• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

JNA

Banned
I remember hearing some people having LB4 Lindsey.

Are Fortune Rings easy to come by? How do I get them besides selling 3 star units? 0_0

Yaari

I remember hearing some people having LB4 Lindsey.

Are Fortune Rings easy to come back? How do I get them besides selling 3 star units? 0_0

You can sell anything on and above 3*. You can get them from Daily Quests, Daily Chest, all of it. I had some big luck running Daily Quests and getting 5 in a single day because the 4th chest was a 3* Enhancer card.

RIP Event. It's over people. I hope everyone reached their desired level.

JNA

Banned
You can sell anything on and above 3*. You can get them from Daily Quests, Daily Chest, all of it. I had some big luck running Daily Quests and getting 5 in a single day because the 4th chest was a 3* Enhancer card.

RIP Event. It's over people. I hope everyone reached their desired level.

Dang. I wish those daily quests didn't cost so much AP to do. :(

How much fortune rings do you get from daily quests?

Yaari

1 for the 10 AP one. 1 for the 20 AP one. But you need to get a 3* item to complete the 20AP one. So arguably 3 a day. But sometimes you obviously don't manage to complete the 20AP one. It's expensive and has poor rates.

Aki-at

50 Waves and 60 prysma after... Finally conquered Titan's Cave! Yes! Those final waves were CRAZY.

Normally I'd avoid putting in prysma to use a revive, but considering I'd have to put in 50 prysma's to get a pull for a 3* or above unit I thought I might as well use some of it. Not sure how this unit is going to fit into my team but he looks cool at least!

You get 1 from each daily quest after collecting all the chests.

EDIT: Also just noticed the event ended! What a shame but what a great thing it was. Already enjoyed this game but this really push through the social aspect and made it much more enjoyable, can't wait to try Demon Raid too, hopefully my team will be filled up with more 5* arcana's by then : 3

Once again thank you to all those who helped me reach 63 \(^^\)

Hope I can contribute more to you guys when the next similar event rolls around.

KimChi

Thanks for the help on those last few dragons, was expecting the event to end a little later. I think I had some demon coins left over I didnt get to use oh well. Now to work on beefing up army till next event.

Annd it's over. Back to grinding out dailes and slowly completing the story and free missions!

One good thing I found out is that you keep the Vigor fruit! So yay. :)

garath

As the event's end is drawing near, I will say that it was indeed enjoyable and pushed the social aspect of the game quite well :) Thanks krorg for your support! I should add some more gaffer to help me next time :p And of course, help other :)

Now, I just had some nice chat and gathered some information on what we can expect from the next demon raid, The demon of prison, Coropariton. Coro for short, Corporation if you can't remember. The informations were certainly from JCC, but there might be differences with what we get.

Unlike Katarith, she is a good arcana to keep. it doesn't seem like there will different bosses, just Coro. No unit will have bonus damage against her. Instead, you will need to get a sword from the gatcha to do bonus damage. Last but no least, she has twice as much HP than the dragon, but do less damage.

Hmm. Twice as much HP? Ouch. That is going to make the 1 soul runs very difficult. Probably need more 3 soul.

Now I'm starting to regret putting the grief sword on Lindsey lol. Oh well. I'll give everyone else the sword.

Had 1500 unspent demon coins. Oh well, back to waiting on my AP to recharge instead of souls.

Hmm. Twice as much HP? Ouch. That is going to make the 1 soul runs very difficult. Probably need more 3 soul.

Now I'm starting to regret putting the grief sword on Lindsey lol. Oh well. I'll give everyone else the sword.

If she has only two mob waves like Katarith, might be doable.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I also got burned on the demon coins. Had no idea it was going to end. Whatevs... maybe it will come back.

If I have Prysma to spend, which city is the best place to recruit from?

Yaari

I also got burned on the demon coins. Had no idea it was going to end. Whatevs... maybe it will come back.

I guess that would be subjective. It depends on what one needs in his steam. More than anything I'd wait for a rate-up. I personally want Juliana to appear, she will be added soon and will give a ATK boost while sitting on the bench.

That said I'm not expecting to be getting that card, with the poor rates 5* cards have.

Here's a list of what they are currently offering.

Unless you are aiming for a specific class, either Vice Capital or Holy Capital.

Vice has a good collection of units, while Holy has knights and healers.

Of course the odds of you getting one of them is low...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thanks for the feedback on pulls. Does this game often have rate ups? I only started a few days ago...

Azusa

Rixa

So I started yesterday, this game seems to be kinda similar to Vita game Destiny of Spirits (played it through), which helped me to understand this game. Defeated 12 demons yesterday, got only 3* units cause I was too lazy to reroll (android).

Had some luck, 3* sword that I used to my hero (that might be a mistake :D).
Hero cant evolve past lvl 40 in this version right?

Also was really lucky with daily beginners quest / event (money), 2 tries and got all 4 of them.
After migrating sword (that did cost 15k) and some serious char merging Iam still at 67k gold.

Used some Prysma to get Arcana limit to 70, might increase it later or save to 10+1 summon (Iam now at 100 Prysma).

Feel free to add me, Iam surely going to play this every day.

My ID: 112,085,091

Azusa

So I started yesterday, this game seems to be kinda similar to Vita game Destiny of Spirits (played it through), which helped me to understand this game. Defeated 12 demons yesterday, got only 3* units cause I was too lazy to reroll (android).

Had some luck, 3* sword that I used to my hero (that might be a mistake :D).
Hero cant evolve past lvl 40 in this version right?

Also was really lucky with daily beginners quest (money), 2 tries and got all 4 of them.
After migrating sword (that did cost 15k) and some serious char merging Iam still at 67k gold.

Used some Prysma to get Arcana limit to 70, might increase it later or save to 10+1 summon (Iam now at 100 Prysma).

Feel free to add me, Iam surely going to play this every day.

My ID: 112,085,091

Hero don't know how to fight. He is so weak and useless. 2* warriors are even better than him.

Save that prysma and roll 10+1. You want some 3* and maybe 4*+ cards.

Also if you are f2p its better to focus on warrior teams, maybe some knight and completely forget about mages and archers.

Rixa

Hero don't know how to fight. He is so weak and useless. 2* warriors are even better than him.

Save that prysma and roll 10+1. You want some 3* and maybe 4*+ cards.

Also if you are f2p its better to focus on warrior teams, maybe some knight and completely forget about mages and archers.

Newbie mistakes here :).
But yeah when I get better units I quit using them (hero atleast). Ive got few Lattys but merged them (more mistakes).

Party formation at the moment

3* Archer Korona (Leader) lvl 10
3* Hero lvl 13
2* Knight Rhuana lvl 12
2* Healer Kate lvl 8

Substituse are
2* Knight Elena lvl 7
3* Mage Minimo lvl 8

chrono01

Used 4x Premium Ticket + 200 Prysma - Got eight 3* units which I promptly sold for Fortune Rings. No Juliana. :(

Oh well, at least I can LB4 my Lindsey now, so there's that?

Jomjom

Banned
Used 4x Premium Ticket + 200 Prysma - Got eight 3* units which I promptly sold for Fortune Rings. No Juliana. :(

Damn I want Juliana so bad. I did get the 5* Brianna or whatever she is called.

JNA

Banned
Oh crap I just got on.

How massive are the boosted rates for the URs!? 0_0 Juliana looks like an amazing paladin I think. Is she any good? Is she the best out of the URs here or no?

And how long does this last?

Azusa

Oh crap I just got on.

How massive are the boosted rates for the URs!? 0_0 Juliana looks like an amazing paladin I think. Is she any good? Is she the best out of the URs here or no?

And how long does this last?

Juliana is an event only card and she is the best sub unit. Her second skill gives +10% attack to all team and something else while she in sub.

Rixa

Juliana is an event only card and she is the best sub unit. Her second skill gives +10% attack to all team and something else while she in sub.

In this event is it under 2% chance to get her? Or have they boosted that chance?

JNA

Banned

Oh dang. That would be very cool to have. I still need 160 prysma though to get the 10+1 free rolls.

Have any of you tried getting pulls from them yet?

JNA

Banned

And after 20 pulls:

3*: 17

4*: 3
Phillip (archer)
Adelle (healer)
Lucana (mage)

Oh damn...

So much for "massive boost" in drop rates. :(

Well hey, if I work fast enough and get the 500 prysma, worst case, I just sell the guys and finally get a Lindsey! XD

chrono01

Oh damn...

So much for "massive boost" in drop rates. :(

Well hey, if I work fast enough and get the 500 prysma, worst case, I just sell the guys and finally get a Lindsey! XD
Yeah, they say massive but it's really double, which WOULD be good...if double wasn't still 3.4%. :/

7% in v.2 is much better, and the rates of getting 4* are improved too.

But yes, if you're after a Lindsey, at least selling the 3* will give you Fortune Rings towards obtaining her. So it's not all bad.

Vylash

Current Event, Chain Story Festival 1, January 26th-February 1st

ChainStoryFestival1-header.jpg

Gain Chain Story key characters such as Holy Queen Juliana for a limited time period, clear the quests to obtain Fortune Rings, Rare Arcana and even Rank A weapons
During the event duration, a new event recruitment will be added - "Chain Chronicle Festival".
Key characters that are required for Chain Story will have their recruitment rates doubled.
Players can recruit the characters for 50 Prysma each for rare and above characters.

JNA

Banned
Yeah, they say massive but it's really double, which WOULD be good...if double wasn't still 3.4%. :/

7% in v.2 is much better, and the rates of getting 4* are improved too.

But yes, if you're after a Lindsey, at least selling the 3* will give you Fortune Rings towards obtaining her. So it's not all bad.

I wish I was in a position where I could limit break Lindsey 4 times tho XD.

Is Lindsey still good even without the limit breaks if I can't get more of her?

chrono01

I wish I was in a position where I could limit break Lindsey 4 times tho XD.

Is Lindsey still good even without the limit breaks if I can't get more of her?
Yes!

Lindsey is one of the few Fortune Ring characters here you really don't need to LB her for her to be effective. Definitely grab her, even if it means she'll only be at LB0. If Gumi follows the Japanese release they'll bring her back in a few months, so you can always LB her further then. Just keep saving up those Fortune Rings!

JNA

Banned
Yes!

Lindsey is one of the few Fortune Ring characters here you really don't need to LB her for her to be effective. Definitely grab her, even if it means she'll only be at LB0. If Gumi follows the Japanese release they'll bring her back in a few months, so you can always LB her further then. Just keep saving up those Fortune Rings!

Well I got 16 so far!.... :(

Kinda why I'm also hoping to get some unneeded 4* and/or 5* just so I can sell them for rings. XD

Top Bottom