• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

BJK

I just started playing this on Friday. What is a demon raid and can I even take part in one yet? I forget what rank I am, but I just finished chapter 1 of the story.I just got Dusty. My characters are around lvl 15ish. My leader is Nimpha. Should I not worry about demon raids etc and just complete the story missions?

Short version: You should be able to participate...but you're going to need help to get any of the good stuff.

Demon raids use a different resource than regular leveling (the 3 yellow orbs in the upper right corner of the map), and they refill 1 orb every 30 minutes. Right now, you should have no problem clearing demon wave Lv.1, so try that.

Not sure how far you'll get, but these are the major progress points to aim for:
Lv. 10 clear = copy of the raid-effective weapon (a wand, this time around)
40 = Premium Ticket
50 = Copy of the Demon (Hatifas)
80 = Second Copy of the Demon
100 = Premium Ticket

An LB0 demon isn't as strong as a tavern-summoned 5* character, but can be quite useful for a new player.

In addition to the guaranteed copies, you have a chance at getting the demon from coins (currency you get from each successful clear), or from the chest reward after killing the demon.

Look for allies with Hati as their leader; she gets a damage boost during this raid. (I still have a spot open, if you need a LB0 Hati friend.)
Borrowing the demon hunter can help carry you for a few days. By the weekend, players who've hit the wall on their own accounts will be more willing to help friends on lower levels....so keep trying.

garath

So this is another wimpy raid weapon right? I'm half tempted to give it to my Frau rather than my alle gloon. The Frau is MLB and just happly slinging autos. I'd rather use hati friends for their special than gloon so maybe she's not the best for my first wand.

Rixa

So this is another wimpy raid weapon right? I'm half tempted to give it to my Frau rather than my alle gloon. The Frau is MLB and just happly slinging autos. I'd rather use hati friends for their special than gloon so maybe she's not the best for my first wand.

I gave mine to Frau, next goes to Roxymusic, if I ever get one. Melee Hati does much more damage to demon, dont use melee before last wave cause those stupid "seal" ghosts. Last wave has blind ghosts but they are good since blinded Hati does more damage.

Alt got time out bug at demon nr 20. Also After lvl 50 raid has 8 waves. In JP they did have max 6 waves.
This is Gumis way to make things harder, somehow I think the urgent maintenance was their doings to nerf Raid.

elty

Wow so they just artificially increase number of waves to ensure people spend money on vigor fruit? At this rate you will need three souls very early or else you cannot even touch the demon before time up. Not to mention you must pay attention even at lower level.

Rixa

Wow so they just artificially increase number of waves to ensure people spend money on vigor fruit? At this rate you will need three souls very early or else you cannot even touch the demon before time up. Not to mention you must pay attention even at lower level.

10 rings = 2 Vigor Fruits. Its so easy to get rings now so I dont know what the hell they are doing.
Anyways definetly dont use option "3 souls" per demon run. Just incase if you get hit by those black ghosts, there goes your roun.

Edit: It seems that level 100 Hatifas has 9 waves and it has >900k hp.

10 rings = 2 Vigor Fruits. Its so easy to get rings now so I dont know what the hell they are doing.
Anyways definetly dont use option "3 souls" per demon run. Just incase if you get hit by those black ghosts, there goes your roun.

That seems better than the last raid I participated in. The Aelle Gloon raid is part of what put me off the game because she had like 1.5million hp at level 100.

Glad I invested in all those arcana slots. I'm too poor to use all my character and weapon enhancers.

Rixa

That seems better than the last raid I participated in. The Aelle Gloon raid is part of what put me off the game because she had like 1.5million hp at level 100.

Glad I invested in all those arcana slots. I'm too poor to use all my character and weapon enhancers.

Arcana slot investments are vice choices :). I have done so many raids and thus even more runs in Breezeway so I decided its time to do this:
Screenshot_2015-11-03-22-00-13.png
Screenshot_2015-11-03-22-03-17.png
Leveling is still in progress, should be done with enhancers I get in this raid week.

ProTip: For easy FR's, be sure to limit break the 1-2* characters you get from demon coins....then reap the mission rewards for doing so.

Yeah, been LBing any duplicates I get. I'm on the one where I need 50 LBs.

Arcana slot investments are vice choices :). I have done so many raids and thus even more runs in Breezeway so I decided its time to do this:

Leveling is still in progress, should be done with enhancers I get in this raid week.

Gotta do something with all those Gregs. Why'd you give him the ninja sword tho?

garath

ProTip: For easy FR's, be sure to limit break the 1-2* characters you get from demon coins....then reap the mission rewards for doing so.

I didn't even know there was a mission for it. Wonder why I haven't seen it. Maybe I'm missing a prerequisite?

Avalt

Setting my Cheery as leader with the raid wand, just in case anyone wants some extra buffing.

Don't expect much from this raid. Just the usual LB1 Demon and a bunch of rings. Thou this time I noticed that ALOT of my friends managed to get the event character. Should make it a bit easier.

elty

Used 10 vigor fruit to reach lv50. Managed to beat wave 50 with 0.47 seconds left.

Got nothing from chest or coin. Life as usual.

Got about 5 friend spots left after removing nonactive players. Currently have a level 74 Hati that will be MLB by tomorrow.

ID: 168094744. Will be adding GAF member tags only tomorrow morning.

elty

Got about 5 friend spots left after removing nonactive players. Currently have a level 74 Hati that will be MLB by tomorrow.

ID: 168094744. Will be adding GAF member tags only tomorrow morning.

Thanks, added as GG_GAF

edit: every wave after 50 has 8 waves. I barely have 10 seconds to hit the demon. I think by wave 80 I will not even reach wave 8 with just 1 soul.

Kettch

9 waves is pretty crazy. Even if you kill the first 8 waves immediately, you won't have much time at all just because you have to wait for enemies to come out. I'm curious if I'll even be able to get Hati up to her.

elty

TW version has 1 million HP at lv 100 so I guess that is normal.

I believe the 3 souls 200 seconds option will become necessity at later level, or else you won't even have time to reach the last wave. In the last few demon raid I have like 20 seconds or so left for the boss wave after lv100. I don't think the 20 seconds is enough to handle 2 more waves of trash.

chrono01

I just wanted to say, to those with Hati on my Friend List...

THANK YOU!

I wasn't able to pull her [unfortunately], but will try to make it up to you somehow. You're the real MVP.

Kettch

I actually forgot completely about the 3 soul option, since it's always a total waste. I guess they are trying to make that relevant. Wish we just had the damage boost version instead.

elty

I actually forgot completely about the 3 soul option, since it's always a total waste. I guess they are trying to make that relevant. Wish we just had the damage boost version instead.

Not really. Remember last time tons of people get at least a LB3 Selene and everyone thought the next spear demon raid will be piece of cake? They just increased HP through the roof (to 3 or 4 million at 100+) so people progress even slower than the previous raid.

I bet you this is the same. They probably realize that v2 rate = lots of Hati running around, so they pull an emergency patch to nerf this raid to make sure free player will not have a easy time progressing. GUM presents: Demon Raid Hard Mode, exclusive to global Chain Chronicle.

Rixa

Yeah, been LBing any duplicates I get. I'm on the one where I need 50 LBs.

Gotta do something with all those Gregs. Why'd you give him the ninja sword tho?

Just for fun, actually I was wondering should I give 5* sword to him :p Then decided I have 2 of those so what thell, lets laugh.

I lost interest to this raid :(. I have done 28 demons no Hatifas drops so far.
8 Waves from 50-71, then 6 from 70-80, then 9 from 100+..

Rixa

Check your inbox. We get 10 Vigor Fruits "Special login bonus". Real reason is that people are complaining in Twitter that raid is too hard.

Azusa

Check your inbox. We get 10 Vigor Fruits "Special login bonus". Real reason is that people are complaining in Twitter that raid is too hard.

Nice. Now I have 38 Vigor Fruits to burn during this raid.

42 lvl so far and no hatifas drop :(

Rixa

Nice. Now I have 38 Vigor Fruits to burn during this raid.

42 lvl so far and no hatifas drop :(

Slight correction :D

Gumi info

Gumi said:
We are investigating the current demon drop issue where arcana besides Hatifas are being dropped, thus the demon drop rate for Hatifas has further been increased to ensure players will have a higher chance to obtain Hatifas.

Gumi said:
In light of the current increase in raid difficulty, we would be helping our captains by giving away FREE Vigor Fruits daily (Mon - Thurs:10 Vigor Fruits, Fri - Sun : 15 Vigor Fruits) after logging in starting today Nov 4, 00:00 PST.
Please be reminded to re-log daily after reset and check your present box for the additional login bonus during this event.

Holy hell :eek:

chrono01

No clue, my both accounts are still without Hatifas, tho I have many demons to do still (main 31 done, alt under 30 done).
Ouch.

I'm at Level 40 and didn't get a drop either. I did manage to get one from the demon gatcha, though. Let's hope our luck improves soon.

I'm tempted to save these Vigor Fruit for Aggdra...

Rixa

Ouch.

I'm at Level 40 and didn't get a drop either. I did manage to get one from the demon gatcha, though. Let's hope our luck improves soon.

I'm tempted to save these Vigor Fruit for Aggdra...

Iam saving most if not all. Ofc I can buy 2 Vigors per 10 rings if I really need more.

chrono01

Isnt she just slight better than Sulstan?
Aggdra? Yeah, kind of, but she has insane stats at max LB. 9000ATK and 9150HP, plus an ATK+ during boss waves.

Edit: Actually, knowing Gumi they're probably expecting people to hoard these Vigor Fruit for future raids so they're probably going to have a limited expiration on them. Or maybe, for the Aggdra, they'll state that Vigor Fruit now only replenishes one soul instead of three. I wouldn't put it past them.

Kettch

I can see why they're trying to appease people preemptively with those vigor fruits. This isn't just increased difficulty, it's broken. I just did level 51 with it's 8 waves and finished with 2 seconds left, Hati barely having enough time to walk up to Hatifas and get a special off. And this is with my raid weapon Frau, level 60 Hati and level 80 Hati friend mowing everything down.

If the waves take any longer I'll have to switch to 3 souls already.

sasuke_91

Oh come on... 7 waves at lvl 20 and I just have 12 seconds to beat the demon. Of course out of my 3 lvl 60 Hati friends, none decided to show up.
And my Hati is only lvl 16...

Rixa

Oh come on... 7 waves at lvl 20 and I just have 12 seconds to beat the demon. Of course out of my 3 lvl 60 Hati friends, none decided to show up.
And my Hati is only lvl 16...

Log off and login to game again. It refreshes helper list. You might need to do this many times but its the way to get right helper.

Edit:
PSA PSA. It seems using 3 orbs raidrun bugs!

User (on my flist) started demon 115 using 3 orbs but it only gave 90s, 5 waves, boss ~100k HP.

See the video of it on youtube

He cant collect rewards either. He suspects its the demon of player helped to kill.
His comments:
"I was saving yellow mana for mini boss on wave 4 (if it was 9 waves)"
"But then i was confused on why the mobs die so fast n no mini boss.."
" I killed xxx's demon before starting my 115."
"and somehow my 115 is the same as xxx's ~20-30 (dont remember the level)"
"Also the 3 orbs I spent didnt vanish"
"I got wood chest."
"just didnt get the coins reward"

^^ Well coded...

BJK

LVL 50 such BS

I didn't have time to dmg on boss. Only 4 sec lol.

Same; I just threw 3-orbs at it after my first attempt, and still had 100+ seconds left when I got the kill.

Having not had any luck with golden chests, I'm leaning towards gunning for 100, then living with LB1. I'd rather hold on to the bounty of vigor fruit for a raid I'll be using more often (Talibik is a few raids out, but a harder-hitting dancer means more time on the final wave).

I finally got Hati up to level 80 so see the above post if anyone wants help with their raid. But wow, these raids are designed to sap you of money lol

Gizuko

Man, with Gumi's shenanigans this raid's focus is starting to turn from Hatifas to the Hati-fes as long as I'm concerned. It's a same, I really wanted a Cheery knock-off.

RalchAC

The Friend Hati + Roxana combo is pretty much carrying me through the stages. I'm at level 29 so far.

I have Roxana as captain if anyone cares :p

elty

I think I will just take the fruit and save it for the next raid and settle with another LB1 demon. Lv101 to 109 had 9 waves lol.

man, I feel bad seeing how crazy this demon raid is in Global while Japan probably had one of their easiest demon raids yet with the Atelier's

Top Bottom