• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

I got the 1 HP bug. If you manage to kill Hatifas even with the full HP reset the the level doesn't end (you have to wait until time out) and it doesn't count as kill but you get a treasure drop (I got a rare arcana). To add to the weirdness you can see the rarity of the treasure drop while you wait until time out (instead of seeing a black treasure chest).

Avalt

Just did about 100 demon coin pulls and only got 2x 3* weapons... I don't even know why I bother with these raids. So much time invested just to constantly keep getting these mediocre LB1 demons that will never break into the main roster.

Well I guess their good for new players... I'll see if I'll go to 80, but I lost all my motivation.

RalchAC

Got the weird book where instead of loading Hatifas raid I appeared at the last stage I played. Well, at least I didn't lose any souls.

Just did about 100 demon coin pulls and only got 2x 3* weapons... I don't even know why I bother with these raids. So much time invested just to constantly keep getting these mediocre LB1 demons that will never break into the main roster.

Well I guess their good for new players... I'll see if I'll go to 80, but I lost all my motivation.

I'm at level 53, and I have to say I feel like I'm wasting my time. I just have the copy I got for free after doing wave 50 so far. I don't really feel like I'm doing any progress :(

garath

I guess I got a little lucky. Got 2 copies from demon coins, one from a gold chest and the level 50 drop so far. I need to hit level 80 and I'll have her MLB. The problem is I can't even log in. I think I'm around level 54. 80 is going to be a stretch.

RalchAC

I guess I got a little lucky. Got 2 copies from demon coins, one from a gold chest and the level 50 drop so far. I need to hit level 80 and I'll have her MLB. The problem is I can't even log in. I think I'm around level 54. 80 is going to be a stretch.

Do we still have 2 more days to go? I'm always confused with timers in this kind of games due to not living in America :p

Right now I'm at 54 and I've started using 3 souls and Vigor Fruits. Those 7 wave fights take me around 150 seconds with my current team (Orca, Arietta, Sally, Roxanna and Hati). I tried not bringing a healer, but I need her for the long battles.

I don't have much problem with the mana since Sally's skill reduces the speed of the gacha.

Quixzlizx

Do we still have 2 more days to go? I'm always confused with timers in this kind of games due to not living in America :p

Right now I'm at 54 and I've started using 3 souls and Vigor Fruits. Those 7 wave fights take me around 150 seconds with my current team (Orca, Arietta, Sally, Roxanna and Hati). I tried not bringing a healer, but I need her for the long battles.

I don't have much problem with the mana since Sally's skill reduces the speed of the gacha.

Do you have Hati, or are you using Hati friends? Because I have Musica as my leader, and her skill also gives a massive defense buff as well as an offense buff (and I think she has a per-wave heal). She'd probably be better for you than using Arietta.

Rixa

For us EU fellows, its Tuesday morning (9.00 CET / 10.00 EET) when raid finishes. So you have plenty of time. This raid started 1 day late.

Gizuko

Stage 101 has 9 waves and every mob hits a ton. No matter how many VF Gumi gives me to throw at this trashy raid it really doesn't feel like a compensation at all.

RalchAC

Do you have Hati, or are you using Hati friends? Because I have Musica as my leader, and her skill also gives a massive defense buff as well as an offense buff (and I think she has a per-wave heal). She'd probably be better for you than using Arietta.

I'm using friend Hati since I dont have one, sadly. So I can't use your Musica. Thanks though!

Kettch

Finally made it up to 101, and I can still 3 soul it thankfully. Guess I'll just keep using my natural souls as long as it goes. I'm at 4 copies, so I'd like 1 more, but there's probably a decent chance Gumi will give one out given how mad people are.

On another note, I'm surprised the challenge recruit rate stayed the same this month. Scherazards still drop like candy. If we get an actual good AC quest at some point we'll be able to make some major profit. Just from running the 4ap quests a lot I'm up to 4100 fortune rings.

This raid has been horrible to progress for me but I got lucky and got a gold chest at lvl 50 just now. Don't know if I'm going to bother trying to get to 80 anymore.

Just hit 100. Can barely 3 soul it without wiping cause they hit hard and the waves are increasing again. Might just call it here. Got a LB3 Hatifas, and I don't think my luck will grant me a 4th.

EDIT: Jesus, tried helping someone with a level 101 demon. It had 400 hp left. Seems easy enough. Even if I get there with 5 seconds left on one soul, one ranged attack ought to finish her off. so I pop a single soul and got to wave 8 of 9 before I ran out of time. So yeah, definitely not wasting my time trying to get any further unless I'm bored.

garath

Welp. Guess I don't need to get to level 80 after all. Just finished 60 and pulled with some more coins. Got my final hatifas. She's MLB now. Guess the game felt pity on my lack of hati after 12 pulls.

elty

Got my final Hatifas using the 800 coins at lv101. All of my Hatifas came from coin after lv85. I think I used about 15 vigor fruit and 6 revival fruit,.

First MLB demon, woohoo I guess although I would love to have Elza instead. Now time to grind monday daily as I have a tons of wizard to level up.,

BJK

Grats to both of you; I'll be taking on Lv. 90 tonight, still stuck on LB3. Getting to the point where my Hati are getting killed off...so 3-orbs isn't the panacea it used to be. (The rest of my party dies so quickly, I can still get the kill from a revive fruit.)

elty

Grats to both of you; I'll be taking on Lv. 90 tonight, still stuck on LB3. Getting to the point where my Hati are getting killed off...so 3-orbs isn't the panacea it used to be. (The rest of my party dies so quickly, I can still get the kill from a revive fruit.)
I was LB2 at lv90 so you are already one of better.

Rarutos

Congrats guys who MLB Hatifas. I kind of gave up at 84ish since I'm having a hard time beating her even with two Hatis with 3 Souls lol, have her at LB2.

Congrats guys who MLB Hatifas. I kind of gave up at 84ish since I'm having a hard time beating her even with two Hatis with 3 Souls lol, have her at LB2.
On the final wave send the Hatis towards the (ghost?) knights so they get blinded (60% attack bonus) and only then activate the buffer/dancer/Hati chain. I also was LB2 at 84 and now I am MLB at 100. I can't finish levels without at least a revival fruit anymore so I will only help others until the end.

BJK

On the final wave send the Hatis towards the (ghost?) knights so they get blinded (60% attack bonus) and only then activate the buffer/dancer/Hati chain. I also was LB2 at 84 and now I am MLB at 100. I can't finish levels without at least a revival fruit anymore so I will only help others until the end.

You'd be amazed how much of a difference this makes; I made a few tweaks to my lineup (burned a stamina fruit to finish off Rino's 100 AP / 2nd ability quest for her wave heal, plus I lucked into a 3rd raid weapon - both extras from chests), used this strategy, and I was able to finish Lv. 94 without a revive or vigor fruit.

...and with the bonus coins from the Lv. 94 reward? The last Hatifas I needed.

Going to 100 for the premium ticket & then blissfully done with this event, though I'll try to use my orbs on help requests.

pariah164

Good to see this thread alive, for the most part, as I just joined in. I'm already almost maxed out on units and have no idea which to toss. Just like every other F2P RPG on my phone...

Gizuko

Good to see this thread alive, for the most part, as I just joined in. I'm already almost maxed out on units and have no idea which to toss. Just like every other F2P RPG on my phone...

Keep your 3, 4 and 5* and get rid of everyone else you aren't currently using.

There are a couple of interesting 1 and 2*, which are:

Latty - Best 1-2* cleric.
Kain - You need to limit break him and finish his quests in order to unlock the abilities of his 4* counterpart (you'll get that card after you catch up with the current story, but better think ahead)
Michidia - Same as Kain.
Marina - Same as Kain.
Lizerotte - limitbreak her as well, when the kizuna systems launches her ability will be useful (+8% skill boost, but don't mind that much for now).

There are 3* tiers lists but if you are going f2p and are just starting, better keep them just in case. Just one copy is enough in most cases, but feel free to limitbreak those you use most.

Also, why is everyone changing ther lead back to something else? I thought the raid ended the day after tomorrow, in the morning (EU side).

Quixzlizx

I have a question mostly for our jpcc veterans about putting together a mono-mage team. I mainly want to know if I should do some more Hati pulls. I currently have about 3150p stashed away, and I'm about 70% done with the hunt missions. I don't know how replaceable Hati will be later on, or whether I should YOLO for her now. This is currently what I have put together (current party members in bold):

Runefencer/Tank:
LB1 Hati
LB0 Febrya
Overall Best Unit: ???

Crowd Control:
(eventually) MLB Liam
LB1 Cleora
Overall Best Unit: Cheery

Nuke:
MLB Hatifas
MLB Rasphia
LB1 Velnar
LB1 Aelle Gloon
Overall Best Unit: Aludra?

Healer:
LB2 Elemia
Overall Best Unit: Elemia?

Sub Party:
LB0 Vienta (I can get her up to LB2, but will this actually make a difference, or should I sell the extra copies for rings?
LB1 Phoena
I guess I'd put in MLB Frau for Phoena for missions that require only mages.
Overall Best Units: ?

Other random utility units:
LB0 Roxanna

pariah164

Keep your 3, 4 and 5* and get rid of everyone else you aren't currently using.

There are a couple of interesting 1 and 2*, which are:

Latty - Best 1-2* cleric.
Kain - You need to limit break him and finish his quests in order to unlock the abilities of his 4* counterpart (you'll get that card after you catch up with the current story, but better think ahead)
Michidia - Same as Kain.
Marina - Same as Kain.
Lizerotte - limitbreak her as well, when the kizuna systems launches her ability will be useful (+8% skill boost, but don't mind that much for now).

There are 3* tiers lists but if you are going f2p and are just starting, better keep them just in case. Just one copy is enough in most cases, but feel free to limitbreak those you use most.

Also, why is everyone changing ther lead back to something else? I thought the raid ended the day after tomorrow, in the morning (EU side).
Could I use the 1* and 2* for enhancement fodder?

My current teams are:

Yoyo (Leader) Level 11
Elemia Level 8
Latty Level 12
Rhuna Level 10
Knuckle Level 4
Palna Level 5

Io (Leader) level 2
Iris Level 4
Pulna Level 1
Michidia Level 10
Roberta Level 3
Whargman Level 1

I've never touched Kain, though he's still in my deck somewhere.

h0tp0ck3t

Screenshot_2015-11-08-15-58-53_zpsvhfxzswf.png

Well there it is MLB Hatifas. Fuck Gumi and this stupid raid

elty

You can but it is not very cost effective. What I usually do is I will MLB a 1* and 2* first - this usually bring the arcana to lv3 or 4. Then feed it to a matching class less than lv25.

A lv3 1* is about equivalent to a 1* enhancer for exp.

I have a question mostly for our jpcc veterans about putting together a mono-mage team. I mainly want to know if I should do some more Hati pulls. I currently have about 3150p stashed away, and I'm about 70% done with the hunt missions. I don't know how replaceable Hati will be later on, or whether I should YOLO for her now. This is currently what I have put together (current party members in bold):

Hati's the best melee mage right now. Of course JPCC manages to release a demon, Alfin that completely eclipses her but this is really more of a case if you want to wait or not. and if gumi will screw up her raid as well

I mean a LB1 Hati will work pretty well and she does pair up nicely with the demon hunter for Alfin's raid.

I mean your mage party looks pretty solid and can't remember off the top of my head any upcoming mages that are definitely needed outside of the ones in the Hakumei tavern (which will probably take months to actually come to global anyway)

pariah164

You can but it is not very cost effective. What I usually do is I will MLB a 1* and 2* first - this usually bring the arcana to lv3 or 4. Then feed it to a matching class less than lv25.

A lv3 1* is about equivalent to a 1* enhancer for exp.
That makes sense. I'm a terrible hoarder; I try to keep every unit I earn.

Gizuko

Runefencer/Tank:
LB1 Hati
LB0 Febrya
Overall Best Unit: ???

Crowd Control:
(eventually) MLB Liam
LB1 Cleora
Overall Best Unit: Cheery

Nuke:
MLB Hatifas
MLB Rasphia
LB1 Velnar
LB1 Aelle Gloon
Overall Best Unit: Aludra?

Healer:
LB2 Elemia
Overall Best Unit: Elemia?

Sub Party:
LB0 Vienta (I can get her up to LB2, but will this actually make a difference, or should I sell the extra copies for rings?
LB1 Phoena
I guess I'd put in MLB Frau for Phoena for missions that require only mages.
Overall Best Units: ?

Other random utility units:
LB0 Roxanna

IMO, it goes like this:

Runefencer/Tank:
Overall Best Unit: Alphim. Demon and club user. Can also heal while in your side of the field. Easy to MLB if you factor out Gumi's features.
-Carmille and Hati are runners-up.

Crowd Control:
Overall Best Unit: Cheery (Cleora really, but nobody wants that kind of CC)

Nuke:
Overall Best Unit: Cheery if you mind mana (~13k special at LB2), until Rin comes out (5th tavern)

Healer:
Overall Best Unit: Clara? - lighthouse girl, her skill damages enemies and heals allies for the amount damaged or something like that. Still a ways off.
Right now: Yona. Elemia probably overheals. Unless you can't kizuna blind inmunity, which would make Elemia better - unless you have a Hati :eek:
Situational: Shauna (heals 100 hp every few seconds (2-3?) to all spear/club users).

SP: There are better mage-class buffers than Vienta, but I don't think they are out yet, nor do I know when will the launch.
You don't need the extra Vientas, although it's pretty nice to have a decent unit come out after the first death (meaning, it's useful to LB sp-buffers but if you need the rings are better off selling them).

Mage-only quests aren't too hard (with a couple of exceptions, thanks to event missions, if I recall correctly), so you don't need to min-max teams for them. If you want a mage team for time-gate stages, that's something else then.

Probably the best team would be something like:
Hati
Alphim
2xShauna
Rin/Cheery/Clara

Switching 1 Shauna for Clara instead of switching out Cheery would be fine as well, but since she buffs mages I'm not too sure about it.

My current teams are:

Yoyo (Leader) Level 11
Elemia Level 8
Latty Level 12
Rhuna Level 10
Knuckle Level 4
Palna Level 5

Io (Leader) level 2
Iris Level 4
Pulna Level 1
Michidia Level 10
Roberta Level 3
Whargman Level 1

I've never touched Kain, though he's still in my deck somewhere.

I take your best units are Elemia and Io?
Elemia is a nice healer if you are using mages, and will probably help you more than Latty even if you don't use mages. However, since her skill is 2-mana, you need to use her with as many different classes as possible (so that the mana slot will have a higher chance of producing purple mana).
Try to build a Mage-Soldier-Cleric team with (for example) Elemia+Io+Hero+Latty and 1 archer and 1 knight for the subparty (fighting with a team with 5 different classes -also called rainbow team- will eventually net you some premium tickets for the tavern/event gachas).

Yes, feel free to use them as fodder, unless you are low on gold, since they aren't very cost efficient. Try to match classes (enhancing a knight with a another knight character or knight enhancer gives 100% exp, while using a different class will net you about ~80% exp) and level 1 and 2* fodder up to level 2, as an example, if you wanted to enhance Elemia with 1-2* fodder:

Enhance Mage A (2* fodder) with Mage B (1* fodder) so that Mage A is level 2 and gives a bit more of experience. Then, enhance Elemia with Mage A.

Also, 1* and 2* characters (enhancers are fine) give very little to no exp. If you are tight on gold, sell them instead.

Also, a couple of miscellaneous tips: Don't pull with Arcana Coins in the normal gacha, use the Challenge gacha instead (2k coins per pull) since it nets you a rare and you might pull the ring exchange featured character (Scherezard right now).

Sell 3* (rare) enhancers and forgers (weapon enhancers). Give 3*^weapons to 3, 4 and 5* characters you use. Sell the rest. Rings are very important.

Quixzlizx

Hati's the best melee mage right now. Of course JPCC manages to release a demon, Alfin that completely eclipses her but this is really more of a case if you want to wait or not. and if gumi will screw up her raid as well

I mean a LB1 Hati will work pretty well and she does pair up nicely with the demon hunter for Alfin's raid.

I mean your mage party looks pretty solid and can't remember off the top of my head any upcoming mages that are definitely needed outside of the ones in the Hakumei tavern (which will probably take months to actually come to global anyway)

Damn, Alfin isn't fucking around.

I guess I'll save my prysma for now, then. The second tavern is really only good for archer/knight teams, right?

Gizuko said:
Lots of stuff

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be getting Cheery any time soon, or ever :lol

Gizuko

Wow. There's layers to this game I knew nothing about. Thanks.

My rares are Elemia, Ioh, Vanessa, Iris, the MC (I renamed him to Pari), Bilgitto, Baiset, Haruaki, and Thrax. I'm only missing Archers.

Oh, I don't know if you have gotten used to Vanessa yet, but she is rather unique. Clerics heal every X seconds and when the enemy they are attacking (as in, hitting with the staff) dies. Vanessa is often used like that due to her small healing are but high attack, instead of simply standing at the back.

She is rather unique, as I said, definitely not for everybody.

Iris isn't very good, but is a fine starter, feel free to use her if you can fit her in, but Hero's cost is 0, so...

By the way, if you want, feel free to post your friend id, some of us might have free spots (I do).

------

News flash: I just used a single soul by mistake, manually gave up, and was back to three souls. So, they gave me my soul back (a rather eerie statement).

Wth Gumi.

Edit:
My friend ID is 106,390,909

I think I'll keep Latty as my healer, she's doing good work. I may use Yoyo to level up one of my rare Soldiers, give them a boost.

Added you, I'm GizGAF

pariah164

Oh, I don't know if you have gotten used to Vanessa yet, but she is rather unique. Clerics heal every X seconds and when the enemy they are attacking (as in, hitting with the staff) dies. Vanessa is often used like that due to her small healing are but high attack, instead of simply standing at the back.

She is rather unique, as I said, definitely not for everybody.

Iris isn't very good, but is a fine starter, feel free to use her if you can fit her in, but Hero's cost is 0, so...

By the way, if you want, feel free to post your friend id, some of us might have free spots (I do).
My friend ID is 106,390,909

I think I'll keep Latty as my healer, she's doing good work. I may use Yoyo to level up one of my rare Soldiers, give them a boost.

Damn, Alfin isn't fucking around.

I guess I'll save my prysma for now, then. The second tavern is really only good for archer/knight teams, right?

yeah, the upcoming tavern is mostly the core for knight/gunner teams besides having one really op warrior

afterwards is beasts, with even more amazing warriors and then finally Hakumei which has all the op mages

chrono01

Also, hi rare weapon draw: Erforschen. Who do I give this to?
One of your Mages, preferably your hardest hitter. Don't give it to Hati and upgrade over her default weapon, that's what makes her such a powerhouse for this raid. The weapon's effect is only applicable to this raid, so feel free to upgrade to whatever afterwards.

Azusa

Pulled Lilith from VIP free recruit! I still can't believe it.

In other news I'm at level 124 with LB1 Hatifas.
There is no hope, raid is over. I need to use two sets of 3 souls to clear the level.

Gizuko

yeah, the upcoming tavern is mostly the core for knight/gunner teams besides having one really op warrior

afterwards is beasts, with even more amazing warriors and then finally Hakumei which has all the op mages

I think Sin came out after beasts and before hakumei. I remember having to finish the last hakumei quests before entering iron smoke.

garath

Hmm. All the people saying hati is good. Maybe I should try to get at least one copy. I just broke 1k prysma in anticipation of the second tavern

elty

Hmm. All the people saying hati is good. Maybe I should try to get at least one copy. I just broke 1k prysma in anticipation of the second tavern
I was thinking about this, but I thought a LB0 non buffer would be a limited use. May as well try to get the ring rune fencer.

Top Bottom