• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

Finally.

Took me almost 50 Ring draws, but I'm very happy.
Finally? And it took ~50 rings. You are lucky indeed to get it with so few rings.

Yeah, in the third battle I used 2 and on the last one I used like 3.

So I used around 7 fruits total for the thing. It was well worth it because Phoenia is now my main healer, and she replaces Vanessa.

You are going to do it wrong.

- Phoena is not a good healer.
- Phoenas place is in sub party slot 2.

See the Phoenas stats & skills
As a healer she is very bad one.

Phoena ability 2 said:
Volunteer Cheer
The encouraging cheers you give from the sub-party boosts main party attack power and decreases damage taken. Phoena's unique ability.
15% attack boost and reduces damage by 10%

Use Vanessa as healer or Melvina if you cant stand Vanessas low healing range. Definetly add Phoena to sub party.

Rixa

I see, Vanessa is good. I just wish I could MLB her, but she has been my standby for a long while.

Yeah Vanessa is good go with it before you get better healer (5*) or Arietta or Marina v2 (which you get in some point of book 2 story).

The boost Phoena gives from sub party is huge.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Yeah Vanessa is good go with it before you get better healer (5*) or Arietta or Marina v2 (which you get in some point of book 2 story).

The boost Phoena gives from sub party is huge.

How is Mei? I recently got her high up with the scharazard thing, but her in game model is REALLY CREEPY.

elty

For once I am lucky , got my first Inami in 20 pulls then four more in 38.

I still feel burnt for pulling 41 times with only one UR in v2.

in global:
my luck seems more sporadic in ring looping
sometimes I'll get a whole bunch, sometimes I'll completely miss out on getting any in a 10-15 pull spree
I have been slowly increasing my ring totals though, but I have been more eyeing to just leveling everyone at this point lol
---------------------------------------------------

in japan:
so supposedly this tower event is really easy? lol
high multiplier on characters and weapons (even though I'm still against dropping 40 rings for an event weapon)
no crazy enemies to make your life hell
even more interesting is that sega completely removed the rankings for this tower event too

Krorg

in japan:
so supposedly this tower event is really easy? lol
high multiplier on characters and weapons (even though I'm still against dropping 40 rings for an event weapon)
no crazy enemies to make your life hell
even more interesting is that sega completely removed the rankings for this tower event too

The regular archers on the level 75 quest can do damage but otherwise it's straightforward. I use Lindsey, Spiriona, Toa, and Lyudmila is there to take out the dancers. Niu and Phoena are subs.

I am still in disbelief about the ring loop, I still play mostly only to consume my current AP and try to use Stamina Fruits only when the AP is 0 even if now nothing matters since I have made enough rings to purchase 1 year worth of AP regeneration.

Next week there is a quest that gives 4200 rank up xp for 30 AP, I could make more rank xp than in I have made in the last 9 months if I wanted.

Gizuko

I have ended up using Kirarane in my TE team, moving Trelancia to sub. I still can't believe she can out-dps an event SR, even if it's not an SSR.

chrono01

This Fortune Ring loop is the best thing ever. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon, probably after the upcoming maintenance. I can see Gumi increasing the purchase of the Arcana Coins via FR so it's not as easily profitable, or maybe getting rid of them entirely, but as of right now, it's amazing.

I started with:

- 900 Fortune Rings
- 11 million gold [around there]
- Many 4*/5* characters to level

I now have:

- 13,202 Fortune Rings
- Just under 32 million gold
- Every single one of my 4*/5* characters completely leveled
- Around 400 more 3* character enhancers in my inventory/gift box, as well as 10 of each weapon enhancer

I have something like 72 Stamina Fruit too, so I'm okay there. I'm going to try to hit 15k Fortune Rings before the maintenance. The best thing? I obtained these via in-game mechanics, so there's no reason for Gumi to ban/revert my account. I've seen some people use auto-clicking programs to farm overnight, which may/may not be detectable, but everything I earned I did so through my own diligence.

I'm relieved to know that I'll be okay for Fortune Rings, as well as characters XP, for a while.

In 3 weeks there is the 1 year anniversary of Global, if I understood correctly what I have read in the JP anniversary event there was a 1 Premium Ticket for 40 rings offer (unlimited times?) or something like that.

Avalt

Just got a UR Rino from the vip gatcha :p That makes her the 11th UR mage I own...
Still waiting for my 2nd UR healer thou :(

Azusa

UP!

Captains! Maintenance has already been ended. Please accept x1 Stamina Fruit & x1 Premium Ticket as a token of our gratitude for your unwavering support and patience which will be given within 72 hours.
You may NOW log-in to the game to continue your journey and adventures in the land of Yggdra!

Rixa

150 seems to be Prysma range:
Screenshot_2015-11-23-13-02-42.png
Screenshot_2015-11-23-13-04-11.png
Screenshot_2015-11-23-13-05-56.png
Weekly rewards, 2k gacha seems to have same rate than earlier. It is shit to use tho, everytime you pull from 2k it goes top of screen and you need to scroll down.

Azusa

I still using Coro spin to win + Lindsey and Tristan as support. Arietta to heal up and Phoena+Roxanna for speed boost. Maybe its time to re-evaluate my PvP team.

Any suggestions for defence teams? My defence are 3 5*knights + Frau/Juliana+Roxanna

bonkeng

That means we have to do 24 battles per day, 168 battles per week.

But this system seems more fair than the previous one, as you can accumulate battles for 10hrs.

Is the timer the same for VIP and F2P? 1hr per battle?

Rixa

Mage AOE nerf is back:

- LB0 Aludra in Gauntlet around 4k
- LB2 Liam in Gauntlet around 3.6k and to slowed targets around 4.6k

Also we get 1 Prem tix and stam fruit as maintenance comp.

Avalt

13 pulls from this festival:

1x Isabel
1x Lilith (finally...)
2x Toka (already have a MLB one, so real bad luck here)
9x 3* junk

elty

So ring loop is still possible but requires manual work.I guess I will settle for 14K ring.

New Colo is way too much work. This is like 24 battle a day for a free coin and honor point.

Azusa

Colo is boring. It was boring and nothing is changed. Only I cant get my 620 honor per day. Sad. No more free revival fruits every other day.

Looking for another F2P title to keep me busy, and reading the gacha thread and this caught my eye... Is this game alright for new players a year into release? Also any good starter guides? The first post hasn't been updated in ages and isn't too useful at this point for anyone wanting to get started.

garath

Looking for another F2P title to keep me busy, and reading the gacha thread and this caught my eye... Is this game alright for new players a year into release? Also any good starter guides? The first post hasn't been updated in ages and isn't too useful at this point for anyone wanting to get started.

I've been playing what seems like forever. Two years? I don't even know at this point. Of all the gatcha games I've played, this is probably the least f2p friendly. The gatcha sucks, there are many many many strong characters that you can ONLY get through the gatcha. No evolving, no fusing, no ranking up. You get some premium currency but not nearly enough to make a solid team in the short term. Even in the long term, you will be behind the cash players for sure.

However, that said. It is possible to put together a decent f2p team through demon events and other character freebies. The friend system is great. The actual gameplay is neat. Its the game I've played the longest on my phone by a long shot. I still log in daily and really play once in awhile. The newest version did a LOT to improve the game.

Tldr; give it a shot. It's pretty fun.

As far as new player advice, reroll for a 5* - preferably nimpha or Lilith (I think new player can get her with the current festival right?)

chrono01

I'm genuinely surprised that Gumi didn't nerf the Challenge Gatcha rates. Sure, it's a bit more frustrating to actually do now, thanks to the scrolling, but it's sill an amazing source for Fortune Rings/enhancers.

I'm still farming them, just incase they do actually change it and, given how useful FR are, I want as many as I can.It's kind of insane how, six months ago, I was lucky to get 2 per day, now I'm getting hundreds.

sasuke_91

I still can't login, so something is definitely wrong. What happens to my progress if I reinstall the game? And I lost both my daily login reward and a ticket, so where can I ask for compensation?

chrono01

I still can't login, so something is definitely wrong. What happens to my progress if I reinstall the game? And I lost both my daily login reward and a ticket, so where can I ask for compensation?
Did you link your account to Facebook? If so, it's as easy as re-installing and logging in. Actually, if you're on iOS [I assume the same is true for Android], the game is actually tied to your device, so unless you do a factory reset on your phone, you can delete/re-install as many times as you want and your account will still be there. It makes re-rolling a pain, but it's good if you ever have to re-install the game.

As for compensation, once you can log back in you can try opening a ticket [from the main screen], although I'm not sure if they'll compensate you for this since it wasn't technically their fault. Regardless, I wish you luck!

Bleh, I liked getting free enhancers from Colo. I never did super well in it, but having a nice pile of 2* enhancers waiting for you in the inbox was always handy when you drew a new character.

Haven't been in the thread in a while but jeez, they increased the challenge gotcha rate? And everyone's been doing this infinite ring thing?

I need to check my subscribed threads more often haha. I just tried 3 pulls and 2 of them turned out to be Scherazard. Guess I'll spend my AC on this later when I have a lil bit more free time.

edit:
Wonder at what FR count I should stop at..

sasuke_91

Did you link your account to Facebook? If so, it's as easy as re-installing and logging in. Actually, if you're on iOS [I assume the same is true for Android], the game is actually tied to your device, so unless you do a factory reset on your phone, you can delete/re-install as many times as you want and your account will still be there. It makes re-rolling a pain, but it's good if you ever have to re-install the game.

As for compensation, once you can log back in you can try opening a ticket [from the main screen], although I'm not sure if they'll compensate you for this since it wasn't technically their fault. Regardless, I wish you luck!

Thank you, it worked as soon as I logged into Facebook (who knew that this would come in handy one day?). Daily Rewards were back to Rank 9 although I only missed 1 day, but whatever. I'll get enough Fortune Tickets anyway, and yesterday was Monday so I only missed one.

chrono01

Thank you, it worked as soon as I logged into Facebook (who knew that this would come in handy one day?). Daily Rewards were back to Rank 9 although I only missed 1 day, but whatever. I'll get enough Fortune Tickets anyway, and yesterday was Monday so I only missed one.
You're very welcome, I'm glad to see it all worked out for you!

A mad tea party never ends. I have finished this quest yesterday but its still there.
Yeah, see if you can complete it multiple times for that Prysma, haha.

Top Bottom