• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

BJK

It looks like I'll have 123 Festive Tickets before this vent is over.
Any suggestions of who I should get?

Liam or Teresa are the popular picks, depending on your need for stats vs. AoE damage. I'm leaning towards Liam, personally.

I thought you could do 1 Colo battle every hour, now I noticed it's 10 battles every hour and aggree that this is way too tiring...

You recover one battle an hour, and can store up to 10 battles at a time; you don't get 10 battles per hour. Even at the current pace, it's annoying. As someone who can commit to an in-game grind, however...I think this new system will provide me more Prysma than the old one did.

chrono01

Ugh. Used my prem ticket accidentally instead of challenge gatcha.
Exactly as planned. /Gumi

The 30 AP/4200XP quest is now live. I'm Rank 97, so I might push for Rank 100. I'm not going to go crazy though, I want to save my Stamina Fruit for tower events, and my Fortune Rings for gatcha characters. Knowing my luck, I'll need as many as I can get.

chrono01

Gunners coming on the 30th! That includes Mira [Milla], one of the staples of the Gunner/Knight team [the other being Morgan]. Here's hoping I can actually manage to pull her and that the pool isn't diluted too much.

Also, if you logged in every day, you should be able to get your Liam x5. I just got mine.

I'm still doing the ring loop. I'm up to 18k now, I'll probably try for 20k if I can, but it's becoming extremely monotonous.

Edit: Damn it, sorry for the double post.

Rixa

Gunners coming on the 30th! That includes Mira [Milla], one of the staples of the Gunner/Knight team [the other being Morgan]. Here's hoping I can actually manage to pull her and that the pool isn't diluted too much.

Also, if you logged in every day, you should be able to get your Liam x5. I just got mine.

I'm still doing the ring loop. I'm up to 18k now, I'll probably try for 20k if I can, but it's becoming extremely monotonous.

Edit: Damn it, sorry for the double post.

PSA PSA PSA:

Dont pull from event!

We should get Ocean Dawn tavern soon. There should be less 5* units to dilute pulls. Also tavern has 10+1. This event doesnt have one.

Iam doing hunt missions for Prysma for preparating to Ocean Dawn tavern incoming (my guess few weeks, cause they introduce gunners now).

chrono01

PSA PSA PSA:

Dont pull from event!

We should get Ocean Dawn tavern soon. There should be less 5* units to dilute pulls. Also tavern has 10+1. This event doesnt have one.

Iam doing hunt missions for Prysma for preparating to Ocean Dawn tavern incoming (my guess few weeks, cause they introduce gunners now).
The thing is, I can't do a 10+1 because I have Premium Tickets, so single pulls are my only option. :(

I'll wait and see how the rates are before I decide. I'd like to be able to go for both Morgan and Mira/Milla together, as I need both, but if people are having a lot of success with the festival, I might give it a try and see. I definitely won't go beyond my ticket count [20], or if people aren't pulling anything nice. But yes, if they dilute the pool [which they probably will], it's just going to make it more frustrating to pull Milla. The notice doesn't mention any additional units, but I know it's what Gumi usually does.

I have 1990 Prysma now, with more Hunt missions to do. I want to complete more of them, but I'm running the 30AP/4200XP quest now as much as I can, since it's the best AP/XP ratio quest we'll have in a long time. I want to make it at least to Rank 100 [I'm 98 now]. I might use a few of my Stamina Fruit to hurry it up so I can return to doing Hunts...

Rixa

The thing is, I can't do a 10+1 because I have Premium Tickets, so single pulls are my only option. :(

I'll wait and see how the rates are before I decide. I'd like to be able to go for both Morgan and Mira/Milla together, as I need both, but if people are having a lot of success with the festival, I might give it a try and see. I definitely won't go beyond my ticket count [20], or if people aren't pulling anything nice. But yes, if they dilute the pool [which they probably will], it's just going to make it more frustrating to pull Milla. The notice doesn't mention any additional units, but I know it's what Gumi usually does.

I have 1990 Prysma now, with more Hunt missions to do. I want to complete more of them, but I'm running the 30AP/4200XP quest now as much as I can, since it's the best AP/XP ratio quest we'll have in a long time. I want to make it at least to Rank 100 [I'm 98 now]. I might use a few of my Stamina Fruit to hurry it up so I can return to doing Hunts...

Both Mira (Milla) & Morgan will be in Ocean Tavern.

chrono01

Both Mira & Morgan will be in Ocean Tavern.
Oh, I know. But if I can use a few of my tickets to get Milla now [and then Morgan at the Tavern when she's released], that'd be great. Again, it depends on the rate of the festival, they can vary. Hati had okay rates, but some of the other ones [such as Lorne, the Blacksmith girl] was pretty bad.

At least with this festival, we should be getting V 2.1 with it [or, at least, very close to it] since they mention the festival units will be added to Ocean's Dawn once the festival ends. So we'll probably get 2.1 in the next couple of weeks.

Rixa

Also Mira & Morgan abilities open in that Ocean Dawn tavern. Funny to see how diluted that event gacha is going to be, prolly 16 or so 5* again :p.

chrono01

Also Mira & Morgan abilities open in that Ocean Dawn tavern. Funny to see how diluted that event gacha is going to be, prolly 16 or so 5* again :p.
Yeah, I'm guessing there will be at least 10 advertised units. Gotta dilute that pool as much as they can. :(

elty

Someone claimed you only get login bonus / festive tickets if your daily cost login is between 0:00 to 16:00 PST. So if you login everyday but somehow miss tickets then it is the likely cause.

chrono01

Someone claimed you only get login bonus / festive tickets if your daily cost login is between 0:00 to 16:00 PST. So if you login everyday but somehow miss tickets then it is the likely cause.
Yeah, you need to log in after the day switches over [12AM PT] but before the game changes dailies at...4PM [PT], I believe it was. So it's not a whole day, which messed up my daily login on more than one occasion. I've been a lot more active the last while [farming Fortune Rings and such], so it hasn't been an issue for me. Still, it's a good thing to keep in mind!

Oh, speaking of Fortune Rings, I finally broke 20k. I have so many character enhancers stockpiled [in my inventory as well as gift box], so I'll probably farm a few more and then start purchasing Stamina Fruit with them [saying above 20k rings]. Granted I have a decent amount of fruit already [75, IIRC], but I'd like to hit 100 if I can. I know 20k FR sounds like overkill, and it probably is, but considering the number of Ring Gatcha characters I'd like to MLB, I'll need as many as I can get.

ah_hia

With ring gacha in JP, it usually needs 800 rings to mlb the unit. It could be less but definitely less than 1k. Unless GUMI nerfs the rate so hard, you should be good now.

chrono01

With ring gacha in JP, it usually needs 800 rings to mlb the unit. It could be less but definitely less than 1k. Unless GUMI nerfs the rate so hard, you should be good now.
Sounds good. I'll just grind out Stamina Fruit then [via Fortune Rings] to use for later events. Maybe stockpile them to 100 or so.

Edit: Oh man, I purchased too many fruit. I didn't think it was so much [162]. >_>

Oh well, at least I'm good for a while.

Sounds good. I'll just grind out Stamina Fruit then [via Fortune Rings] to use for later events. Maybe stockpile them to 100 or so.

Edit: Oh man, I purchased too many fruit. I didn't think it was so much [162]. >_>

Oh well, at least I'm good for a while.

What would you do if Gumi puts a premium ticket ring purchase? In JPCC they have put them a few times during some events usually with a max of 10 purchases but I think that the first time they did put the exchange it didn't had limits (1 PT for 40 rings).

chrono01

What would you do if Gumi puts a premium ticket ring purchase? In JPCC they have put them a few times during some events usually with a max of 10 purchases but I think that the first time they did put the exchange it didn't had limits (1 PT for 40 rings).
If Gumi ever made them available in Global, I could easily see myself purchasing the maximum amount each time they did. If they did the first release without limit, well...I'm sure many Fortune Rings would be spent.

I wouldn't spend them all, since I want to save a nice amount of Ring Gatcha characters, since that's the only way to get them and some of them are really incredible. Having a limit would definitely make my urge to spend more than I should a non-reality, haha.

ah_hia

When Gumi switches over to the current system in jp for premium tickets, Every month, 1st 5 tickets will be worth 25 rings each and the next 10 tickets will cost 50 rings each. Rings are more precious now because they nerfed 3 star weapons and enhancers to 0 rings.

AQFsW4m.png

Well that's new and not listed in the original sale.

chrono01

Well that's new and not listed in the original sale.

LOL! 15 Premium Tickets for $4.44. Clearly they meant Prysma, but I'd screenshot, purchase it, and then open a ticket to Gumi saying you didn't get what you purchased. They'd have no choice but to give it to you.

Incredible deal, even if it is a mistake.

Edit: Wow, some guy on CCF purchased it and it actually gave him 15 tickets. Why can't I get this deal!?

Edit: I keep getting the "deal", but it's not the Premium Ticket one, just Prysma. They probably fixed it already. :(

LOL! 15 Premium Tickets for $4.44. Clearly they meant Prysma, but I'd screenshot, purchase it, and then open a ticket to Gumi saying you didn't get what you purchased. They'd have no choice but to give it to you.

Incredible deal, even if it is a mistake.

Edit: Wow, some guy on CCF purchased it and it actually gave him 15 tickets. Why can't I get this deal!?

Edit: I keep getting the "deal", but it's not the Premium Ticket one, just Prysma. They probably fixed it already. :(

I purchased it and at first it looked like I only got 50 prysma, but the tickets and the bonus prysma were in my giftbox. Shame about it not popping up anymore though.

elty

Just beat the challenge quest with 10 revival. Hatifas is worse than I thought because she lost the wave +atk after a death,.

chrono01

Oh nice, new story content available. Maybe Ocean's Dawn Tavern is available now? Although the game freezes when I click no Dawn Isle. :/

Azusa

Arena season is ended. I think they are calculating the final ranks.

Oh nice, new story content available. Maybe Ocean's Dawn Tavern is available now? Although the game freezes when I click no Dawn Isle. :/

Same here. I have changed language and it worked.

Azusa

Wow! So many event missions + the new chapter + new tavern (yes?) + new units (gunners). Finally a decent update after v2 launch.
I hope to see kuzuna system very soon.

Rixa

Reached Daybreak Isle tavern. Its 1.7x rates again for my small 10+1 sample :p

3* Ren, 3* Gaspard, 3* Guy, 4* Tia, 3* Relda, 3* Gina, 3* Gina, 3* Neau, 3* Neau 3* Meldix, 3* Lotta

tl;dr 10x3* 1x4*.

My interest to this game is diminishing really fast.

chrono01

3* Ren, 3* Gaspard, 3* Guy, 4* Tia, 3* Relda, 3* Gina, 3* Gina, 3* Neau, 3* Neau 3* Meldix, 3* Lotta

tl;dr 10x3* 1x4*.

:(

Damn, that's a lot of stuff dumped at once - right when I'm at the point where I finished chain stories and decided to rush the storyline. I now wish that I focused on story quests so I can get to the new tavern. Guess it's time for me to try and get all the event stuff over and done with as fast as I can. ;3;

tl;dr 10x3* 1x4*.

Do you mean 1.7% for UR? Even at 7% there is a 45% chance of not getting a UR in a 10+1.

chrono01

20 Premium Tickets and 150 Prysma

- Rhynel
- Mille
- Mille
- Faceless
- Connely [New]
- Arietta [Dupe]
- Envy
- Aida
- Mille
- Baltro [New, nice I guess?]
- Aida
- Yona
- Constance [New]
- Vienta [Dupe]
- Killie
- Faceless
- Aida
- Faceless
- Constance [LB1?]
- Constance [LB2?]
- Tubalao [New, no idea who this is]
- Yona
- MILLA!! [New, and I'm done here]

I know, probably should have waited for the Tavern, but considering Rixa's post above, I figured I'd take the risk. I got several new units but, most importantly, Milla. Now I just need Morgan...

Rixa

20 Premium Tickets and 150 Prysma

- MILLA!! [New, and I'm done here]

I know, probably should have waited for the Tavern, but considering Rixa's post above, I figured I'd take the risk. I got several new units but, most importantly, Milla. Now I just need Morgan...

You did good :) Grats from those units.

Small OT: Million Arthur 2 (Kai-ri-Sei Million Arthur) is released in SEA. It is very different from MA1 so far good but it is somewhat time consuming :p. Iam running Bard there.

You can find android apk using keywords: Kai-ri-Sei Million Arthur
Give it a try. As launch event youre guaranteed 2x5* in 10 pulls and other goodies.
For me downloading was really slow (closer to 30mins than 5mins), so I rerolled only once.

Top Bottom