all those incompleted quests tho

Stider

Seriously, congrats! You grabbed the two units I was most after.

Thanks :) In my last 20-25 draws this week have received Cheery(my 2nd), Aoi, Mei, 3 Liliths!! and a few 4*s as well. Pirika loves me this week, now only need 1 more Lilith to MLB her.

Gizuko

They are increasing the ring "worth" of paid (premium ticket/stone) gacha characters (SSR will be ~50, SR 20 and R stay at 3), while reducing the worth of "free" arcana (SSR = 6FR, SR =3 and R = 1).

FR exchange and gacha will maintin their worth.

I really hope the FR overhaul is for the better, because this seems like a huge nerf to me. Taking away R enh and weapons, then reducing free arcana's FR worth will reduce the amount of rings you can obtain by quite a lot.

(This changes will not be applied retroactively, unless a given arcana is once again featured in an event).

e: This is for jpCC only.

Thanks :) In my last 20-25 draws this week have received Cheery(my 2nd), Aoi, Mei, 3 Liliths!! and a few 4*s as well. Pirika loves me this week, now only need 1 more Lilith to MLB her.

Stop it, you're making me want to keep pulling. My max LB Bilgitto from this event is mocking me also.

Aki-at

Congratulations, that's a fine list of characters you've assembled!

What manner of sorcery did you use to achieve this?!?

BJK

Stop it, you're making me want to keep pulling. My max LB Bilgitto from this event is mocking me also.

It got me to make pull # 41 - Lilo...at least it was another 4*.

EDIT: Any preferences between MLB Nina or soon-to-be-leveling Roxanna to be my leader for the Demon Raid? (Or Juliana...but I think the other two are better options.) Not pulling for Aurora.

bonkeng

It got me to make pull # 41 - Lilo...at least it was another 4*.

EDIT: Any preferences between MLB Nina or soon-to-be-leveling Roxanna to be my leader for the Demon Raid? (Or Juliana...but I think the other two are better options.) Not pulling for Aurora.

It totally depends on the raid bow damage multiplier.

If the damage sucks, no point using an archer friend over Aurora friend.

If it's like the spear raid, then i guess Nina should do some serious damage.

RalchAC

Hi guys, I've been playing this for a while now (a little bit under a week I think) and I feel I'm starting to grasp how the game works. So far I'm at Chapter 3-6 and my only problem with the game was a difficulty spike a bit earlier that was resolved farming a 2* Healer (Latty).

My team right now has:

4* Shakti (Gacha pull)
4* Ioh (Rank 6 Gift)
3* Haruaki (AC pull)
2* Healer Latty

2* Dusty (Sub)
3* Hero (Sub)

3* Toto (Often switch him for Shakti or other unit)

So far I'm mostly doing story missions and a bit or character missions. Am I doing something wrong? I've read a few beginner guides and it seems I'm on the right track so far.

And is there any website where I can reliably see which units I should keep and which I should dump for those Fortune Rings?

My team right now has:

4* Shakti (Gacha pull)
4* Ioh (Rank 6 Gift)
3* Haruaki (AC pull)
2* Healer Latty

2* Dusty (Sub)
3* Hero (Sub)

So far I'm mostly doing story missions and a bit or character missions. Am I doing something wrong? I've read a few beginner guides and it seems I'm on the right track so far.

And is there any website where I can reliably see which units I should keep and which I should dump for those Fortune Rings?

For guides there's this classic
http://chain-chronicle-forum.com/threads/a-beginners-guide-to-3★-characters.44/

And a newer guide I found
http://chainchronicleforum.net/threads/list-3-arcana-tier-list-the-good-the-bad-and-the-jiggly.3592/

-------

As for 4* or higher, you'll generally want to keep them in your box (unless you really need rings, like really need rings). Don't hesitate to throw some prysma in upgrading your inventory space, it's better than just wasting 50 prysma on a roll.

As for the rest, you seem to be on the right track, try to replace Hero as fast as you can and fiddle around with your mage, maybe a setup where she starts out as a sub or is replaced by a soldier works out better, you should see that for yourself though.

desverger

Hi guys, I've been playing this for a while now (a little bit under a week I think) and I feel I'm starting to grasp how the game works. So far I'm at Chapter 3-6 and my only problem with the game was a difficulty spike a bit earlier that was resolved farming a 2* Healer (Latty).

My team right now has:

4* Shakti (Gacha pull)
4* Ioh (Rank 6 Gift)
3* Haruaki (AC pull)
2* Healer Latty

2* Dusty (Sub)
3* Hero (Sub)

Now's definitely a good time to start, seeing as you can grab a few 5* units for free with the festive tickets.

As for your team comp, if you're f2p, you'll most likely want to stick with warriors only. You should MLB Dusty ASAP, he can be farmed from a quest just like Latty. Hero and Ioh are sadly pretty weak units.

By MLB I mean "Max Limit Break", which means to combine 4 of the same card into the original one. You should do this with Latty as well, if you haven't yet.

By MLBing Dusty, he'll be the your party's strongest warrior for a while and I'd recommend swapping Dusty from your sub to your main party to replace Shakti. The problem with using her in your main party is mana dilution (you have 3 unit types or more), and the fact that her special is a shield.

As for the fortune rings - if you're just starting out, keep most of your units. A good number of 3* units can be sold for 3 rings each, but try to keep a few of each type around in the beginning. As you get better units, you can sell the worse ones.

RalchAC

Thanks to both of you!

@KenjiGlobe Those lists seem interesting. Quite happy that it seems I've got 2 of the best 3* available. I have a quite useless 3* Knight too that I may sell for those Fortune Rings.

@Desverger I think both my Latty and Dusty are at Limit Break 2 (LB2?) so I'll try to farm the Free Quests for a bit. It's a bit tiring to do it due to RNG, but whatever :p

So far I've been using my Shakti in order to make my Warriors a bit more tanky for boss fights, since I stopped using a rainbow setup after I read about the Mana dilution thing. I'll try the 4 Warriors + Healer idea you've given me. Thanks!

Finally, it seems I started playing a few days after the login tickets started. So it seems I won't be able to get the special 5x Dude for 130 tickets. Should I focus on getting URs (40 tickets each one), SRs, or whatever suits my needs?

Finally, it seems I started playing a few days after the login tickets started. So it seems I won't be able to get the special 5x Dude for 130 tickets. Should I focus on getting URs (40 tickets each one), SRs, or whatever suits my needs?

Just focus on actually getting the tickets for starters, the deadline for spending them is three months away, your team and your needs are going to be completely different at that point in time, especially for a newer player, you just can't accurately predict who you want to buy right now.

Although in the end you'll probably reach the conclusion that Teresa is one of the better picks.

Kettch

Hey guys, I've been getting really into a CC rip-off game called Knight Saga lately, if you want to give it a try.

The bad stuff:
1) The story translation is sub-google translate quality. So don't expect anything except maybe a laugh at how weird it is.
2) Many of the character designs are straight up plagiarism, including a recolored Aludra among others.
3) It isn't needed to enjoy the game at all, but to compete with top players you'll likely need a character that's only available if you put down $66 into their currency, though you get it for free if you do.
4) There are a number of things that happen at certain times of the day that's good to be around for. Some last for a couple hours, but others go by pretty fast. They are spread out decently though.

The good stuff:
1) The game is really enjoyable to play. I'd say the highlight is the progression system. You continuously get stronger as you play, and it makes for a very satisfying experience. The content also doesn't ever appear to become trivial, you can't just put together an OP team and steamroll everything.
2) The game's prysma currency is very plentiful, you're given regular free pulls, guaranteed 5* every 10 pulls and the rates are very reasonable. You can also collect character puzzle pieces as you play through the game and once you get enough, you exchange them for the character. I think you can get all of them this way eventually, except the one I mentioned in the bad stuff.
3) The game is actually very polished for a rip-off. I like being able to control characters by tapping their portrait. You can take items and equipment off someone and put it on someone else. You can restore an item or character to level 1 and regain all the resources you put into it, if you want to use someone or something else. If you lose a story mode fight it only costs 1 action point instead of 5 if you beat it, so it doesn't hurt much to keep trying and experimenting. Oh yeah, and your Hero character gets stronger as you move through the story, which keeps him/her very important for your team.
4) The game has a bunch of different play modes centered around the standard CC grid system. The story mode is normal. The arena is where you face other players, but you can't control them, so you need to rely on being stronger and/or having better positioning. There's a challenge mode where you need to finish under a set time, have no one die and finish the fight with a special. Another mode where you're given a pair of towers that you can upgrade as you defeat enemies to help you out, and the goal is to get as far as you can. There are also guild battles that I haven't done too much of, but appears to be real-time battles that you control against other players.

Overall it's just a lot of fun to play, so I'd recommend giving it a try during CC downtime.

BJK

Thanks to both of you!

@KenjiGlobe Those lists seem interesting. Quite happy that it seems I've got 2 of the best 3* available. I have a quite useless 3* Knight too that I may sell for those Fortune Rings.

@Desverger I think both my Latty and Dusty are at Limit Break 2 (LB2?) so I'll try to farm the Free Quests for a bit. It's a bit tiring to do it due to RNG, but whatever :p

So far I've been using my Shakti in order to make my Warriors a bit more tanky for boss fights, since I stopped using a rainbow setup after I read about the Mana dilution thing. I'll try the 4 Warriors + Healer idea you've given me. Thanks!

Agreed with the other posts; you're headed in the right direction...but you left out the most important part: your Friend ID! (181,929,145 is mine)

A demon raid event starts next week; you may want to do some reading up on it today. The forum links with the 3* evaluations also have guides for raids. Having some GAF regulars on your friends list is essential for raids (I'll have a Lv. 80 Nina running all week...and I'm guessing a few players will try for Aurora). You're going to be awash in 3* characters from demon coins; hopefully you'll get Melvina (and a few copies of the Demon). We can also help try carrying GAF friends to guaranteed copies of the Demon...but only if we're on your friends list.

As for tickets, you don't have to wait until December to start trade-ins like the rest of us do. Toka might be a useful player with the first 20 tickets (since she gets a healing ability, and you already have Harukai). Alvert comes with a chain story (which will be more useful down the line), Arietta is the best 4* cleric, Bliza can blacksmith, and Teresa's stats are crazy good.

RalchAC

Did a MLB with both Latty and Dusty.

Agreed with the other posts; you're headed in the right direction...but you left out the most important part: your Friend ID! (181,929,145 is mine)

A demon raid event starts next week; you may want to do some reading up on it today. The forum links with the 3* evaluations also have guides for raids. Having some GAF regulars on your friends list is essential for raids (I'll have a Lv. 80 Nina running all week...and I'm guessing a few players will try for Aurora). You're going to be awash in 3* characters from demon coins; hopefully you'll get Melvina (and a few copies of the Demon). We can also help try carrying GAF friends to guaranteed copies of the Demon...but only if we're on your friends list.

As for tickets, you don't have to wait until December to start trade-ins like the rest of us do. Toka might be a useful player with the first 20 tickets (since she gets a healing ability, and you already have Harukai). Alvert comes with a chain story (which will be more useful down the line), Arietta is the best 4* cleric, Bliza can blacksmith, and Teresa's stats are crazy good.

Mmmm... I've looked for some information about how this thing work and I like it. Should I use some Prisma for refilling my stamina bar in a raid boss? I have like 250

I didn't give my ID because I thought Friend space was limited (I only have 20 slots so far) but here it is! 198,573,660.

And talking about Friends. Is the Send/Get thing bugged? I've tried to do both and it stays at "Connecting..." forever.

Edit: Oh, and it seems I can set somebody as my Referral. It gives rewards to both of us?

desverger

Mmmm... I've looked for some information about how this thing work and I like it. Should I use some Prisma for refilling my stamina bar in a raid boss? I have like 250

I didn't give my ID because I thought Friend space was limited (I only have 20 slots so far) but here it is! 198,573,660.

And talking about Friends. Is the Send/Get thing bugged? I've tried to do both and it stays at "Connecting..." forever.

Edit: Oh, and it seems I can set somebody as my Referral. It gives rewards to both of us?

Save your prysma for now, you'll get a few vigor fruits as raid rewards that can be used for the stamina refill. We're still not sure of the raid's mechanics this time around, but usually there is an event weapon and an event character, that both deal increased damage during the raid. This time around the event weapon is a bow - if you don't have any bow users, you'll have to rely on friends.

See how your raid goes at first, the big milestones are lv50 and lv80 for the guaranteed copies. Reaching level 50 should be doable with some help at least, even if you just started.

Lastly, I just sent you a friend request. I use a Nimpha lead most of the time, she will help you clear the dailies a bit faster due to her drop boost.

BJK

Friends are limited; they cap out at 50 (eventually). I tend to clear out people who are inactive for a day or more (...though I try to be a bit more lenient with GAFers), so I have some openings.

You shouldn't have to burn resources during the raid. An orb (to attack the demon) refreshes every 30 minutes; in the same amount of time, it takes 32 minutes to restore 4 AP (the cost of the cheapest quest you have which could summon a demon). Just try not to burn your AP down all the way, and you'll be fine.

The only "raids" so far that are worthwhile are the so-called Tower Events, these events require you to continiously repeat the same level over and over again, the reward of the first tower event was a top tier unit that everyone here is using to this date.

But since you can also refill AP with Fortune Rings I wouldn't stockpile Prysma for that purpose.

It is worth noting though that in my experience Prysma is best used for refills, revives and inventory upgrades, rolling, while fun, has never really that much value opposed to brute forcing units by repeating their missions (Selene and Mei).

Don't follow that advice though, it's unfun and tryhard.

Hey, welcome RalchAC! Good to have another CC newbie, like me. I sent you a friend request; my name is Shala.

The people in this thread are super helpful (as you noticed) so don't be afraid to ask for guidance, even if you think the questions are stupid. I bother these guys all the time when I'm confused/stuck. :)

RalchAC

Thanks for the invites! I've changed my name to RchGAF so it's easier to recognize me. I don't like that names are limited to 6 characters.

I've started the raid thing. It lasts 7 days! I thought it was a 24 hours grindfest like the ones in One Piece Treasure Cruise. I appreciate it's not like that TBH, doing the same stage >50 times in 12 hours isn't exactly my definition of fun.

I think I'll keep progressing normally and do the raid boss whenever it pops-up. Right now I think I can beat (not comfortably, but I can) quests that are level 19-21.

Is it worth for me to do Dailies (so I can level up my units faster) or should I keep doing the story until it gets too tough for my current units?

I've started the raid thing. It lasts 7 days! I thought it was a 24 hours grindfest like the ones in One Piece Treasure Cruise. I appreciate it's not like that TBH, doing the same stage >50 times in 12 hours isn't exactly my definition of fun.

Oh just wait until the Tower Events

Is it worth for me to do Dailies (so I can level up my units faster) or should I keep doing the story until it gets too tough for my current units?

There is some merit right now to say that you should grind either the 10 AP daily or Spark of Battle as there's a good reason to get a strong team right now with this Demon Raid. One of the Weekly quests could also be effective.

Anyhow, you definitely want to commit fully on this raid, try to never be fully loaded on souls and stuff, the Demon Raid has a chance to trigger every time you complete a quest, do keep in mind that there is a one AP quest in Dawning, use that one to trigger it.

When there's no Raid in the horizon it's best to just play through the story and see how far you get, then you can decide how you want to overcome the hurdle (mixing up your team setup, levelling up characters)

ah_hia

You will want to complete all the dailies as they will be your source of enhancers, rings and money. Don't spend your prysma as the gacha rate sucks. Take your time.

garath

Anyone gotten the bow yet? Is it terrible like the mace raid or nice like every other raid? I'm going to be very sad if I dumped all those resources into leveling my armilus and Nina only to have their specials do less than Selene's without a raid weapon.

I put armilus as my lead. She'll have the bow mid today. Im on level 6 now. Damn work ;)

Hi! Long time lurker on GAF. My IGN is DrgyCF and id is 147932611. I have a few friend slots open and am happy to help in the raid. That said, not sure how good the raid weapon is.

For beginners, I would recommend 10 AP daily (till you get the ring) -> Event quests -> Story/Daily. Rings are the most reliable way to get MLB 5* characters (you don't need them to complete the story, but they help, and its nice knowing that character is maxed out). Events are the usually the best source of goodies, but it depends on the week. As a new player, I found that what I needed most was XP (to take tougher quests, dailys are the best source of this), and party cost (to fit all my best chars into the party, story quests give the best leveling xp). The higher level event quests usually have a 40+ level requirement.

Once you are higher level, do the 20 AP quest first since the ring return is better (best with a lvl 60 Nimpha friend for higher drops) then the 10 and events.

Stider

Anyone gotten the bow yet? Is it terrible like the mace raid or nice like every other raid? I'm going to be very sad if I dumped all those resources into leveling my armilus and Nina only to have their specials do less than Selene's without a raid weapon.

I put armilus as my lead. She'll have the bow mid today. Im on level 6 now. Damn work ;)

The multiplier seems to be just over x2. Base damage with Lucrezia was 1120 with bow 2584.

garath

The multiplier seems to be just over x2. Base damage with Lucrezia was 1120 with bow 2584.

Dammit. That's terrible. I wonder if it was like this in jpCC or its gumi taking liberties.

Either way I'm not a fan at all. There's almost no point to it now. My Selene will do more damage with her special than armilus WITH the bow. Almost might as well just run a soldier team and use friends with the event character for the harder levels. Either way it doesn't seem like I'll be getting very deep without the event character.

My only hope is getting a second bow and Nina + armilus doing some good auto attack damage on top of the specials.

Quixzlizx

Hi! Long time lurker on GAF. My IGN is DrgyCF and id is 147932611. I have a few friend slots open and am happy to help in the raid. That said, not sure how good the raid weapon is.

I sent an invite as Quix.

Wasn't the raid weapon also about x2 for Elza? It was just super effective due to being paired with Selene, I think.

Edit: According to a random comment on the wiki, it was x4, but I have no idea whether that's right.

garath

I sent an invite as Quix.

Wasn't the raid weapon also about x2 for Elza? It was just super effective due to being paired with Selene, I think.

Edit: According to a random comment on the wiki, it was x4, but I have no idea whether that's right.

All raid weapons have been 4x except for the mace raid and now apparently this raid where its 2 or 2.5x. Event character is always around 5x I think.

RalchAC

Thanks for the new answers.

I've been using my 4 Warriors + Healer setup (or some high leveled characters from Gaffers) and I'm at level 12 right now. Health scalates really quickly. Every 5 or 0 his health is doubled. I wasn't expecting his health to scalate so quickly.

I'm doing the Fire Sprite Village quest since they give Warrior enhancers, but I'll need a higher attack for being able to do those levels without help.

Does aiding people use a Soul?

Quixzlizx

All raid weapons have been 4x except for the mace raid and now apparently this raid where its 2 or 2.5x. Event character is always around 5x I think.

Damn, that sucks. I'd appreciate it if some of y'all pull Aurora :p

Thanks for the new answers.

I've been using my 4 Warriors + Healer setup (or some high leveled characters from Gaffers) and I'm at level 12 right now. Health scalates really quickly. Every 5 or 0 his health is doubled. I wasn't expecting his health to scalate so quickly.

I'm doing the Fire Sprite Village quest since they give Warrior enhancers, but I'll need a higher attack for being able to do those levels without help.

Does aiding people use a Soul?

It's really important to have raid weapons and or an event character to keep up with the HP scaling.

And yes, aiding people uses souls.

RalchAC

Damn, that sucks. I'd appreciate it if some of y'all pull Aurora :p

It's really important to have raid weapons and or an event character to keep up with the HP scaling.

And yes, aiding people uses souls.

I've obtained 2 Exorcism Bows, should I equip them to some Archers, level them up and try to see if it works better than using 4 Warriors?

Quixzlizx

I've obtained 2 Exorcism Bows, should I equip them to some Archers, level them up and try to see if it works better than using 4 Warriors?

It can't hurt to equip at least one of the bows, as long as your archers don't already have better bows equipped. It's not like the weapons are special outside of the raid.

Top Bottom