• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Azusa

Took me 65 tries to get Juliana :( 3xUR, 8xSR and 54xR

Gratz. I really want Juliana but I decided to separate my pulls. I'll do another batch tomorrow. Or maybe not.

I want to buy another prysma super bundle but it's so rare:( I have bought it only once. That bundle is the best value you can get and I'm waiting for it again.
Last time I was browsing my arcanas and when I opened Dusty card to check his weapon stats prysma bundle activated.

Insane.

Congrats!

Thanks, was hoping to get it less ;'(

I'm gonna save rest of my prysma for Lilth if she ever pop up

Gratz. I really want Juliana but I decided to separate my pulls. I'll do another batch tomorrow. Or maybe not.

I want to buy another prysma super bundle but it's so rare:( I have bought it only once. That bundle is the best value you can get and I'm waiting for it again.
Last time I was browsing my arcanas and when I opened Dusty card to check his weapon stats prysma bundle activated.

Kinda rare those one time deal, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pp-IpAEnVA2Q2YyLzA05fMbCkbPIQ2VBG0UbdTjKeA0/edit#gid=0 I only encountered twice when I started this game

Aki-at

Just did a pull and got Killie for the 5th time again dammit. Happy the stories continuing soon, I've only got half a dozen character quests before I have nothing to do!

Took me 65 tries to get Juliana :( 3xUR, 8xSR and 54xR

Yeah not bothering using anymore Prysma even though I really want Juliana :( congrats for you though!

Azusa

In Japan Chain Story Festival was in November and the first demon raid together with magic festival in August. Gumi has changed everything. No one can tell us what kind of event would be after this one.

I think it's a good thing. It would be boring if Gumi strictly fallow Japanese schedule. Who knows, maybe the next demon raid will be sooner than we expecting.

Azusa

Dearest Captains!
Please be informed that due to some unforseen circumstances, there will be some changes taking place for the Chain Story Festival 1 event. Kindly take note of the following:
- Broke Blade Oguma will be released tomorrow January 27 -8 UTC.
- Holy Queen Juliana will be removed from the pool of recruits for the duration of the event. Rest assured that Holy Queen Juliana on future events.
https://www.facebook.com/ChainChronicleGlobal/posts/1605590229671234

Gumi mistakes strike again.

garath

Well there went a premium ticket (3* Kille). Glad I didn't use any prysma yet. Still sitting on 600. Was going to do 2 pulls and save the 500 for a 10+1 down the line.

Though I note there isn't an option for a 10+1 pull? Only the 50 prysma single pull. That's strange.

edit: I wish Gumi was a little more repentant about these mistakes. In Monster Strike they'd toss you some orbs when they made a mistake. Especially one that COST you orbs.

garath

New chapters tomorrow! Chapter 7 and Chapter 8. New territory - Nine Territories of Fire.

Here is the three new UR available in the Nine Territories of Fire tavern:
http://chainchronicle.gamerch.com/Swordsman Princess Yoshino
http://chainchronicle.gamerch.com/Chief of Shinobi Chiyome
http://chainchronicle.gamerch.com/Old Swordsman Bokuten

New gatcha event with Juliana and other chain story characters. Sadly they didn't added new chain stories. Maybe they'll add it tomorrow? I hope.

Those new UR look pretty cool. I like soldiers. That's my party for sure.

I really need to focus on leveling up my current chars more than anything though. Level 33 Lindsey would be much better as a level 50 or 60 with a fully enhanced grief sword. Need enhancers!

garath

So should I spend some prysms to try to pull Juliana tomorrow?

It looks like they pulled her from the event completely. So no.

edit: So I'm at 45 fortune rings.. wonder if I should really grind hard and try to get a second Lindsey to LB her or just hold on to them. Leaning just holding on. It's going to take a long time to get Lindsey to 60 let alone 65.

elty

Pull is do expensive...it is essentially $5 per pull.

Does different tavern gives out different card for both premium and normal pull?

Aki-at

Pull is do expensive...it is essentially $5 per pull.

Does different tavern gives out different card for both premium and normal pull?

Different taverns give out different premiums, you can check which tavern has what from the recruit list.

Whilst a normal 2000 arcana coins pull can only be selected from the main recruit menu, you being in any odd tavern will not effect it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So is premium tickets primarily to get rare character cards? And is it a guaranteed? Only got one from the demon event.

Sell off rare and do daily event and get all chests to unlock the last one.

Yikes, no way I can get enough for Lindsey by the 31st. I have 4 rings atm :)

garath

Yikes, no way I can get enough for Lindsey by the 31st. I have 4 rings atm :)

Yeah. That'll be tough :( The only reason I was able to swing it was the demon event. Getting the 20 rings from level 50 demon drop and the 80 drop + all the random 3* characters I got throughout the event gave me around 100 in total.

commish

Yeah. That'll be tough :( The only reason I was able to swing it was the demon event. Getting the 20 rings from level 50 demon drop and the 80 drop + all the random 3* characters I got throughout the event gave me around 100 in total.

Well is she worth getting? If she's "omg so good" then I could try to grind it out, buy and sell some rares.

garath

Well is she worth getting? If she's "omg so good" then I could try to grind it out, buy and sell some rares.

From what I've read, she's one of the better 5* to have for a soldier party. She's not horribly dependent on limit breaking (needing multiples), has a great 1 mana skill for taking down single targets that also makes her invulnerable for a slice of time, and her secondary abilities (move speed and regen) are pretty good.

I think she's worth it if you can swing it. But that said, she should be coming around again. Maybe in a couple months?

Corgi

Banned
lol i remember saying i wanted to start this when there was a hot summoning event then completely forgot about the game.

Is it a good time now or soon?

Is there a good community about this game on reddit or other sites?

Hows the content drop so far? Scared because gumi is behind this, and they are fucking brave frontier quite bad recently.

elty

I was doing that daily enhancer quest.I unlock the first 2 chest but can't unlock the other 2 to get the final chest.....?

Asturie

I started playing this game yesterday, spent about 3 hours rerolling, never got a 5 star but did end up getting a 4 star Angelica. But I just noticed that you can pull from the chain story festival instead of from the tavern. Was I rerolling from the wrong place yesterday?

garath

I started playing this game yesterday, spent about 3 hours rerolling, never got a 5 star but did end up getting a 4 star Angelica. But I just noticed that you can pull from the chain story festival instead of from the tavern. Was I rerolling from the wrong place yesterday?

No, the event wasn't live yesterday so you're good.

I was doing that daily enhancer quest.I unlock the first 2 chest but can't unlock the other 2 to get the final chest.....?

It's random unfortunately :( The later chests have a smaller chance of dropping. Just have to keep trying.

CBTech

Few questions. Is it worth expanding your Arcana Limit using prysma? Is there a reason to keep units in your arcana that you aren't planning on using? Do you have to have them in your inventory to do their story missions or do you just have to initially recruit them? Any stand out 1-3 star units I should keep around if I get them? Are higher star units always better than lower star units?

Currently I've just been auto battling and fast forwarding through all fights. I take it later battles will be more difficult. I've been doing a lot of character quests. Only on main mission 1-4.

garath

Few questions. Is it worth expanding your Arcana Limit using prysma? Is there a reason to keep units in your arcana that you aren't planning on using? Do you have to have them in your inventory to do their story missions or do you just have to initially recruit them? Any stand out 1-3 star units I should keep around if I get them? Are higher star units always better than lower star units?

Currently I've just been auto battling and fast forwarding through all fights. I take it later battles will be more difficult. I've been doing a lot of character quests. Only on main mission 1-4.

Expand arcana? My opinion no. You don't need to keep any characters once you unlock their quests (unless they have some that are level dependent). View the character list through Menu and you can see how many quests each has.

Keep units you aren't planning on using? Probably not. I just sell off all the 1 stars and any 3 stars I don't think I'm using.

1-3 star units? Here's a good list of 3* units that are worth using as party units. http://chain-chronicle-forum.com/threads/a-beginners-guide-to-3★-characters.44/

There's also a couple 2*s worth using if you don't have better - Dusty (2* soldier) and Latty (2* healer). Dusty has high attack and is easy to Limit break. Latty has a higher healing radius and can replace your starter healer pretty quickly. They're both easy to get.

Higher star units are ALMOST always better. Notable exceptions are chars like Dusty and the Hero. The hero is worse than a normal 3* and Dusty is better than a normal 2*.

Pbae

That really is up to you. I would say stay with the amount for now unless you want to roll with multiple team setups. The downside of that is that it's going to be painful to level up the teams. I still haven't upgraded my arcana limit and I don't feel limited yet.

-The ones you should keep are the first three 1* characters (Kain, Michidia, Marina) because they will give you a very good rare weapon when you max their level and if you limit break them and max out their level, you'll get an upgraded 4* in the next update.

-Patricia is the same thing except you don't get a rare weapon, only an upgraded 4* in next major update.

-Notable 2*s are Latty, a decent healer that will carry you far if you don't have a healer and Dusty a warrior.

-3*s is up to you in regards to your team composition but someone before me posted a link of standout 3*s

Hope that helped.

Yaari

Wonder how many people will fall for the Juliana thing. They still got her listed in the Tavern. False advertisement IMO. Probably going to cost them a bit because I'm sure the majority of people spending money don't want anything else.

Pbae

Wonder how many people will fall for the Juliana thing. They still got her listed in the Tavern. False advertisement IMO. Probably going to cost them a bit because I'm sure the majority of people spending money don't want anything else.

I did.

Pulled once with premium ticket and got a Slay which nets me a Phoena!

commish

I am pretty much anti-story in every game imaginable except RPGs or games where the story is the main draw. That said, I do like the story in this game, at least for character stories. Just short and fun. Main story seems boring and cliche but it's not too long to scroll through a few scenes.

CBTech

Thanks everybody. So I just need to recruit the characters to play their stories. Even stories further in their line? You also mentioned a level requirement on some stories, so I'll keep an eye out for those.

elty

My nexus 7 was running fine yesterday, but now it crash everyone I get to the Sega screen so I cannot even enter the game. what can I do other than deleting everything which will reset my account? I haven't bind it to facebook yet.

I tried restarting my nexus 7 but no go.

Pbae

My nexus 7 was running fine yesterday, but now it crash everyone I get to the Sega screen so I cannot even enter the game. what can I do other than deleting everything which will reset my account? I haven't bind it to facebook yet.

I tried restarting my nexus 7 but no go.

Do you have your player ID number? If you do you might be able to send a ticket and see if that can resolve the situation.

elty

Wait, how does that work? Is it just Slay or any chain story character?

edit: Apparently any chain story character. Hoo boy. Continue rerolling!
I thought you can only get one of the three 5 star from the free summon? Is the nimpha still a good choice?

Corgi

Banned
huh, reading the OP. apparently its easy to reroll on android? Have a nexus 7 around somewhere. How does that work? Do I need to delete the apk or something?

After you sync with facebook, can I just login from my iphone after?

Top Bottom