• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

garath

I ditched all my characters last night except my good ones, even if I haven't done their quest. This morning I did three characters quests and got the rewards.

The only time this won't work is if they have level requirements for their quest. Eddy is an example of this. He has three quests and one requires him to be 10

The only time this won't work is if they have level requirements for their quest. Eddy is an example of this. He has three quests and one requires him to be 10

I wish there was a site that listed what are the rewards for quests like that. I wouldn't mind leveling up cards with multiple questlines if prisma was the reward. Eddy for example has 3, his last one obviously unlocks his passive ability, but the middle is a mystery to me. Same goes for faceless.

Azusa

I wish there was a site that listed what are the rewards for quests like that. I wouldn't mind leveling up cards with multiple questlines if prisma was the reward. Eddy for example has 3, his last one obviously unlocks his passive ability, but the middle is a mystery to me. Same goes for faceless.

Faceless second quest gives prysma if I remember correctly. And Eddy second quest gives enhancer card. I did these quests last week.

Bombless

I'm in the same boat. Though I also want to complete the passive skills since I don't like seeing uncomplete tabs in my Characters book haha

garath

Want me to finish off that dragon kimchi and yaari? I have plenty of souls. Don't want to bug it though.

Edit: never mind. Its gone :)

Yaari

Want me to finish off that dragon kimchi and yaari? I have plenty of souls. Don't want to bug it though.

Ah I already took it :(.

I think I'll aim for 86 myself for the rest of the day. I've been stuck with souls and I already cleared 84.

Faceless second quest gives prysma if I remember correctly. And Eddy second quest gives enhancer card. I did these quests last week.
Ah cool, thanks! I wonder if there's a project somewhere that's keeping quest dialogue or ripping it from the game. (Not sure how much of that is via server, etc)

Edit - Whoa, I'm a member now. Yay Chain Chronicle!

Aki-at

I have 6 or so 3* taking space because they need to be leveled up to 20 or 30 and I want to complete their story before selling them haha

How have you been doing your card pulls? I usually leave my party/arcana limit full so if I get any rare cards they'll end up straight in my present box, no need to worry about running out of space! : P

Bombless

How have you been doing your card pulls? I usually leave my party/arcana limit full so if I get any rare cards they'll end up straight in my present box, no need to worry about running out of space! : P

I've had crazy luck with pulls so far. Tutorial ticket was 3* but then did 2 or 3 pulls with the prysma i got to start with (couldn't resist waiting until 500) and got 5* and 4* at the Holy Capital. The rest came from demon coin pulls. I also spent a ton of arcana coins, having a 5* tank captain helps getting a ton of that.

Orca

Giving the game a shot, but I have a handful of items/characters that are 301-bugged now. How do I get rid of them? Can't combine, can't sell...

Jomjom

Banned
If you look in the arcana archive in your chronicle tome thing you'll see these empty rectangles under each character portrait. That refers to how many character quests the arcana has. If you compare that to how many grayed out skills they have which can be seen on the character's card you can tell if the card has a quest that rewards prysma in all likelihood.

So, if the archive shows that the character has 3 quests, but only 2 grayed out passive skills to be learned, one of the quests probably rewards prysma. However some character quests do reward crappy enhancers or weapons.

KimChi

gah, idk why but the first lvl71 dragon shouldve died but bugged and disappeared :/, now the lvl71 dragon just keeps getting bugged ><. I'll put up more dragons since my soul orbs arent being used anyways.

JNA

Banned
Giving the game a shot, but I have a handful of items/characters that are 301-bugged now. How do I get rid of them? Can't combine, can't sell...

That happened to me, just close the game and restart it. It should work then.

Thanks everyone =D especially Aki-At for defeating that level 60 dragon ^__^. Do you think I should try for 63 and get that extra demon coins for extra pulls?

Aki-at

Thanks everyone =D especially Aki-At for defeating that level 60 dragon ^__^. Do you think I should try for 63 and get that extra demon coins for extra pulls?

No problem man! Congrats and by all means go for it, I'm willing to pool my remaining souls in helping anyone!

JNA

Banned
You know, since I'm playing this on my IPad, I think I'll make a second account on my phone. Could be good to do that during the stamina recharge time on my main account and sutff.

63 should be doable, go for it ^^

No problem man! Congrats and by all means go for it, I'm willing to pool my remaining souls in helping anyone!
Thanks for the help, also I was curious how many hours everyone else have till their daily events/reward switch over (by looking at how much longer certain bundles have). I'm guessing it swaps over for the region the player is cause I'm in the UK and it seems I have 3hr 28mins or so left.

KimChi

Thanks for the help, also I was curious how many hours everyone else have till their daily events/reward switch over (by looking at how much longer certain bundles have). I'm guessing it swaps over for the region the player is cause I'm in the UK and it seems I have 3hr 28mins or so left.

Pretty sure it is the same for everyone regardless of region, I'm seeing 3hrs 30min ish for the bundle, you can also check when the dailies refresh by looking at the time under them, shows 3 hrs for me.

Yaari

Everyone used all their Vigor Fruit?

Does anyone know if a new event turns on right after this one? I don't know how it works.

Pretty sure it is the same for everyone regardless of region, I'm seeing 3hrs 30min ish for the bundle, you can also check when the dailies refresh by looking at the time under them, shows 3 hrs for me.
Ah would've thought that users in NA and Japan will be subjected to their time zones. Whelp best get to 63 and use up all the coins.
Edit: 63 done thanks Yaari, Kimchi and everyone else who got me to it =D

Now let's hope the roll is nice to me this time XD

Does anyone know if a new event turns on right after this one? I don't know how it works.

Yeah, used mine up.

Been trying to help people kill their dragons. When the event is over, it's back to farming for me. Gonna need to start building up my soldiers for the next raid.

KimChi

No idea, Im guessing it will be a couple days before new event starts since there is no info about the next one yet.

Yaari

Well, with the event coming to an end, I have to say that between all the mobile games that run events, this has been by far one of the most enjoyable ones. 1HP bug aside.

Didn't pull any 5* card unfortunately, but it was a lot of fun. And it definitely helped me keep up with people playing since start. I made a ton of progress these few days. From 20 Fortune Rings towards a LB1 Lindsey with a possible Grief Sword.

garath

Well, with the event coming to an end, I have to say that between all the mobile games that run events, this has been by far one of the most enjoyable ones. 1HP bug aside.

Didn't pull any 5* card unfortunately, but it was a lot of fun. And it definitely helped me keep up with people playing since start. I made a ton of progress these few days. From 20 Fortune Rings towards a LB1 Lindsey with a possible Grief Sword.

Ditto. The event really catapulted me into actual competence. Getting Lindsey and the grief sword were huge considering I didn't re-roll for a 5* when starting the game.

And now I'm sitting on 600 prysma and a premium ticket. Bring on the rate up!

Yaari

Rate up? Is that part of the update in a few months? 0_0

*a year

It's far away.But they also do rate ups occasionally I might just do my pull then. As others said, who knows if I'll still be playing by then. If I really still play by the time V2 comes out, I'll buy new Phrysma for 50$.

Merun

As the event's end is drawing near, I will say that it was indeed enjoyable and pushed the social aspect of the game quite well :) Thanks krorg for your support! I should add some more gaffer to help me next time :p And of course, help other :)

Now, I just had some nice chat and gathered some information on what we can expect from the next demon raid, The demon of prison, Coropariton. Coro for short, Corporation if you can't remember. The informations were certainly from JCC, but there might be differences with what we get.

Unlike Katarith, she is a good arcana to keep. it doesn't seem like there will different bosses, just Coro. No unit will have bonus damage against her. Instead, you will need to get a sword from the gatcha to do bonus damage. Last but no least, she has twice as much HP than the dragon, but do less damage.

chrono01

Agreed.

I was a fan before the demon invasion, however now that I know how fun these events are, my love for the game has only increased. Here's hoping it doesn't take too long before the next one.

Rate up? Is that part of the update in a few months? 0_0
Nope. Occasionally [for a few days] the Taverns will have a "rate up", where they double the chances to obtain SR/UR cards. This is different than the standard rates currently in the JP version of the game, although they still get rate-up events too. That being said, the odds of a UR never increase beyond the default 7% in the JP version, but the chances of the SR cards do improve. If you have Prysma [or Premium Tickets] it's definitely worth it to wait for a rate-up.

If you're super patient, you could wait until we get Version 2 where the odds of getting a UR card get increased to 7% [greater than even the rate-up chance of 3.4%], but that's likely 6+ months away.

JNA

Banned
Aw that's a shame to hear the update being far and away. :(

As the event's end is drawing near, I will say that it was indeed enjoyable and pushed the social aspect of the game quite well :) Thanks krorg for your support! I should add some more gaffer to help me next time :p And of course, help other :)

Now, I just had some nice chat and gathered some information on what we can expect from the next demon raid, The demon of prison, Coropariton. Coro for short, Corporation if you can't remember. The informations were certainly from JCC, but there might be differences with what we get.

Unlike Katarith, she is a good arcana to keep. it doesn't seem like there will different bosses, just Coro. No unit will have bonus damage against her. Instead, you will need to get a sword from the gatcha to do bonus damage. Last but no least, she has twice as much HP than the dragon, but do less damage.

Her 2nd ability looks very good.

Vylash

good news if true, i need a better soldier

chrono01

Yeah, Coropariton is a great soldier. I'm looking forward to adding her to my party.

DON'T SELL THIS ONE FOR FORTUNE RINGS!

Here's hoping I can get multiple of her to LB her some.

Top Bottom