• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

pariah164

Well, I'm out of AP... May as well do a YOLO 50 Prysma pull before I sleep. Probably won't be anything great, but-

tyaS01j.png

8FxEa.gif

I ain't even mad about Hati/Hatifas anymore.

Krorg

What is everyone doing in jpCC for rings right now?

I must say the rates of the challenge gacha are awful (seriously Sega, remove the damn 3* enhancers already!) and the 3* knights' drop rate in that Continent of Sins quest is even worse.

I have reached a new low and am selling 4* enhancers and weapons (since they are pretty plentiful with the item search mechanic), but this is no long-term solution.

I haven't found a good solution yet but I just sell all 4* and 5* enhancers. There are lots of 3* enhancers to use for xp instead. Level 80 total war battles provide 5 enhancers for each fight so that should be a good source for this week at least.

Gizuko

I don't really farm rings. Just saving up rings slowly through dailies and selling 4* enhancers and maybe 5* if I don't need the xp.

I started doing dailies again when they first introduced this changes, but a couple weeks later drop rate seemed awful, specially in the 30ap quest. Guess I might go back to doing the 10-20 ap ones.

I haven't found a good solution yet but I just sell all 4* and 5* enhancers. There are lots of 3* enhancers to use for xp instead. Level 80 total war battles provide 5 enhancers for each fight so that should be a good source for this week at least.

Thank you both, I definitely feel less cheap right now. Selling 5* enhancers still feels a bit wrong, but it is true 3* are more common now.

Rixa

I had no plan to get Scherazard, But my finger is itchy so I just did 40 challenge pull and got 12 Scherazard, wtf
Thanks for posting this, my test:

I had 237k ac and 746 rings
After 20 pulls
I had 198k ac and 909 rings
(Kept one Scherazard, sold rest, kept enhancers)
->
Now I have 238k ac and 804 rings + the gold and the enhancers & foragers I didnt sell.
Time to farm more :p

Rixa

I need to to this ring thingie later more. In just one hour time I did:

- 3k ac
- 183 rings
- >1m gold

I havent sell any 3* enhancers and foragers I sell later.

Rixa

Why? Don't you have an arcana to leveup?

Badly worded sentence, I mean enhancers I will use, but foragers I will sell :).

Edit:

- Today before I started: 237k ac / 746 rings / 5m gold
- After some pulling & selling & ac buying: 250k ac / 1264 rings / 7.2m gold.
+ One mlb Scherizard

bonkeng

Badly worded sentence, I mean enhancers I will use, but foragers I will sell :).

Edit:

- Today before I started: 237k ac / 746 rings / 5m gold
- After some pulling & selling & ac buying: 250k ac / 1264 rings / 7.2m gold.
+ One mlb Scherizard

Damn im gonna try this.

elty

I do 25 pull per batch. Lowest I have got is 2 Schezard, while highest is 13. Most of the time it is between 6 and 9.

elty

When will the weapon switching come? Next demon raid is sword so not sure when will be safe to equip A weapon for other weapon type.

chrono01

So I pulled the Challenge gatcha many times, since I had Arcana Coins and saw that the FR character was pretty common. I spent around 140k, and this is what I got:

- 20 Scherazard
- 27 3* characters
- Numerous enhancers

I'm tempted to just purchase more coins and keep going...

pariah164

So I pulled the Challenge gatcha many times, since I had Arcana Coins and saw that the FR character was pretty common. I spent around 140k, and this is what I got:

- 20 Scherazard
- 27 3* characters
- Numerous enhancers

I'm tempted to just purchase more coins and keep going...
You can buy Arcana Coins?

elty

This is silly. Over the last 2 days I have gotten 1900 rings, 4 million gold, so many enhancers I level up almost all knights, cleric and archer. When I am fully done with knights I will MLB Deed just to have a easier time in the Deed tower.

Even my Sherazard is lv70 and I don't even plan to use her.

pariah164

This is silly. Over the last 2 days I have gotten 1900 rings, 4 million gold, so many enhancers I level up almost all knights, cleric and archer. When I am fully done with knights I will MLB Deed just to have a easier time in the Deed tower.

Even my Sherazard is lv70 and I don't even plan to use her.
... How much money did you spend?

If none... are you a goddamn wizard? I have like, 150k and maybe 6 rings.I don't know how to play this game, clearly.

elty

... How much money did you spend?

If none... are you a goddamn wizard? I have like, 150k and maybe 6 rings.I don't know how to play this game, clearly.

What? Money? What's that cuz I don't have any!

Easy solution:

1) Spend 50K arcana coin in challenge recruit.
2) Get 6-9 Sherazard from 25 pulls.
3) Sell all those Sherazard and useless 3* for rings. This should yield about 140-210 rings.
4) Use 125 rings to buy 50K arcana coin.
5) Ka ching! You just make 15-85 rings, a bunch of enhancers, 75-100K gold for a few minutes of work. Now repeat until this get nerfed.

Rate of Sherazard is like 25% now, which is even higher than last month. I think someone intended to enter 2.5% but forgot a decimal.

pariah164

Easy solution:

3) Sell all those Sherazard and useless 3* for rings. This should yield about 140-210 rings.
5) Ka ching! You just make 15-85 rings, a bunch of enhancers, 75-100K gold for a few minutes of work.
I need to get 50K Arcana Coin first.

I have 2.5 K right now.

This is gonna take a while.

Rarutos

Easy solution:

5) Ka ching! You just make 15-85 rings, a bunch of enhancers, 75-100K gold for a few minutes of work. Now repeat until this get nerfed.

Rate of Sherazard is like 25% now, which is even higher than last month. I think someone intended to enter 2.5% but forgot a decimal.
I'm kind of tempted to try this lol

Kettch

I need to get 50K Arcana Coin first.

I have 2.5 K right now.

This is gonna take a while.

Don't wait. Just pull with every 2k AC that you get and you'll hit a Scherazard soon enough. Won't take long to start looping. Run the 4ap quests with your AP until it gets going.

I didn't realize the rate was so much higher this month, so I've just been burning AP running quests and pulling with that AC. Figured it was the same 10-15% rate that it was last month, but it's clearly much higher.

I've done a pair of 50 pulls so far and gotten:

420 rings
407 rings

That's a 327 ring profit. Or 65 stamina fruit. This is waaaaay more profitable than running quests now. Who cares about missing out on XP, I'll just trade rings in for fruits and run better quests later.

pariah164

Don't wait. Just pull with every 2k AC that you get and you'll hit a Scherazard soon enough. Won't take long to start looping. Run the 4ap quests with your AP until it gets going.

I didn't realize the rate was so much higher this month, so I've just been burning AP running quests and pulling with that AC. Figured it was the same 10-15% rate that it was last month, but it's clearly much higher.

I've done a pair of 50 pulls so far and gotten:

420 rings
407 rings

That's a 327 ring profit. Or 65 stamina fruit. This is waaaaay more profitable than running quests now. Who cares about missing out on XP, I'll just trade rings in for fruits and run better quests later.
What are the 4 AP quests? The ones in the towns?

Rixa

My luck isn't good enough to make a much of profit it seems. I got 50k Coins and only get 3-4 Scherazard per batch lol.

Not sure if they have nerfed (or is it rng) the rate already. Since I did 2x55k ac pulls. Both times got 4 Scherazards. Definetly less than yesterday, going to test more later.

chrono01

Not sure if they have nerfed (or is it rng) the rate already. Since I did 2x55k ac pulls. Both times got 4 Scherazards. Definetly less than yesterday, going to test more later.
I've noticed a decrease too. It varies, of course, but I seemed to have consistently pulled 6+ Scherazard in 50k pulls yesterday than today. :/

I went from something like 900 Fortune Rings to just under 1800, so I guess I can't complain. I might cut my losses here and not get too greedy.

Kettch

I did another 6 250 ring/100k AC batches just now:

So those first two were on the luckier side, but I still haven't lost rings on any of them. Average of 101 ring profit per batch.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Ran the Sherazard "trick"

So far I am.....
+180,000 arcana
+540 rings
+3,700,000 gold
+Almost done maxing out all my characters and their weapons <----- Most important part

Thank you to whomever found this, I will try a bunch more tomorrow until I max out all the levels and weapons.

garath

Not bad. I did 50 pulls and ended up down 5k AC. Almost a complete wash but added about 15 enhancers and some gold. Sure beats grinding the dailies. Better beat this up before they nerf it.

elty

Your luck determine how many ring you make, but it is very hard to lose. I think I never get less than 10 UR in 50 pulls and it is enough to break even in rings. The 12 enhancers I got is the most important.

Avalt

Just finished MLBreaking Inami from the ring gatcha. All thanks to the free ring farming :p Now to stock up on some rings for the next year or so. 10,000 rings should be enough :)

Hcoregamer00

I take it back, it looks like for me they actually cranked up the 5* drops.

I pulled 8 in a row, WTF. I jumped from 700 rings to 1,400, after trading for rings to keep the same arcana (400,000 is my baseline, easy to remember and keep track of whether the rings go up or down)

elty

First batch gives me 15/50.
Second batch is 11/50

I guess this is what happened:

Manager: hey the challenge recruit is returning 15%, which is way too high
Programmer: ok what do you want?
Manager: let's make it two point five.
Programmer two... what?
Manager: FIVE

Programmer set recruit rate to 25%

Hcoregamer00

First batch gives me 15/50.
Second batch is 11/50

I guess this is what happened:

Manager: hey the challenge recruit is returning 15%, which is way too high
Programmer: ok what do you want?
Manager: let's make it two point five.
Programmer two... what?
Manager: FIVE

Programmer set recruit rate to 25%

Whether the mistake was a mistake or intentional, I doubled my Arcana, increased my rings 10x over, I maxed out the weapons of my entire team (whoa), I maxed out a huge majority of all 44 of my arcana collection, and I am very very close to 20,000,000 gold.

So either way, thanks Gumi.

Maybe this is their (Easter egg) apology for messing up the last demon raid, LOOOOL.

elty

Rate just became low, only 12/100 which is not enough to break even. I no longer see consecutive pull too, Maybe nerf.

SO sad I have not finished leveling up my Teresa yet, although I level up every knight, archer and cleric. (

chrono01

Rate just became low, only 12/100 which is not enough to break even. I no longer see consecutive pull too, Maybe nerf.

SO sad I have not finished leveling up my Teresa yet, although I level up every knight, archer and cleric. (
It varies. I just went for a 25-pull and got 9 Scherazard. I might have just been lucky, though, but the rates seem to be about the same, especially given my past luck.

Stider

It's a lot more random now then, as I pulled 16 in my last 50 including 4 in 7 pulls . Might use some of these extra rings to finish some of my outstanding character missions, up to 61 now showing lol.

chrono01

Now that 2k arcana coin buying place is switching. Mistake or to prevent auto farming?
Haha, I noticed this too. Sometimes it appears at the very top, or the middle, or the bottom. It definitely breaks my pattern for buying them, but I'm careful not to spend anything until I know for sure I'm on the correct one.

Rixa

They have nerfed the rate or atleast rng is nerfed:
My 5x40k ac usage gave Scherz: 3/3/3/6/3

Prolly stopping here and be at around 1620 rings (my goal was 2k rings).
Well atleast I made around 13k ac, 870 rings and 3,5m gold. And a ton of enhancers.

Hcoregamer00

Judging from the posts here, the train ride has just ended. Congrats to those who used this to level up, skill up weapons, add a ton of arcana, get a lot of gold, and get a bunch of rings.

Top Bottom